TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest & Member Review

Golfspy_CG2
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Thanks for this opportunity. 

Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise

I chose this for forgiveness and length and hopefully they go high enough to stick on the green from 165 out. 

List your first name/city state (US Only entries)

Charles, Skokie Illinois

What current irons you're playing

Playing Srixon ZX5 Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts

Handicap

Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.

I absolutely would agree. 

KING Forged Tec X Irons Custom

Qty1
$1,199.00
View Details
Hand Right
Set Comp 5-GW
Shaft Flex Option Steel Regular Shaft KBS Tour Lite - Steel Regular
Shaft Length +1/2" LONG
Grip Type Standard Grips (Cobra Connect Not Included)
Grip Lamkin - Sonar - Black
Grip Options STANDARD
Loft Angle STANDARD
Lie Angle 1° UP
Edited by ckeller52
-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER       cobra WideSport 35" 
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

image.png.5b3607aef75d57af94d05cf6a84f6a52.png

* Looking for higher ball flight and more forgiveness

* Gary in Oakdale, Minnesota

* Currently playing TM Burner HT

* HDCP 16.2

* Love to discuss all things golf, especially equipment.

Driver: Cobra BioCell

3W: Cobra BioCell

4/5 Hybrid: Cobra Fly Z

Irons: Taylor Made Burner HT, 4-AW

Gap Wedge: Cleveland CG14, 56 deg.

SW: Hogan Edge GCD

Putter: Yes C-Groove Tracy, 35" or Yes C-Groove Sandy 12, 35"

Ball: Maxfli Tour

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise
    • I'm 59. A 6 handicap . I've been playing Cobra S3 Pro Blades for about 15 years. I've tried other irons, but keep coming back to my blades. I don't have the swing speed to really make the S3 Pro's go, I just really like how they feel. I've had 2 hole in ones and played Pinehurst #2 with them. When I first got them, I bent them 2 degrees up, 2 degrees strong. I changes the shafts in the 6, 5 and 4 to regular flex from stiff. The Forged Tec X look to have stronger lofts and should be pretty close to my S3's. Any forgiveness will be a bonus. I'm looking for a set of irons to take me into my 60's and maybe a round in the 60's.
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries)
    • Mike, Wichita, KS
  • What current irons you're playing
    • Cobra S3 pro blades, stiff p, 9, 8, 7, reg 6, 5, cavity back 4 iron, reg flex, all 2 degree up, 2 degree strong. CP2 grips
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
    • I've got plenty of time to test and type........Retired

CobraCapture.JPG

20220729_145727.jpg

I have played cobra irions in the past and loved them.  I am very interested in the King Forged Tec X irons to give me a little more forgiveness as I get older.  I am currently playing Ping G700 irons, but need something that gives me more elevation and bite.  I am currently testing a King Forged Tec X 6 iron with a KBS graphite shaft.

Rick/Tucson, AZ/handicap 6 and I would be happy to participate in the forum to discuss my experience.

image.png.4671d474220a1f21e6897f922dd4cdbc.png

:callaway-small:

:srixon-small:

52 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Yea, why? 😉  Those are the previous model and not a part of this contest. 

Well, I wasn’t sure, so I figured I’d take the chance…🤣

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

That one was a blast. So difficult. Remember I had to hit a 3W out of a greenside bunker.

Irons only was a fun round too, should do that again

I had driver out of fescue when we were doing as part of the challenges!  Somehow got it out and almost onto the green.  Did you go backwards with your 3W, or just power it right up that face Holey Moley style? 🤣

3 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Oh, I only remember cause I was mistakenly announced as the winner! 😂 Your answer was overlooked by the moderator! 🤣

OMG you're right!!  I'm sooo sorry!!  It's been forever scared into your memory

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

8 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Well, I wasn’t sure, so I figured I’d take the chance…🤣

... I just didn't want to see you miss out. 😇

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

• I picked the Forged Tec X because of the forgiveness factor of it. I also feel it will give me more yards vs my current gamers.
  • Lee/ Ft Myers, FL
  • Currently playing Mizuno JPX920HM
  • Approx 10-12 (typically shoot 80-85)
  • Very much open to providing as much feedback and details needed so that others can decide if these irons are right for them as well.

Cobra.jpg

Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise

I chose the X for its additional forgiveness.  I expect to gain a little distance and hope to improve both consistency and accuracy.

List your first name/city state (US Only entries)

Rod / Kalamazoo, MI

What current irons you're playing

PXG 0211 DC

Handicap

I don't maintain a handicap.  Typical round is in the 88 - 93 range.

Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.

I will.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 5.37.34 PM.png

Edited by Hacker Rod
Changed configuration

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow XS

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver/2W 12.5*, Elements Chrome XS

Callaway Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI XS

Maltby KE4 Tour TC Hybrid 20*, KBS Tour Steel XS

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-SW, Project X LZ Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM7 60*/D

Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

I am currently playing some Custom irons from Maltby. They are a decent club really. I like them, but Would like to see what these Cobra's feel like. (I am LOVING my Armlock 3d Printed Grandsport/ Maybe with the irons and the putter I could become a Cobra Guy..  My only other experience with Cobra Irons was the F8 Single Length and the single length experiment just wasn't for me.  

Capture.JPG

WITB; TM BRNR 13.5 driver, Cobra LTDX Max 3 and 5 woods, Snake Eyes 4 and 5 hybrids, Maltby STI2 irons, Callaway Jaws High toe 54, Cobra Agera Armlock Putter. Oncore Vero X1 balls in matte green. 

PRODUCT CONFIGURATION Forged Tec X Stock Set Forged 

Right Hand 

steel

regular

I chose these irons because I still need a little more forgiveness and at my age need a little more distance.

Tom / Quincy, MA

Currently playing Cleveland Tour Launchers

Hdcp: 15

I agree to participate in discussions on the forum. 

1. I chose the Forged Tec X because I still need a little bit of forgiveness that the X would provide 

2. Matt -Grand Rapids, MI

3. TaylorMade Aero Burner 

4. 11.5 

5. Yes! Can’t wait to chat about them. F8B43699-0C07-4A11-B78B-FF8E08F1F6BC.jpeg.3a590594f87f50604caa58be403105a7.jpeg

Cobra f6 driver 

Mizuno gt 180 3 wood 

Cobra Amp 3 hybrid 

Cobra Bio Cell 4 hybrid 

Taylor Made Aero Burner 5-A 

Sub 70- 54 and 58 degree wedges 

Ping Sigma G Darby putter

• I have been playing One Length irons from Cobra for 2 seasons now. It has improved my ball striking massively and I believe the newer technology would not only perform better, but also look immensely better. I hope the new technology will be more consistent in gapping and incorporate learnings from the generations between my current set and the new Forged Tec irons.
  • Ryan/Des Moines, Iowa
  • Cobra F8 OL (4-GW)
  • Yes, I agree to participate in conversations and review the irons fairly! 

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 3.48.45 PM.png

1. I chose the "x" because thr forgiveness factor is crucially important to help my game stay as consistent as possible. Hitting the center of the club face is often a challenge for me and the ability to get the most out of those less then pure shots is something we all can benefit from in our golf game.

2. Thomas, Frederick, MD

3. Mizuno MP-20 HMB

4. Handicap-10.4

5. Would love to give feedback so others can make more informed iron decisions.

Screenshot_20220729-164911_Chrome.jpg.a7f7e0fa3f638364a4d8ea51dd655aef.jpg

I chose the Forged Tec X because I believe the additional tungsten weight will be beneficial for whatI am looking for,better consistency and forgiveness. 

Joel, Phoenix, AZ

Ben Hogan PTXpro 4-PW

Yes I agree to participate in discussions on the forums about my experience. 
1C80B4D8-DA7A-49F8-8FC8-CD0F8DA454AD.png.9f7c2068b16017a5296bf49344d37e1a.png

Keep swinging - JC

Driver: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0811 XF (9°)

Wood(s): th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0341 XF (7w)

Irons:  :Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW

Wedges:   :Hogan: Equalizer II (56°, 60°)

Putter:  :ping-small: Zing Bronze

Ball:  image.png.5e3f3d4f8b31082a6504dff683a91313.png Tour X

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise:   The TEC X set offers more offset and it would seem to offer more forgiveness on off center hits.
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries):Van /Corona, California
  • What current irons you're playing: JPX Hot Metal 920 7-GW (really need a 6i)
  • Handicap: 15
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them: Yes Of course!

image.png.56b9f39eb9d023546f274c586d55935e.png

WD

• Explain why you chose the model you did and what you'd hope to get out of them performance wise:
    • I've been working on my ball striking and looking for an iron set that can push me over the edge there
  • List your first name/city state (US Only entries)
    • Tyler, Lakeville, MN
  • What current irons you're playing
    • Taylormade Stealth
  • Handicap
  • Will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.
    • Absolutely

image.png.731df9609138df3e14374fef51f096cf.png

Tmerick
Minnesota Casual Golfer
Taylormade lover, not an expert

I think the X is perfect for a mid handicapper like me who could use some help on distance but isn’t looking for a blade type club
Mike -Sheridan Wyoming

Nike Vapor Fly irons

9.2 handicap

i will absolutely discuss how these irons work.

7FEB8C19-5D3B-4B56-B784-4318D230408F.png

Mike W

48 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I had driver out of fescue when we were doing as part of the challenges!  Somehow got it out and almost onto the green.  Did you go backwards with your 3W, or just power it right up that face Holey Moley style? 🤣

OMG you're right!!  I'm sooo sorry!!  It's been forever scared into your memory

Luckily it wasn’t an intense lip and a little poke check swing got her right out. I don’t want to try again though!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Here's what I've got. These are sharp.

• I chose this model because my game is improving and I'd like to be able to control ball flight and shot shape. I Went with 5-GW because the lofts are a little stronger than I'm used too. I chose the KBS Lite to keep ball flight a little higher; I can take height off my shots but have a little trouble hitting it higher. But what I need most is some updated tech and more forgiveness for when I miss the sweet spot.
  • Currently playing the original Cobra Norman Oversize irons - not kidding. They're older than I am!
  • Nick from Wheaton, IL.
  • Handicap ~12. Hoping a new set will get me to single digits . . . if my tee shots allow it.
  • I agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about my experience with the irons after receiving them.

image.png.ce7897a3967b760fa73e741e2aafd25e.png

Edited by NJS22

Driver: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 8*

Fairways: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Steelhead - 3, 5, 7

Irons: :cobra-small: Greg Norman Oversize 4-PW (I have the 2 and 3i for the set, just not brave enough to use it).

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Tour Action 900 - 52*, 60*

Putter: :ping-small: Anser Pixel

Ball: MaxFli Tour XCG

• I chose these irons because of the game improvement feature. Love the thin top line and have always played forged irons bc of the fell. Trying to hold on to a single hdcp as I move into my late 60s. 
  • Ken Southlake TX 
  • currently playing Callaway Apex 19 5-GW
  • Yes I will you agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.

9B0A32F0-060B-45CC-A18D-7F5EC2AC664F.png

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

Forged TEC look great and reportedly have tremendous feel and nice forgiveness. I hope this will help me toward improving iron play to bring the 'cap down. Really been looking for a modern player cavity lately to get some better looks and feel and trajectory control.

Stu from Helena, MT

Currently playing Ping G irons

8.2 index

Would love to give the irons a good go and chat on the forum about them!

Screenshot_20220729-150551.png.ea249e3d4155bc153d3370725b78551d.png

• I chose the KING Forged Tec X Irons.  I've been a long time player of Cobra golf clubs and have always been impressed by the leaps made in each new model and the fit and finish.  I'm never embarrassed to show off my Cobra clubs to my friends as they perform as good or better than any other named clubs.  There's also the pro-like look that really catches the eye.
  • Jeff from Franklin, TN
  • Cobra King F6 Irons
  • I will agree to patriciate in discussions on the forum about my experience with the irons after receiving them.image.png.12ce4f9b1dd888aca0c7567fcde13992.png
Edited by JNewtron

Love to play, play to win!

• I currently play Cobra RadSpeed OL and while I love them, I really miss playing a blade. Several times a round, while I set the club behind the ball, I think wow, the head looks chunky … it has a thick top line. I don’t want my first thought when setting up to be about the club head. I love the look and feel and sound of a forged blade. An added benefit of the new Forged Tec irons is that they are more forgiving than a stock blade. I didn’t just change to RadSpeed OL for the length, I also went with it because of the forgiving design. But if I could get back to blades with some added forgiveness, I’d be thrilled. I’ve only been playing the RadSpeed OL irons for 6 months (I bought them used) and my handicap has already gone from 22 to 16. I’m hoping these blades could get me back to <10.
  • Brady Peery, Marietta, Ohio
  • Cobra RadSpeed OL
  • I post here and have been a reviewer, so I have no problem writing about or answering questions for these clubs.

2C9BFF32-9D44-437A-935E-CD263F641ABF.png

:titelist-small: TSi3 #1-3-5 all with Tensi Blue S-flex

:callaway-small: 2019 Apex Pro black 3 & 4H Catalyst 70 or    

:titelist-small: TSi3 #2-3 depending on how I’m playing. Tensi Blue

:callaway-small: 2019 Calloway Apex Pro black, 5-PW, Catalyst 100 - 6.0, Super Stroker Jumbo   

:cobra-small:  2020 RadSpeed OL 4H, 5-GW … won’t get to actually use till warmer weather

:callaway-small: 2019 PM-grind, 56° & 60°, KBS steel, Green Cap

:taylormade-small: Blue Spider EX

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

cobra forged tec x custom

KBS PGI 65 Graphite light shaft, 

-1” short

Grip and loft standard

Lie  angle 2 degree flat.

1. I chose this because I am a high handicap, short woman.  I need the forgiveness and the shorter length and 2 degree flat angle.  At most stores, this would need to be special ordered for me to even try out. I want to lower my handicap and even let some of the women I play with who are also beginners and vertically challenged!

2.  Sasha from Wellesley, MA

3.  I currently play Karsten I Ping, orange dot

4. Handicap 28

5. Definitely!  I would love to give the perspective of a beginner, short, woman’s perspective. 

Here to learn the game and join others who enjoy ruining a good walk.

1.  I chose this model because I feel they will be more 'forgiving', which is what I need.  I do hope to lower my handicap with these irons

2. James/Windsor, CT

3.  I am currently playing Taylor Made rac CGB irons

4. My current handicap 12.4

5. I agree to participate in discussions on the forum about your experience with the irons after receiving them.

773865249_Screenshot2022-07-295_30_25PM.png.cee63c8ed1db69a51ca23852f9f87fe9.png

• I'm choosing the Forged Tec's due to the lesser offset which will allow me to shape it any way I want! The second reason is the D2 Swingweight....this helped me feel the clubhead and shallow it out exactly the way I need to with the flatter swing and side bend I use to strike the ball(that means ball dont curve!)
  • Armando/ORLANDO/FL
  • I'm currently using the Forged TEC 2020s....so I already fell in love with this brand when I purchased the set from my winnings from leagues at Disney.
  • 0.4 right now due to lack of short game practice but I've been as low as a +4.
  • I would love to participate in the discussions. As I am a huge fan of the COBRA driver as well. My RADSpeed has been the best low spinning driver I've owned and I've tried all the big boys.....and its never cracked on me!

For examples of my swings I have a social media channel with over 4k followers already and growing.

Current 7 iron with my forged tecs is Approx 190 yards.

forgedtec.JPG

• Cobra RadSpeed,Set 8.5
  • Callway BB 4W 15*
  • Cobra  Forged Tec 18*
  • Cobra Forged Tec 2020 4-GW , 4*Flat, Standard
  • 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  SW: RTX 54*
  • 635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  LW: Full Face RTX 58*
  • Scotty Cameron Putter: NP2