TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wyndham Championship - 2022

fixyurdivot

And then there was one... as in events remaining to the regular season.  After tearing up Detroit GC, the tour will have a go at Sedgefield CC in Greensboro, NC. Another fairly strong field with many players on the bubble needing a win or top place finish to stay in or move into the Top 125 and the playoffs.  Not sure how this works out, but they just got some help from the (10) by my count, LIV players currently in the top 125. Just seeing that LIV players have been removed from the FedEx Cup standings.  This moves Fowler (on my FTx roster) back into the top 125 👍.

I'm kind of wishing Tony Finau was in the field to see if he can get the hat-trick. But even if he did, he'd need 9 more to eclipse Byron Nelson's astonishing, and I dare say never will be broken, record of 11 straight wins in 1945. 

Fan favorite Kevin Kisner returns to defend his win last year.  He'll have to get past two former Wake Forest Deacon's (Simpson & Zalatoris) who will no doubt be motivated to "win one for the locals".  The weather forecast is looking a little wet with t-storms, so tee times may very well influence players fates.

Don't forget to make your pick for this weeks winner https://runmypools.com/JRMPNWWF.  Good luck!

Kevin Kisner breaks playoff drought with impressive win at Wyndham  Championship

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

25 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Not sure how this works out, but they just got some help from the (10) by my count, LIV players currently in the top 125. Just seeing that LIV players have been removed from the FedEx Cup standings.  This moves Fowler (on my FTx roster) back into the top 125 👍.

Just barely!  Rickie will have to play better than he has to stay there.  

Si Woo Kim wins in a playoff over Webb Simpson... you heard it first here!!  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm going with Zalatoris for his breakthrough win.

First off, I hope that Will Z. gets it done next week........................... long overdue for his first win. 

Below is what was written in the Detroit News today as part of the Rocket Mortgage "wrap-up."

On Sunday, Zalatoris hit 10 of 14 fairways and 12 of 18 greens in regulation while carding eight birdies to one bogey. He nearly aced the par-3 No. 15 but his tee shot bounced just in front of the cup before rolling off to the side.

He has seemed agonizingly close to winning a major all season, with second-place finishes at the U.S. Open and the PGA Championship. Zalatoris wants that victory — or simply an initial win on the PGA Tour — badly.

“I'd pay a lot of money for about an inch and a half, that's for sure,” Zalatoris said. “We'd have at least one trophy by now. We're close, we've just got to keep doing what we're doing, and that first one's gonna come.”

Next week, Zalatoris heads to Greensboro, North Carolina, for the Wyndham Championship. He won’t have much time to rest before FedEx Cup Playoffs start at the St. Jude Championship the following weekend in Memphis, Tennessee.

He’ll need to power through it though, as his performance in Detroit likely dropped him just outside the FedEx Cup top 10.

“I'm 25, so if you hear me say I'm tired, I probably need to get my head checked,” Zalatoris said. “Next week, it's kind of a home game in some respects, considering I went to Wake Forest, and obviously this is kind of the stretch of the season you prepare for, playing five in a row to end the season. Like I said, I'm young, I can handle it.”

will z.JPG

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

It would be great to see Zalatoris win this weekend, so close to where he played his college golf. I am trying to convince my family that we should go take in Sunday's round in person.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

What a weird set of happenings at this event.  The weather delays, and few players who's scores affect the cut line having to finish in near dark last night and this morning, had things all hosed up.  A few players post season fates at the whim of Mother Nature 😬.  Austin Smotherman needing only to par 18 and DB's moving him out of the top 125.  I feel bad for him as he's had such a great rookie season.

It’s been fun to watch this event.  I got to pay the front nine a month ago while visiting a student who is interning there.

It’s kind of surreal to see the holes in tv and be able to relate to the shots they’re playing. 

There are some tricky holes on the front and they’ve clearly got it playing tough with the lightning quick greens and thick rough. 

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

Calling this one early.  Congratulations Kim Joo-Huyng!!!  The boyz from South Korea brought it this week... heck of a showing.

Really wish sungjae could have caught up.

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I thought the Women’s AIG Open was a lot more fun to watch than the men’s Wyndham. YMMV. But the next three FedEx tournaments will be great to watch!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys