:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

They look nice.  The HL is an interesting addition to the series.

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

Gimmie all that HL goodness please, and thank you very much.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

11 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

US embargo makes it technically illegal

please explain how if possible. 

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

12 minutes ago, ryan.mzzz said:

please explain how if possible. 

On the forum we stay to the US embargo dates as will the main site. Companies such as Mizuno and others have been great to the forum in the past with testing opportunities and we would rather not bypass their embargo dates just because somewhere else they are available. Of course feel free to check out the japanese site and share thoughts as well as what you may want to buy or test, but in terms of photos and such again we will wait till the US embargo date passes and then it is open season!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

On the forum we stay to the US embargo dates as will the main site. Companies such as Mizuno and others have been great to the forum in the past with testing opportunities and we would rather not bypass their embargo dates just because somewhere else they are available. Of course feel free to check out the japanese site and share thoughts as well as what you may want to buy or test, but in terms of photos and such again we will wait till the US embargo date passes and then it is open season!

i get that. i was asking specifically about the word ‘illegal,’ as in, breaking the law. seems a little hyperbolic to me, unless i’m missing something. 

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Hmmmmm  didn't you just get new irons 

I got the Wilsons 2 years ago and my current ones I built in 2014, so no.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I loved my JPX 900 HM .. these look amazing .. you can see them on mizuno Japan Twitter 

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver Tensei AV Blue or  :ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:titelist-small: T300 4i-GW - Tensei AV Blue AM2 Regular Flex  or :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW Project X Lz 4.5 Regular Flex Graphite 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter - BGT Stability Tour Black shaft 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

19 hours ago, Middler said:

Why didn't someone post a pic?

[Didn't think restrictions applied to third parties since we can easily find, translate and read the JP site, but I've removed them, since I certainly don't want to create issues for MGS. I thought only official golf media was restricted.]

Yes, this is a forum, but it's part of the My Golf Spy site.  Do you not consider MyGolfSpy official golf media 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

19 hours ago, Jay2000 said:

Thanks for the info to the Japanese site!  I've been trying to find info on the 923 hmp's.  They don't show a 4 iron? Does anyone know if they are going to produce one? I don't hit hybrids or fairway woods, the 4 iron is my 210-220 yd club.  It would be a bummer if they don't make one. I guess I would have to buy 921 hmp 4 iron. 

Thanks

There is a 4 iron avaiable in the Hot Metal and HM Pro

And just for good measure, for those wondering about wedges.  There is a JPX 23 Series Wedge in 49, 54 and 59 available.   I assuming it blends with either the HM or HMP   The Forged PW is 42.5 so some might find that a bit big of a gap, but honestly for most amatuers, the difference between 5 and 6.5 degees is not going to be huge, especially swince wedges are not full swing clubs typically.

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes, this is a forum, but it's part of the My Gof Spy site.  Do you not consider MyGolfSpy official golf media 🙄

Of course I do. I meant MGS (official golf media) versus what any of us post.

I was just looking at the 923’s, and from the back every model, Tour, Forged, HMHL, HMP and HM look an awful lot alike? Obviously the sizes, metals, cross sections and forged v cast are different but it seems odd the HM looks so much like an oversized Tour…guess they’re big on ‘family resemblance.’

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

5 minutes ago, Middler said:

I was just looking at the 923’s, and from the back every model, Tour, Forged, HMHL, HMP and HM look an awful lot alike? Obviously the sizes, metals and forged v cast are different but it seems odd the HM looks so much like an oversized Tour…

As I go through the various most wanted testing each year; one of the things I notice is that all clubs look basically the same.  A little bigger here or there with some cosmetic differences but basically the same club.  There are also differences internally that we can’t see like how they are weighted.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

5 minutes ago, Middler said:

Of course I do. I meant MGS (official golf media) versus what any of us post.

I was just looking at the 923’s, and from the back every model, Tour, Forged, HMHL, HMP and HM look an awful lot alike? Obviously the sizes, metals, cross sections and forged v cast are different but it seems odd the HM looks so much like an oversized Tour…guess they’re big on ‘family resemblance.’

I get it.  But everything on this site is related back to MGS's HQ,, even though the forum is operated and run by members like you and me, we still don't publish anything on the forum that the main site wouldn't---in regards to embargo dates.

I agree on the badge looks of each model.  There is a slight difference I can tell in the Forged, but very very minimal, and most would't notice it at first glance.   The cutaways show a difference in the depth of the internal cavity, which is where I would assume the majority of the perforamce variances will be.

Haven't really seen any great comparisons of top line or sole, which is where you might expect the differences to be more notciable.

Going to be very interested in demoing the HM pro in a few months vs the pro 225. Really wish the sole was a bit smaller in the HM pro. Really happy with the 921, although cosmetically they do look and feel a bit chunky to me now. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I get it.  But everything on this site is related back to MGS's HQ,, even though the forum is operated and run by members like you and me, we still don't publish anything on the forum that the main site wouldn't---in regards to embargo dates.

