Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MEVO + Carry Distance Issue

Knock

Hopefully someone with a Mevo + can help. My average 7 iron is consistently between 155 and 165. My indoor Mevo + setup is Mevo 8 feet from ball, ball 9 feet from net, ball hitting area 2", Mevo tilt 0.1 and Mevo angle 12%.

I am getting carry distances consistently between 100 and 120 yards, which its at least 40 yards shorter than my normal carry. Ball path appears accurate. Any ideas why the Mevo+ is reading so short?

Everything consistently short? Ever get any out to 160?

Could be multiple things…

First, are you actually hitting indoors?  I hit into a net in my backyard but have it set to short indoor because of the distance constraints.  If indoors -  There is something to people hitting indoors where they just don’t hit it as far.  Been documented here and other forums such as golfsimulatorforum.com. That forum is a great resource and has a lot of content specific to FlightScope and the Mevo+ 

Second, do you have it set as “short” indoor rather than just indoor?  I assume you do, but…

Third, got the metallic dot on?

Fourth, are you certain there is no interference from electrical devices, lights fans, etc in front or above the device?

Fifth, what are you hitting off?  Any chance it’s something that leads to fat shots but you just can’t feel it?

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

36 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Everything consistently short? Ever get any out to 160?

Could be multiple things…

First, are you actually hitting indoors?  I hit into a net in my backyard but have it set to short indoor because of the distance constraints.  If indoors -  There is something to people hitting indoors where they just don’t hit it as far.  Been documented here and other forums such as golfsimulatorforum.com. That forum is a great resource and has a lot of content specific to FlightScope and the Mevo+ 

Second, do you have it set as “short” indoor rather than just indoor?  I assume you do, but…

Third, got the metallic dot on?

Fourth, are you certain there is no interference from electrical devices, lights fans, etc in front or above the device?

Fifth, what are you hitting off?  Any chance it’s something that leads to fat shots but you just can’t feel it?

Everything is consistently short. 

I am hitting indoors and had it set to both short indoors and indoors. Both settings were consistently short. I appreciate hitting shorter indoors but not by 40 yards.

Metallic dot on.

No obvious signs of interference. Moved unit around but consistently short.

I can hit and feel fat hits off my matt and distance registered 100 yards. Clean hits are registering 120. Even at my worst, I have never hit a 7 iron that short,

Must be interference but not sure where it's coming from. 

I will take the mevo+ outside tomorrow and see if it still registers short. 

8 hours ago, Knock said:

Must be interference but not sure where it's coming from. 

Do you have a consistent height surface from the mevo to the net?  I’ve read about people having the concrete floor between the net, ball, and mevo getting weird results 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Do you have a consistent height surface from the mevo to the net?  I’ve read about people having the concrete floor between the net, ball, and mevo getting weird results 

I have Mevo in a closet so the height directly above is 18 " lower than the rest of the room height. I have tried it outside the closet with the same short results.

Took it out to the range and distances were spot on using a rangefinder to confirm. Must be interference in the room. Not sure how to fix that if even possible.

2 hours ago, Knock said:

Must be interference in the room. Not sure how to fix that if even possible.

What are the room dimensions?

Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts