TESTERS WANTED! ×

2 piece golfballs

I get it, too! The main reason I don't play a "better"ball, is because I can't keep it in the fairway. I am now playing what is "working" at this time. It just happens to be a 2 piece value ball. I will play this ball for as long as it is working for me. I have had the most enjoyable last 4 rounds of golf I have played in quite a while. This will be "status quo" until I feel it is necessary to make a move to a "better" ball. Been playing since 1998, and I have a good sense of my game. I don't aspire to be a low hdcp. player, I just want it to be enjoyable. I appreciate all the advice, but I am comfortable with my decision. When learning the game in the first few years, I put in a lot of time at the range, and then tried to play every weekend. By my 5th year, I was scoring in the upper 80's-lower 90's, all by playing 2 piece balls. A lot of them, harder than I am playing now. I made them work then. I lost my game along the way, and not playing regularly did not help. Changed equipment, trying different balls, 3 piece included. 110 got to be a regular number for me. Had Golftec look at my swing, and found a fault nobody that I play with saw. I was swaying off the ball. Fixed that, and my game was coming back. All new clubs in the bag in the last 3 years, and now this ball, that is really helping me play better. So, my game is looking up. I am trying to play more, but family stuff comes first. Have tried a handful of "better" balls, old favorites, and now the TopFlite Hammer Control yellow. Sticking with what works, until I think I need to change. Not about money totally, but not going to throw it away either. I'm in the fairway more with this ball than any other as of late. Tour Response was the last 3 piece I tried, and loved it around the green, not so much off the tee. To much spin off the driver, was losing distance, losing balls. So, for now, this is it. TopFlite Hammer Control is my ball!

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

So, now where were we? 2 piece balls-who is playing them? Why? What do you like about the ball? What don't you like? Not about the deals on better balls! We are talking 2 piece orbs! Gotta be a bunch of us on this site! If you play it, own it! 

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

... Fun topic! Obviously there is no right or wrong answers BUT if you are looking to get better at this game and are willing to put in the time to improve, you really should be playing a urethane covered tour ball. You can hit every kind of shot with one. Learn to play different trajectories, different spin around the green and make a ball stop on a dime when you need it to and most importantly learn how to completely control your shots. That said, there are plenty of golfers that just want to play golf and enjoy the day.

... Ionomer covers used to be a good tweener bargain with DTC urethane balls costing the same, although the Ionomer is more durable than urethane so there is that to consider.  If you tend to hit trees and cart paths and prefer the durability of a surlyn ball there is certainly nothing wrong with that. If you tend to lose a lot of balls and want the cheapest ones you can lose, nothing wrong with that either. In the end it is your game and your choice. But the one universal piece of advice I would give is play the same ball so you know how your short game will perform. Sure some of you may blade, chunk or have no idea where your chip/pitch is going much of the time but when you do hit one well, you will know you hit a good shot with a lot of roll using a Velocity or a more controlled roll with spin using a Urethane ball. Whether it is a Bridgestone e12, Srixon Q Star or a ProV1 pick one ball and stick with it. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

When I used to live in a part of the country where winters are very wet and there are basically no roll in fairways and any ball sit on the soft greens, my preferred winter ball was a Pinnacle Soft Feel.  Back then I used to play of a 4 handicap, but the courses were definitely more forgiving on stray shots than the courses I currently play on. When course conditions are better with firmer greens and fairways I prefer a premium ball.  I do think my friends who always used to play Pro V balls no matter the course conditions of much higher handicaps (14-24) could have done just as well playing 2 piece balls in those super wet conditions. 

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg TS3 8.5°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.38fe6f95dda21245f3fac3407e54d0b3.jpg RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5°

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX Utility 3 iron

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX7 4 Iron - PW

default_cleveland-small.jpg.903af6280bdadd06ef9c8f0c4dfe4218.jpg 54° and 60° Wedges

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.aa4eac2325a98c0e94d74d30721a263a.gif Newport 2 Gunmetal

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg Pro V1

Garmin Fenix 6 X Pro with Garmin Golf to track stats and use for on course range finding

On 7/24/2022 at 9:07 PM, drb1956 said:

For me it was more than $70 a season. I would lose a box in 4 rounds on average. 

You must be playing a ton of golf then.  If you play 32 rounds of golf a year and lose a sleeve every round, you need 8 dozen a season.  8 dozen x $5 ea is $40 a year.  Meanwhile you will have spent $1200+ minimum on green fees alone.  

Again, if you're shopping around and buy in bulk when they are on sale, you can find high quality urethane balls for $30/dozen.  

I think the biannual ball test and the ball lab days show pretty clearly that you don't need to drop $50/dozen of ProV1 balls to get a high performing quality tour ball.

And honestly, if you're playing more than 30 rounds a year, it's probably a good idea to cut back and invest more time in lessons and at the range to improve your scores which will in turn drop your ball usage.  Personally, I only have ~5 hours a week to dedicate to golf so I choose to spend those on the course knowing full well that is the reason I've been stuck at a 20 cap forever.  

14 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

You must be playing a ton of golf then.  Personally, I only have ~5 hours a week to dedicate to golf so I choose to spend those on the course knowing full well that is the reason I've been stuck at a 20 cap forever.  

Not playing a ton, but have about 8-9 rounds in since early May. More than in prior years. Not going to be doing lessons at this late date in my life(65). I'm a 25+cap and falling...will level out at 20 or so~. So, just going to enjoy what I am doing now. Play when I can...

48 minutes ago, drb1956 said:

Not playing a ton, but have about 8-9 rounds in since early May. More than in prior years. Not going to be doing lessons at this late date in my life(65). I'm a 25+cap and falling...will level out at 20 or so~. So, just going to enjoy what I am doing now. Play when I can...

Never too late to take a couple of lessons.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

1 hour ago, drb1956 said:

So, just going to enjoy what I am doing now. Play when I can...

That is all you should do then.  Play the equipment and in the case of this thread the balls that you want to play.  as long as you enjoy playing the game it really doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, GaDawg said:

Never too late to take a couple of lessons.

Maybe when I retire, and have more me time. Right now, not so much. I would not have time to dedicate to learning whatever new swing thought, or whatever mechanics I need to change. Right now, I just keep it simple. Have fun! Advance the ball!!

Just now, drb1956 said:

Maybe when I retire, and have more me time. Right now, not so much. I would not have time to dedicate to learning whatever new swing thought, or whatever mechanics I need to change. Right now, I just keep it simple. Have fun! Advance the ball!!

... Well, I'll just throw this out there. You should be able to find an instructor that may be able to show you some bad habits you don't want to engrain. Just be up front first lesson and tell him you aren't interested in dedicating yourself to a new swing and just want to make sure you aren't doing anything detrimental to your future golf. Or of course not and Just Have Fun and Advance the Ball.  😇

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

On 7/27/2022 at 4:15 PM, chisag said:

... Well, I'll just throw this out there. You should be able to find an instructor that may be able to show you some bad habits you don't want to engrain. Just be up front first lesson and tell him you aren't interested in dedicating yourself to a new swing and just want to make sure you aren't doing anything detrimental to your future golf. Or of course not and Just Have Fun and Advance the Ball.  😇

It's a good thought, just to have maybe Golftec "evaluate" my swing. Maybe just to correct one swing flaw that I might be doing. No rebuilding! Right now, having too much fun playing, new ball and all! Advance the ball!🏌‍♂️

Where are all the players of 2 piece balls? Gotta be more than what has already posted? Lets keep this thread going! I am not embarrassed to say I play a non-tour ball. It's just where my game is at right now. I have tried to play "better" balls. Did not work out. I can't keep them in the fairway. I will possibly revisit some of the balls to try again at a later date, as they update them from time to time. My game could possibly dictate that I need to do that, at that time. Right now, I am having a blast with the 2 piece ball I am playing right now.. Anybody else??

On 7/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, chisag said:

... Fun topic! Obviously there is no right or wrong answers BUT if you are looking to get better at this game and are willing to put in the time to improve, you really should be playing a urethane covered tour ball. You can hit every kind of shot with one. Learn to play different trajectories, different spin around the green and make a ball stop on a dime when you need it to and most importantly learn how to completely control your shots. That said, there are plenty of golfers that just want to play golf and enjoy the day.

... Ionomer covers used to be a good tweener bargain but with DTC urethane balls costing is the same, although the Ionomer is more durable than urethane so there is that to consider.  If you tend to hit trees and cart paths and prefer the durability of a surlyn ball there is certainly nothing wrong with that. If you tend to lose a lot of balls and want the cheapest ones you can lose, nothing wrong with that either. In the end it is your game and your choice. But the one universal piece of advice I would give is play the same ball so you know how your short game will perform. Sure some of you may blade, chunk or have no idea where your chip/pitch is going much of the time but when you do hit one well, you will know you hit a good shot with a lot of roll using a Velocity or a more controlled roll with spin using a Urethane ball. Whether it is a Bridgestone e12, Srixon Q Star or a ProV1 pick one ball and stick with it. 

Let's see how this season goes. I have been interested in the E12, as its cover is pretty similar to the Hammer Control, with dimple in dimple. And with a urethane cover, might just work for me, if I can keep it in the fairway. Maybe toward the end of the season, I might pick up a box, just to try. I have 4 boxes of HC's for the season, let's see how my play progresses, as I am playing better with this ball. 

