Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest & Member Review

Golfspy_CG2
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

17 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

It was the CCC4 competition during the Covid summer of ‘20 that kept me sane, entertained, engaged and really brought my attention to Cobra as a serious OEM iron player … so much so that I bought their OL F9 irons when they went on sale.

While it was a fun experiment, over time, the OL concept just didn’t gel for me. But it was Boston Brian’s love affair with the Forged Tec that caught my attention (not the fact that he won 🙄😂) … plus the speed foam tech in the irons and more importantly, the combo “phorged” tec is highly appealing to me. 

14A6092F-F255-4D67-82EB-008BCEC1510F.png.916b7b8984ee69482a4beb6f25fe96cb.png

- Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise: chose the Forged Tec for it’s more in line with what I’m looking for in an iron set. Less offset, modern lofts that are in line with my existing set, and all of that tech in a more compact players profile. Plus, I can’t help but imagine that they’re just confidence inducing once held in your hands and standing over a ball. 

- List your first name/city state (US Only entries): Mike in Charleston, SC

- What current irons you're playing: PING G425 irons

- Handicap: 14

- Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them: for this, absolutely, yes! 

Love the “phorged” thought.  And yes in a crazy year CCC4 was a fantastic crutch.

He wouldn’t have won though without my serious assistance in the partner challenge

image.gif.ca400b83a95b36ffd08f2705cf3a4181.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:
  • Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
    • The prior generation of Forged Tec irons were too large, fly too high, and don't have enough workability.  Those appear to be now the Forged Tec X irons.  The Forged Tec should be close to my current irons.  While they should be close to my current irons, I'm hoping to get just a bit more forgiveness that my current irons.  I would also hope to see the feel improved with the 5x forging and new foam technology. 
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries)
    • Mike/Noblesville, IN
  • What current irons you're playing
    • Taylormade P760
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
    • OF COURSE!!  WOULD BE HONORED!

image.png.6925a9c520c51c4044a5c8b727194a4d.png

It is my understanding that if you’re a previous CCC4 weekly swag bag competition winner, such as winning a sweat pair of Puma shoes (I think???), you’re ineligible for this competition and your entry will be withdrawn. 🤪

I kid! I kid! 

But, I do think a friendly 18 hole match ply competition should be arranged between the winner and @GolfSpy_BOS

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

• i chose the Forged Tec for a more controlled, lower launching ball flight than my current irons. Also they didn’t have specs for the X model in Lefty
  • Jason/Reedsburg, WI
  • Taylormade RSi 1 4-PW
  • Definitely!

A09CA4F5-A32F-4C3A-8DC9-D865FA5F274C.png

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise: Picked the Forged Tec X for some forgiveness in the set.  Being able to look down at a players type iron profile, but still have the confidence that I won't be punished harshly on mishits is very appealing
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries): Scott  -   Fort Wayne, IN
  • What current irons you're playing: MIzuno JPX 900 Hot Metal
  • Handicap: 9.6
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them: Absolutely!!

image.png.ac1533e15467ffe01b66e0cb0424c23e.png

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Good luck to everyone who enter this one!  These irons look like some rocket launchers for sure.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise:   I game the 2020 forged tecs and love the feel, distance, control. I hope to get even more forgiveness on mishits. 
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries):Taylor / Belle, Missouri 
  • What current irons you're playing: 2020 cobra forged tec 4-gw $-taper stiff
  • Handicap: 10
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them: Yes Of course!

DB52997E-9B0E-484B-B0C8-1B6DBE1570BD.jpeg

WITB

COBRA! - Just amazing support and opportunities to the MGS folks here throughout the years - thanks for this chance.

So I might be off here, but checking the site, it looked like I had to go to custom for chance at Left Handed configuration.  I could be doing something wrong and that wouldn't surprise me.

I chose the Forged Tec as I like the smaller off set as well as the thinner top line.  I don't need much help with distance, which the X would add just a hair more.

image.png.8354264bc7750dc3105569fde5cd2b8c.png

image.png.528cd938f05f4f66e5f45ca1bef07d1a.png

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

* Gotta go with the "X"!!

.. Used to have a set of Cobra King OS irons with Recoil shafts and I still regret trading them (even posted about it in a "Club 'Ho Regret" thread 😂). Shudda kept them...

.. Anyway, reading the description of the "X" these definitely seem well-suited for me .. I need the extra forgiveness / GI qualities and want help getting more distance. And better dispersion, too, if we can get all that cool stuff in one slick package 😉

.. Really like hollow body irons - first "real" set was TaylorMade R9s. Really like forged irons, too - tried to game the Apex CF16s - and while I could hit them ok enough finally admitted to myself it was more vanity and I needed to go more GI.

* Chuck on Long Island, NY

* PXG 0211 DC (MMT 60g/A)

* Unofficial 20 - don't maintain a handicap.

.. Average recreational bogey golfer constantly working on my swing through lessons and practice .. ball striking very sloooowly but steadily improving .. shoot anywhere in the 90s and been trending more lo 90s.

* Absolutely agree to discussing the irons!!

.. Have been an active forum member for several years - and a product tester/reviewer - and really enjoy talking about and learning about golf equipment! 👍

**NOTE: I selected two upcharge options for graphite shafts and my preferred grips - will very happily cover the upcharge amounts if chosen!!! Thx!

* NOTE 2: Length = No Change (not -1/4")

20220729_101439.jpg.ec105312ba8b2f4dd8d14544c4c5f6aa.jpg

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'd have loved to get my hands on the forged tec before I bought my T100s. I really liked the MIMs when I hit them. I don't know if I give them enough of a test right now to do it justice.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

First off thanks to Cobra for being awesome to the forum over the years from the full club tests to just drivers. Secondly I want to than Rob for being a great guy and helping get opportunities like this.

• Going to have to go with the Tec X because even though I like to think I can hit the ball better than I do I am still a higher handicap player and need to give myself a better chance to score better
  • Thomas but most call me Tom or Tommy and I’m from Orwigsburg, PA
  • Currently gaming Sub70 699 pro irons
  • Handicap-20 to 25 been shooting lower scores but my app I use hasn’t lowered it much due to not enough rounds to lower my hcp
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum?? Oh heck yea this place is my only source of social media and I’ve done multiple reviews for the forum where I do my best to post videos and pictures often to keep people interested in what I test or use. 

couldn’t fit that I’m right handed on this picture dang phone wasn’t let me fit it all in

ABEE4C13-ED04-4AAA-A174-BD2FC718A90B.png

5 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

It is my understanding that if you’re a previous CCC4 weekly swag bag competition winner, such as winning a sweat pair of Puma shoes (I think???), you’re ineligible for this competition and your entry will be withdrawn. 🤪

I kid! I kid! 

But, I do think a friendly 18 hole match ply competition should be arranged between the winner and @GolfSpy_BOS

Great memory!!  Those Puma shoes have been absolutely amazing!  I actually shot my best 9 holes ever in those shoes at +1.  I was sad it was a men's league and I couldn't complete the back 9.  

I'd be down for any type of competition!  I still use a lot of the previous challenges we've had as practice rounds.  A buddy and I did the can't reuse it until all the others are used challenge are a par 3 course not that long ago.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

1 minute ago, goaliewales14 said:

Great memory!!  Those Puma shoes have been absolutely amazing!  I actually shot my best 9 holes ever in those shoes at +1.  I was sad it was a men's league and I couldn't complete the back 9.  

I'd be down for any type of competition!  I still use a lot of the previous challenges we've had as practice rounds.  A buddy and I did the can't reuse it until all the others are used challenge are a par 3 course not that long ago.

That one was a blast. So difficult. Remember I had to hit a 3W out of a greenside bunker.

Irons only was a fun round too, should do that again

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

12 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Oh, I only remember cause I was mistakenly announced as the winner! 😂 Your answer was overlooked by the moderator! 🤣

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Kudos to Cobra and to MGS for the opportunity.  I'll miss reading some of the crazy competition from previous years, but glad to see Cobra still participate.  These irons are too good looking not to get some chatter on the forum.

IMG_0935.jpeg.a6192ef8a92c48cacc5fa3ae2bac8574.jpeg

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise - I jumped onto the one length bandwagon with the Cobra OL F8s, and currently play (fell in love with) the Cobra OL Forged TEC BLACK.  Its an awesome looking club.  For a while I IMG_0936.jpeg.3d40851b3ea71ffaac01b4a022729423.jpegwas afraid it was too much of a player's or low handicappers club for me, so went to the F9s.  But once I got my handicap under 10, and kept it there I bought a used set of FTB's and had them reshafted with some MMTs more appropriate for me.

I think some people believe you have to be a low handicap player to game these types of irons - and I don't really think that is the case.  It may long like it belongs in the hands of  a 2 or 3 handicapper (part of what makes them look so sexy) but they are just fine for a 9 or 10 as well.

What I am hoping to find is that Cobra has finally gotten some of the gapping issues addressed with their one length series.  Always a challenge.  I've tracked all my stats w Arccos for years and my 5 iron sits in the garage as its numbers were indistinguishable from the 6. Even the 6 and 7 are sometimes awfully close.  Arccos thinks my 9 and 8 are also too similar.  So I'm hopeful to see a more consistent gap between clubs and put the 5 iron back into play.  When I took the 5 iron out I replaced it with a Cobra one length hybrid, but that tends to draw/hook way too often - and I need an 180 club I'm confident will go fairly straight. 
  • List your first name/city state Christopher in Sioux City IA

• What current irons you're playing Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length irons with a couple Cobra MIM OL wedges

• Handicap 8.8 

• Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them. Absolutely.  Happy to share data from my Mevo+ practice to see what kind of gaps it shows, as well as what Arccos says happens on the course.  

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

1) Iron Choice: Forged Tec X for forgiveness. This year more than any other, irons have been a struggle.

2) Name/City: Blake/Akron, OH

3) Current Irons: Bridgestone Tour B JGR HF2

4) Handicap: ~12

5) More than willing to participate in discussions, write reviews, or whatever is required.

* For whatever reason, only one shaft option was available in X? I'd rather have the Modus3 Tour 120's.

image.png.e9ab9a5ca01bd2465cfcd7e55ae1f513.png

For whatever reason, only one shaft option was available in X? I'd rather have the Modus3 Tour 120's.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

... What an awesome contest from MGS! The winner is going to be a very happy golfer.  🤗

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Peter

Las Vegas, NV

Current irons: Stealth Irons, 4-G Fujikura Ventus Blue Stiff, 1° Flat

Low 20 handicap

I consent to participate thoroughly in chats before, during, and after receiving the irons  

For fear of doing this wrong, I’m actually going to probably do this wrong and submit 2 options. 😬

B57DB671-06F9-4D9E-83DE-C509501AC84C.png.892f4135859fd38a45f0d86202dd7f40.png

My first choice would be the Forged Tec One Length set in steel, stiff, 5-G. As far as why I chose those options, its because that is all they had to choose from when picking. I have become a big fan of graphite shafts but that isn’t available as it is an upgraded option.

I have always wanted to try a set of one length irons for the possibility of how consistent they could be. Like most, my longer irons are a little less consistent for me but I would love to feel more confident and hit them more often. I have heard great things about Cobra’s new irons and I’d love to put them through the paces.

D62DEE3B-517B-4EAA-B15C-79B9E1BF99FC.png.9620d918661657f2efdd0aef6f687462.png

If the One Length irons aren’t an available option, the Forged Tec X would be what I would choose. To be honest, if they had the FTX in One Length, that would be primo. I was bummed initially when they were announced but they didn’t plan on making them in a One Length version.

As my game is coming together and my handicap is coming down, the FTX is actually a better option for me as they are going to be more forgiving, which is what I need. I absolutely LOVE my Stealth irons and I’d love to see how these compare. Cobra has come a long way over the years but it's not that often you see people on the course playing them.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

8C7630DA-696F-433B-AC05-9475921EB6DF.jpeg.c2914b4d6d54042ce70d4041e88ddf07.jpeg

• I chose the Forged TEC Copper. Why? Well, just look at them! Gad Zooks!!!…. I would hope they are similar to my TM p770’s, and softer due to the copper. I also chose the graphite, because my wrists and elbows cannot take steel anymore. I’ll pay the extra hunski if it’s a problem. I would hope that they are extremely accurate and consistent in distance, in addition to being as sexy as a club can get. 
  • Doug / Camarillo, CA
  • Taylor made p770’s/p790 combo
  • Of course. And I will include photos and video, until y’all have had your fill…

MyGolfSpy is once again demonstrating why it’s the best golfing site on the interweb. Thank you for giving someone the chance of a lifetime!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

5 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I chose the Forged TEC Copper. Why?

... Yea, why? 😉  Those are the previous model and not a part of this contest. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• I would probably choose the Tec X for the forgiveness and get the custom set 5-GW. Not sure if I would go to graphite or stick with steel. Add 1/2-1” for the extra distance it would bring but would definitely go through a full fitting
  • Howard Kennesaw, Ga
  • Nike VRs Forged
  • Will be glad to share my thoughts on these clubs when they arrive. Looking forward to it.

Callaway Mavrick Driver, Callaway Rouge Max 3,5 wood, Cobra 3-4 hybrid, Nike Vrs Forged irons 5-A, Cleveland Zipcore 56,60, Odyssey Marksman

• I went with the King Forged Tech Irons for a couple reasons.
    • I would like to have an iron that has some better feel than typical game improvement irons, as all I have played up till now have been the fairly clunky and chunky.
    • upon looking I could not do a custom set of the X Forged Tech irons as a left hander.
  • John in Fenton, MI.
  • Current Irons are the Callaway Rogue ST Max irons with 1/2 long shafts (hence that in my screenshot)
  • Currently a 20 handicap, but it has been dropping as my rounds this season are significantly better than last season.
  • yes, I would participate in and discussions on the forums about the irons and my experience if I was to receive them.

Thanks and good luck to all the applicants!

image.jpeg.80008540977f96c6cef20ab54d845986.jpeg

John H.

My Bag:

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme

3W: Cobra Speedzone

3h: Callaway Apex21

4-pw irons: Taylormade Rocketbladez

Wedge (s): 50 degree Taylormade MG3, 54 degree Taylormade MG2

Putter: Odyssey Chrismon 660

4 hours ago, juspoole said:

COBRA! - Just amazing support and opportunities to the MGS folks here throughout the years - thanks for this chance.

So I might be off here, but checking the site, it looked like I had to go to custom for chance at Left Handed configuration.  I could be doing something wrong and that wouldn't surprise me.

I chose the Forged Tec as I like the smaller off set as well as the thinner top line.  I don't need much help with distance, which the X would add just a hair more.

image.png.8354264bc7750dc3105569fde5cd2b8c.png

image.png.528cd938f05f4f66e5f45ca1bef07d1a.png

Yes, I noticed that too when I was looking at the link beofre posting. 

But not to worry the winner will be able submit their specs and we will submit to Cobra for them to build directly.  We just thought it'd be fun for everyone to select and show wha they would choose and why.   And of course the winner won't be held to the specs they posted.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I chose the Tec X since I am a 15 handicap. Left hand was not available in the custom options; I would have gone graphite if I could

Dave/Chicago Area IL

Currently play Wilson D7. 1/2" over 1 deg. upright 

15 Hdcp.

I would agree to discuss how these work for my game.

image.png.470b930a0f38b80c0298f3072185c770.png

As a lefty Cobra has made this a really easy decision. I would have to go with the King Forged Tec X Irons in a regular steel shaft. This is the only lefty option. That being said, hypothetically if all the ranges were open to lefties I would go with the KING Forged Tec ONE Length Irons for several reasons.

1. My current set of irons are the MP-20 SEL. The lofts of the King Forge Tec irons are close to the MP-20 SEL lofts so there would be less of an adjustment that needs to be made along with the ability to get a ball to sit close to where it lands since they are not loft jacked. 

2. You can go up to a 4. I love my irons and if I could I would go all the way to a 2 iron.

3.I feel like the 1025 carbon steel and hollow body design is filled with a lightweight foam give the Cobra Forged Irons the best chance of feeling butter soft on center hit shots along with some feedback and forgives on miss hits. Everyone knows Mizuno irons are at the top for feel when it comes to irons but with this new design I feel like Cobra has caught up and will be able to run with Mizuno for best feeling irons.

4. I would go specifically with the ONE length irons for a few additional reasons. The swing weights are close to what I am currently playing again making an easy transition. The second is 100% personal in the fact that I have been following and copying Bryson to some degree with my clubs. I converted a putter into an arm lock. Shaved some strokes off my game. I got Bryson to respond on you tube to figure out his glove size and recommended jumbo max grip size i should go with. After having those on I have seen an improvement with consistency resulting in again lower scores. I have been on the fence for the longest time about one length and could just not justify paying for a full set of irons just to try them but at this point it is the only thing I haven't tried in Bryson's style and everything else has worked so far, so why not. The one length would also allow me to go to a KBS $ Taper Chrome X-Stiff shaft.

Cobra and Bryson....some of use lefties can play with more then game improvement irons, throw us some love!

King Forged Tec X Irons.jpg

Currently what is in the bag:

Driver: Switch between a Callaway XR16 5 degree long drive driver, Titleist TS2 driver, or TaylorMade Mini Burner

Upper end of the back I switch out between:

Titleist U510 1 iron, Mizuno MP20HMB 3 iron bend down to 2 iron loft, Titleist TS2 3 and 5 wood, Callaway Epic 3 and 4 hybrid

Iron are Mizuno MP-20 SEL 3-PW 

Wedges are Vokey SM8's 46, 50, 54, 58, 62

Putter(s): switch between Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Special or a Odyssey Tank 7 putter that I converted to an armlock putter.

All grips are Jumbo Max XL

Ball switched between ProV1 x, ProV1 left dash, and TP5 X

Lets give it a try here.

I am in between the King Forget Tec One Lenght irons

image.png.07ba06bc341e20ab378305dd3299ffe7.png

And The Forget tec Irons.

image.png.0b05b5e38a39747f93256c5f988fc5f3.png

I have always played the regular irons and have really been interested on the OL irons, due to the possibility of simplifying my set up and swing.

I do think that Cobra has come a long ways and I would be very excited to see how their Irons play for my game.

I live in Southgate, Michigan.

I am currently playing the PXG 0211 DC

I am playing at a 18 handicap.

Heck yeah, I will participate in those discussions about the irons.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

3 minutes ago, mscall said:

As a lefty Cobra has made this a really easy decision. I would have to go with the King Forged Tec X Irons in a regular steel shaft. This is the only lefty option. That being said, hypothetically if all the ranges were open to lefties I would go with the KING Forged Tec ONE Length Irons for several reasons.

1. My current set of irons are the MP-20 SEL. The lofts of the King Forge Tec irons are close to the MP-20 SEL lofts so there would be less of an adjustment that needs to be made along with the ability to get a ball to sit close to where it lands since they are not loft jacked. 

2. You can go up to a 4. I love my irons and if I could I would go all the way to a 2 iron.

3.I feel like the 1025 carbon steel and hollow body design is filled with a lightweight foam give the Cobra Forged Irons the best chance of feeling butter soft on center hit shots along with some feedback and forgives on miss hits. Everyone knows Mizuno irons are at the top for feel when it comes to irons but with this new design I feel like Cobra has caught up and will be able to run with Mizuno for best feeling irons.

4. I would go specifically with the ONE length irons for a few additional reasons. The swing weights are close to what I am currently playing again making an easy transition. The second is 100% personal in the fact that I have been following and copying Bryson to some degree with my clubs. I converted a putter into an arm lock. Shaved some strokes off my game. I got Bryson to respond on you tube to figure out his glove size and recommended jumbo max grip size i should go with. After having those on I have seen an improvement with consistency resulting in again lower scores. I have been on the fence for the longest time about one length and could just not justify paying for a full set of irons just to try them but at this point it is the only thing I haven't tried in Bryson's style and everything else has worked so far, so why not. The one length would also allow me to go to a KBS $ Taper Chrome X-Stiff shaft.

Cobra and Bryson....some of use lefties can play with more then game improvement irons, throw us some love!

King Forged Tec X Irons.jpg

See my reply to Juspoole about 3 or 4 replies above, about the LH custom selection.  If a LH wins, they will just be sumbmitting their specs directly to us and we will forward to Cobra for the build.  So in short, yes a LH will be able to have the FT-X 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12