Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MMT Iron Shaft Advice

Hey guys, 

I’ve been out the game for 5 months now after a work shoulder injury. I’m getting back playing but feel my shoulder after 7-9 holes. 

I’ve been advised to try graphite shafts for a bit to build up the strength and muscles again but can’t find any local to try. so I need help on finding a graphite shaft that plays like my Modus 120 X

my swing speed has remained the same it’s just the impacts that get to me. 

any advice is greatly appreciated on the 105TX vs 95S in the mmts

"C'mon be good"

Stop trying to figure out shafts based on swing speed. If impact gets you then find a shaft and head combo that works.

As for similar to modus 120 there aren’t any graphite similar.

The thing with shafts is everyone reacts differently to the feel and weight. Your best bet is to find a place like club champion, TruSpec, cool clubs, txg that is going to carry a wide variety of shafts and see what works. You don’t have to buy anything from any of these places but the fitting fee is worth it to know what works for you

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Having messed around with the 125tx, which is billed as playing like an x100 but I found to be more stout than x100, my guess is that the 105tx will play a bit more stout than Modus 120x which is on the softer side of X, if I recall correctly. YMMV

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

17 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

Having messed around with the 125tx, which is billed as playing like an x100 but I found to be more stout than x100, my guess is that the 105tx will play a bit more stout than Modus 120x which is on the softer side of X, if I recall correctly. YMMV

You are correct the modus 120 plays soft to flex in comparison to most shafts. It has a softer butt section which is why there’s no graphite comparison to it 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1