TESTERS WANTED! ×

Official Cobra Forged Tec Contest & Member Review

Golfspy_CG2
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

On 10/30/2022 at 7:57 PM, Lacassem said:

Can’t wait to hear more!

Thx, buuuut... Am sending it back...

Perhaps ironically I do really like this club - looks, feel, distance - but after several range sessions and a few 9 hole rounds, just not feeling like it's better enough vs what I'm playing now to justify the switch.

Planning on doing an iron fitting in the near future so we'll see what that may turn up ... and certainly may revisit the Cobras.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Thx, buuuut... Am sending it back...

Perhaps ironically I do really like this club - looks, feel, distance - but after several range sessions and a few 9 hole rounds, just not feeling like it's better enough vs what I'm playing now to justify the switch.

Planning on doing an iron fitting in the near future so we'll see what that may turn up ... and certainly may revisit the Cobras.

Yea I think if this was the case for me I wouldn’t make the switch. Fortunately there are drastic differences for me across the board. I had more well struck shots the other day than i ever had with the 790s.

Had a hit on eBay for them yesterday, they must know the are 120% out of the bag now lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Thrilled to hear you had a great session with the FTs.  Those rounds where your swing was struggling - I'm PAINFULLY aware of that feeling (Friday's round legit almost made me cry. It's the most frustrated I've been in a year), and I think the temptation can be to blame the tool, but happy to see (like me, post-round) you recognized it was technique and not club.  This game is maddening, lol...abusive relationship.  I just can't quit you, golf...

I've got a fitting coming up and am very curious to see if I can throw these in the mix - hoping a meetup with my coach will straighten some stuff out (like, say, my shots?) before the fitting so I'm getting actual useful information instead of banging my head against the wall between each shot 🙂

Curious what you're seeing as the main differences - enough to already list the 790s - is it just everything combined? You've mentioned the feel several times - how's the dispersion/distance differences been?  I would assume, as they're lofted similarly, that distance wouldn't be crazy different (and that may not even be what you're looking for).  

Also, how are you getting along with the shafts? I know those weren't your original selection - curious to see if you've noticed anything one way or another?

Thanks! Been fun to read along, even with the November/December weather in full effect in NE!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

2 hours ago, Samsonite said:

Thrilled to hear you had a great session with the FTs.  Those rounds where your swing was struggling - I'm PAINFULLY aware of that feeling (Friday's round legit almost made me cry. It's the most frustrated I've been in a year), and I think the temptation can be to blame the tool, but happy to see (like me, post-round) you recognized it was technique and not club.  This game is maddening, lol...abusive relationship.  I just can't quit you, golf...

I've got a fitting coming up and am very curious to see if I can throw these in the mix - hoping a meetup with my coach will straighten some stuff out (like, say, my shots?) before the fitting so I'm getting actual useful information instead of banging my head against the wall between each shot 🙂

Curious what you're seeing as the main differences - enough to already list the 790s - is it just everything combined? You've mentioned the feel several times - how's the dispersion/distance differences been?  I would assume, as they're lofted similarly, that distance wouldn't be crazy different (and that may not even be what you're looking for).  

Also, how are you getting along with the shafts? I know those weren't your original selection - curious to see if you've noticed anything one way or another?

Thanks! Been fun to read along, even with the November/December weather in full effect in NE!

The club compared tk the 790s is extremely similar so transition was easy. For me number 1 when I know I striked the ball well I am getting great feedback. The 790s felt like I never did. I’ve foot sprayed them and even when what I thought should have felt like a great shot didn’t…..if that makes sense?

I have in the little time with these when I stripe it it feels like I did and that’s what I was looking for. Loft and all that is the same for the most part. Distances very similar.

For me the shafts feel better (the whole setup honestly feels lighter but I belive the shafts are actually a few grams heavier, have not looked at head weight but guessing it’s pretty close?) are they the ideal fit? Not sure, but over the next few sim sessions I plan to look at numbers now that I have worked out my woes. The worst they have ever been, glad it’s behind me lol….this time anyway

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

• 5 weeks later...

Really looking forward to the upcoming year and looking to get some really good metric data on live courses.

We have had an unusual warm weather period this winter where I have been able to swing outside and actually get a round in. I would like to get to simulator and get data on my numbers (plan to do this in the next few weeks) but will have nothing to compare to since I sold my P790s because I was very confident with these Cobras.

Until then, I looked at my round last week and looked at my approach shots. Below is my approach to the green with the previous gamers P790's. Underneath is the Cobras. Nothing crazy yet. What I will say is playing in January and wet made some of this data somewhat skewed and dont believe I would have had as many shorts with the 1 round of the cobras on a normal day. 

Time will tell long term but I like that in January of all months the data somewhat aligns and am looking forward to transitioning that short percentage downwards. 

Previous rounds:

1034101381_ApproachforroundswithP790s.PNG.82f62f29d10d68536949c185dc1b9a18.PNG

Cobras:

1279647049_ApproachforBlissfulMeadows.PNG.927e292c88fb0f363bb23af5fe832316.PNG

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

About 3.5 weeks ago, I had left my clubs in a buddy’s car … was invited for a quick round at the last min with a different golf buddy, but couldn’t get to my gamers, so my old Cobra F9 OLs it was. Shot 86. My buddy and I were shocked … and to be fair, my driver/tee game has been singing as of late. 

Made some slight iron swing modifications in the year and months since last playing the OLs, and the new iron swing change just worked for me with the OLs. 

Sooo … only bought a single 7i, but just from a few range sessions, I’m happy. Placed an order for the 8i just yesterday. 😬 

95370B87-6143-4F54-B670-D7272D333BA7.jpeg.832bcb6ad8c31c388f18d274a13ad9ad.jpeg

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

2 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

About 3.5 weeks ago, I had left my clubs in a buddy’s car … was invited for a quick round at the last min with a different golf buddy, but couldn’t get to my gamers, so my old Cobra F9 OLs it was. Shot 86. My buddy and I were shocked … and to be fair, my driver/tee game has been singing as of late. 

Made some slight iron swing modifications in the year and months since last playing the OLs, and the new iron swing change just worked for me with the OLs. 

Sooo … only bought a single 7i, but just from a few range sessions, I’m happy. Placed an order for the 8i just yesterday. 😬 

95370B87-6143-4F54-B670-D7272D333BA7.jpeg.832bcb6ad8c31c388f18d274a13ad9ad.jpeg

I like it... 1 club at a time is much easier to hide from the finance department 😉 

I might need to implement this purchase method for the upcoming fiscal year! 🤣

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I like it... 1 club at a time is much easier to hide from the finance department 😉 

I might need to implement this purchase method for the upcoming fiscal year! 🤣

Oh for sure, it def helps me in feeling less guilty on a ‘wants’ purchase … as opposed to a ‘needs’ purchase where I rarely feel guilty. 😂

And for the moment, I’ll keep the F9 OLs in the 5i and 6i … for now. 😉😅

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

1 minute ago, mikeanthony said:

Oh for sure, it def helps me in feeling less guilty on a ‘wants’ purchase … as opposed to a ‘needs’ purchase where I rarely feel guilty. 😂

And for the moment, I’ll keep the F9 OLs in the 5i and 6i … for now. 😉😅

So if I need new irons simply because I want new irons did I find a loophole?

*adds Mizuno Pro 225 irons to cart*

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

So if I need new irons simply because I want new irons did I find a loophole?

*adds Mizuno Pro 225 irons to cart*

Even if you wanted them and didn't need them, we can use the same sentence with a quick edit:  "*adds ONE Mizuno Pro 225 iron to cart*"

Just do that another 7 times, and you're all set.  

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

12 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Even if you wanted them and didn't need them, we can use the same sentence with a quick edit:  "*adds ONE Mizuno Pro 225 iron to cart*"

Just do that another 7 times, and you're all set.  

“…one piece at a time…” - Johnny Cash. Definitely on to something here.  I thought I was the king of schemes and tactics to keep SWMBO in the dark, but this is next level stuff… 🤣

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Hot damn, Cobra! Just got a notification that the 8i has been sent to FedEx for shipping … and that was with customization, too. 😳

Clearly, they’re ready for me to make another purchase. 😆

image.png

9 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Hot damn, Cobra! Just got a notification that the 8i has been sent to FedEx for shipping … and that was with customization, too. 😳

Clearly, they’re ready for me to make another purchase. 😆

Just wait for the next billing period before you order the next one 😉

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

• 1 month later...

I cannot speak highly enough of the Cobras. Night and day feel relative to my old 790's

It spoke to some data here where 100-150 yard shots were a struggle in years past and I lost a lot of strokes in this area compared to a 0 HDCP (ignore the 50-100 didnt have anything with the cobras in this range)

image.png.13f9429d723840e6268a6cdd4a6e02bb.png

So far from what I see the clubs are very workable and are pretty confident with them. This was one of my favorite shots from the round yesterday. I hit a dead straight driver, didn't fade into a sloping right to left fairway so I ran into the woods. Had a good line of sight but blocked from the green so just could advance. Wanted the 180 number to be about 90 out and I hit exactly what I wanted, a beauty of a drawing stinger. Landed in a flat spot on a hill, didn't hit the best wedge but that 2nd shot put me in a really good position to birdie after a bad tee shot.

image.png.8533b18da31dc8983ee15b979feb2e1c.png

Excited for the year, I think there could be some scores to be had just with the confidence boost in the feel with these.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

22 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I cannot speak highly enough of the Cobras. Night and day feel relative to my old 790's

It spoke to some data here where 100-150 yard shots were a struggle in years past and I lost a lot of strokes in this area compared to a 0 HDCP (ignore the 50-100 didnt have anything with the cobras in this range)

image.png.13f9429d723840e6268a6cdd4a6e02bb.png

So far from what I see the clubs are very workable and are pretty confident with them. This was one of my favorite shots from the round yesterday. I hit a dead straight driver, didn't fade into a sloping right to left fairway so I ran into the woods. Had a good line of sight but blocked from the green so just could advance. Wanted the 180 number to be about 90 out and I hit exactly what I wanted, a beauty of a drawing stinger. Landed in a flat spot on a hill, didn't hit the best wedge but that 2nd shot put me in a really good position to birdie after a bad tee shot.

image.png.8533b18da31dc8983ee15b979feb2e1c.png

Excited for the year, I think there could be some scores to be had just with the confidence boost in the feel with these.

Keep at it, brohem! 

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

@GolfSpy_BOS living in the past with his #cobraconnect challenge sign winning, you’re welcome for the assist in the partner challenge!

DDBD49F6-BAF4-437C-946C-DB14F53893EA.jpeg.da86141751670c7c6f7e60b0a80da1ec.jpeg

New forged tecs so far are beautful (emojis are not working for some reason) 

happy Saint Patrick’s day!

0DC9302F-FC20-4449-94C5-1E1AB124EE92.jpeg.ac575e6488cd016f3bea6cdc92c01b68.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

@GolfSpy_BOS living in the past with his #cobraconnect challenge sign winning, you’re welcome for the assist in the partner challenge!

New forged tecs so far are 💴 

Are you at all regretting the fact that they just came out with the black ones? Because...sweet lord those are gorgeous. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Are you at all regretting the fact that they just came out with the black ones? Because...sweet lord those are gorgeous. 

I actually prefer My irons traditional and wedges black. I like the differentiation….but I would be lieing if I wasn’t drooling 🤤 over all the black irons

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

New forged tecs so far are beautful (emojis are not working for some reason) 

Don’t mind the messy office. I’ll eventually get stuff cleaned up. 

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I actually prefer My irons traditional and wedges black. I like the differentiation….but I would be lieing if I wasn’t drooling 🤤 over all the black irons

I'm telling @GolfSpy_BOS's family you're thinking about golf clubs instead of that killer Corn Beast 😉

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Don’t mind the messy office. I’ll eventually get stuff cleaned up. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a34d097a-06f8-47b8-892d-0054e0968588

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Just now, GolfSpy_SAM said:

I'm telling @GolfSpy_BOS's family you're thinking about golf clubs instead of that killer Corn Beast 😉

I already cleaned up 2 lbs before taking the picture 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Just now, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Oh @Lacassem always eats more than his fair share. He didn’t leave hungry, I promise you that!

14 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I already cleaned up 2 lbs before taking the picture 

But you’re missing out on sliders now. 

CCFF161C-6433-4748-9D76-A22BAFD82CA1.jpeg

Must have liked what he saw, came back back for a night cap! 

EC75897F-5715-41FD-9C23-CC4A254876C4.jpeg

Just now, GolfSpy_BOS said:

He live in your basement or something?

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

28 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Ran out of the good booze at the house had to come back.

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

His basement life is better than most house life’s .

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

29 minutes ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

1.6 miles or so. With an icecream shop between us… and his house is on my way to the nearest golf course too. It was great house purchase planning. 🤌

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Lacassem would you say these are pretty sleek and look like a player's iron at address?

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

23 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Hey @Lacassem would you say these are pretty sleek and look like a player's iron at address?

I have personally never played a players iron, but what I would say is that the top line is thin like a players iron but from toe to hosel is longer. I think its as close as you get to a players iron though without actually playing one. 

Check out my reviews:

WITB: