TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Equipment Have You Tested?

GolfSpy_APH

If definitely sounds like something to try. That is a lot of members who have ried one it seems and the results appear to be in the right direction. The greens around here are always fast so making a lighter putter would help some and reducing the twist in the face on off the toe and heel strikes is interesting. I can see how that can alter a stroke on a toe balanced putter. That Accra shaft looks like a big upgrade for not so big money. Are the others the real deal for their price point? Example LA Golf, KBS, Stability etc

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, ProjectX HZRDUS Smoke Black

Titleist TSi2 18 Degree Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hexcel

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball 10 

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Titleist Pro V1x and Vice Pro Plus

On 11/22/2022 at 7:43 AM, cnosil said:

putter shafts have been a hot topic fairly recently.   If you really dig into putters, you will find that there have been putter shaft “upgrades” for a while.   Tiger used a head speed shaft in his putters and when they stopped making them True Temper made the YSC shaft which is a softer tipped steel shaft specifically for Cameron.  TP Mills was famous for the pencil shaft in his putters.   UST then created the Frequency Filtered shaft.  Since then manufacturers have created various shafts to better handle the heavier head trend such at the KBS CT putter shaft and the one step.   Graphite also has started to come to putters.  The odyssey stroke lab which was used to move weight out of the shaft and into the head and grip.    BGT and their stability shafts kind of started the big buzz with graphite shafts and all the manufacturers seem to be following suit:  LA Golf, PXG, Accra, MMT, Fujikura, etc.  have a shaft in the market.  UST is releasing a shaft this year that will be offered in more affordable Cleveland putters for minimal upgrade cost and the shaft is rumored to be on the $100 range if purchased aftermarket.   There are limitations in tip sizes, shaft bends, and over the hosel configurations unless the shaft leverages a steel tip or is specifically reinforced like the LA Golf SOHO design.  

The putter well in my bag seems to be a revolving door...I had just recently put the SC Jet Set back in the bag... and had a few marginal outings with it...   after a particularly good session on my home practice green (Birdie ball), I put the 2Ball Ten with counter weighted stroke lab shaft back in the bag for my last two rounds. Shot 67/74 - 6 Birdies over the two rounds - but more telling were some of the par putt saves.   I plan to give the putter proper respect by doing a full featured putter and shaft fitting before the start of next season - after all - it is the club in my hands the most over the course of a round... and also the only club I haven't been properly fitted for.   

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

4 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I plan to give the putter proper respect by doing a full featured putter and shaft fitting before the start of next season - after all - it is the club in my hands the most over the course of a round... and also the only club I haven't been properly fitted for.   

I'm trying to limit myself to a single putter and have been going through my putters trying to figure out which one to commit to or to ditch them all and try something else.   I keep reading about how mallet putters are supposed to be great and the majority of the top putters on tour use a mallet, but I seem to struggle with mallets.  My at home testing is indicating that I should be using a blade putter so maybe I will just  pick one of my blades and go with that.   Part of me wants to get fit and see if/how graphite shafts might help and to lock in on a design.   Part of me wants to rebuild my putting approach from scratch.    Basically I am a mental mess when it comes to putting right now and it used to be a strength of my game.  The time when I considered putting my strength was when I committed to a single putter so I know I need to commit.....but commitment is so hard when I see all the different putters.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

37 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I'm trying to limit myself to a single putter and have been going through my putters trying to figure out which one to commit to or to ditch them all and try something else.   I keep reading about how mallet putters are supposed to be great and the majority of the top putters on tour use a mallet, but I seem to struggle with mallets.  My at home testing is indicating that I should be using a blade putter so maybe I will just  pick one of my blades and go with that.   Part of me wants to get fit and see if/how graphite shafts might help and to lock in on a design.   Part of me wants to rebuild my putting approach from scratch.    Basically I am a mental mess when it comes to putting right now and it used to be a strength of my game.  The time when I considered putting my strength was when I committed to a single putter so I know I need to commit.....but commitment is so hard when I see all the different putters.    

I'm with you.

I always considered myself a "blade preferred" putter.  But I have really 4 in my rotation right now... two mallets and two blades.  Some days my stroke is magic with each of them... other days... well... not so much.  Most of my time over the past year has been with the Scotty Newport 2.5.  I really love the slant neck... which is why I tried the 2 Ball Ten, and it sets up nice and square for me usually.  I also have the Jet Set Newport 2 and most recently the LAB DF 2.1.  Which I really, really like, but haven't committed to it for longer than a round or two.  

It is possible I don't have the best putter for me... but I keep looking 🙂  and will see what a fitting tells me.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

• 3 weeks later...

Did a bag analysis at Modern Golf in Vancouver last week. Didn't make any changes, but enjoyed having the opportunity to go through my full bag with someone and get their perspectives and thoughts on my equipment, my swing, and how it all fits together.

The one thing that my fitter recommended is that the next upgrade I make is to a new iron set. Just for fun, at the end of the fitting he threw me into a Mizuno MP 223 7-iron with a Modus 105X shaft, which he figured would be a good fit for me. (definitely a nice ego boost to have a fitter tell you they think you should be in a players cavity iron with an x-stiff shaft!) It was a few degrees flatter than my current 7-iron, with 5 degrees less loft, but it was really nice to hit and I was really impressed with the results. I don't think there's any way I can convince my wife to let me buy a new set of irons next year, but maybe in 2024... 🤞

386750395_ScreenShot2022-12-14at4_47_21PM.png.5dff3143b97b2c481a04d5fd66acb9ba.png

1327096118_ScreenShot2022-12-14at4_32_53PM.png.e23506feb7ef424087397e44dc13d0c6.png576793158_ScreenShot2022-12-14at4_33_05PM.png.6d2ab77126f7baf9a954e2525c9d23ba.png

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

On 11/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, cnosil said:

L.A.B. maybe?

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

10 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

L.A.B. maybe?

Nope.  Have one, tried all the models except the Max and the Link during last years most wanted testing.  I am guessing I will be testing the new models next month during this years most wanted).   I put the DF 2.1 in my bag as it seemed to work in practice but I never got the success others found. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Nope.  Have one, tried all the models except the Max and the Link during last years most wanted testing.  I am guessing I will be testing the new models next month during this years most wanted).   I put the DF 2.1 in my bag as it seemed to work in practice but I never got the success others found.

Are you willing to part with the DF 2.1?

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

3 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Are you willing to part with the DF 2.1?

i am a putter guy so I am probably going to hang on to it.

Completely fair.

Nike VR Tour Staff Bag

Very much looking forward to getting home and testing some more clubs. Haven't swung a club in a while and it's really getting to me!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Did a bag analysis at Modern Golf in Vancouver last week. Didn't make any changes, but enjoyed having the opportunity to go through my full bag with someone and get their perspectives and thoughts on my equipment, my swing, and how it all fits together.

The one thing that my fitter recommended is that the next upgrade I make is to a new iron set. Just for fun, at the end of the fitting he threw me into a Mizuno MP 223 7-iron with a Modus 105X shaft, which he figured would be a good fit for me. (definitely a nice ego boost to have a fitter tell you they think you should be in a players cavity iron with an x-stiff shaft!) It was a few degrees flatter than my current 7-iron, with 5 degrees less loft, but it was really nice to hit and I was really impressed with the results. I don't think there's any way I can convince my wife to let me buy a new set of irons next year, but maybe in 2024... 🤞

386750395_ScreenShot2022-12-14at4_47_21PM.png.5dff3143b97b2c481a04d5fd66acb9ba.png

1327096118_ScreenShot2022-12-14at4_32_53PM.png.e23506feb7ef424087397e44dc13d0c6.png576793158_ScreenShot2022-12-14at4_33_05PM.png.6d2ab77126f7baf9a954e2525c9d23ba.png

Really want to do something like this soon. Just get professional eyes and have some fun with the current set. Nice to go in with 0 intentions of buying (key word intentions)

Do you think the few degrees flatter played a bigger part than the iron or shaft or something else? Significant ball speed increasw there

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Really want to do something like this soon. Just get professional eyes and have some fun with the current set. Nice to go in with 0 intentions of buying (key word intentions)

Do you think the few degrees flatter played a bigger part than the iron or shaft or something else? Significant ball speed increasw there

I think it's a combination of a few factors. My Radspeed irons (the red pattern) definitely have hotter faces and lower lofts, so I think that accounts for the ball speed loss. I think the different shaft impacted the dynamic loft more than anything else, given that the Mizuno has 5° more static loft, but only delivered 2° more dynamic loft. The lie angle probably accounts for the more left-biased dispersion on the Mizuno, but I also feel like that's something that can be fixed without too much trouble.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS