Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ping Putter

Christof

Good day MyGolfSpy fans or followers.

I have a question about the Putter, I have the Putter; Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth: Shaft Straight, Grip: Ping Pistol PP60, 
Weight Distribution: Heel-Toe Face: Dual Durometer True Roll, Hosel: Single Bend, Alignment: Single Sight Line

1st I find the Pistol grip very good and comfortable, I have small hands.
2nd Face: Dual Durometer True Roll, I also like it.
3rd The club head I have trouble controlling with long puts, I play with the pin grip, which is better for me. My swing is slightly bent to straight. I have not fit or tested the 19.06.22 putter.
I have also played the Taylor Made Spider GT Rollback and Taylor Made Spider also felt good but have also played Odyssey Rossie was also good. Think something more stable look than the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne, I have read and watched so many test that I don't really know anymore. Yesterday I had an arthroscopy on my R hip and 4 weeks on crutches, golf swing is not immediately possible, putting will be fine after 4 weeks. Therefore I would like to ask you if you can recommend something on the forum or if you have an opinion. Maybe buy a 2nd hand putter and test it. I have a 3 metre putter mat from pure2improve and puttout mirror and port and Pressure Putt. I hope to learn more here.

Christof

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

Well Christof you’ve packed a lot in your post. Take it from someone who has went down the “try another one” road and get a fitting.
It will be the best money spent instead of just buying different putters. When you learn your stroke tendencies, correct shaft length, loft, lie and proper grip size selecting the right putter becomes much easier as it narrows down the field tremendously. I feel pretty confident the putters you are using are for at least two, possibly three different stroke types causing you more confusion.

A fitting can be as simple as visiting a local pro at the golf course , an online virtual fitting or a scheduled in depth personal fitting by a club fitter. Investigate a fitting and save yourself time and money while gaining confidence and building a better stroke.

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

Hey Motoboss

Yes, I try to tell it as well as I can, maybe often too much or too long.
For my irons and fairway I did a fitting, the Wilson D9 I paid 580€ in England and in Belgium I had to pay 899€ for the same set. The Taylermade fairway I bought in the shop another where I tested the Wilson D9. On the Taylermade I got 10% and 50€ discount, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it there in England it was cheaper, on Clubhouse golf you find very good prices and you don't pay any tax. The 2 fitting places I have been to were actually disappointing the pro's just stood there looking at me, if you asked for something it was just too much, that's why I asked on the forum. I have also said that to a pro at the local golf club maybe also the reason the grip has changed to provide more stability. At the local golf club you can't test equipment.
Now I have time to look on the internet and ask questions, on 05.11.22 I may go back to work. Is go to the Ping site when they have test days in Belgium, in the Netherlands in the Jumbo shops the fittings are free but not nearby. I do make good puts with the ping putter, the feel is not right the stability/shape/weight of the putter doesn't feel right, but I don't know enough about it to know what the problem could be, but it could be that the golfer himself is the problem 🙂. I am someone who does a lot on feeling maybe too much. 
Thanks in the meantime for the response.
Christof

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

No problem. I too am a “feel” putter and if it doesn’t feel right or look right then it’ll never work. Knowing your stroke pattern; Straight Back/Straight thru, slight Arch or Strong Arch is the first foundation you need to find. After knowing this picking a putter shortens the list to something that looks good and feels good.

On 8/7/2022 at 11:02 AM, Christof said:

Hey Motoboss

Yes, I try to tell it as well as I can, maybe often too much or too long.
For my irons and fairway I did a fitting, the Wilson D9 I paid 580€ in England and in Belgium I had to pay 899€ for the same set. The Taylermade fairway I bought in the shop another where I tested the Wilson D9. On the Taylermade I got 10% and 50€ discount, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it there in England it was cheaper, on Clubhouse golf you find very good prices and you don't pay any tax. The 2 fitting places I have been to were actually disappointing the pro's just stood there looking at me, if you asked for something it was just too much, that's why I asked on the forum. I have also said that to a pro at the local golf club maybe also the reason the grip has changed to provide more stability. At the local golf club you can't test equipment.
Now I have time to look on the internet and ask questions, on 05.11.22 I may go back to work. Is go to the Ping site when they have test days in Belgium, in the Netherlands in the Jumbo shops the fittings are free but not nearby. I do make good puts with the ping putter, the feel is not right the stability/shape/weight of the putter doesn't feel right, but I don't know enough about it to know what the problem could be, but it could be that the golfer himself is the problem 🙂. I am someone who does a lot on feeling maybe too much. 
Thanks in the meantime for the response.
Christof

