TESTERS WANTED! ×

Gloves

Christof

Hello

Are there any golfers who play with gloves without fingers? A Half Finger Golf Glove. I play without gloves, I play interlock grip, small had, with a glove on does not give a good feeling I can not grip my golf grip properly, precisely the material of the glove is in the way. In warm weather or rain weather a glove is useful.

Christof

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

I practice with a glove for callus prevention, but, I usually play without a glove. A glove to protect the palm of my hand would do the trick, but, it is easier to find full finger golf gloves, than, fingerless golf gloves.

10 hours ago, bellken said:

I practice with a glove for callus prevention, but, I usually play without a glove. A glove to protect the palm of my hand would do the trick, but, it is easier to find full finger golf gloves, than, fingerless golf gloves.

I have that feeling too, would only put on a glove to protect the palm of my hand or have more grip. I have found fingerless golf gloves but they cost me more in shipping costs than what the asking price is for the gloves, I have also only found them in America and it takes weeks for them to arrive. I have the Inesis Golf Glove WW which are very thin but I like to wear them, maybe my mum will make them into fingerless golf gloves. They cost 9€. There are more expensive brands on the market.

Christof

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

I have never seen a glove with our fingers. 

I use an interlock grip, have small hands and have never felt like the glove gets in the way of gripping properly.

I’m curious where the grip of the club sits in your hand?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I use an interlock grip, have small hands and have never felt like the glove gets in the way of gripping properly.

I have had some pictures taken of it, I also play with a strengthened grip, as they call it in Belgium, which is not always easy. is it possible that I am holding my hands too high, I am usually below the 2 bars, if I pay attention I am holding on to the Wilson sign? I have not tried to hold the club lower yet. When I want to hit, I take the club and sit it next to me and then turn my hand a little bit inside so that I can see almost 3 knuckles.
I have no idea how to rotate the photos on the laptop the photos are good. Hope it helps you and me too.

Sporting greetings 
Christof

20220809_214838.jpg

20220809_214440.jpg

20220809_214524.jpg

20220809_214618.jpg

20220809_214621.jpg

20220809_214745.jpg

5 hours ago, Christof said:

I have had some pictures taken of it, I also play with a strengthened grip, as they call it in Belgium, which is not always easy. is it possible that I am holding my hands too high, I am usually below the 2 bars, if I pay attention I am holding on to the Wilson sign? I have not tried to hold the club lower yet. When I want to hit, I take the club and sit it next to me and then turn my hand a little bit inside so that I can see almost 3 knuckles.
I have no idea how to rotate the photos on the laptop the photos are good. Hope it helps you and me too.

Sporting greetings 
Christof

20220809_214838.jpg

20220809_214440.jpg

20220809_214524.jpg

20220809_214618.jpg

20220809_214621.jpg

20220809_214745.jpg

It might be a fraction too high for you top hand and definitely too deep into the trail hand.

Most recommend on the top hand for it to be a little lower on your index finger and a little higher on the pinky.

For the bottom hand it should be in the middle part of the fingers

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

13 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It might be a fraction too high for you top hand and definitely too deep into the trail hand.

Most recommend on the top hand for it to be a little lower on your index finger and a little higher on the pinky.

For the bottom hand it should be in the middle part of the fingers

I watched the video, I took some more pictures, maybe now I'm holding the club too low. I don't see much difference with yesterday, maybe I'm extending my grip too hard for my left hand to set properly.

Christof

20220810_163556.jpg

20220810_162848.jpg

20220810_163606.jpg

20220810_163614.jpg

20220810_163625.jpg

20220810_163634.jpg

3 minutes ago, Christof said:

I watched the video, I took some more pictures, maybe now I'm holding the club too low. I don't see much difference with yesterday, maybe I'm extending my grip too hard for my left hand to set properly.

Christof

20220810_163556.jpg

20220810_162848.jpg

20220810_163606.jpg

20220810_163614.jpg

20220810_163625.jpg

20220810_163634.jpg

The left hand looks to be in a better spot. The middle knuckles of the right hand should be inline with the middle knuckles of the left

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The left hand looks to be in a better spot. The middle knuckles of the right hand should be inline with the middle knuckles of the left

I've already tried, I noticed that my grip is less strong and my left hand feels better on the club and right hand and arms are less tense, the way I feel is more pleasant. Can't remember anyone ever telling me.
That's great, thanks
Christof

4 hours ago, Christof said:

I've already tried, I noticed that my grip is less strong and my left hand feels better on the club and right hand and arms are less tense, the way I feel is more pleasant. Can't remember anyone ever telling me.
That's great, thanks
Christof

It’s not about feeling pleasant or comfortable and changes are going to feel weird. Pleasant isnt always right. The grip is supposed to be in the fingers not the palm or the base of the fingers on the trail hand

The hands are supposed to work together in the swing. 

18 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

It’s not about feeling pleasant or comfortable and changes are going to feel weird. Pleasant isnt always right. The grip is supposed to be in the fingers not the palm or the base of the fingers on the trail hand

It felt different. It may be that I put my right hand too slanted on the club, if I put my right hand/wrist a little more bent inwards, my knuckles are better under each other. I don't know how to explain it in English. I think I understand, I added 2 photos, you will see the difference, I can't lean on the right leg, doesn't make it easier.

Christof

Golf grip handen 11.08.22.jpg

Golgrip handen 11.08.22.jpg

On 8/9/2022 at 8:33 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Man where have you been?  My Old Man used to sell them in his shop but then again that was in the 60s and 70s. But to defer to you I will admit I have not seen any in the last 20 years unless they were in a Vintage golf bag I bought somewhere.

Note: Sorta off topic--- Back in the day early NASCAR racer Joe Weatherly (RIP) used to stop by and buy like a dozen each left and right hand. He would call either the Old Man or Step Mom a couple of weeks prior to the Charlotte races and make sure they had him some. He did not play golf but used them for driving gloves. Charlotte Speedway was 4 miles down the road. A "set" of those gloves are in the Museum in Darlington in his display. I told people that more than likely my Old Man or Step Mom sold those to him at one point

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 8/10/2022 at 6:06 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Correct and a lot of people do not realize that these days. If you go by grip fitting charts I am supposed to use at least a midsize since I wear a 3X glove. Nope I use standard because I hold the club in my fingers. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

• 7 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 12:43 PM, TwinMikes said:

I'm new to this forum and saw your post from last year about playing golf with gloves without fingers. I recently tried out the Half Finger from harmonycr.com and it's been great! It's allowed me to keep my grip on my club during warm and rainy weather. I know what you mean about the feeling of a glove getting in the way. But with the Half Finger Glove, the material is lightweight and breathable enough that I barely notice it's there. And since I'm using an interlocking grip, the glove still gives me the protection I need. I'd recommend giving these gloves  a try. It's a great way to keep your grip on the club in any weather.

Good day TwinMikes

Welcome to the forum, I looked at the gloves very intressant, you are also satisfied with them. But I live in Belgium and it's not affordable to send the gloves and shipping costs to Belgium from America for 105 dollars. I'm not going to specify that. Thanks for the tip

Christof