Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What bounce for my lob wedge?

GolfSpy_KFT

I am going to be adding either a 58* or 60* lob wedge to my bag this year during my offseason winter months. I'm looking for opinions/feedback on both loft and bounce. I don't take deep divots and want something that is going to give me the most versatility for varying lies. I saw Taylormade just released the Hi Toe 3 and the 60 comes in a 7 or 10 bounce.

I've currently got a 44* PW  & 56* SW in the bag, and will probably add a 52* gap wedge as well. 

TIA for the feedback!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

38 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Try the online vokey wedge selector.  My guess is it will spit out the M grind for you

Also, your signature says you are playing Rsi irons.  The PW is 44, not 50.

Correct, a typo on my end! Thanks for the recommendation

#LeftyGang

I would suggest getting something between the 44 and the 56 before going with a lob wedge.

Whats the bounce on your 56? Before I switched to V soles I always tried to have my SW on the higher bounce side and lob wedge lower bounce to create more versatility.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 minute ago, revkev said:

I would suggest getting something between the 44 and the 56 before going with a lob wedge.

Whats the bounce on your 56? Before I switched to V soles I always tried to have my SW on the higher bounce side and lob wedge lower bounce to create more versatility.  

I am planning on adding the RSi 1 gap wedge to fill that big spot between by PW & SW. The bounce on my 56 is 12, so maybe going with something around the 7-8 range for bounce with a 60 would make sense?

#LeftyGang

18 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

I am planning on adding the RSi 1 gap wedge to fill that big spot between by PW & SW. The bounce on my 56 is 12, so maybe going with something around the 7-8 range for bounce with a 60 would make sense?

All things being equal I’d say, yes. With the proviso that it’s best to do a fitting/gapping. But since you asked the lower bounce 60 is a sensible starting place. 🤫

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

18 hours ago, revkev said:

+1 on that. I’m a firm believer in having the SW at a higher bounce and LW at a lower bounce. 

Just 2 weeks ago I ordered T22s in 55/13 and 59/5. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

@revkev @mikeanthony sounds like maybe I'd be best suited to do a wedge fitting somewhere? I'm a high handicap player, and I've read a 60* isn't always an easy club to hit. I hit my 56 better than any club in the bag currently. Thanks for your feedback!

#LeftyGang

I think it depends on the turf you usually play on and the bunkers around the green.  If the turf is fairly firm, you should be able to use a low bounce LW; if soft I'd go with a higher bounce.  Even with a shallow AoA, there is risk of digging if the bounce is too low; bounce is your friend.  Playing a LW takes considerable practice, but there is no reason a high bounce LW can't be played off firm turf either.  My Callaway 60º has 12º bounce with C-grind; I can hit it off a cart path.  

As for bunkers... low bounce would be fine for low-lip and firm sand.  I use my 60º for most bunkers around the green because we have very high lips... like 6 feet... and the sand varies from bunker to bunker.  Shorter shots... 60; longer shorts... 54.  BTW, my 54º has 14º bounce.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

23 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I think it depends on the turf you usually play on and the bunkers around the green.  If the turf is fairly firm, you should be able to use a low bounce LW; if soft I'd go with a higher bounce.  Even with a shallow AoA, there is risk of digging if the bounce is too low; bounce is your friend.  Playing a LW takes considerable practice, but there is no reason a high bounce LW can't be played off firm turf either.  My Callaway 60º has 12º bounce with C-grind; I can hit it off a cart path.  

As for bunkers... low bounce would be fine for low-lip and firm sand.  I use my 60º for most bunkers around the green because we have very high lips... like 6 feet... and the sand varies from bunker to bunker.  Shorter shots... 60; longer shorts... 54.  BTW, my 54º has 14º bounce.

Thanks for the information! The course I usually play is medium to soft, very rarely too firm because they water it ALL the time. Bunkers are also on the average side. Only hard or compacted if you're playing immediately after rain. Lips also aren't super high. The other thing I need to do is research the different grinds. I am very novice when it comes to understanding all of that as I've never played a wedge that's not in an irons set.

#LeftyGang

1 hour ago, Jnoble89 said:

Thanks for the information! The course I usually play is medium to soft, very rarely too firm because they water it ALL the time. Bunkers are also on the average side. Only hard or compacted if you're playing immediately after rain. Lips also aren't super high. The other thing I need to do is research the different grinds. I am very novice when it comes to understanding all of that as I've never played a wedge that's not in an irons set.

Vokey D grind. It has high bounce when you need it but is super versatile. I tried going back to the M grind recently and learned I prefer the D grind even on firmer lies!

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

Vokey D grind. It has high bounce when you need it but is super versatile. I tried going back to the M grind recently and learned I prefer the D grind even on firmer lies!

I second that.  I have an SM7 D grind.  It's the only club I use for greenside bunkers, and I am generally able to open the face out of the rough as needed.  Flops from tight lies occasionally go badly though.  In a perfect world I'd have a low bounce LW as well, but I can't sacrifice a spot in the bag for another wedge.   

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow XS

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver/2W 12.5*, Elements Chrome XS

Callaway Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI XS

Maltby KE4 Tour TC Hybrid 20*, KBS Tour Steel XS

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-SW, Project X LZ Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM7 60*/D

Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

50 degree gap is a better choice. Re lob, I have a 58 w/10 bounce. This works in sand with short shots, and hard & soft turf for full shots, which go 75 yds. Easy to skull so you need to understand it's capabilities.

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips

to JNoble:

when my short game (pitching & chipping) was not good with any wedge, I bought a Cleveland 60* (zero bounce), thinking a 60* could get the ball up (especially over bunkers).... (zero bounce because I had many tight lies).

I'm guessing with your handicap, that bounce will not be too critical.   average bounce should be fine.

I used the 60 for every shot less than 30 yards; never would I dare hit a full swing 60*.

When I finally built up confidence that I could hit consistently with a descending swing (rather than scooping), I realized all my shots were falling short...

my bag had a PW48* & SW56* & 60*.    So I bought a used Vokey 52* (8*bounce)....which has become my favorite club.   I tried to follow Pelz's methods.  But now I hardly use any other wedge, unless more than 60 yards.  then use PW or even 9i.   Your visualization of trajectory and roll out is paramount to mastering the short game.

IMHO, I suggest borrowing a 60 or buy a used or cheap 60, instead of paying $150+ for a brand name 60*.  Test to see if a 60 gives you the results you desire.

Also try a 52....   Then practice and practice.....    See which you prefer before buying retail. 

Good luck !!!

Titleist 915 D2

beryllium Ping eye2

Vokey wedges

Odessey 2 ball putter

1 hour ago, mywong23 said:

to JNoble:

when my short game (pitching & chipping) was not good with any wedge, I bought a Cleveland 60* (zero bounce), thinking a 60* could get the ball up (especially over bunkers).... (zero bounce because I had many tight lies).

I'm guessing with your handicap, that bounce will not be too critical.   average bounce should be fine.

I used the 60 for every shot less than 30 yards; never would I dare hit a full swing 60*.

When I finally built up confidence that I could hit consistently with a descending swing (rather than scooping), I realized all my shots were falling short...

my bag had a PW48* & SW56* & 60*.    So I bought a used Vokey 52* (8*bounce)....which has become my favorite club.   I tried to follow Pelz's methods.  But now I hardly use any other wedge, unless more than 60 yards.  then use PW or even 9i.   Your visualization of trajectory and roll out is paramount to mastering the short game.

IMHO, I suggest borrowing a 60 or buy a used or cheap 60, instead of paying $150+ for a brand name 60*.  Test to see if a 60 gives you the results you desire.

Also try a 52....   Then practice and practice.....    See which you prefer before buying retail. 

Good luck !!!

Thank you for the detail in this breakdown! I definitely need to address the gap between my 44* PW and 56* SW. I am planning on picking up the matching gap wedge for my iron set, but am intrigued by the Vokeys as well as the new TM Hi Toe 3. I typically use my 56 for everything inside 100 yards and can make it work for most shots around the green. Trajectory and roll out is EASILY my biggest challenge. Often times I leave it short because I’m afraid of skulling it, or I will skull it haha

#LeftyGang

16 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Thank you for the detail in this breakdown! I definitely need to address the gap between my 44* PW and 56* SW. I am planning on picking up the matching gap wedge for my iron set, but am intrigued by the Vokeys as well as the new TM Hi Toe 3. I typically use my 56 for everything inside 100 yards and can make it work for most shots around the green. Trajectory and roll out is EASILY my biggest challenge. Often times I leave it short because I’m afraid of skulling it, or I will skull it haha

The TM Hi-Toe and Vokey wedges are about as opposite as you can get in wedges IMO.  My Callaway PM Grind and the Hi-Toe are similar; people either love the high toe or hate it.  I love mine.  I have never gotten along with Vokeys, but my wife loves hers.  What I'm saying is that if you are selecting between these two wedges, be sure that it will do what you want it to do.  

And what is that... what do you want it to do?  If you use your 56 for everything inside 100 yards and it works for you, what are you hoping to gain with a 60?  The 60 will take a lot more practice to use effectively than your 56, and there is a lot more opportunity for bad shots.  You should be able to execute 98% of your short shots with your 56.  However, we all want to try new things, and there is nothing wrong with that!!  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

The TM Hi-Toe and Vokey wedges are about as opposite as you can get in wedges IMO.  My Callaway PM Grind and the Hi-Toe are similar; people either love the high toe or hate it.  I love mine.  I have never gotten along with Vokeys, but my wife loves hers.  What I'm saying is that if you are selecting between these two wedges, be sure that it will do what you want it to do.  

And what is that... what do you want it to do?  If you use your 56 for everything inside 100 yards and it works for you, what are you hoping to gain with a 60?  The 60 will take a lot more practice to use effectively than your 56, and there is a lot more opportunity for bad shots.  You should be able to execute 98% of your short shots with your 56.  However, we all want to try new things, and there is nothing wrong with that!!  😉

That’s good to know that they are polar opposites, all the more reason to hit multiples! The one thing I have a hard time with with my 56 is inside 50 or so yards. I do OK around the green, meaning I can get on, but I don’t have a ton of confidence in sticking it close to the pin. Especially on tighter lies. I’d like to have a club that say in that 50 and in range, I can use what feels more like a full swing instead of trying to take a bunch off and duffing it. Maybe that’s my brain just trying to get me to feed the addiction of trying new equipment, maybe not 🤣

#LeftyGang

31 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

That’s good to know that they are polar opposites, all the more reason to hit multiples! The one thing I have a hard time with with my 56 is inside 50 or so yards. I do OK around the green, meaning I can get on, but I don’t have a ton of confidence in sticking it close to the pin. Especially on tighter lies. I’d like to have a club that say in that 50 and in range, I can use what feels more like a full swing instead of trying to take a bunch off and duffing it. Maybe that’s my brain just trying to get me to feed the addiction of trying new equipment, maybe not 🤣

I never make a full swing with my 60, or for that matter, with my 54.  It's a recipe for disaster for me.  I am very comfortable with a left arm parallel in the backswing; much easier to control shots.  When I feel like I am outside my comfort zone of making a good shot, I go up a club.

If the majority of your shots with the 50 will be full shots, then the set wedge might be a good choice.  If you plan on using a 50 around the green a lot, you might want to consider getting a wedge that matches your SW and LW (if you get one) instead of getting the 50 to match your set.  These clubs are valuable in helping you score.  I've found that the GI/SGI irons with hot faces are difficult to control for bump and run chip shots; there's no feel to them and distance is hard to control... but that's just me.  Of course, you would need to get a wedge fit to give you the distances needed between your PW and your SW.

Best of luck in your search!!  

I went with the Mizuno T22s for the wet spin performance since I play mostly in a very wet and humid area. never tried any of the full /hi toe wedges.

Usually you want low bounce when taking full swing or playing from tight lies and/or dry grass. I use a 7 deg bounce on my 50 gap wedge with a full sole since I take more 3/4 to full swings with that from 110 out. My sandy is a 54 deg with 8 deg bounce and my lob is a 58 deg with 12 deg bounce that has a little bit more of heel and toe grind to give me the versatility around the greens and from softer or thicker grass. The grind relief with high bounce allows you to manipulate the club face more open/closed and still have access to the bounce resulting in less digging in turf with the leading edge. If your not sure exactly sure what you are looking for a 10 deg bounce with a little sole grind is your good all around best bet for different lies and softer turf.

Definitely recommend a wedge fitting.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

7 hours ago, RDel90 said:

I went with the Mizuno T22s for the wet spin performance since I play mostly in a very wet and humid area. never tried any of the full /hi toe wedges.

Usually you want low bounce when taking full swing or playing from tight lies and/or dry grass. I use a 7 deg bounce on my 50 gap wedge with a full sole since I take more 3/4 to full swings with that from 110 out. My sandy is a 54 deg with 8 deg bounce and my lob is a 58 deg with 12 deg bounce that has a little bit more of heel and toe grind to give me the versatility around the greens and from softer or thicker grass. The grind relief with high bounce allows you to manipulate the club face more open/closed and still have access to the bounce resulting in less digging in turf with the leading edge. If your not sure exactly sure what you are looking for a 10 deg bounce with a little sole grind is your good all around best bet for different lies and softer turf.

Definitely recommend a wedge fitting.

Thanks for the feedback! I would be taking 3/4 to full swings with a 50/52 and reserving shots around the green for my 56 or 60 if I end up going that route, so that is good information to know.  I find that even on a full swing with my 56 SW with 12 bounce, there are times where I hit it way too high and don't get the distance out of it that I want. 

#LeftyGang

51 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Thanks for the feedback! I would be taking 3/4 to full swings with a 50/52 and reserving shots around the green for my 56 or 60 if I end up going that route, so that is good information to know.  I find that even on a full swing with my 56 SW with 12 bounce, there are times where I hit it way too high and don't get the distance out of it that I want. 

That is most likely more related to your swing rather than the club loft/bounce. Stance could be too wide, ball too forward at setup or hands not getting ahead of ball causing you to scoop under the ball and hitting it higher off the club face. 

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

15 minutes ago, RDel90 said:

That is most likely more related to your swing rather than the club loft/bounce. Stance could be too wide, ball too forward at setup or hands not getting ahead of ball causing you to scoop under the ball and hitting it higher off the club face. 

You're definitely spot on with that assessment! 

#LeftyGang

I think that this spate of replies some of which are contradictory to one another is exactly why it's best to go for a fitting.  Fittings are applicable to all handicap levels.  In the end threads like this one often lead to more confusion than help.  What you will learn is all about everyone's favorite and they will often zealously recommend that for you and your game.  But what works for their game, what works for my game, may not and probably won't work for yours.  

Handicaps come in all shapes and sizes.  You may be a 20 because you can't keep your driver on the planet but your short game is more like a 10 - I don't know that.  I play a lot of golf with a guy whose a 23 - he hits the ball 30 yards farther than I do with fairly good regularity and a reasonable amount of accuracy.  Things break down quickly from there though.  The advice that I gave was very generic and would work for most people under normal conditions that most people face - but that may not be you.  And yes you could in fact struggle with a 60 but you might love one and hit it really well, it's very hard to say.  If you don't mind the cost and its convenient enough I'd go for a fitting if I were you.  Hopefully you would be able to see how you'd fare with a 60 at that and can take the advice of the fitter to help out in your decision making.  It could be that the 56 is more than adequate and it's best to add two wedges between the 40 and the 56.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

47 minutes ago, revkev said:

I think that this spate of replies some of which are contradictory to one another is exactly why it's best to go for a fitting.  Fittings are applicable to all handicap levels.  In the end threads like this one often lead to more confusion than help.  What you will learn is all about everyone's favorite and they will often zealously recommend that for you and your game.  But what works for their game, what works for my game, may not and probably won't work for yours.  

Handicaps come in all shapes and sizes.  You may be a 20 because you can't keep your driver on the planet but your short game is more like a 10 - I don't know that.  I play a lot of golf with a guy whose a 23 - he hits the ball 30 yards farther than I do with fairly good regularity and a reasonable amount of accuracy.  Things break down quickly from there though.  The advice that I gave was very generic and would work for most people under normal conditions that most people face - but that may not be you.  And yes you could in fact struggle with a 60 but you might love one and hit it really well, it's very hard to say.  If you don't mind the cost and its convenient enough I'd go for a fitting if I were you.  Hopefully you would be able to see how you'd fare with a 60 at that and can take the advice of the fitter to help out in your decision making.  It could be that the 56 is more than adequate and it's best to add two wedges between the 40 and the 56.  

From what I've gathered over the comments on the thread, looking at a fitting is about as best off as I can be. I enjoy getting feedback from different viewpoints as it just kind of works in my head to provide me with different data. Absolutely true that a club that works for one person may not work at all for another with how different swings are. I have to drive a little ways to do a fitting, but I think it would be worth the money to not only see what clubs would benefit me most but also to get the gapping done as well. All great conversation so far!

#LeftyGang

On 8/10/2022 at 9:50 AM, jlukes said:

...  I played the D grind down the road from jnoble in Chicago so similar Midwest conditions and I absolutely loved it. Insanely good from thick rough around the greens as well as plenty of sand in the bunkers. Moving to Phoenix with very tight lies, sandless bunkers and sticky Bermuda grass I had to go to a lower bounce 58*. Unless you are a skilled wedge player or play hard tight fairways with tight lies around the greens and in some cases basically hardpan, I think bounce is your friend and the more the better. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

5 hours ago, chisag said:

...  I played the D grind down the road from jnoble in Chicago so similar Midwest conditions and I absolutely loved it. Insanely good from thick rough around the greens as well as plenty of sand in the bunkers. Moving to Phoenix with very tight lies, sandless bunkers and sticky Bermuda grass I had to go to a lower bounce 58*. Unless you are a skilled wedge player or play hard tight fairways with tight lies around the greens and in some cases basically hardpan, I think bounce is your friend and the more the better. 

What do you do when you have all of the above? 

That’s the Florida dilemma of course. At least AZ is basically dry year round. Our conditions change radically between March and July - like 2 different places. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

2 minutes ago, revkev said:

What do you do when you have all of the above? 

That’s the Florida dilemma of course. At least AZ is basically dry year round. Our conditions change radically between March and July - like 2 different places. 

... It gets softer here in the summer as they change the grass and water constantly but not a radical change. Not as lush as the midwest or maybe Florida so the low bounce still works well in the Sumer here. That said, I still have my D grind so if I vacation or participate in an outing someplace lush, I have the appropriate wedge. Having an extra wedge is never a bad idea. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 8/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, Jnoble89 said:

I am going to be adding either a 58* or 60* lob wedge to my bag this year during my offseason winter months. I'm looking for opinions/feedback on both loft and bounce. I don't take deep divots and want something that is going to give me the most versatility for varying lies. I saw Taylormade just released the Hi Toe 3 and the 60 comes in a 7 or 10 bounce.

I've currently got a 44* PW  & 56* SW in the bag, and will probably add a 52* gap wedge as well. 

TIA for the feedback!

You've got a lot of options. 
I assume you plan to keep the 44 PW. 

I know you didn't ask this question but I'd go: 50 GW, 54 SW and 60 LW. 

BTW - The 60 TM Hi-Toe also comes in 13 degree bounce. (Which indecently is what I carry.) 

Personally, I love the TM Hi-Toe wedges. But wedges are a very personal thing. I know guys who hate them. Some prefer a more traditional look. In my opinion what every you plan to play out of the sand should be a hi-toe. Why not give yourself more real estate when playing from the sand? I believe it will add to your confidence. It does mine. 

One thing to think about is what the ground is like when you play. I play early AM a lot and the ground is often wet and squishy. So, I like more bounce on my 60 than most folks do. If you are playing off rock-hard ground and tightly cut fairways that bounce will likely hinder your off the tight, hard lies. 

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

19 hours ago, chisag said:

Unless you are a skilled wedge player or play hard tight fairways with tight lies around the greens and in some cases basically hardpan, I think bounce is your friend and the more the better. 

I couldn't agree more. 

13 hours ago, revkev said:

What do you do when you have all of the above? s. 

I know many folks who carry a low bounce 60 and a high bounce 56. 

I even know one dude who carries a low bound 58 and a high bounce 58. His next most lofted club is a 52.