The build begins, component club.

55 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

A 6 G shaft weight usually has one quarter of an inch worth of head, when installing this you would normally trim one quarter of an inch off the tip to maintain the exact same shaft profile. I'm sure you've heard of tipping shafts to make them firmer, which is cutting more often is recommended. Well by not cutting the quarter inch off for the shaft weight it effectively softens the flex.I have a long tempo swing with an abrupt start to the downswing

So a quick transition, which is usually who a black will fit but at 75g and 6.0 typical isn’t an effective shaft for a 99mph swing speed but then again swing speed isn’t one of the factors in determine shaft. I’m still curious about numbers. 1/4” on driver shafts really isn’t going to have much effect on shaft flex in a driver.

Iirc it takes 1” to reduce cpm by 5 and it takes 10-15 com reduction to equal a full flex change.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

22 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Depending on where you hit the fence you could be carrying more than 230 but I get what you are saying.

I wonder what kind of smash Factor you have to put into the machines in order to carry the ball 230 yards with a 99 mph swing?

13 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

I wonder what kind of smash Factor you have to put into the machines in order to carry the ball 230 yards with a 99 mph swing?

It’s more than smash. Launch angle and spin play a roll too. 

Per trackman, if you can generate 140 mph ball speed (which you can do with 95mph club head speed and a great strike), have the right spin and launch, you can carry it 230

image.png.1e182cc1709c8a44c42face7e0179865.png

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

:ping-small: ChipR

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

36 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

I’m not looking for computer generated numbers. I’m curious about the numbers you are actually generating when you make contact with the ball with both setups.

I want to see your launch, spin, peak height, land angle, dynamic loft, aoa. These tell the story of what the ball is doing 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I can answer some of that with the info I got using my Old 9 degree metal shafted Drivers from Masterfit. AOA was level to 1 degree up swing with either driver. Dynamic Loft was about 13. Aren't all those numbers computer generated when your swinging into a big screen? 

8 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

I can answer some of that with the info I got using my Old 9 degree metal shafted Drivers from Masterfit. AOA was level to 1 degree up swing with either driver. Dynamic Loft was about 13. Aren't all those numbers computer generated when your swinging into a big screen? 

What type of launch monitor were you hitting on

what was your ball speed

Don’t need dynamic loft, need launch angle

and spin

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

:ping-small: ChipR

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

20 minutes ago, jlukes said:

What type of launch monitor were you hitting on

what was your ball speed

Don’t need dynamic loft, need launch angle

and spin

I don't know. What I did learn was that with the VP82 9 Degree & DG-S300 .335 I was only carrying 224 yards on the big screen. While the CT 250 8.5 & TX-90 .350 was 227. Neither of which are currently well matched to my lower swing speed.

44 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

They are computer generated by what the monitor captures from your swing.

you can’t assume that your driver swing with either of the combos you have are the same and produce the same results, that’s why you can’t just plug in a smash factor to get a carry distance and use your old steel shafted driver numbers.

• Like 1

Yet, since I no longer hit the fence on the fly with either of the Old steel shafted Drivers, or the 10.5 VS Proto shafted Driver, is it safe to assume that they are not the one? Masterfit suggested 9.5-10.5 Head at current 99 mph club head speed. The ISO-T head is advertised as Low Launch Low Spin. So far the 11.5 with the HZRDUS 75 6.0 soft stepped outperforms all the other options. While the 75 NV's all have higher deviation specs after puring than those already assembled, I shall endeavor to press on in the dirt to discover if they perform better in my hands than the HZRDUS 75 with an 11.5 head. Once I've done the experimentation in the dirt, then I can take it to the Big Screen to be fine tuned. Which is really more relevant, whacking the Big Screen or hitting it out of the dirt? 

28 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

Yet, since I no longer hit the fence on the fly with either of the Old steel shafted Drivers, or the 10.5 VS Proto shafted Driver, is it safe to assume that they are not the one? Masterfit suggested 9.5-10.5 Head at current 99 mph club head speed. The ISO-T head is advertised as Low Launch Low Spin. So far the 11.5 with the HZRDUS 75 6.0 soft stepped outperforms all the other options. While the 75 NV's all have higher deviation specs after puring than those already assembled, I shall endeavor to press on in the dirt to discover if they perform better in my hands than the HZRDUS 75 with an 11.5 head. Once I've done the experimentation in the dirt, then I can take it to the Big Screen to be fine tuned. Which is really more relevant, whacking the Big Screen or hitting it out of the dirt? 

Loft based on head speed is a beginning just like most online fitting tools recommend shafts based on swing speed or 7i distance but there’s a lot more involved.

We all have optimal ball flight window based on our ball speed. Finding the right head and loft that get into that window is where to start, then use the shaft to tweak the launch, spin, peak height and land angle to optimize both carry and total 

For me I compare ball flight I’m used to that I know is what is my best based on previous fittings with that of what I’m testing. 

i also like to see what’s going on number wise to make sure it fits within the the parameters that work for my swing. If I see smothering that’s off I can look at the numbers and see what and why.

The reason I asked for your numbers is you were asking opinions about the drivers. I can’t tell anything based on what you say is too high because I don’t know what that’s in reference too and I don’t know if it’s just a higher launch and flying ball or if it’s too much spin and what you see is a ball that balloons when are watching it at it’s apex, which still hasn’t been provided.

Theres no way to say what is working for you or not based without either watching you hit balls and getting to see the entire ball flight or looking at the number and interpret what’s happening 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Loft based on head speed is a beginning just like most online fitting tools recommend shafts based on swing speed or 7i distance but there’s a lot more involved.

We all have optimal ball flight window based on our ball speed. Finding the right head and loft that get into that window is where to start, then use the shaft to tweak the launch, spin, peak height and land angle to optimize both carry and total 

For me I compare ball flight I’m used to that I know is what is my best based on previous fittings with that of what I’m testing. 

i also like to see what’s going on number wise to make sure it fits within the the parameters that work for my swing. If I see smothering that’s off I can look at the numbers and see what and why.

The reason I asked for your numbers is you were asking opinions about the drivers. I can’t tell anything based on what you say is too high because I don’t know what that’s in reference too and I don’t know if it’s just a higher launch and flying ball or if it’s too much spin and what you see is a ball that balloons when are watching it at it’s apex, which still hasn’t been provided.

Theres no way to say what is working for you or not based without either watching you hit balls and getting to see the entire ball flight or looking at the number and interpret what’s happening 

You are working on an ever-increasing bias. I will never again be the golfer that competed in the western open at Butler national. This is a case of diminishing returns, I can never be and you can never make me the golfer I once was. It's all about making me competitive from a senior tee with all those folks that are launching from the tournament tee's since I no longer have any pudding skills, not that those were my skills back in the day, it's going to be really difficult to fit me for clubs. JMHO.

36 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

You are working on an ever-increasing bias. I will never again be the golfer that competed in the western open at Butler national. This is a case of diminishing returns, I can never be and you can never make me the golfer I once was. It's all about making me competitive from a senior tee with all those folks that are launching from the tournament tee's since I no longer have any pudding skills, not that those were my skills back in the day, it's going to be really difficult to fit me for clubs. JMHO.

In my opinion, you will never know your full potential unless you are properly fit by a professional.

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  7 - PW T100S, 4 -6 T200 all with Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: 4 - PW King Forged Tec with Aerotech Steelfiber I95 Stiff

Wedges:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 or Maxfli Tour

42 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

8 minutes ago, A J Ziggy said:

It is no longer about improving my GAME, it's all about retrieving the GAME I once had.LOL.

What I’m trying to do it help you find the best setup to maximize your tee game. You have sled for the experts opinions and we are trying to gather information to help you but you keep pushing back.

Either you want the forums help or you don’t. You decide what you want.

I have no problem bowing out and spending my time on other things.

If you just want to post about your what you see as you try the different combos go for it, but don’t pose question then get all twisted when people try to get more info to help 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, GaDawg said:

In my opinion, you will never know your full potential unless you are properly fit by a professional.

Would you change your opinion if I properly fit professionals before.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What I’m trying to do it help you find the best setup to maximize your tee game. You have sled for the experts opinions and we are trying to gather information to help you but you keep pushing back.

Either you want the forums help or you don’t. You decide what you want.

I have no problem bowing out and spending my time on other things.

If you just want to post about your what you see as you try the different combos go for it, but don’t pose question then get all twisted when people try to get more info to help 

I truly respect your opinion, but can you actually maximize my performance if I just give you the computer specs without us spending time together so you can see what I'm actually doing? I'm here in Northeast Florida, how close are you? I'm never going to be a pro again, so do you really want to spend your time maximizing my game? But I do appreciate your inputs, since I've been out of the game for a few decades. Thank you sir, I don't want to waste your time so if you bow out I completely understand. But after all, this is just time spent on the internet.

Nowadays I consider myself nothing more than a prospect for your future business. But a customer pushing back should be something you're quite familiar with in my humble opinion. So instead of a challenge please give me the concrete questions that will shoot me into future stardom with your guidance. My ignorance is your chance to build upon global success, and all you have to do is spare a few moments of your knowledge on the internet to enlighten me. If you can save the game of an old curmudgeon, just imagine what you can do for the stars of the future.JMHO.

OMG, drove to the corner and got a fitting at Dick's. It's going to take me awhile to pass this information along. But he decided to fit me with the 46 and a half inch a flex shaft that I never hit on the center of the face for 50 swings. Excuse me if the computer fitting on the big screen doesn't match reality in my opinion. This is not an example of what I consider to be a professional fitting. JMHO.

2 hours ago, A J Ziggy said:

I truly respect your opinion, but can you actually maximize my performance if I just give you the computer specs without us spending time together so you can see what I'm actually doing? I'm here in Northeast Florida, how close are you? I'm never going to be a pro again, so do you really want to spend your time maximizing my game? But I do appreciate your inputs, since I've been out of the game for a few decades. Thank you sir, I don't want to waste your time so if you bow out I completely understand. But after all, this is just time spent on the internet.

No I can’t work with you directly but I can take the input from a good launch monitor and see if you are getting the right launch characteristics and if not see what can be improved or possibly save you testing time with a shaft or head.

I could also use video of a swing to see what’s going on and compare with the numbers to get a better idea. 

Without a fitting the most that can be done is tweak your current setup if not optimal.

1 hour ago, A J Ziggy said:

OMG, drove to the corner and got a fitting at Dick's. It's going to take me awhile to pass this information along. But he decided to fit me with the 46 and a half inch a flex shaft that I never hit on the center of the face for 50 swings. Excuse me if the computer fitting on the big screen doesn't match reality in my opinion. This is not an example of what I consider to be a professional fitting. JMHO.

First of all dicks doenst have golf experts and would never be considered a professional fitting. Going to a big box store for a fitting is only asking for a bad experience, one might get luck at a dicks or golf galaxy but chances are slim. 

PGA tour superstore non tour van fitting would be a better option same with 2ndswing golf. Do their tour style fitting and you have a better chance at a good fitting.

Good fittings are only as good as the skill of the fitter

• Like 2