TESTERS WANTED! ×

Golf Shoe Bag

FightingScot82

My 20 year old golf shoe bag I got from an outing ripped yesterday. Anyone have some strong thoughts on a shoe bag? I did a quick search and can't really tell much difference between $15 bags and $50 bags. My only requisite is that it allows for shoes to dry - I live in Pennsylvania so wet golf shoes are a regular thing.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

I have an Ogio shoester bag and like it.   That said,  when my shoes are wet, I open the bag when I get home to let them dry.  Looks like they are in the $40 range, but I don’t remember when I got it or even buying it 🤪

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’m not sure there is a difference - just so long as it’s vented.  (And I have zero TM, Callaway or Addidas shoes…)

6498BD82-B15F-487F-813F-461C739E3F07.jpeg.d6bb3a979debdf3dbe708704d690460d.jpeg  C6BCE114-BAC1-45FF-8B5D-E2F971AF75F9.jpeg.ea172f7f455dc291387f165b01da856f.jpeg

what I do think matters is what you put inside the bag to dry out the shoes. For years I’ve been putting these bamboo charcoal bags in each shoe and an extra in the bag to help dry everything out and keep the smell to a minimum. Early morning rounds in Iowa are always wet so I have to wear waterproof and work to dry things out. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

Wow, here's a thread/question I would have never thought applicable to me.  I'm totally blaming it on this forum but I now have 4 pair of golf shoes (though one is about done) and I keep looking at them lined up along the shop wall near my clubs thinking "I need a better storage system". 😆

Are most of you using a "shoe bag" simply for a single pair or are there options for multiple pairs?  To and from the course, I usually just grab whichever pair I'm going to wear (in some cases just put them on at home) and put them in with the clubs/cart. I've never thought of a shoe bag. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

22 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, here's a thread/question I would have never thought applicable to me.  I'm totally blaming it on this forum but I now have 4 pair of golf shoes (though one is about done) and I keep looking at them lined up along the shop wall near my clubs thinking "I need a better storage system". 😆

Are most of you using a "shoe bag" simply for a single pair or are there options for multiple pairs?  To and from the course, I usually just grab whichever pair I'm going to wear (in some cases just put them on at home) and put them in with the clubs/cart. I've never thought of a shoe bag. 

Me too, but to each his/her own by all means. I just have a simple rack at home, and a small piece of carpet in the back of my SUV for for whichever shoes I plan to wear that day. I wouldn’t want a bag, because I want my shoes to air out as much as possible, IOW not worry about drying. If any of my shoes are actually wet, I pull the soles out. [And I’m considering buying one more pair — since I have room lower left…]

9ED9EC2E-1DEF-4C25-8049-065014CB9A9C.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I get to play at some high end courses once in a while. Rules are rules. You can't change your shoes in the parking lot and you can't wear your golf shoes in the club house. Carrying a shoe bag is much more classier than carrying your shoes between your fingers through the club house. 

Putting that reasoning aside I have a few shoe bags that I won or was a give away in golf outings. They all look to be cheaper but they have held up for years. Photo below. They all have mesh sides for ventilation with a canvas top and bottom. The manufacturers tag inside says Air-Tex.

I'm sure they are in the $15.00 range.

IMG_2064.jpg.0b0b17c469893b5db1d29b97e001a93a.jpg

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I typically wear the same pair until they wear out so all I need is a single bag to go with my single pair of shoes 🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I typically wear the same pair until they wear out so all I need is a single bag to go with my single pair of shoes 🤣

And to think I chuckled at a thread someone started asking how many pairs of golf shoes one owns.  At the time I owned one pair 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I have multiple pairs of golf shoes. Each in one of those shoe bags. Only one pair will fit per bag. Using the bag you can hang them up on a hook. I pick a pair of shoes to match what I'm wearing. Grab my golf bag and shoe bag and out the door I go.

I have two pairs one is my range shoe/indoor pair that are pretty worn out. They came with just a cloth bag with a string nothing crazy. I don’t usually hit the range much during the season so those shoes stay in the bag during that time.

when the season is over I clean up my course pair and they go in the bag during the off season. I do like just having the cloth bag, does the trick

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I have an old leather Callaway shoe bag that has fake fur on the inside that has to be 20 plus years old.  It's held up pretty well.   Lately I use a small Ryder Cup backpack (roughly 9 inches wide, 18 inches tall and 4-6 inches deep) when heading to the course as it fits more than just my shoes.  

161305288_RyderCupBackpackA.jpg.fad43dc355944f942758dd9f83f2e393.jpg853351037_bagundonea.jpg.1bc22a0fc94abeacbc833f144ccfc336.jpg

I put my shoes in the larger space in the back (along with a small towel), my laser range finder in the top zippered pocket and my bag for me tees, ball markers, pens, etc. and my caddie buddy for holding my rangefinder.  I find it's an easier way to carry all my golf accessories from the house to my car to the course golf cart without my hands being completely full.  Plus, it's much easier to transport the items if I take my scooter to the course.

If you are looking for a more classic shoe bag, check out rockbottomgolf.com's warehouse sale which ends tonight.  They have at least four on sale (Etonic, Adidas, Bag Boy and Puma) from $17 to $27.  Worth checking out.  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

On 7/31/2022 at 10:57 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I finally went spikeless based on shoes rated by MGS but kept my old shoes (FootJoy waterproof spiked) for days I'm playing in rain or after a big rain that leaves standing water. But the new shoes stay in the bag otherwise. 

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

• 9 months later...
On 7/31/2022 at 9:57 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Check Amazon and search Golf trunk organizer, some of them have multiple shoe storage options.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

I have one like this. You can get two or three pair of golf shoes and an emergency change of clothes and spare stuff in it. You never know when you need a quick change to go play golf.  I usually have a pair of shorts, golf shirt, hat, and socks in one section. Two pair of shoes in the lower section. A spare glove and a box of balls in with room to spare.

image.png.6947ced3ff8d37fd534aca9dd8c4b144.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have a shoe bag for each pair, but I also wipe off my shoes after each round and dry them before putting back into the shoe bag. I also still polish them once a month. Call me old but I like to get many seasons out of a pair of shoes. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

I have one shoe bag that came with my pair of original Adidas Tour 360.  I have several pair of shoes in my car and put them on sitting on the rear bumper in the parking lot.  After golf they go in the trunk on the Weathertech mat because the soles are covered with goose poop.  No way they go in a bag until cleaned... which is usually not too often.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”