What are your other "passions"?

I used to be huge into sports cars and Harley's and then I had kids. I have owned mostly Mustangs and had a 88 5.0 that my old man and I did a complete overhaul on, had a 2000 GT that I totalled in 2003 and a 2004 GT convertible that I sold when we found out baby number 2 was coming. I still have two Harleys that I ride about twice a year that I am considering selling as they are museum pieces at this point.

Quick pic of my 2000 GT that met an untimely death and me and my pup heading to the beach in the 2004.

sorry about your stang but what is that in the background beside the Ford pickup? It looks like a 50 Dodge to me

Driver --- Honma G1-X Stock R Flex----  3W Callaway Steelhead UST Pro Force Gold 65 stiff--- 2 iron 1980 Macgregor VIP Nike R flex-------- Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex shafts--- SW Cleveland 588 Sensicore S-400-- Putter Rusty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft-- Bag Old School Hoofer I had in the stash--- Goes along with my raggety persona

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a hobby *****:

Mountain biking

Hiking

Backpacking (done two through hikes on the JMT and would love to do the PCT someday)

Shooting

Hunting

Photography

Cigars

My pipe

Wine

I'd say Karaoke, but you can't get me to drink enough to even try.... but I'd sure love to see you guys giving it a go!

Mostly bird hunting so far, meant to get out for deer and elk this last year, but ran out of time and missed the draw.

Quail hunting is just a total blast.

Hoping this year to get out for at least deer (maybe Elk if I get lucky on the lottery, but odds are against me)

Remington 870 for the birds

I've got a .270 for the 4 legged creatures

Camp 9 for plunking around when my wife wants to go out and shoot stuff with me.

Just wish there were better hunting opportunities closer to home.

I could not figure out how to post a picture of my Range Rover, but my wife and I are planning on attending one of those Land Rover Rallys where we and a bunch of other Land Rovers go off roading for two or three days. Last year every one of the was scheduled for when I had a golf tournament and this year i may be out of the country during the spring event but we are still planning on it.

Driver:      :ping-small:  G425MAX 10.5° -1° Flat on Project X HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 65g

Fairway:   :ping-small:  G410 3 wood LST & 5  Wood Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

:ping-small:  G425MAX  7 & 9  Flat on :ping-small: Alta CB 65R

Irons:     :ping-small:  i 500 6-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50°, 54° & 60° on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: Studio Style Newport 1.5

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X :taylormade-small: TP5 

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  

Range Finder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

Tim, I am not a hunter, but would be happy to go hunting with you. My Dad owns 40+ acres on the Eastern Shore of VA, full of deer, 7 stands, turkeys and what ever else is running around there. He has pulled some huge Bucks from there.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

sorry about your stang but what is that in the background beside the Ford pickup? It looks like a 50 Dodge to me

I really do not know. This was the graveyard that my car was towed into and eventually declared a loss. I took this picture about an hour after the accident and was still in a bit of shock to say the least.

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0317 22* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5 35"

Not really a hobby, but I enjoy off-roading. Problem is, in NY there are very few legal places I can take my truck... Actually, other than a few very large mud puddles, I haven't done much in my Tacoma. Back when I had my Jeep I went to Paragon Offroad Park in PA before they closed...Love getting dirty...

I love off roading too, but heres my vehicle of choice:

bk_pugsley_blk_ops.jpg

I also an an Ex-professional musician and have become a serious cyclist, planning 4 century rides this summer

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

If you are ever out this way, a lot of fishing too!

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot to add fishing to my list of passions. It's probably my favorite thing to do besides playing golf. I fish for catfish and stripers on the Ohio, as well as largemouth in any body of water that contains them. Every summer we take a family trip to Gatlinburg, TN and my bro-in-law and I go up into the Smokies fly fishing. We track way up there too, past the bear warning signs. We have never caught anything.....except a buzz; we usually take a 12 pack, a flask of bourbon, and a couple cigars. It is amazing (see pic below)

Fly fishing.jpg

Hope your taking a 44 also, because Bear can be no joke, especially if it's a mother and cub.

My father used to work in Alaska and I got the great fortune of going up for 3 weeks a summer from age 8 until I was 23. Many, many stories, but the worst was being charged in an open 1/2 mile field from the other end by a mother Moose...we couldn't make the tree line after what seemed liked 10 minutes of running, so my Dad put her down at 20 yards with 2 shots from his 44. We were terrified.

Caught tons and tons of fish though~!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

Hope your taking a 44 also, because Bear can be no joke, especially if it's a mother and cub.

The only weapon I take is a large knife. We do take a couple packs of bologna in our cooler though, hoping that throwing that to a bear will buy us enough time to get away.

thankfully in California our bears are not nearly as "agressive" - I've been out backpacking on the JMT and had a bear rip a huge hole in our tent for some toothpaste - we were sitting about 15' away and the minute we yelled at the bear, he ran off.

pretty much the same thing anytime I've come across bears locally.

started to get between a mother and cub once, and she did turn around on me, but I backed off slowly and she didn't get crazy