TESTERS WANTED! ×

LIve Thread-MGS Spies Meet in Maryland for Stay & Play Weekend of Fun Times

Golfspy_CG2

15 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That’s a MGS set up if I’ve ever seen one. Let alone the MGS Headcover but the LAB and Evnroll putters and alignment sticks.  

That's @tommc23 and myself, Sunday morning (..just filling in the details in case there was some kind of weird side bet section on that among the non-tripgoers.. 🤣)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I also forgot to mention, shout out to Queenstown.  The place we stayed out was just awesome and the views spectacular.  The river course is in great condition. The lakes course is not bad either but had some places where the condition was less than ideal.  @cnosil and I talked about it briefly after Sunday's round.  @Jmikecpa thanks to this trip has now figured out  how to play off of a patch of moss that makes you feel like you are standing on quicksand. It swallowed all but the top of your ball, LOL

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Prizes came from multiple sources.  Wedges, puttout, and hats were provided by HQ. I kicked in the hybrid, bag tag, divot tool, and keychain.  Not looking for any specific recognition but wanted to make sure to thank MGS for the prizes they contributed and to Rob, Jose and Ryan for what they donated.

I stand corrected!  thanks MGS!

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

32 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I had to give it a day to sink in of all the thoughts I had about this trip (ok, ok, ok, I really just passed out when I got home - nothing like sleeping in your own bed 😄🤣😂).  It says a lot about this community when you get a bunch of random guys together and it feels like meeting long lost friends.  Everyone that attended, I would say had a great time! I do want to give a shout out to the following people:

• @Golfspy_CG2 - without your thoughts and planning this never would of happened.  We definitely missed having you there
  • @Berg Ryman - thanks for being my second and keeping this group going in the right direction
  • @cnosil - thanks for donating the hybrid, bag tag, divot tool, and keychains / also thanks MGS for the Wedges, puttout, and hats 
  • @tommc23 - the pulled pork was out of this world as were the home made pickles!  I only wish we had gotten a chance to take a photo of it cooked before we devoured it like a pack of wild hyenas going in for the kill, LOL
  • @Jwc5149 - the taco dinner was awesome - thanks for preparing it for all of us and thanks for making us all laugh throughout the weekend
  • @McGolf - the stories you told and the equipment talk was priceless
  • @EasyPutter - thanks for coming down.  That was definitely the longest drive out of all of us (we're not counting @McGolf travel distance since he flew😄😂😂)
  • @cksurfdude - Thanks for the beer! Enjoyed playing in the last tee time with you!
  • @barryschwartz56 - Glad you were able to come out early and hang with us at the cottage. Definitely a round at Compass Pointe in the near future!
  • @Jmikecpa - It was fun playing that first round together.  I know, I know you shouldn't of watched the fly over videos😀 .  You'll blow away the river course next time!  I do have to say, I was watching you swing and something clicked on what I was doing wrong in my own swing.  This allowed me to shoot a 2 over 38 for the first 9 holes on Sunday before I got distracted on the last 9 holes, LOL
  • @Getoffmylawn - dude, you've got game! Enjoyed hanging out at the cottage!
  • @Shapotomous - I'm renaming your screen name - Mr. Consistent!  I'll have to relay this little story. Bob hit a drive and as we're driving up to his ball, his ball was nestled in a fairly sizable divot.  He calmly walks up to it, hits it like it was nothing and puts it I think about 5' from the pin! Drains the putt for what I think was the second birdie for him for the day.  Awesome playing the round with you Bob!

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure I have few more stories to tell!

MDGolfHacker

Didn't participate much in this thread in real-time, but I was reading from afar and keeping myself entertained ... only wish I was there. Which is why I didn't participate too much! LOL

Both envious and at the same time excited for future outings. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

What an awesome 2 days.  And I know I missed half the fun being a commuter.  Thanks to Rob, Jose, Ryan for doing all the heavy lifting.  And to everyone for making me feel like I was staying at the cottage.  It was great meeting all of you, I can't imagine meeting 11 random guys and having it turn out so well.  The golf was great, as was the pulled pork and those pickles.  Thanks again for feeding me and for all the pics, postings and fun.  Next time?? 

Rob, good luck with your surgery, I'm sure your new eyes will drop your index at least 4 strokes.  

:titelist-small: 913D (8.5), 913Fd (15), 913h (19) Diamana shafts

:taylormade-small:  P790 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 

:benhogan-small:TK-15 52,56,60 KBS Tour Wedge

:odyssey-small: O-Works Versa #2

Pro V1x, Vice Pro Plus

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Haha yes, I have heard people speak that word and, yes, I have even investigated it's meaning and tested out its function but still ... not quite *yet* working for this old dude 🤷‍♂️

Got an excellent pointer from @barryschwartz56 .. and the same thing previously from @Jmikecpa .. and separately but again the same tip from @MDGolfHacker ..!!!

Just not sinking in to my thick skull.

But I do appreciate they went out of their way to try and help me out .. thx guys!! Will be working on it👍

In the meantime @Yellow Ball some more of your little buddies are lying about down in MD hiding out in a few of those reed and marsh areas between the tee boxes and the fairways......... 

The YB search and rescue team has been working overtime. The only ones not complaining about the heat were the divers!

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, we've already put Rob on retainer for the 5th Annual PNW Meet-up.

Uh huh uh huh... We see what you did there ^ 😂

But hey that's cool .. we know he's got big plans for a DJ-like international jet-setting / partying island hopping luxury vacay with his entourage .. of Mid Atlantic MGSers! 😉

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I had to give it a day to sink in of all the thoughts I had about this trip (ok, ok, ok, I really just passed out when I got home - nothing like sleeping in your own bed 😄🤣😂).  It says a lot about this community when you get a bunch of random guys together and it feels like meeting long lost friends.  Everyone that attended, I would say had a great time! I do want to give a shout out to the following people:

• @Golfspy_CG2 - without your thoughts and planning this never would of happened.  We definitely missed having you there
  • @Berg Ryman - thanks for being my second and keeping this group going in the right direction
  • @cnosil - thanks for donating the hybrid, bag tag, divot tool, and keychains / also thanks MGS for the Wedges, puttout, and hats 
  • @tommc23 - the pulled pork was out of this world as were the home made pickles!  I only wish we had gotten a chance to take a photo of it cooked before we devoured it like a pack of wild hyenas going in for the kill, LOL
  • @Jwc5149 - the taco dinner was awesome - thanks for preparing it for all of us and thanks for making us all laugh throughout the weekend
  • @McGolf - the stories you told and the equipment talk was priceless
  • @EasyPutter - thanks for coming down.  That was definitely the longest drive out of all of us (we're not counting @McGolf travel distance since he flew😄😂😂)
  • @cksurfdude - Thanks for the beer! Enjoyed playing in the last tee time with you!
  • @barryschwartz56 - Glad you were able to come out early and hang with us at the cottage. Definitely a round at Compass Pointe in the near future!
  • @Jmikecpa - It was fun playing that first round together.  I know, I know you shouldn't of watched the fly over videos😀 .  You'll blow away the river course next time!  I do have to say, I was watching you swing and something clicked on what I was doing wrong in my own swing.  This allowed me to shoot a 2 over 38 for the first 9 holes on Sunday before I got distracted on the last 9 holes, LOL
  • @Getoffmylawn - dude, you've got game! Enjoyed hanging out at the cottage!
  • @Shapotomous - I'm renaming your screen name - Mr. Consistent!  I'll have to relay this little story. Bob hit a drive and as we're driving up to his ball, his ball was nestled in a fairly sizable divot.  He calmly walks up to it, hits it like it was nothing and puts it I think about 5' from the pin! Drains the putt for what I think was the second birdie for him for the day.  Awesome playing the round with you Bob!

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure I have few more stories to tell!

MDGolfHacker

Glad I could help you out but not sure what in the hell anyone would look at my swing and try and copy????  My swing is homegrown out of the pages of Golf Digest as a kid and I would teach any of it to anyone….ever. 

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

4 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

Glad I could help you out but not sure what in the hell anyone would look at my swing and try and copy????  My swing is homegrown out of the pages of Golf Digest as a kid and I would teach any of it to anyone….ever. 

@Jmikecpa not copy, just some reminders of things I needed to do in my own swing 😄

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

16 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

BTW I don’t know how much beer we drank but it wasn’t all of it that’s for sure 4 cases plus we’re taken and we didn’t drink nearly enough of them there was still quite a bit left

Yeah my wife was surprised how much I brought back with me! But hey better to be over-prepared and not needing to go out and make a run. But next time guys... 

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Hey Rob, all - do have some thoughts for next time, and will probably post here and there as they pop into my head, but first one is...

If it's another Summertime event then would suggest a location a little further North, maybe even a little more inland, where it's waaaay less humid. The heat is one thing but I know for myself and a few others the high humidity kinda wore us out.

Possibly mid-/southern Jersey? Or Eastern PA?

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

On 8/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, MDGolfHacker said:

More wedge fittings...@cnosil and @Berg Ryman supervising in my place as I learned to hit more worm burners on the range😁🤣😂

PXL_20220806_200458132.jpg.a869bf3ca07a1000bfb272b8aeac26a5.jpg

nothing like going to a proper wedge fitting in flip flops. hahahahha

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

3 minutes ago, McGolf said:

nothing like going to a proper wedge fitting in flip flops. hahahahha

I will take the flip flops as opposed to what the other options could have been…

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

3 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

@Getoffmylawn was the one that hit the hole and kept going and @McGolf was the one short in the last frame.

which was exactly how it went on the course that day. Glad I got the Putt out. Just the mere presence of it in the luggage made a different the next day.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Hey Rob, all - do have some thoughts for next time, and will probably post here and there as they pop into my head, but first one is...

If it's another Summertime event then would suggest a location a little further North, maybe even a little more inland, where it's waaaay less humid. The heat is one thing but I know for myself and a few others the high humidity kinda wore us out.

Eastern Massachusetts 😂

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Liking my new profile picture; prior pic was from the last mid atlantic regional get together.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Cape Cod. A few incredible courses there.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Cape Cod. A few incredible courses there.

Gorgeous courses and beaches galore

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Just now, Lacassem said:

Gorgeous courses and beaches galore

and sharks...don't forget about the great whites!

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

1 minute ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Just need to make sure no seals are in the area you’ll be fine!

plenty of news covering where they are day to day 😂😂

some monsters out there this time of year, good thing it’s golf and not surfing we are looking into!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Naw, they don’t eat Golfers!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

You know it would be a golf trip; not a swim with the great white shark trip.   😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You know it would be a golf trip; not a swim with the great white shark trip.   😁

My concerns were for @Yellow Balland our ability as golfers to send him into the water hazard. 😀

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media: