TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are your other "passions"?

JBones

If you are ever out this way, a lot of fishing too!

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to add fishing to my list of passions. It's probably my favorite thing to do besides playing golf. I fish for catfish and stripers on the Ohio, as well as largemouth in any body of water that contains them. Every summer we take a family trip to Gatlinburg, TN and my bro-in-law and I go up into the Smokies fly fishing. We track way up there too, past the bear warning signs. We have never caught anything.....except a buzz; we usually take a 12 pack, a flask of bourbon, and a couple cigars. It is amazing (see pic below)

Fly fishing.jpg

Hope your taking a 44 also, because Bear can be no joke, especially if it's a mother and cub.

My father used to work in Alaska and I got the great fortune of going up for 3 weeks a summer from age 8 until I was 23. Many, many stories, but the worst was being charged in an open 1/2 mile field from the other end by a mother Moose...we couldn't make the tree line after what seemed liked 10 minutes of running, so my Dad put her down at 20 yards with 2 shots from his 44. We were terrified.

Caught tons and tons of fish though~!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

thankfully in California our bears are not nearly as "agressive" - I've been out backpacking on the JMT and had a bear rip a huge hole in our tent for some toothpaste - we were sitting about 15' away and the minute we yelled at the bear, he ran off.

pretty much the same thing anytime I've come across bears locally.

started to get between a mother and cub once, and she did turn around on me, but I backed off slowly and she didn't get crazy

• SPY VIP

Beer is about to become a passion, as I'm about to start brewing my own. I do however already LOVE drinking it.

Thanks for posting pics, Dave, it's 10:00AM and now I'm craving a beer. LOL

It's only 8:00 AM here :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Very nice. I hate buses that claim to be "party buses", but they don't have a stripper pole; this is a true party bus. Have fun.

The buses I ride have tons of those poles.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Natalie Gulbis, body paint, beer, party buses....

I am for combining all of these into a night of passion.

This will be my 250th post and I can not think of anything better to commemorate this event that to be thinking of a naked Natalie, beer, and parties.

And just like that I am now a Senior Field Operative.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Also, get them golfing right away. I hear women's college golf scholarships have a relatively low bar.

Congrats again JBones!

Thanks. I will be having them golfing ASAP. I have a putter for my 2.5 year old, so she goes to practice with me sometimes. My wife asked her yesterday "when you get bigger are you going to go shopping with mommy or golfing with daddy?", my daughter said "golfing with daddy".

Thanks. I will be having them golfing ASAP. I have a putter for my 2.5 year old, so she goes to practice with me sometimes. My wife asked her yesterday "when you get bigger are you going to go shopping with mommy or golfing with daddy?", my daughter said "golfing with daddy".

That's AWESOME! Good work!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

After seeing this video I have decided to scratch grizzly bear watching from my list of other passions. I hope they brought plenty of clean underwear.

Ok I tried to insert a video of a grizzly bear charging a group of tourist, and it came up and sniffed one of their hair before it turned around and walked off.

So instead you get a joke.

When in bear country you should wear bells on your clothes and carry pepper spray. The way to tell if it is a black bear or grizzly bear area is the black bear crap will have berries in it. Grizzly bear crap has little bells, and smells like pepper spray. :P

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Archived