TESTERS WANTED! ×

Scotland Tour Operators

I am working with several tour operators on a Scotland 12 day 9 course tour for 10 of us.  Here is good bad ugly

Pioneer Golf, Morton, Hidden Links Carr, Scottish Links -  flexible, responsive, easy to communicate - personal attention

Bunch of others....non responsive, lack of follow up, make claims and don't follow through. 

Unique award to Perry for a build your own trip tool with instant quotes.

Who did you have good experience RECENTLY ?

Driver FW - Titleist 917

Irons 4 to 8 - Titleist T300 2° flat

Irons 9 to wedges - George Nicoll Royal musclebacks 70s vintage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select blackout

They guy on the left is Sean Winton from a few years ago - Scotsman living in Florida (crazy, right?)  Did the logistics for two different trips I was responsible for taking clients on  - one in Scotland and one in Ireland.  Would highly recommend  https://www.distincte.com/distinctegolf/  Happy to provide details  - covers all the little things like tipping the cadddie masters (can make a difference) to the suds on the bus.  Can arrange the big names and send you to where the locals play.  If I ever need/get to take clients overseas for golf again he is my call  

image.jpeg.efebcf7f704dc1008b7bfe8f97748f72.jpeg

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

A friend is planning a trip for July 2023, and is using Bonnie Wee Golf.  Its what I would term a "deluxe" package for 12, tour bus with driver, 4-star hotels, top name courses.  I can't tell you how they've been to deal with, but we DO have confirmed times at the Old Course and at Muirfield, two of the toughest bookings to get, even more so in the aftermath of Covid.  

I've planned a number of trips myself, and for the most part you can do everything yourself.  You can choose to drive yourself, you can stay at less expensive hotels and B&Bs, you can play great lesser-known courses, and save a bunch of money.  Or a booking agent can set up a lot of that for you, and still economize in certain areas if the agent is willing to be flexible.  Getting secure times on the Old Course outside of a booking agent requires planning, (October for the following year), I think Muirfield books something like 14 months out.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

“Just” back (May) from the trip that @GolfSpy Barbajo wrote up in a recent two part article. Ours was all planned by https://www.halcyongolftravel.com/ and I would not personally consider using anyone else. Jack was fantastic to work with, addressed every minor detail instantly, and our trip ran like a Swiss watch. I believe Halcyon can provide any level of trip you’d be interested in taking. I would definitely give them the opportunity to provide you a quote. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member