2 hours ago, drb1956 said:

Let's see how this season goes. I have been interested in the E12, as its cover is pretty similar to the Hammer Control, with dimple in dimple. And with a urethane cover, might just work for me, if I can keep it in the fairway. Maybe toward the end of the season, I might pick up a box, just to try. I have 4 boxes of HC's for the season, let's see how my play progresses, as I am playing better with this ball. 

E12 Contact is 3 piece ionomer, I prefer it over the HC. Great performance, straight off the tee, decent spin into the greens. Not tour level but not garbage rock ball level either. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 hours ago, russtopherb said:

E12 Contact is 3 piece ionomer, I prefer it over the HC. Great performance, straight off the tee, decent spin into the greens. Not tour level but not garbage rock ball level either. 

Ok, on the ionomer. I play mostly ionomer balls anyway. Would be like a TF Gamer then. Lets see how I'm playing. The TF HC's I'm playing are really doing it for me! Great off the tee, great approach spin, and hop and stop with the wedges. My CBX2's love this ball, as they perform well..Advance the ball!!

On 7/29/2022 at 7:07 AM, drb1956 said:

Where are all the players of 2 piece balls? Gotta be more than what has already posted? Lets keep this thread going! I am not embarrassed to say I play a non-tour ball. It's just where my game is at right now. I have tried to play "better" balls. Did not work out. I can't keep them in the fairway. I will possibly revisit some of the balls to try again at a later date, as they update them from time to time. My game could possibly dictate that I need to do that, at that time. Right now, I am having a blast with the 2 piece ball I am playing right now.. Anybody else??

I'm going through the same thing right now, trying out different "spinnier" 3 pc. urethane balls but, I keep going back to my trusty Fifty Elite. It does everything I want it to do.

8 hours ago, rd1959 said:

I'm going through the same thing right now, trying out different "spinnier" 3 pc. urethane balls but, I keep going back to my trusty Fifty Elite. It does everything I want it to do.

Never played the Fifty, but played with guys that did. I have played the Cally SS, or Maxfli Softfli, and they are good balls for those struggling to keep it in the fairway. Been trying to play any 3 piece ball, but end up losing them off the tee. So, I play what works, and lately the TF Hammer Control, is doing it for me. Good distance, and all the rest is under "control" with this ball. Look forward to playing with this ball. Have not played well in the past few years, but now, scores are coming down. Does what I need it to do!! Have fun, advance the ball...

The Titleist Velocity is a good 2pc ball. It's really the only one I consider because most of them are too soft for my swing speed. I get great distance and it actually stops decently too.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Played Sunday at a little, short(6000 yds). I lost 2 balls, both to water hazards. My driving took a couple if holes to find the fairway, but then it was a good thing. Approach shots were not always on the green, as most were pin high left, or right of the green. Chips and pitches were pretty good if I may say so! Good distance control, hitting the landing area I wanted, with nice rollout, leaving a lot of 3-4 foot putts, and of course, burning the edge on over half of them. Very encouraged by my recent rounds, and this 2 piece ball is a big part of my sucess on the course. TopFlite Hammer Control yellow! This is my gamer for the season!!

How about some feedback on the Srixon Q-Star, which is a premium 2 piece ball. Anybody play this ball? Driving, irons, wedges, putting..Would like to know what the members think??

So, again, a thread left to go off in thread pugatory..I guess we get bored easily...

On 7/27/2022 at 9:13 AM, drb1956 said:

Not going to be doing lessons at this late date in my life(65). I'm a 25+cap and falling...will level out at 20 or so~. So, just going to enjoy what I am doing now. 

I'm 75 and will do a lesson on a occasional basis - 2 or 3 a season. They've made a remarkable difference in my game and now I hardly lose balls (FYI when I started golfing 10 yrs. ago  I use to buy the Slazenger 3 doz pack for $25 because I lost so many) .Maybe the $$ you save on 2 piece balls could be reallocated to lessons? On the other hand I played with a 15 HCP last week that plays with Noodles 😱

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Game is coming around, and at 65, lessons not coming anytime soon. Playing a 2 piece I can control off the tee, after having tried a handful of 3 piece balls. Around the green, this ball will check, with rollout. Very controllable, leaving good distance for putts. Game is coming around, scores dropping. Will continue to play this ball for the season, 4 boxes invested. 

On 8/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, drb1956 said:

How about some feedback on the Srixon Q-Star, which is a premium 2 piece ball. Anybody play this ball? Driving, irons, wedges, putting..Would like to know what the members think??

I like them I have won so many the last 3 years I play them. I also like the cheaper Srixon Marathon. Far as I go I can stop almost any ball because I hit a trap cut by design. Now during the week I mess around with different balls because that is part of my fun. Someone mentioned the Maxfli Soft Fli. I found one this week and played 4 holes with it and I liked it. It is now in my shag bag which I play my morning rounds out of. Most of my shag bag is Srixons that I have 2 rounds or so on. If I did not have so many Srixon balls I have won I would play the Maxfli. Now to be honest if I was playing comp or money matches again I would play Vice or Snell. When the course is muddy I play the cheaper Srixon Marathon balls. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 7/29/2022 at 7:07 AM, drb1956 said:

The main thing as you said is you are having a blast and that is what counts. Golf is supposed to be fun-- Hey I always think outside the box and play that way too and I have fun doing things my way as unconventional as it may seem to some folks

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

7 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

The main thing as you said is you are having a blast and that is what counts. Golf is supposed to be fun-- Hey I always think outside the box and play that way too and I have fun doing things my way as unconventional as it may seem to some folks

Fun is the reason I play. Sure, I play to score well, but it must be fun as well. I don't make a living with this game. It is for recreation. It can be an expensive hobby, just clubs alone. Add in greens fees, balls, lessons, accessories, lunch, beer, and any travel costs if you plan a trip. So, it is for the memories that we make, the comeraderie of friends and family, as we swing our way through the golf course of life. So, now as I stand on the 18th tee of life before retirement, I can see the clubhouse, thinking about how my life will change when I retire, hoping that my good health will continue, so I can continue to play this great game of tradition, rules, and etiquette, along with the ups and downs of the emotions that come with it. Above all, having fun while playing, and living...

On 7/23/2022 at 8:36 AM, russtopherb said:

I’ll play the Duo Soft or Soft Feel in the early and late season. Likewise with the Hammer Control. All decent balls at great price points. My current favorite e12 Contact is a 3 piece, though. 

Have you play e12 soft? 

Ddpham

6 hours ago, drb1956 said:

Fun is the reason I play. Sure, I play to score well, but it must be fun as well. I don't make a living with this game. It is for recreation. It can be an expensive hobby, just clubs alone. Add in greens fees, balls, lessons, accessories, lunch, beer, and any travel costs if you plan a trip. So, it is for the memories that we make, the comeraderie of friends and family, as we swing our way through the golf course of life. So, now as I stand on the 18th tee of life before retirement, I can see the clubhouse, thinking about how my life will change when I retire, hoping that my good health will continue, so I can continue to play this great game of tradition, rules, and etiquette, along with the ups and downs of the emotions that come with it. Above all, having fun while playing, and living...

Since recovering from my accident I have been playing 5 or 6 times a week. I have full membership at my club so I can play and ride as much as I want to free basically. I have a standard starting time as in like 6:30 every morning. If I just play and do not hit multiple balls I can usually play 18 and be in by 8:45 or 9:00 at the latest. I really relish the solitude and the smells and sights in the early morning. Also my course being in a community I react some with residents walking their Dogs or doing their morning walks. If I feel the need to rest I stop at some of my designated places and enjoy a cigar and a water. LOL most of the time on those rounds I play balls from my shag bag so thus different balls. I do not care if I hit a wayward one I do not bother too much to look for it. As SOP for me now I carry 2 sets of clubs in the car. The signature set and my vintage set. I make a decision when I open the trunk. For me it is all about the fun factor and being on the course in the early mornings. My wife does not mind it at all since I am off my butt and loosing weight and feeling good again. I had a friend of mine who was lazy to begin with. He inherited a bunch of money from his Dad. Nothing really wrong with him but he ended up sitting on his butt doing nothing getting fatter and fatter. He passed about 10 years ago at age 65 ( same as me now) Like I said nothing really wrong with him just fat and lazy. My wife and I said we would be dammed if we let me get like that. Golf for me now in a nutshell is strictly fun and I do not care about the score and I enjoy hitting clubs that others call outdated and antique. I do play the Saturday Shootout and put forth my best effort there but still play what clubs I want to. Right now with the team I have it is all about the fun factor for me. With some of the teams we have now we do not have a chance but I can see us up there if we get red hot with the putter. For me now golf is all about the kicks and giggles factor

G

6 hours ago, Ddpham said:

Have you play e12 soft? 

Yes. E12 Contact was much better for me - more distance off the tee and a bit more bite on the greens. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I currently play whatever ball I grab out of my bag of found decent condition balls. I've started trying to commit to using only one ball for putting, which right now is a srixon soft feel. The srixon are the first new golf balls I've bought in a very long time, and I mainly got them because they were on sale a dollar a ball. I've gone through a lot of them, and am now saving the last 6 for putting, as I honestly didn't notice any difference in my play for staying consistent with one ball; my swing is not consistent enough for it to matter to be honest. I've played both 2 and 3 piece balls and currently can't recognized the difference yet, which isn't surprising as I have just started trying to get good at golf. 

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors