Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest & Member Review

Golfspy_CG2
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Thanks everyone. Will be updating this thread as we figure out what I am getting and dates. Going to treat this like a review and will be updating as I go!

I joined MGS a few years ago in 2018 and didn’t become very active until 2019 Christmas time right before COVID. Never would have thought a few years later I would be getting chances like this to keep fueling my golf addiction. I always wondered how @Shankstergot selected for the king iron tests by himself but here we are!

I am no gear expert but I know a lot more than I used to thanks to this very site. Aside from an occasional YouTube video all my golf information comes from this site so thank you. I am beyond ecstatic because I think these are going to drastically help with some of my woes in approach play. After swing adjustments doing a quick mizuno shaft optimizer I came to find out things have very much changed in my swing. Here’s to hoping I can get what came out of that fitting!

i am sure it will be a few weeks but does anyone have any initial questions or thoughts they want to get out there for me to ponder?

again wanted to thank all involved to make this happen I know it’s been an odd year and to be selected for this is wild and beyond anything I could have expected

I would like to hear about the irons you're playing currently and the differences ( if any) in lofts between the set. Also, do you have an idea yet of what shaft you'll be going with? 

Looking forward to hearing about this experience. 

1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I would like to hear about the irons you're playing currently and the differences ( if any) in lofts between the set. Also, do you have an idea yet of what shaft you'll be going with? 

Looking forward to hearing about this experience. 

So loft wise between these and the Taylormade P790's I am currently gaming are:

-4 Irons are the same 

-5/6 are 1/2* degree stronger in the Cobras

-7-PW are a full degree stronger in the Cobras

Nothing major so do not see to much of an issue here adjusting to yardages.

One thing I will be looking at, similar to my putter test last year is really all feel and a little more consistency. I feel like currently a well struck ball...doesn't feel like it. These irons are extremely similar with the foam pocket and the tungsten weight for increase CG and forgiveness. Seems silly because how similar they are but it sometimes feels like a mental thing but it feels like I get 0 consistency with them currently. Could be that I am going a degree flat with the Cobras and maybe that suits me better, time will tell.

I am hoping to get the True Temper DG120 X100's. Did the shaft optimizer with Mizuno a few months back, that is also where I got the 1* flat from (fitted to be 2* flat with the mizunos but the cobras are 1* degree stronger here as well)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Hey @Lacassem happy wicked good bday my Mass friend.  As I sit in my hotel room in Brookline, I am toasting you with Boston’s finest.

4CFF240E-026E-4CDA-8F9C-71B7F2DABEBB.jpeg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Congrats @Lacassem

This is an awesome prize.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Congrats dude!  This is an amazing thing to wake up to 😉

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Congratulations @Lacassem, Play well.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Congrats @Lacassem!

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Wait…it was @Lacassem?!

Right on!!!  Talk about a great guy, good on you man.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Congrats Mark! Enjoy the sticks, and put the beatdown on Bryan for all of us!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

7 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Congrats Mark! Enjoy the sticks, and put the beatdown on Bryan for all of us!

Just adding fuel to the fire.  He doesn't stand a chance! 🔥🔥🔥

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

50 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Wait…it was @Lacassem?!

Right on!!!  Talk about a great guy, good on you man.

We’ll I hope it wasn’t a sick birthday joke that’s for sure!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

On 8/9/2022 at 12:34 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Congratulations to @Lacassem  as the winner of the Forged Tec Irons!

Missed this announcement and wondered what Jason @sirchunksalot was referring to in your Happy B-day post... now I see.  I'm running calculations on the probability of this happening on your birthday - machine is still humming, getting hot, and starting to smoke a little 😆.  Congratulations!  👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Missed this announcement and wondered what Jason @sirchunksalot was referring to in your Happy B-day post... now I see.  I'm running calculations on the probability of this happening on your birthday - machine is still humming, getting hot, and starting to smoke a little 😆.  Congratulations!  👍

For a minute when Mark mentioned it was a birthday surprise I didn't know it was actually his birthday. Had to go over there and wish him one after actually checking the bottom of the main page where the birthday announcements were.

I can imagine your machine is still working overtime figuring out the odds, but I was happy to see him win. 

A massive congrats @Lacassem, get out there and enjoy them mate!! 😁👍

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

@Lacassem congratulations on the sweet win! 🙌🏼

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

So cool Lacassem!!!

I hear they’re almost as nice as my p770’s 🤣

you’ll enjoy them, I’m positive,

cheers!!!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Congrats.

Not sure how your current set transitions into your wedges - so would like to hear along the way about the top of the bag, P, Gap transition to your sand and/or lob.  These clearly look very blade like, and are they playable like picking up a wedge in those lofts.  Just what your experience is there...  Again, congrats

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

31 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Congrats.

Not sure how your current set transitions into your wedges - so would like to hear along the way about the top of the bag, P, Gap transition to your sand and/or lob.  These clearly look very blade like, and are they playable like picking up a wedge in those lofts.  Just what your experience is there...  Again, congrats

So my current PW is 45* this will be a 44* PW but I play 48/52/60 in my wedges so no transition there really. Top end the 4 iron will be very close to my 4H (cobra speedzone). I will most likely see what is working better for me and drop it for a 2H to cover a big gap I have from my 3W. It will be difficult for an iron to knock off my speedzone 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

It was a mercy award since it was his birthday 😂😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

It was a mercy award since it was his birthday 😂😂😂😂

I suspect you're right... but not only because it was his B-day.  He took one for the team during Bryan's CCC4 campaign.  Pretty sure the practice green ball shag, and after round club cleaning duties have expired though 😊.

Who else wants to see a @GolfSpy_BOSvs. @Lacassem, 18 hole, nothing but Cobra irons duel?

Best Bad Duel GIFs | Gfycat

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Congrats this is a great win @Lacassem

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

I suspect you're right... but not only because it was his B-day.  He took one for the team during Bryan's CCC4 campaign.  Pretty sure the practice green ball shag, and after round club cleaning duties have expired though 😊.

Who else wants to see a @GolfSpy_BOSvs. @Lacassem, 18 hole, nothing but Cobra irons duel?

Hey my birthday is next Wednesday I will take a mercy gift😊

:honma: Driver, 3W & 5H

:taylormade-small: P790 4-PW S-Taper S

:benhogan-small: 50, 54, 58

:odyssey-small: 7S

25 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It’s on. Took him down a few times already this year

image.gif.6bc601be77c70fcbe765a602f1ce9b42.gif

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Congrats Buddy!!!!!!!!

See the source image

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

32 minutes ago, Ufmvp said:

Cobra Forged Tec X Right Handed 5-GW. More forgiveness and more length please, I think that covers it lol. 

Michael

Boca Raton, FL

Current Gamers Titleist T300s

Handicap: 6.8

I will absolutely share my experience with these irons!!!

Is there an official name for these posts?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 minute ago, Sluggo42 said:

Is there an official name for these posts?

MGS Odyssey 2018

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Congrats @Lacassem!  Looking forward to hearing about how these clubs perform for you. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

On 8/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Congratulations to @Lacassem  as the winner of the Forged Tec Irons!    

You will receive a PM from me shortly

We look forward to offering more of these contests in the future

Lucky duck

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png