Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Shaft testing by 16 handicap player

Bang60

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I would never consider it that way but sure they have roughly the same quality of performance 

Would it be fair to say that IF the quality of performance is roughly the same then "either" shaft might be a good fit for a certain golfer?  If a certain golfer tends to hit the ball to the left, the right shot pattern shaft might be the perfect fit. And for a golfer that tends to hit the ball to the right, the left hitting shaft might be perfert for that golfer?  

What I'm saying here is that both shaft are performing to the same level or quality of performance. But one shaft is NOT going to fit every golfer, and this is where some people on this site are misreading what I've posted. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I put feel at about 1 or 2 on the scale.  We are also saying not to consciously change your swing and if the shaft doesn’t work and to change the shaft.  We have also never said anything about chasing a desired feel but to look at performance.  

let’s try looking at it this way.  If I gave you 2 balls that were the same size and the only difference was that one weighed 1 pound and one weighed 5 pounds and asked you to throw them.    Would your body move exactly the same way and the throws would be indistinguishable? 

Aren't you going to the extreme here with the 1 and 5 pound ball throwing thing. Sure, I would have to put a lot more effort into throwing the 5# ball, but so would you. But we are not talking about a 1# shaft and a 5# shaft here. We are talking about very small difference when you look at the total weight of a driver. 200 grams head, 50 grams grip. give or that 10 grams for ferrule, tape and epoxy, then either a 65 grams shaft or a 75 grams shaft. That comes to either a 325 grams total or a 335 grams total. Totally different thing compared to 1 or 5 pound ball throwing. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

Well this was a rough read......

I have alluded to it before, I am no golf tech expert and am pretty basic in all of the discussion on this thread. I enjoy reading about it and seeing the math/science in it all but in the end for me the ball better get out there for me.

@chisagsaid it best on page 2 that shouldn't feel and performance be hand in hand? Doesnt go for just shafts but for heads too. If it doesnt feel like its playing well then performance probably isnt going to be there, feels like alot of splitting hairs here....or maybe I am just that black and white.....

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

20 minutes ago, IONEPUTT said:

Aren't you going to the extreme here with the 1 and 5 pound ball throwing thing. Sure, I would have to put a lot more effort into throwing the 5# ball, but so would you. But we are not talking about a 1# shaft and a 5# shaft here. We are talking about very small difference when you look at the total weight of a driver. 200 grams head, 50 grams grip. give or that 10 grams for ferrule, tape and epoxy, then either a 65 grams shaft or a 75 grams shaft. That comes to either a 325 grams total or a 335 grams total. Totally different thing compared to 1 or 5 pound ball throwing. 

And the very small difference with golf clubs results in very small changes that need a launch monitor to detect.  We are talking about a few degrees of change…..something you cannot measure without the right equipment but will impact the performance of the club.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG