TESTERS WANTED! ×

Evnroll ER11v thoughts?

KevB_44

I am going invest in a good putter late this year.  I have been gaming a no name mallet.  I like what I see and read from Evnroll and the ER11v has caught my eye.   Don't know anyone with one so curious about thoughts?

• Driver-:titleist-small:- TSr3 9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

I’ve been playing an Evenroll ER7 for the last few years and I like it, but I also know it sets up just a little upright for me and I don’t hit it square. 

I went in to a Club Champion and tested an ER11vx on their Sam lab putting fitting computer/laser/camera. It was a good putter and we played with different neck combinations but I liked the look of the ER10 better so went that route.  I hit the Er11 just fine, just didn’t care for the alignment line. Personal preference. 

I think you have the right attitude about it being an investment. So try to find someplace to get fit. With that particular style the can use different neck combinations to really fit your particular stroke. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 4 weeks later...

After a decade or so with a Scotty Newport 2.0 I made the switch to Evnroll ER2. After hitting every putter you can imagine over probably a 6 month period it was an easy decision. Well maybe not easy at the time but in hindsight--easy. Putters are very subjective and I'm sure you will find someone on here that will vehemently disagree with this opinion however I love, love my ER2. I flew out to their studio for a fitting and also recommend that. I've been fitted by many people and I'm always shocked at how different the recommendation are. the final adjustments were very similar to my old putter that I think I more or less lucked into (that's another story) and I couldn't be happier with it

Untitled design-3.png

1 hour ago, knothead17 said:

After a decade or so with a Scotty Newport 2.0 I made the switch to Evnroll ER2. After hitting every putter you can imagine over probably a 6 month period it was an easy decision. Well maybe not easy at the time but in hindsight--easy. Putters are very subjective and I'm sure you will find someone on here that will vehemently disagree with this opinion however I love, love my ER2. I flew out to their studio for a fitting and also recommend that. I've been fitted by many people and I'm always shocked at how different the recommendation are. the final adjustments were very similar to my old putter that I think I more or less lucked into (that's another story) and I couldn't be happier with it

One of the best putter designs of all time for me. Though I ultimately favor the Bettinardi Studio Stock #8 for the feel and masterful milling and style,  and I’m now on the LAB Golf Df train for the no torque, I could happily use an ER2 or the ER 2.2 with the plumbers neck, forever. 

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

20 hours ago, ryan.mzzz said:

One of the best putter designs of all time for me. Though I ultimately favor the Bettinardi Studio Stock #8 for the feel and masterful milling and style,  and I’m now on the LAB Golf Df train for the no torque, I could happily use an ER2 or the ER 2.2 with the plumbers neck, forever. 

Funny you mention LAB. That is one of the only putters I couldn't try. It was number one on my list of putters I really wanted to test however being a lefty there isn't even a way to demo LAB. They do have the adjustable demo putter, but only in RH--or at least where I live. The golf equipment universe isn't kind to us lefties

Edited by knothead17

Untitled design-3.png

6 hours ago, knothead17 said:

Funny you mention LAB. That is one of the only putters I couldn't try. It was number one on my list of putters I really wanted to test however being a lefty there isn't even a way to demo LAB. They do have the adjustable demo putter, but only in RH--or at least where I live. The golf equipment universe isn't kind to us lefties

lab has labgolfoutlet.com for sales of factory seconds with normal performance but with some ‘scratch and dent’ cosmetic issues. If they have one available in your preferred length/Lie angle, it’s a cost effective way to try it out. I’m looking at a B2 scratch and and dent on there right now, that I definitely shouldn’t buy, but it’s my size, and $230 for labor day is a lot less than $600 custom built. They currently have a bunch of lefty’s on there as well. 

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

Roughly a year ago, I also made a decision to look at putters.  I had always been drawn to mallet-style putters and was never sure why.  As mentioned above, I went through a putter fitting.  My thought was I'd be better off finding a putter that matched my stroke versus changing my stroke to match a certain putter.  My mallet gamer at the time showed that I had a very strong arc path, moderate rotation, and I created too much loft on my stroke.  The results confirmed that I needed a face balanced mallet putter and that I was fooling myself that I had a straight back and straight through putting stroke.  We tried about 8 different mallets and converged on the Evnroll ER10.   The fitter adjusted the demo putter lie and face angle to my stroke and the resulting putting stroke consistency rose to 88%.  I purchased the ER10 Outback and it's been in my bag ever since.  

Overall, the putter fitting was worth it.  I validated why I always migrated to mallet-style putters and it proved that I didn't know as much about my putting stroke as I thought.  Like anything else, it takes a while to translate what I saw during my fitting to taking it to the course.  I've seen marginal improvement in my putting, but it's an improvement.  Good luck in your search!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I got fitted for an Evnroll putter about a year ago and  I love it.  My Spider putter would turn in when I was set up to the ball and I hated manipulating it to make it square.  The Evnroll is solid, sets up square, and it puts a great roll on the ball.  I will say the ball comes off faster which I like because you don't have to stroke the ball hard.  Highly recommend .  Also love the grip it comes with .

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

More of the same from me as well.

Got fit and the er11vx was the best of the large mallets that all fit me pretty well. Something about it just wants to stay square for me and gives confidence over the ball.

I will say the sound took some getting use to coming from an odyssey insert. 

I have been gaming the ER11v for about a year now and have nothing but positive things to say about it.  The quality is fantastic, I love the Gravity grip and it just fits my game really well.

I am rolling the ball end over end and hitting more putts than I ever have.

The only issue I can say is it took me a little while to get used to the speed on longer putts.  I have always had really good distance control but struggled a bit with consistency on shorter putts.  I think I strugged at first with distance because I had mostly played blade style putters so the weighting was a bit different than I was used to.  

Edited by Inferno2ss

On 8/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, KevB_44 said:

I am going invest in a good putter late this year.  I have been gaming a no name mallet.  I like what I see and read from Evnroll and the ER11v has caught my eye.   Don't know anyone with one so curious about thoughts?

get it!!! hands down probably the best putter I've owned. their technology is legit and you'll be way more consistent with pace and distance control

Jlo

I play the Evenroll 2 & it will NEVER come out of my bag. I use the conventional grip vs. the larger stabilized grip with the steel rod in the handle as that normal grip felt better to me.  I change clubs like people change underwear so it says something that the putter stays.  The tech behind the club is the real deal.  I switched from a L.A.B. Mezzo which I like but pretty lite - very stable as advertised - & also had the L.A.B. bonding iron style in a broomstick model.  Says something that I went from broomstick to Evenroll 2. 

Guerin Rife is the inventor of the original 2 ball  style, I think.  Evnroll is his newest company and I have only used one a little time in a retail store and they are top notch.  he does not pay pro golfers to use them tho.  If you can get a fitting, do it.  I use a wood Dave Musty and will eventually get a fitted either a new Musty or an Evnroll since I live a few miles from Evnroll HQ in SDiego area.  Learn about shaft length, shapes, lie angles, weight, etc. before you get fitted and then go for it.  Musty is in the LA area, Bellflower, and he also offers fittings by appointment.  every Musty is hand made custom job.  he is a cabinetmaker and golfer.

Driver: PXG 0211, A flex Evnflo Riptide (2021). And an old Callaway 454 TI (2004) on regular flex.

3 W: Callaway Steelhead Xr A flex Tensei CK 55 gram. The rest are Regular flex.

5 W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hybrid iron, GFF, even tho it is a hollow body iron.

6,7,8,9,wedge: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex shafts.

Gap wedges: 52 x 9 Mizuno forged S5, wedge shaft; 60 x 6 Mizuno forged T7, wedge shaft.

Sand: Old original Hogan Sure Out on Apex original shaft, probably 56 / 12.

Chipper:  (yep I carry a chipper) old Don Martin "Up n In" bronze? copper? 🙂

Putter: Just switched Jan 2024 to a Odyssey Stroke lab "R" Ball with the 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

Well I made the move....  Went to the PGA Superstore and can't say I tried everything, but I tried a lot.  While I thought for sure that I was going to walk out of there with a mallet (and most likely an ER11), it turns out that a short slant ER5v was the right fit.  I liked the Odyssey #7 and the Mizuno M-Craft product was nice, but the look, feel and performance of the ER5v could not be beat.  It is not inexpensive, but I went in knowing i was going to spend some coin and when you're going to make the move--make the right choice and I think I did (at least for me).  

• Driver-:titleist-small:- TSr3 9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

23 hours ago, tm2404 said:

More of the same from me as well.

Got fit and the er11vx was the best of the large mallets that all fit me pretty well. Something about it just wants to stay square for me and gives confidence over the ball.

I will say the sound took some getting use to coming from an odyssey insert. 

You mentioned the sound. Does it sound like a high pitch "ding"? I have the ER2 and if I miss the center I can really hear it. The sweet spot has a very muted sound. I know my miss is too high in the face and can correct when I get the "ping" or "ding" feedback. I don't know if the ER11 is that way 

Untitled design-3.png

10 hours ago, knothead17 said:

You mentioned the sound. Does it sound like a high pitch "ding"? I have the ER2 and if I miss the center I can really hear it. The sweet spot has a very muted sound. I know my miss is too high in the face and can correct when I get the "ping" or "ding" feedback. I don't know if the ER11 is that way 

That’s a great question. The sweet spot definitely has that same muted sound. When I miss the face it sounds more like a “click” but it’s probably just a personal opinion. I’m confident there’s a difference in the sound between the sweet and the rest of the face though.

I have an ER6R mallet that is sitting in my closet. After several years of gaming it I grabbed an ER2 and it fits my stroke better.  I love the ER6 but like the ER2 better. Could be persuaded to part with ER6.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 12:58 PM, KevB_44 said:

I have been gaming Odyssey Strokelab Seven putter for years, and just like you the Evnroll ER10 caught my eye, the size didn't bother me or back of the putter which people complain about that they couldn't get pass was not an issue. I was more concern how it roll and if it could dethrone my Seven Putter (at this time there was ZERO reason to change). But made the purchase anyway, compare both at the course putting green, and right away i notice there was a more consistent roll and confident stroke (I took that as new putter honeymoon).
After a month or so I notice that i was hitting the line with the same stroke but was coming up short, compare to the same stroke with the Seven. Did some further research and practice , that the because of the designed of the face, which no matter where you hit rolls the same distance, you need it to hit a bit harder on longer putts. Other than that, its the most consistent putter I have ever used.

A year later , I have had the best putting stats in years, better than my Seven.  

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag