Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Electric Bike cart..

Bang60

Watched a Mrshortgame video of him playing golf and riding a electric bike, wow impressive and I'm looking at helping me extend my golf frequency per week. I'm fine walking 9holes but not so good walking 18 every other day, I was thinking electric scooter but it's a ride on only and I want exercise while I'm playing and being able to ride the bike around where I live is perfect. So I bought one on eBay very similar to the Mrshortgame style except it's not a folding bike but if it's good I'll think about buying a folding bike, the one I bought has two batteries which means I can ride to golf on batteries and peddle home if I can lol. Anyone else using a electric bike, I like being able to use the bag as a stand. 

IMG_20220728_151246.jpg

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

There is a course I play at on occasion and they rent the bikes. The bag goes along the top tube with the club heads over the handlebars. On the weekends the bikes are constantly on the course. 

Pretty cool kickstand.

IMG_1321.JPG

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

7 hours ago, hohjoe said:

There is a course I play at on occasion and they rent the bikes. The bag goes along the top tube with the club heads over the handlebars. On the weekends the bikes are constantly on the course. 

Pretty cool kickstand.

IMG_1321.JPG

Very comfortable seat too...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Our course (Cedar Creek GC in Albertville, MN) also uses the Finn Cycles... 20 of them (plus Yamaha carts).

Currently employed at Riverwood National Golf Course, in Otsego, MN (USA)   RW Logo copy.png

WITB: 

Callaway Paradym 9 & 10.5 drivers, depending on conditions and my swing that day! (Accra Tour Z x255 M3)

Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 woods (stock Aldila Synergy shafts, Stiff)

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid (UST Mamiya Recoil Dart 75 HB, Regular)

Callaway Apex Pro 19 (True Temper Elevate Tour 115 Steel, Regular)

13 different putters in rotation!! 😆

Seed SD-05 (a 3-piece urethane cover, 80 compression ball)

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Our course (Cedar Creek GC in Albertville, MN) also uses the Finn Cycles... 20 of them (plus Yamaha carts).

Any photos available? 

image.jpeg.819ab9717adc9abcd1231e85ed872c25.jpeg

Currently employed at Riverwood National Golf Course, in Otsego, MN (USA)   RW Logo copy.png

WITB: 

Callaway Paradym 9 & 10.5 drivers, depending on conditions and my swing that day! (Accra Tour Z x255 M3)

40 minutes ago, AndyK said:

image.jpeg.819ab9717adc9abcd1231e85ed872c25.jpeg

That's excellent @Andyk, I'm still looking at how I'm going to mount my golf bag and that's looking good. My bike is a standard bike so the more difference in bag setup I see the better, when it arrives in about a month I will a photo of how it's setup. cheers Colin

• 1 year later...

That's a fantastic idea for extending your golf outings while getting some exercise! Electric bikes are a great way to combine leisure and physical activity. I haven't tried one myself, but they seem like a perfect fit for golf lovers.  If you're looking for more info, tips, or reviews on electric bikes, you might want to check out Bicycle News and Review. They have a lot of insights that could help you make the most of your new ride.

Edited by waliwiw

Thanks @waliwiw you've reminder reminds me to post those photos, I've completely forgotten this Topic I started so I'm claiming it was a Senior moment 😔

I've actually still got the original frame somewhere in the shed so will set it up and take a picture plus the new style I'm in the process of setting up, again thanks for your reply...

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, AndyK said:

The liability was too much for our public golf course to endure. They have now all been sold off. There were too many incidents involving alcohol and sheer recklessness that the rental aspect was too much for the course to tolerate. We had a few idiots that decided bunker jumping might be a fun video to post to TikTok (or YouTube) so it caused a lot of damage to both the bunkers and bikes. There were several other incidents involving inexperience with the bikes but the worst was when a person rode the bike into the parking lot where another vehicle did not see them and hit them. Luckily, there were no serious injuries (knee scrapes) but suffice it to say, THAT was the final straw. The owner ended up selling them to a club member who has since sold several to other club members, so we do see them on our golf course but the liability is now theirs... but they are responsible people with a vested interest in our golf course.

WITB: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 8:15 AM, Bang60 said:

Watched a Mrshortgame video of him playing golf and riding a electric bike, wow impressive and I'm looking at helping me extend my golf frequency per week. I'm fine walking 9holes but not so good walking 18 every other day, I was thinking electric scooter but it's a ride on only and I want exercise while I'm playing and being able to ride the bike around where I live is perfect. So I bought one on eBay very similar to the Mrshortgame style except it's not a folding bike but if it's good I'll think about buying a folding bike, the one I bought has two batteries which means I can ride to golf on batteries and peddle home if I can lol. Anyone else using a electric bike, I like being able to use the bag as a stand while rent a car in Dubai

How comfortable is that bike, I need to know before buying it.

Edited by sajid jadoon

16 hours ago, sajid jadoon said:

How comfortable is that bike, I need to know before buying it.

I find the seat comfortable but would prefer a 20 inch wheel instead of 26, getting on and off would be easier..