Hello Motoboss

Well, I'm not the only one who does it by feel.
The way I putt is in between straight and slightly curved, it's hard to say, I'm just in between. According to the PRO I have a good putter and suitable for me, yet I feel something is not right, the model/weight/balance, I don't know, I do good puts with the Ping, why change. Maybe on golfbidder the same buy but in the Slight model to feel the difference, the price still needs to come down a bit the cheapest is 145€. I a buy another slight model you can also hardly compare.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hi Christof...

Is it just long putts that you are looking to improve on?  I don't understand what you mean by a "pin" grip, is that a typo for Ping or the way you hold the club?   In my golfing life I have used a cross handed grip for putts up to about 5 meters and a standard grip for longer putts to get better distance control.  Maybe try a different grip for longer putts for better feel on those?

It sounds like you have a slight arc stroke.  Different putter designs do favor different stroke types, I would start there as suggested by Motoboss.  Then you need to figure out your personal preference in head design, neck design, shaft type and see what looks good to you.  Putter length is also a variable to consider when it comes to feel, have you adjusted your Ping to try it at different lengths?  It's good it seems you already know the grip size that you like.

I have about 10 putters in different styles that I collected (used) over the years and I bounce between 2 or 3 of them.  I know in my case its not the putter but the guy holding the putter, I just sometimes need to look at something different for a while to gt my putting game back on track.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I will say one thing about the Sigma 2 putter face. I don’t like it at all! I have a Sigma 2 Arna, bought new and played once. I just couldn’t get consistent contact with the face and it felt very rubbery with terrible distance control. The Tyne is designed for pretty much your stroke so it should work fairly well for you.

Maybe that is “what’s off” with you. Try a smooth, non milled or lightly milled face and see if the feel returns.

Edited by Motoboss

Based on all your comments you judge everything by feel.and you describe your current putter as not feeling right so in that case it is not the right putter.   You can learn and adapt over time to how the putter feels or you can try to interpret what doesn’t feel right and find a different putter.  You have mentioned stability, model, weight, and balance which are all things specific to you.   We can’t tell you what you think would be more stable, or look better, or how it should feel in the stroke.   You have also talked a lot about the ball and it’s feel; if you change putters, it will likely change how the ball feels.  you said you have trouble controlling the head on long putts.  Does that mean you struggle keeping the head on its path or that you struggle with how far the ball rolls?  People talk a lot about stroke type and how it determines which putter you should get;  based on your reliance on feel I would suggest you ignore putters for stroke type and just find one that feels good to you and learn to use it.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, Motoboss said:

I will say one thing about the Sigma 2 putter face. I don’t like it at all! I have a Sigma 2 Arna, bought new and played once. I just couldn’t get consistent contact with the face and it felt very rubbery with terrible distance control. The Tyne is designed for pretty much your stroke so it should work fairly well for you.

Maybe that is “what’s off” with you. Try a smooth, non milled or lightly milled face and see if the feel returns.

OK, I know that 😀
Maybe can is try a smooth, unmilled or slightly milled face and see if it feels like it. Is going to look on mugolfspy's site and see putters from a few years back then on golfbidder or clubhoouse golf, it shouldn't be a new putter.

Thanks
Christof

1 hour ago, Christof said:

OK, I know that 😀
Maybe can is try a smooth, unmilled or slightly milled face and see if it feels like it. Is going to look on mugolfspy's site and see putters from a few years back then on golfbidder or clubhoouse golf, it shouldn't be a new putter.

Thanks
Christof

4 hours ago, Motoboss said:

I have had a quick look on the internet for something like Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Golf Putter or Wilson INFINITE BUCKTOWN PUTTER or something like the Ping Heppler models, but on the Ping I see no grooves at all.

Christof

8 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Hi Christof...

Is it just long putts that you are looking to improve on?  I don't understand what you mean by a "pin" grip, is that a typo for Ping or the way you hold the club?   In my golfing life I have used a cross handed grip for putts up to about 5 meters and a standard grip for longer putts to get better distance control.  Maybe try a different grip for longer putts for better feel on those?

It sounds like you have a slight arc stroke.  Different putter designs do favor different stroke types, I would start there as suggested by Motoboss.  Then you need to figure out your personal preference in head design, neck design, shaft type and see what looks good to you.  Putter length is also a variable to consider when it comes to feel, have you adjusted your Ping to try it at different lengths?  It's good it seems you already know the grip size that you like.

I have about 10 putters in different styles that I collected (used) over the years and I bounce between 2 or 3 of them.  I know in my case its not the putter but the guy holding the putter, I just sometimes need to look at something different for a while to gt my putting game back on track.

Hi Shapotomous

The pin is write error is the Pen grip. The pro has said the Pen grip had to try for more control and stability. Is better should get used to it even more. In my back swing I sometimes do something weird where I lose control especially with puts from 5meter, I feel it is not right, I don't know if it is the balance/weight/shape of the putter, I don't know enough about that. The Pro said it is a good putter for me. The feel/rhythm is not always to my liking, could be I expect too much from me or the putter, if the feel is not there then it becomes difficult, I do good things with the putter I am happy with it, still there is something I miss or is not right. I do a lot on feel, some say it's good and some say it's not. 
When I look at my putter stroke, I see between straight and slightly curved.
The putter is 34inc, the shaft is not adjustable, I usually keep my hands in the same place.
Motoboss: had suggested trying a Try a smooth, non milled or lightly milled face to see what that gives me. But think it's the same model as the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth, otherwise it's hard to compare.

10 Putters wow, how many years have you been playing golf, I had hoped to get by with 1 putter for the rest of my golf career. So in many sports the equipment is also important but still the athlete has to do it.

Christof

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

Based on all your comments you judge everything by feel.and you describe your current putter as not feeling right so in that case it is not the right putter.   You can learn and adapt over time to how the putter feels or you can try to interpret what doesn’t feel right and find a different putter.  You have mentioned stability, model, weight, and balance which are all things specific to you.   We can’t tell you what you think would be more stable, or look better, or how it should feel in the stroke.   You have also talked a lot about the ball and it’s feel; if you change putters, it will likely change how the ball feels.  you said you have trouble controlling the head on long putts.  Does that mean you struggle keeping the head on its path or that you struggle with how far the ball rolls?  People talk a lot about stroke type and how it determines which putter you should get;  based on your reliance on feel I would suggest you ignore putters for stroke type and just find one that feels good to you and learn to use it.  

hello cnosil

I do a lot on feeling maybe too much, you are who you are. Most of the trouble, when I move the putter backwards I do something weird, lose control, maybe I'm too fast in my backswing or too curious I want to go back too fast. If the PRO says it's the right putter for me, don't hesitate, I do good things with it, only with long puts it sometimes goes wrong, should I have a more balanced putter, different model, or do I need more practice with the pen grip. Now that I have a lot of time to ask questions, I'm blown away by the responses, I didn't expect that, I live on the other side of the world. Still nice, I got so much response in the meantime ok I learned a lot. I certainly thought someone would respond, but I didn't expect that much, my sentence on construction will probably not always be correct, I hesitated for a long time before asking questions on the forum, but glad I did. my confidence in me and people has deteriorated sharply in recent years due to all kinds of problems, I had 2x mild depressions or what to call it, In other words, I had to tighten / screw a piece of wood with a makita and started to tremble completely and trembling, I was so empty and exhausted that I had to lie in bed, drove to emergency, my thyroid values were all 0, all from stress I will call it, I was home for a month before I was well again. I've done that twice in 2 years. From the beginning of 2021 I have another job and I am doing better. If I'm off the crutches from 02.09.22, I can practice putting, see photo, when I see a golf siwng. Putter subject I know a lot, I have time until next year May/June when the matches start.

Thanks for all the responses and trying to help.
Christof

Golfmat en traings maetriaal .jpg

Yea, 8n Ping you’ll have go go for the PLD to get face milling. I had a Huntington Beach 11 Soft and just sold it. It’s a pretty light head for a mallet which led to a very kind of dead feel. Not bad “dead” but not a lot of feedback.

It can be a lot of trial and error 

Pricey but nice

https://www.golfdiscount.com/ping-pld-anser-stealth-putter?hand=15127&length=15682&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&adlclid=106801a4951c155caf2363508bbf4ee7&msclkid=106801a4951c155caf2363508bbf4ee7&utm_campaign=[ADL] [PLA] [Shopping] - Smart&utm_term=4580496734565187&utm_content=Ad group %231

4370FB0C-DCA6-4A70-9681-BE3C60E0B082.jpeg

Edited by Motoboss

Always thought of myself as a good putter, but father time has caught up with my game.  With be 76 next month.  Am not one that changes putters very often, am from the school that it more the Indian than the arrow.  I did recently decide to go back to where my putting began, the Ping Anser and the new model the PLD.  I love the milled face, the weight and the feel.  BUT am having issues getting it in the hole.  Worked with my coach this morning and found that there is nothing wrong with the new putter, is definitely the Indian.  This is the eighth time I played with it and all along my shoulders have been my issue.  I have been striking the ball very solid but the line have been off about and inch of so.  For long putts, I have had no issues.  Getting used to the minor adjustment today had me thinking a little too much standing over the putts but feel that in time the ball will be rolling into the hole.  A gentleman who taught me art of putting when I first started who was in his eighties and putt the eyes out on the greens always said 99% of your putts go in if you putt them in the hole.  He was funny in his own way.  Point is find one you like, trust it, get a lesson, a refresher when needed and stick with it.  I still like my scotty, but I like having a couple of good putters around.  One for fast greens (Ping) and one for slow greens (Scotty).   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

11 hours ago, Motoboss said:

Yea, 8n Ping you’ll have go go for the PLD to get face milling. I had a Huntington Beach 11 Soft and just sold it. It’s a pretty light head for a mallet which led to a very kind of dead feel. Not bad “dead” but not a lot of feedback.

It can be a lot of trial and error 

Pricey but nice

https://www.golfdiscount.com/ping-pld-anser-stealth-putter?hand=15127&length=15682&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&adlclid=106801a4951c155caf2363508bbf4ee7&msclkid=106801a4951c155caf2363508bbf4ee7&utm_campaign=[ADL] [PLA] [Shopping] - Smart&utm_term=4580496734565187&utm_content=Ad group %231

4370FB0C-DCA6-4A70-9681-BE3C60E0B082.jpeg

I have been to the Ping site but I have not found 8n Ping or do you mean that you have 8 putters from Ping? I don't know how to translate it.
Okay no Huntington Beach 11 Soft.

Yes trial and error, I'm not looking to buy that many now, is handsome that you want to test all that putters, that's not for me. 

In Europe are about the same prices https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Putters.html#usestorage is of the cheapest site/shops in the U.K. In Belgium and the Netherlands it is more expensive, Jumbo is of the biggest cheapest shops in the Netherlands, https://www.jumbosports.com/golf/golfclubs/golfclubs-heren/putters/ping
I found the cheapest on https://www.golfbidder.com/nl/models/8706/Ping__Putter_Tyne_DS_72_PLD_Milled_Satin.html.
450€ is a bit too much now. can look for an alternative. It does not have to be a new mode

Christof

13 hours ago, ChuckZ said:

Always thought of myself as a good putter, but father time has caught up with my game.  With be 76 next month.  Am not one that changes putters very often, am from the school that it more the Indian than the arrow.  I did recently decide to go back to where my putting began, the Ping Anser and the new model the PLD.  I love the milled face, the weight and the feel.  BUT am having issues getting it in the hole.  Worked with my coach this morning and found that there is nothing wrong with the new putter, is definitely the Indian.  This is the eighth time I played with it and all along my shoulders have been my issue.  I have been striking the ball very solid but the line have been off about and inch of so.  For long putts, I have had no issues.  Getting used to the minor adjustment today had me thinking a little too much standing over the putts but feel that in time the ball will be rolling into the hole.  A gentleman who taught me art of putting when I first started who was in his eighties and putt the eyes out on the greens always said 99% of your putts go in if you putt them in the hole.  He was funny in his own way.  Point is find one you like, trust it, get a lesson, a refresher when needed and stick with it.  I still like my scotty, but I like having a couple of good putters around.  One for fast greens (Ping) and one for slow greens (Scotty).   

Hi ChuckZ

Great text beautiful, Maybe is somewhere 2nd hand or an older model in a milled face search, for the difference to feel. A new model is not in the cards, it's far too expensive. The last 2 line were pretty interesting, I enjoyed the whole text, you don't take 2 putters with you to play golf do you?

Sporty greetings
Christof

15 hours ago, Christof said:

Hi Shapotomous

The pin is write error is the Pen grip. The pro has said the Pen grip had to try for more control and stability. Is better should get used to it even more. In my back swing I sometimes do something weird where I lose control especially with puts from 5meter, I feel it is not right, I don't know if it is the balance/weight/shape of the putter, I don't know enough about that. The Pro said it is a good putter for me. The feel/rhythm is not always to my liking, could be I expect too much from me or the putter, if the feel is not there then it becomes difficult, I do good things with the putter I am happy with it, still there is something I miss or is not right. I do a lot on feel, some say it's good and some say it's not. 
When I look at my putter stroke, I see between straight and slightly curved.
The putter is 34inc, the shaft is not adjustable, I usually keep my hands in the same place.
Motoboss: had suggested trying a Try a smooth, non milled or lightly milled face to see what that gives me. But think it's the same model as the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth, otherwise it's hard to compare.

10 Putters wow, how many years have you been playing golf, I had hoped to get by with 1 putter for the rest of my golf career. So in many sports the equipment is also important but still the athlete has to do it.

Christof

Try a putting drill where you hit putts with one hand, 10 with right and then 10 with left.  I do this regularly and it helps me keep the putter on line and better control the face at impact when i go back to two hands.

If longer putts with the pen grip don't 'feel' right then try a different grip for those longer putts.  

I thought the Sigma 2 putters were like the Heppler putters and shaft length could be adjusted using a tool through the end of the grip.  The Ping marketing write up for the Sigma 2 seems to indicate this...

The 11-model Sigma 2 family is designed for the golfer who prefers a putter on the softer side of the spectrum with the lively response of a firm face. Plus, an innovative adjustable-length shaft allows you to dial-in your precise fit. Our studies show 8 of 10 golfers are playing the wrong-length putter, and that consistency improves when you can customize the length for your stroke and posture.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

15 hours ago, Christof said:

Christof

Hey @Jmikecpa ....  Christof thinks my paltry 10 putter bullpen is a lot!!  😆  

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Try a putting drill where you hit putts with one hand, 10 with right and then 10 with left.  I do this regularly and it helps me keep the putter on line and better control the face at impact when i go back to two hands.

If longer putts with the pen grip don't 'feel' right then try a different grip for those longer putts.  

I thought the Sigma 2 putters were like the Heppler putters and shaft length could be adjusted using a tool through the end of the grip.  The Ping marketing write up for the Sigma 2 seems to indicate this...

The 11-model Sigma 2 family is designed for the golfer who prefers a putter on the softer side of the spectrum with the lively response of a firm face. Plus, an innovative adjustable-length shaft allows you to dial-in your precise fit. Our studies show 8 of 10 golfers are playing the wrong-length putter, and that consistency improves when you can customize the length for your stroke and posture.

Putterdril: I'll remember, I can do it next month at home. I've done it before but not 10 times in a row and changing hands 🙂

Pen grip: yes, I still have to get used to it, maybe 8 hours of work with different distances. I have come across other grips in between.

No, my shaft/grip is not repairable, on golfbidder I have come across sigmas2 that are not adjustable. is very good option for in the shops and fitting places, once you have putter size, I don't see that it is an added value adjustable shafts, will sell and re-sell a bit easier I think.
Maybe they are not for the European market or only online or only those shops that order the putters like that? or very good marketing publicity. i bought mine in the U.K.
 If you read their text is more marketing than research. Could be most golfers play with a wrong putter of length, if the golfer goes for a fitting, the pro/fitter will see that the golfer doesn't/will have the right putter size, I assume anyway. Should then buy an adjustable shaft/grip? How shall I explain it, you have always played 35inc, golfer goes to see for other club, the fitter says you need a 34inc. the Fitter says look the ping putters are adjustable if the 34 inch doesn't work you can go back to the 35inc, is just a sales trick in my eyes. If the fitter says you need 34inc, the fitter will know is his job, if that doesn't work then the golfer should go back and she should figure it out, the golfer should not buy different putter lengths 🙂, If you know what I mean.

Christof

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

😃Are there golfers who have more putters? If you have been golfing for 10 or 20 years, how many putters do most people have? If the golfer is happy with the putter why change?

What do you mean by bullpen, my translator translates it to bullpen.

9 minutes ago, Christof said:

😃Are there golfers who have more putters? If you have been golfing for 10 or 20 years, how many putters do most people have? If the golfer is happy with the putter why change?

What do you mean by bullpen, my translator translates it to bullpen.

People get golf clubs for different reason.   There are people that enjoy collecting and playing different putters.  It has nothing to do with how many years you have been playing.   Some people play the same putter for decades and others switch between every round simply because they enjoy play8mg something different.  

Bullpen is a baseball term to indicate where you have a bunch of pitchers sitting  waiting to be put into play.  In this case there are a bunch of putters waiting to be put in play.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

I have more than 10 putters in my condo at the moment…..with many many many more back home in the golf room. I guess I am an overachiever 😂

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

30 minutes ago, cnosil said:

People get golf clubs for different reason.   There are people that enjoy collecting and playing different putters.  It has nothing to do with how many years you have been playing.   Some people play the same putter for decades and others switch between every round simply because they enjoy play8mg something different.  

Bullpen is a baseball term to indicate where you have a bunch of pitchers sitting  waiting to be put into play.  In this case there are a bunch of putters waiting to be put in play.

Okay I didn't know about the putters, thought those people were never satisfied with their putter.

Bullpen 🙂, I had never heard of it, but nice 😀

26 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I have more than 10 putters in my condo at the moment…..with many many many more back home in the golf room. I guess I am an overachiever 😂

😮 More than 10 putters unbelievable. I am coming to you for a putter test😃, In you golf room make a space and hang the putters according to year when bought or made a nice overview. Yes overachiever or collector, maybe it means the same or some kind of addiction to putters. Do you know exactly how many putters you have? maybe put them all together on a picture.

Christof

17 minutes ago, Christof said:

😮 More than 10 putters unbelievable. I am coming to you for a putter test😃, In you golf room make a space and hang the putters according to year when bought or made a nice overview. Yes overachiever or collector, maybe it means the same or some kind of addiction to putters. Do you know exactly how many putters you have? maybe put them all together on a picture.

Christof

This is the majority of them. Maybe 20 or so missing from the rack at this time. 

and I have no idea how many I actually own  my guess is north of 200 and less than 300  

B2A46396-D6F0-4661-92F5-AAB81F2099C6.jpeg

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

42 minutes ago, Christof said:

Okay I didn't know about the putters, thought those people were never satisfied with their putter.

It’s not just putters, people do this with all the variety of clubs.  There are multiple forum members on here with lots of iron sets.

10 hours ago, Christof said:

I have been to the Ping site but I have not found 8n Ping or do you mean that you have 8 putters from Ping? I don't know how to translate it.
Okay no Huntington Beach 11 Soft.

Yes trial and error, I'm not looking to buy that many now, is handsome that you want to test all that putters, that's not for me. 

In Europe are about the same prices https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Putters.html#usestorage is of the cheapest site/shops in the U.K. In Belgium and the Netherlands it is more expensive, Jumbo is of the biggest cheapest shops in the Netherlands, https://www.jumbosports.com/golf/golfclubs/golfclubs-heren/putters/ping
I found the cheapest on https://www.golfbidder.com/nl/models/8706/Ping__Putter_Tyne_DS_72_PLD_Milled_Satin.html.
450€ is a bit too much now. can look for an alternative. It does not have to be a new mode

Christof

I’m sorry it was a typo!  I meant to say, “for a Ping milled face you’ll have to go to the PLD line of putters.”

Edited by Motoboss

27 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

This is the majority of them. Maybe 20 or so missing from the rack at this time. 

and I have no idea how many I actually own  my guess is north of 200 and less than 300  

B2A46396-D6F0-4661-92F5-AAB81F2099C6.jpeg

Hola das the real thing, great and all look good, around 200 putters incredible. The rack is solidly done and uncluttered. Nice.

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It’s not just putters, people do this with all the variety of clubs.  There are multiple forum members on here with lots of iron sets.

Yes I have done cycling in the past and certainly with the cycling tourists some had 10 bikes, I don't know what you can do with those 10 bikes. Everyone's thing for sure or passion or not being able to part with the equipment.

24 minutes ago, Motoboss said:

I’m sorry it was a typo!  I meant to say, “for a Ping milled face you’ll have to go to the PLD line of putters.”

No problem, I have seen the PLD putters
 on the ping site, they are still a bit on the expensive side, I am however the Wilson infinite putters are still very reasonable in price and maybe for trying. I have read that if you already have higher or faster putters swing, you are better with a Blade or mid mallet?