TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping Putter

Christof

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It’s not just putters, people do this with all the variety of clubs.  There are multiple forum members on here with lots of iron sets.

yes everyone has their thing, I have done cycling in the past and certainly some of the cycling tourists had 10 bicycles. I wouldn't know what you can do with 10 bikes, it just takes up space. For some that is emotional value and not being able to part with it or they are collectors.

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

41 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It’s not just putters, people do this with all the variety of clubs.  There are multiple forum members on here with lots of iron sets.

That is the other side of the rack along with the staff bags and other racks in the room. I have issues. 

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

1 hour ago, Jmikecpa said:

That is the other side of the rack along with the staff bags and other racks in the room. I have issues. 

Yes, if you have that much material then it can be a problem. Good thing everyone is different otherwise the world would be boring.

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

14 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

This is the majority of them. Maybe 20 or so missing from the rack at this time. 

and I have no idea how many I actually own  my guess is north of 200 and less than 300  

B2A46396-D6F0-4661-92F5-AAB81F2099C6.jpeg

And I thought I was a putter Ho with about 100!!! Most of mine are not as nice or modern as yours. Mine are mostly Old Mac Ironmasters, Spalding T P Mills and Pings. I think the newest putter I may have is a Newer Lynx Black Cat 8802 style with an insert. LOL lots of 8802 styles including Cleveland and Ram. Only ONE real Wilson and that is a forged 600 Special. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

Yep and I am one of those even though I have thinned the heard some recently---- I think I have like 10 sets of Macgregor Blades alone not counting like 50 Persimmon Drivers. Ask @ John Smalls he has been in my shop before and has seen a drop in the bucket.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep and I am one of those even though I have thinned the heard some recently---- I think I have like 10 sets of Macgregor Blades alone not counting like 50 Persimmon Drivers. Ask @ John Smalls he has been in my shop before and has seen a drop in the bucket.

You were one of the people,I was thinking about when I made that statement.  You keep the vintage stuff and @Golfspy_CG2keeps the new stuff. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 8/6/2022 at 10:51 AM, Christof said:

Good day MyGolfSpy fans or followers.

I have a question about the Putter, I have the Putter; Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth: Shaft Straight, Grip: Ping Pistol PP60, 
Weight Distribution: Heel-Toe Face: Dual Durometer True Roll, Hosel: Single Bend, Alignment: Single Sight Line

1st I find the Pistol grip very good and comfortable, I have small hands.
2nd Face: Dual Durometer True Roll, I also like it.
3rd The club head I have trouble controlling with long puts, I play with the pin grip, which is better for me. My swing is slightly bent to straight. I have not fit or tested the 19.06.22 putter.
I have also played the Taylor Made Spider GT Rollback and Taylor Made Spider also felt good but have also played Odyssey Rossie was also good. Think something more stable look than the Ping Sigma 2 Tyne, I have read and watched so many test that I don't really know anymore. Yesterday I had an arthroscopy on my R hip and 4 weeks on crutches, golf swing is not immediately possible, putting will be fine after 4 weeks. Therefore I would like to ask you if you can recommend something on the forum or if you have an opinion. Maybe buy a 2nd hand putter and test it. I have a 3 metre putter mat from pure2improve and puttout mirror and port and Pressure Putt. I hope to learn more here.

Christof

I'd consider waiting until you are back to full strength before making any changes to equipment. 
Perhaps just research what you like the looks of while you are laid up. 

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

14 hours ago, Motoboss said:

Wow, that made it work, I have to read a few times to understand everything

Thanks
Christo

1 hour ago, Chester3488 said:

I'd consider waiting until you are back to full strength before making any changes to equipment. 
Perhaps just research what you like the looks of while you are laid up. 

Yes, I still have plenty of time, but I won't be able to play regular golf or matches this year, not matches anyway. Maybe by the time the season starts I will be used to the Pen grip or other grip, with the ping putter, no need for another putter.  While I am not allowed to play golf, I am researching and asking questions on the forum 🙂

Christof

9 hours ago, BIG STU said:

And I thought I was a putter Ho with about 100!!! Most of mine are not as nice or modern as yours. Mine are mostly Old Mac Ironmasters, Spalding T P Mills and Pings. I think the newest putter I may have is a Newer Lynx Black Cat 8802 style with an insert. LOL lots of 8802 styles including Cleveland and Ram. Only ONE real Wilson and that is a forged 600 Special. 

I have a bunch of the older stuff as well scattered around in old staff bags.  I like all putters but have slowed down as of late.  I have purchased exactly one putter in 2022 and have also only used one putter for all of 2022.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

14 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I have a bunch of the older stuff as well scattered around in old staff bags.  I like all putters but have slowed down as of late.  I have purchased exactly one putter in 2022 and have also only used one putter for all of 2022.

I actuall did a sorta straw purchase of a Ram putter 2 weeks ago. My wife was in Goodwill shoppng for work clothes since she went back part time. She always knows to look in the club section for Macgregors. She will usually take a picture and send me. In this case she did not because she knew I was on the course and do not carry my phone on the course. And she got it as sorta a surprise for me. It is a newer Ram nice modern finish sits like a Ping B-60. Really has great weight and has a stepless stiff as a telephone pole shaft. It is heavy as heck. I have not actually putted with it yet because I am trying to straighten my putting out with my Scotty and Bullseye. She gave $2.99 for it. I told her the shaft was worth that.

G

Try cross handed, look at the hole on long putts.

Driver: PXG 0211, A flex Evnflo Riptide (2021). And an old Callaway 454 TI (2004) on regular flex.

3 W: Callaway Steelhead Xr A flex Tensei CK 55 gram. The rest are Regular flex.

5 W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hybrid iron, GFF, even tho it is a hollow body iron.

6,7,8,9,wedge: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex shafts.

Gap wedges: 52 x 9 Mizuno forged S5, wedge shaft; 60 x 6 Mizuno forged T7, wedge shaft.

Sand: Old original Hogan Sure Out on Apex original shaft, probably 56 / 12.

Chipper:  (yep I carry a chipper) old Don Martin "Up n In" bronze? copper? 🙂

Putter: Just switched Jan 2024 to a Odyssey Stroke lab "R" Ball with the 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

28 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Try cross handed, look at the hole on long putts.

Hello Donn

Corsshands will try it once, is something new, with long puts look along with the ball to the hole, I was told it was not allowed/not good for control.

Greetings
Christof

On 8/7/2022 at 5:02 AM, Christof said:

Hey Motoboss

Yes, I try to tell it as well as I can, maybe often too much or too long.
For my irons and fairway I did a fitting, the Wilson D9 I paid 580€ in England and in Belgium I had to pay 899€ for the same set. The Taylermade fairway I bought in the shop another where I tested the Wilson D9. On the Taylermade I got 10% and 50€ discount, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it there in England it was cheaper, on Clubhouse golf you find very good prices and you don't pay any tax. The 2 fitting places I have been to were actually disappointing the pro's just stood there looking at me, if you asked for something it was just too much, that's why I asked on the forum. I have also said that to a pro at the local golf club maybe also the reason the grip has changed to provide more stability. At the local golf club you can't test equipment.
Now I have time to look on the internet and ask questions, on 05.11.22 I may go back to work. Is go to the Ping site when they have test days in Belgium, in the Netherlands in the Jumbo shops the fittings are free but not nearby. I do make good puts with the ping putter, the feel is not right the stability/shape/weight of the putter doesn't feel right, but I don't know enough about it to know what the problem could be, but it could be that the golfer himself is the problem 🙂. I am someone who does a lot on feeling maybe too much. 
Thanks in the meantime for the response.
Christof

@Christof -

Sometimes a putter, no matter how much you want to like it, just doesn't work for you.  As someone already suggested, maybe find a local free ping demo day and have them take a look at your stroke and then try the different type of putters they have.  If they don't have something you like in terms of feel and weight, then there are tons of other manufacturers out there that have a putter suitable for your swing...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

On 8/11/2022 at 1:28 PM, Christof said:

😃Are there golfers who have more putters? If you have been golfing for 10 or 20 years, how many putters do most people have? If the golfer is happy with the putter why change?

What do you mean by bullpen, my translator translates it to bullpen.

As golfers, we are always looking for that next big putter than can drop your handicap by a few strokes...it's always a quest for the holy grail 😀 While I don't have nearly as many putters as @Shapotomous or a separate room to house all his putters like @Jmikecpa, I do have a few different styles just to try.  Two of my putters are standard blade style putters.  Why?  Because if it's good enough for Tiger, it's good enough for me😂.  I also have a mallet style putter and a center shafted mallet putter just to get a different perspective on putting types.  But just like any equipment for me, I have to feel comfortable over the putter and like the swing so I tend to gravitate to blade style puters.  In fact, the putter I currently have in the bag is circa somewhere between 1997-2000.  It works great for me!

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

34 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

@Christof -

Sometimes a putter, no matter how much you want to like it, just doesn't work for you.  As someone already suggested, maybe find a local free ping demo day and have them take a look at your stroke and then try the different type of putters they have.  If they don't have something you like in terms of feel and weight, then there are tons of other manufacturers out there that have a putter suitable for your swing...

MDGolfHacker

Hey MDGolfHacker

Yes, I have seen a Ping fitting day, and mailed to a shop a 35min drive away, from the reaction of shop owner, is not about putters but everything else, about putters there was nothing in the mail, everything else is too far away.

I have emailed to decathlon, for more information, on the site it says one fitting costs 30€, is that for a full set of irons or each fitting 30€? the Inesis putters cost 99€. When you purchase the irons or set the 30€ goes off. Of the 99€ the 30€ goes off I have still done a good deal, if the putters suit me. No headcover included, can't find anything on the site. Would also be nice to be able to use the 30€ for something else as well.
In the Netherlands at the Jumbo shops the fittings are free, is also not short for me.

Christof

3 minutes ago, Christof said:

Hey MDGolfHacker

Yes, I have seen a Ping fitting day, and mailed to a shop a 35min drive away, from the reaction of shop owner, is not about putters but everything else, about putters there was nothing in the mail, everything else is too far away.

I have emailed to decathlon, for more information, on the site it says one fitting costs 30€, is that for a full set of irons or each fitting 30€? the Inesis putters cost 99€. When you purchase the irons or set the 30€ goes off. Of the 99€ the 30€ goes off I have still done a good deal, if the putters suit me. No headcover included, can't find anything on the site. Would also be nice to be able to use the 30€ for something else as well.
In the Netherlands at the Jumbo shops the fittings are free, is also not short for me.

Christof

Yeah, get clarification on the cost.  But, even if you are paying for it and get fitted to a putter that works for you -  think of all the fun you'll have when you're not 3 putting, or 2 putting but holing out putts from all over the green!  Small price to pay for a lot of satisfaction and lower overall scores.  But totally understand about being wise about spending your hard earned money!

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

20 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Yeah, get clarification on the cost.  But, even if you are paying for it and get fitted to a putter that works for you -  think of all the fun you'll have when you're not 3 putting, or 2 putting but holing out putts from all over the green!  Small price to pay for a lot of satisfaction and lower overall scores.  But totally understand about being wise about spending your hard earned money!

MDGolfHacker

I will see, I can still putt or play golf this month, buying something is out of the question, only to go to the supermarket, 2 more weeks to make ends meet. I still have to see what amount will be deposited on my account, the first 2 weeks of August are still from my employer, all the rest has to come from the health insurance fund until 05.11.22 maybe to go back to work. After so many weeks I don't know approximately, I still get 60% of my salary paid by the health fund. The hospital insurance pays the hospital costs and home nursing and medication. 

Greetings
Christof

On 8/16/2022 at 9:39 PM, Christof said:

I will see, I can still putt or play golf this month, buying something is out of the question, only to go to the supermarket, 2 more weeks to make ends meet. I still have to see what amount will be deposited on my account, the first 2 weeks of August are still from my employer, all the rest has to come from the health insurance fund until 05.11.22 maybe to go back to work. After so many weeks I don't know approximately, I still get 60% of my salary paid by the health fund. The hospital insurance pays the hospital costs and home nursing and medication. 

Greetings
Christof

On 8/16/2022 at 9:18 PM, MDGolfHacker said:

MDGolfHacker

Good day MDGolfHacker

I have had a mail back from Decathlon, the answer is quite interesting, make an appointment for September, see what it brings.

Hello Christof,

You can test all our available putters in the shop, free of charge. There is also a matching cover for all putters.

Kind regards,

Decathlon Antwerp