TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest & Member Review

Golfspy_CG2
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

• I chose the King Forged Tech because i am looking to gain more control of my irons and they will be my first set of clubs out of the game improvement irons.
  • Mark / Dumfries Virginia
  • Taylormade Sim
  • 11 Handicap
  • I would be more than happy to participate in a discussion of my experience with the irons after receiving them.Screenshot_20220730-104532_Chrome.jpg.c4177fcd6d132defb398a3e96da634db.jpg

image.png.f783b06c020250b66d788831d7e79c00.png

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise: The lofts on this model aren't jacked as much, and with the elevate shaft, closer to what I currently play. 
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries): Donald/ Goodyear AZ
  • What current irons you're playing: Callaway Steelheads 
  • Handicap: 8
  • Will you agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them: absolutely. Retired, my time would be your time.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Would be great to try these irons.  I have not had a new set of irons in almost 20 years.  I would love to see how these irons can improve my games and give feedback to others about these irons.

Edited by Woody83

:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver

:callaway-small: Mavrik Three wood

:taylormade-small: M2 Hybrids 3, 4 & 5

:taylormade-small: R7 irons 5 - AW

Volkey sand wedge

David Musty putter

Retired educator who loves this game.  It is challenging and a game of integrity.

Of course I'd love to win a set of these irons. I am a big Cobra fan, I am a 12 handicap but aspiring to lower this. I prefer a players distance iron. The Forged Tec X is of course the set I'm looking at, I need that forgiveness though I am suspecting the feel will be miles better than my M2's. I am looking to experience the feel of forged that everyone raves about butr still need help. Name is Dean M. from Raleigh, NC and I am happy to test and review. I have a YouTube channel on the side (mostly equipment reviews and tips from an average golfer), so I could provide a video review if wanted.

image.png.98865659cae1052897e4028d4542a2dd.png

Edited by dmacko99

DR: PXG 0311 Gen 5 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3W: PXG 0211 with Tensei White Extra Stiff
3H: Tour Exotics EX221 with HZRDUS Smoke Black Stiff
IRN: 2021 PXG 0211 with MMT Mitsubishi Stiff 
54/58: Cleveland CBX
P: Wilson Infinite Buckingham

Thanks for the opportunity! Hoping for the best!

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
    • Chose the KING Forged Tec set to work on shot shaping with the forgiveness of tungsten in the head
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries)
    • David/ Columbus OH
  • What current irons you're playing
    • I'm currently playing the Titleist AP2 712
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
    • Yes, definitely will!

image.png.76d625bd9b07c361d20f5b90a5ec3195.png

David

• Chose the Forged Tec X model for forgiveness, slightly stronger lofts. Being older, still want the Forged feel, it appears Forged Tec X could provide that forgiveness. In addition, Mid/High Kick shafts for Forged Tec X confirmed choice.
  • Tom / Orlando, FL 
  • Currently playing Maverick Pro Irons - 4-GW (however replaced 4i with Rescue - now using 5 - GW)
  • Handicap = 1
  • Definitely would agree to participate in forum discussion and relay experience with Forged Tec X irons! 

image.png.f5df37bb0b7e66b589e8ae91fa21cc8c.png

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

What an opportunity! 

I decided to go with the Forged Tec X. I have not played game improvement heads in awhile, and I’ve been frustrated with my irons of late. I am hoping the forgiveness helps me gain some confidence in my iron play and get my handicap under 10. I currently play Srixon ZX5/ZX7 combo set, and when my swing is right they’re really good. Consistency has been elusive, however. 

My name is Jordan and I live in Newbury Park, CA. My handicap is an 11.6, and I’d love to share my experiences with the forum!

201917F0-332B-4E5A-B118-00E17F3F5773.jpeg.da179b72462ce913468e284659182830.jpeg

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

• I chose the Forged Tec X because I could use the forgiveness along with the distance.
  • Mark Lawrenceville/ NJ
  • I am currently playing a mixed set. Srixon ZX4(5&6 iron) and ZX5 (7-A).
  • 15.7 is my Handicap
  • I will agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.2099197081_ScreenShot2022-07-30at9_58_20AM.png.f5dc083113d2da3f188454d3204158f9.png

One handed golfer who loves the game.

Sim 2 Driver, Callaway Epic Hybrid, Combo Srixon ZX 4 & 5 Irons, Cleveland Wedges and Odyssey Putter

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
  • I chose the forged TEC x model because I could definitely use the added forgiveness for my irons. The additional tungsten weighting low in the head is an intriguing option to get my trajectory and carry distance up.
  • Ryszard San Jose, CA
  • Currently playing JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro Irons
  • Handicap
  • Currently an 18 handicap
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
  • I would definitely agree to participate in a discussion.

Screenshot_20220729-140513.png

Mizuno stz-220 driver 

Apex super hybrid 2 hybrid

Jpx 921 hot metal pro irons

Titleist sm8 vokey wedges

I chose this model for the forgiveness. If it was an option for this contest I would love to try the one length as I love the idea to have the same set up on all my iron shots.

Matt / Denver 

I am currently playing with Cobra F Max / Graphite shafts.  

9.3 current handicap 

Yes I would love to offer feedback and insight, thank you for the opportunity. 

Screenshot_20220730-205955_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220730-205942_Chrome.jpg

W.I.T.B.-Cobra F9 Driver, Cobra F9 3-4 Fairway Wood, Cobra FMax 3-4 Hybrids and 6-PW, Cobra King MIM 50 degree wedge, Bombtech 56, 60, 72 degree wedges, Ping Scottsdale Carefree putter.

BagBoy Nitron Push Cart

Flatirons GC - Boulder, Thorncreek GC - Thornton

image.png.3884b5a41b42141f6a512f233299508b.png

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise:
    • I chose the Standard Forged Tec model because I like the look of a thinner topline and not as much offset. I chose the clubs to be 1* weak because I don't hurt for SS so a little bit of height would help I think as these clubs are a bit stronger than my current set. That being said I have struggled to hit my current set my "normal" distance and would love to recover the 5-7 yards I have lost with a set of HOT CLUBS! 
    • Heath/Edmond/Oklahoma
    • Ping i210s
  • Handicap: 8
    • YES! Would love to give my thoughts, detail my experience and answer some questions about the  Forged Tecs! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

This is such a cool contest, huge thanks to MyGolfSpy and Cobra for doing this! I just bought new irons so I'm sitting it out but Cobra makes awesome clubs, I love all of mine! Secretly hoping my dad @Dawg061 wins so he can finally replace those 30+ year old irons, haha. Best of luck to everyone!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

image.png.4a0a2476de83abbc237be3de40db5a36.png

• I'm only 57 but this review from the Cobra website perfectly summarizes my performance expectations - "feel, forgiving and long!!! At 65 I’m hitting my 7 iron 165 -175 consistently with great trajectory and on the line. You feel the ball explode off the face"
  • Shane, Eugene, OR
  • current irons - TourEdge EXS
  • Handicap - 17.7
  • I would be happy to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons

Tour Edge EXS KBS Max 80

Tour Edge C722 3H, 5H Ventus Blue 7-R (great stock shaft)

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 60

Ping G400 UST Helium Proto 5f4

TaylorMade Ghost Manta Putter

If I was "the man" I'd be in the fairway - Bubba Watson

• I chose the ForgedTex X to keep it in the same performance range as my current set. The lofts of the 5-GW  are similar to my current 4-PW set, and fill a gap I see now between PW and my lowest loft wedge (50/GW). I have played forged irons in the past, Mizuno JPX 850 and Ben Hogan PTX, and really loved the feel of those irons. Combining that with the forgiveness factor of the hollow body design of the ForgedTec X seems like the sweet spot for what I need from irons. I'm confident enough to occaisionally try to work the ball so I want to stay out of the full on GI category, but I'm not so consistent with my swing I can go all the way to a players iron or MB kind of setup.  
  • Greg in Tampa Florida
  • Currently playing Titleist T200 - Side note. Another reason I entered this contest was the recent negative experience dealing with Titleist. Origial set was blended T300 4I/5I, with T200 6I-PW. Played that set for about a year, and never developed comfort with the 4/5 like I had the rest of the set. Ordered T200 4/5 iron through my fitter (a Titleist affiliated rep) last September. Lots of delays attributed to shafts, so realizing I had the proper shafts, changed the order to just the club heads. Three months ago they said that would be about two weeks. The club heads finally arrived this week (only 10 1/2 months after the initial order). Here's a chance for Cobra to step up to the customer service window and beat the competition.
  • 12 Handicap
  • Always willing to participate in the discussion forums. The increased interaction in my last test oppurtunity was great. It made me feel more involved communicating with the other testers and forum members as we progressed toward final reviews.

ForgedTexX2.png.0d09cbc2009f37f229bdc0c735ba9ffc.png

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Oh man, want to sign up for this so bad. Sadly I am still recovering from back surgery and not sure I would be able to give it 100% for the review 😢 good luck to all those putting their names in the hat!

Driver:   :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX LS, 10.5, stiff

:taylormade-small: BRNR MiniDriver, S-Flex

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Rouge ST MAX 3 wood, stiff

Fairway:  :callaway-logo-1:Rouge ST MAX 3 hybrid, S-flex

Irons:   New Level 902 OS, 5-PW, S-Flex

Wedges: :taylormade-small: hi-toe 50, 54, 58,  DG S300 S-flex

Putter:  :EVNROLL: Zero

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour/Z Star

Grips:  Golf Pride Z Grip midsize

1.  I'm looking for a set that combines consistency with feel. Tried a few models between blades and cavity backs. Can't seen to find the right fit yet. I'm hoping the Forged Tec irons fit the bill!

2. Chris / Orlando, FL

3.  Callaway Apex Pro '21

4. Handicap: 4.5

5. I agree to participate in discussions on the forum

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 2.23.01 PM.png

image.png.403a8e19d047aa5c2cd64b0452068bda.png

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
    • Here is the deal. I am an OK player, used to be a 12 but never get to play more than a couple times a month, three kids, college tuition, old house, work for a non profit, etc. You get the idea. However I need new irons, mine are 20+ years old. AND in October I am doing a dream trip to Scotland, Royal Dornach is the base. I so want to be able to play better irons and hope to get better all around performance.
    • Matt, Mahtomedi MN
    • Ping isi
  • Handicap
    • Absoulutely

On 7/29/2022 at 7:18 PM, billpierce said:

Bill Pierce

blue hill Maine 

current hc is 14 and I play mizuno but feel this one length set is where I need to be as I age and simplicity of ball position and swing matter more. 

happy to record my day in life and journey to a more single plane swing. 

EB5932F2-1A6E-4A7A-9D56-60907DE45ACD.jpeg

Not sure if I posted the right picture of my cart lol. I can add ore if needed 

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

I decided on the Forged Tec X because I need a bit more forgiveness than I think that the Forged Tec will give. I like the stronger lofts as well because I naturally hit a very high ball and they will bring that down a bit. 

My name is Jason from Phoenix, AZ

I currently play the PXG 0211 dc

My handicap is 12.7

It would be my honor to participate in reporting on these irons!!!

9751898D-0559-4D18-A59A-EFA86E9AF4FA.png

TS2 Driver 

Titleist fairway and hybrids

Taylormade M6 irons (smoking deal)

Vokey 48, 54, 58 wedges

Titleist 34” Cameron Red X 5 putter

image.png.e3bb13eb16555bf4b32e455eb7df7d66.png

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise.
    • I chose the Forged Tec X because of the added forgiveness while still having the sleek players look. I have been in the market for a new set of irons as I have been playing much more golf this year and have fallen in love with the game. These irons seem to have the best specs for my current game and goals of improvement.
    • Colton/White Lake, Michigan
    • I currently play Cobra Max Irons
  • Handicap
    • 16 handicap and putting in the work to continue to improve that.
    • Yes, I would actually love to participate in discussion on the forum about my experience. While I am very new to the forum and haven't contributed much yet, I am a long time lurker and felt like this give away was a sign for me to jump right in! I am a gearhead and gear reviewer in other industries so this would be a perfect opportunity for someone like myself who loves gear, gear talk and reviewing products but is just an "average golfer" to jump in and have constructive conversation about my experience with the irons.

Thank you My Golf Spy & Cobra for the opportunity!

image.png.e4a03c31500542b5033e2700c48c1a29.png

1.  I chose this model because I feel they will help me be more accurate on approach shots

2. JC/ El Paso, Texas

3.  I am gaming P760s

4. My current handicap 7.3

5. I agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

1. I chose the Forged Tec because I have been improving as a player and recently played a few rounds with some more "blade like" clubs and absolutely loved the feel. I hit my long irons around the same distance as I have cavity backed clubs and with this more mature style I see longer and higher flight and more consistent spacing in distance. Being a former baseball player, I have high swing speed, so I think this option is much better for me than the Tec X. Also, I just started using the Arccos sensors on my clubs and think it is super neat that the sensors are actually built into the grips. 

2. Thomas / Chaska, MN

3. Currently play the Callaway X-20 Irons. 

4. Handicap is a 13.8 

5. Yes, I enjoy talking about my experience with new products, so I would be happy to participate in future discussions. 

image.png.89e1f0044dc7694ecab747d3acce8ceb.png

Thomas Harr

I chose the Cobra King Forged Tec X irons primarily due to my age (80) and hdcp (11).  I need to play irons that have forgiveness, off set, length and are accurate, as illustrated by the MGS recent article on these irons.  I would hope these irons would provide a tight dispersion, be easy to hit, and be consistent.  I would love to play these good looking sticks since the lofts are 3° Stronger than my gamers.

Frank/Anderson, SC

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal

Hdcp-11

I agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.

064BD650-AA93-4DA4-8C2A-2766A242F47B.png

FB3E2A4D-3CD3-454D-9DBC-8D588C147526.png

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

- Getting older, now looking for more help from the irons. More distance and forgiveness but still lower flight. Chose Forged Tec because it is more similar to my current set and I still want the consistency and no fliers. 

- Ryan / Los Altos, CA

- Mizuno MP18/MP18 SC

- Yes, I would absolutely participate, photos, videos and detailed discussions!

Cobra Forged Tec.jpg

D: Ping G400 Max, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

3+w: Callaway Rogue, Aldila Synergy 60 S

3H, 4H: TBD

5i: MP18 Fli-hi, 6i-8i: MP18 SC, 9i-PW: MP18, MRC OTi 100 S

50, 55, 60: Edel 

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise - I grew up with blades and like the look of the irons. I feel they would also give me a better feel and ball/ flight control
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries) Johan / Louisville KY
  • What current irons you're playing- Titleist AP2 forged 
  • Handicap - 7
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.- Yes 
  •  

A04EA561-4B34-49F8-B860-FF1593CF4463.png

92CACDA2-5A9B-44A0-AD50-CCEF47D770AE.png

A golf obsessed husband and father that likes to buy golf gifts "to dad from dad" 🤣 and always having fun on the course no matter what. Life is just too short to take things seriously and let's face it it is just a game! 

• Currently gaming i210 and love them they are very consistent but that also includes mishits. With a 1 year old home, I dont have the time to keep up my ball striking so bad days can be bad. Something a little more game improvement would be welcomed at this time in my life. I've only had ping irons and they are pure, so I would be excited to see how they hold up against cobra
    • Trevor - Birmingham AL
    • i210 4-GW
  • Handicap
    • Absolutely!

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 4.53.21 PM.png

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

I would love to win the Cobra Forged Tec X irons as the descriptions seem to indicate that they would make a better match for my handicap.   Here is my info:

Dave   Fort Wayne/Indiana

Currently Play Titleist T300 Irons

Handicap Index: 13.1

Yes, I would enjoy participating in discussions regarding my experiences with the Tec X, and would do some side-by-side, A-B testing with them along side my T300s.

Thanks to Cobra and MGS for the opportunity!

392599056_CobraTecX.JPG.01780346f946f293170405a13cd3adb2.JPG

Cobra Tec X.PNG

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

1) I chose this model because after suffering an injury at work in September that resulted in my right arm completely paralyzed from the elbow down, I need to move away from blades and relearn my swing with something that has forgiveness but I don't really need the extra distance that the "x" model offers. They will still have that blade like look but easier and more forgiving to hit. I was cleared to golf in May and I just need that extra help.

2) Jason / Emmaus, PA

3) Ben Hogan Fort Worth Blacks

4) used to be a 2.1 handicap prior to my injury but now shooting between 85-93

5) of course I'll participate Screenshot_20220801-215500.png.fe342f21f626b2cab7c180d4a0d55441.png

Edited by Jaygord