Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

How do you keep your hands dry during hot, humid rounds?

I don't consider myself to be a "sweaty" person, but when the temperature gets over 90 and the humidity is right up there, I have a real problem keeping my sweaty hands from affecting my grip. I played a round one time with a buddy of mine, who's rather large. He had some kind of lotion that he swore kept his hands dry. There have been times I bust out the rain gloves it gets so bad, but there's got to be a better solution. Anyone have any secrets or tips on how to keep your sweaty hands from messing with your games?

No matter where you go, there you are.

36 minutes ago, RH716 said:

I don't consider myself to be a "sweaty" person, but when the temperature gets over 90 and the humidity is right up there, I have a real problem keeping my sweaty hands from affecting my grip. I played a round one time with a buddy of mine, who's rather large. He had some kind of lotion that he swore kept his hands dry. There have been times I bust out the rain gloves it gets so bad, but there's got to be a better solution. Anyone have any secrets or tips on how to keep your sweaty hands from messing with your games?

This is probably along the lines of what your buddy was using, I saw this on Shark Tank a while back.

https://www.amazon.com/Carpe-Antiperspirant-dermatologist-recommended-non-irritating-hyperhidrosis/dp/B010BVZ1VU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?dchild=1&keywords=Carpe+Antiperspirant+Hand+Lotion&qid=1594144382&sr=8-6&linkCode=sl1&tag=ejis09-20&linkId=d49bd440c3db00349ec3bd89e2a302be

Here are some other options after some quick Amazon/GoogleFu

https://www.amazon.com/Gamer-Goo-Antiperspirant-Non-Sticky-Athletes/dp/B081HGT6BY?th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=ejis09-20&linkId=fd746dd10ae2e9485ca6b844b56d8af9&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

https://www.amazon.com/SweatBlock-Antiperspirant-Excessive-Effective-Compliant/dp/B07BM9LHV1/ref=pd_bxgy_sccl_2/144-6662226-3258139?pd_rd_w=gb7Yd&content-id=amzn1.sym.7757a8b5-874e-4a67-9d85-54ed32f01737&pf_rd_p=7757a8b5-874e-4a67-9d85-54ed32f01737&pf_rd_r=VHM03QZ1MTWZV0JX7AKV&pd_rd_wg=T2vfL&pd_rd_r=6a83d0a9-c658-4a9f-8236-96114ac84c8c&pd_rd_i=B07BM9LHV1&psc=1

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

My hands get very sweaty. A couple years ago @tony@CIC mentioned he uses a rain glove when it's hot and humid. I've been doing that and it works out well for me. On really bad days I'll even put on both gloves.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

July and August I switch to the Mokom golf glove. Look in the unofficial review thread and search for Mokom. I tried it last season and I'm wearing it again this season. Actually the same glove. It holds up well. It's also less on Amazon than direct from the manufacturer. Figure out your size on the Mokom site then order from Amazon.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

39 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

My hands get very sweaty. A couple years ago @tony@CIC mentioned he uses a rain glove when it's hot and humid. I've been doing that and it works out well for me. On really bad days I'll even put on both gloves.

That's exactly what I have had to do. It gets so damn humid that my regular glove is soaked about halfway through the front 9. That's when I either grab the spare glove or resort to the rain gloves. I saw something today that mentioned using baby powder. I might have to give that a try. I also found a hand drying lotion on amazon earlier that is specifically for sports. The price is low enough that I don't mind giving this a chance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JJAVQN6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1CMDIK0O5O2GD&psc=1

No matter where you go, there you are.

53 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I just go to my rain glove

Interesting .. you use both ? Or just one ?

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

When it gets hot and humid, I wear a rain glove instead of a regular glove.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I don't play a glove and live in NC where the heat and humidity get pretty intense this time of year.  What I do is use a Frogg Toggs chilly pad throughout the round to wipe off my hands to keep the oil and grease from the sweat from building up.  I keep it damp but not soaking wet so that it absorbs water instead of getting water on you.  If you wipe your hands right before each shot, the film of water evaporates and you have perfectly clean/dry hands to hit your shot with.  This keeps my hands dry for each shot and has worked for me without powders, lotions, etc.

My bag is a revolving door!