I agree on the badge looks of each model.  There is a slight difference I can tell in the Forged, but very very minimal, and most wouldn't notice it at first glance.   The cutaways show a difference in the depth of the internal cavity, which is where I would assume the majority of the performance variances will be.

Haven't really seen any great comparisons of top line or sole, which is where you might expect the differences to be more noticeable.

There was one chart I was looking at yesterday listing the differences between the HMs, and the length differences was pretty stark between the regular Hot Metal and the Hot Metal Pro - I was actually surprised there was as big a difference in length (of head) between the two - almost 5 mm, with about .5mm top-line difference.  The Hot Metal and the Hot Metal HL (high launch? - this is new for this year, right? slightly larger head than HM, with 2.5 degrees more loft - kind of love that they're doing this) are pretty close in size, with the HL being the larger of the two (minimally).

I'd love to see the top-line differences, though, especially at address, as .5mm seems pretty subtle, but the 5mm length difference would be quite noticeable. I wish I had the game/wallet to justify the "Forged", as to me those are just perfection.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

55 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

There was one chart I was looking at yesterday listing the differences between the HMs, and the length differences was pretty stark between the regular Hot Metal and the Hot Metal Pro - I was actually surprised there was as big a difference in length (of head) between the two - almost 5 mm, with about .5mm top-line difference.  The Hot Metal and the Hot Metal HL (high launch? - this is new for this year, right? slightly larger head than HM, with 2.5 degrees more loft - kind of love that they're doing this) are pretty close in size, with the HL being the larger of the two (minimally).

I'd love to see the top-line differences, though, especially at address, as .5mm seems pretty subtle, but the 5mm length difference would be quite noticeable. I wish I had the game/wallet to justify the "Forged", as to me those are just perfection.

Yes I saw the specs yesterday on probably that same chart.  I didn't get into the exact differences in size on the length and width etc.  As i'm more of a wait and see visual type vs numbers on a chart.  My guess is it will look appropriately different for the target market of each iron, the HM being more of a GI iron and the HMP being more of a tweener, a players distance with a bit of forgivness built in.   

Yes, the Hot Metal HL is new to the line.  While I haven't seen it in hand yet, I assume it has the wider/larger sole and weight placed lower in the head.  Thus the reason for adding loft, wich is th eopposite of what most people would think of a SGI iron.   But as other OEM have done, most notably Cobra and Callaway have done with some of their SGI lines.   Where the GI lofts are actually a bit lower than the SGI lofts.  AS the SGI it's all about trying to get the ball in the air easier for those that need the help. 

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

There is a 4 iron avaiable in the Hot Metal and HM Pro

And just for good measure, for those wondering about wedges.  There is a JPX 23 Series Wedge in 49, 54 and 59 available.   I assuming it blends with either the HM or HMP   The Forged PW is 42.5 so some might find that a bit big of a gap, but honestly for most amatuers, the difference between 5 and 6.5 degees is not going to be huge, especially swince wedges are not full swing clubs typically.

Good to hear the 4i will be available. Set GW looks like it would be 48* in the HM & HMP which makes sense but I feel it would be a little bit hard to find 48* wedges if you wanted to go with another brand there. Cleveland and Callaway appear to stop at 50*, T22 has 46 & 50 but no 48. Seems to limit your options when you are looking to blend your irons into your wedges. Of course you could do some bending though.

Driver: :ping-small: G410 LST 9* +1 CB Alta Stiff

3 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 15* +1.5 B3

5 Wood: :titleist-small: TS2 18* +1.5 B3

Irons: :ping-small: Rapture 5i-PW (4i M.I.A.)

GW: :titleist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 52/08

SW: :mizuno-small: MP-T 56/10

LW: :cleveland-small: CG12 60*
Putter: :taylormade-small:Rossa Monza Spider

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black

17 hours ago, depan said:

Set GW looks like it would be 48* in the HM & HMP which makes sense but I feel it would be a little bit hard to find 48* wedges if you wanted to go with another brand there. Cleveland and Callaway appear to stop at 50*, T22 has 46 & 50 but no 48. Seems to limit your options when you are looking to blend your irons into your wedges. Of course you could do some bending though.

I bounce (no pun intended) back and forth on the set wedge v. specialty wedges... I am currently leaning heavily on the specialty wedge offerings (as you can see from my bag below), and am considering adding the 46* to remove my set PW.  For me... it is a shot-makers choice.  If I'm trying to hit varying shots by flighting or controlling the spin... it is specialty wedge all day... but if I'm looking at the wedge for one distance with the same shot shape every swing... I will opt for the set wedge.  At least that is my approach with the gap wedge currently.  Vokey has the 46* in their lineup as well FWIW.

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Haven't really seen any great comparisons of top line or sole, which is where you might expect the differences to be more notciable.

I would expect to see some differences in the offset for each model as well... difficult to see from the "other" site until we have the official release from MizunoUSA.  I would assume the "tour" along with the more traditional lofts than the HMP and HM, will be slightly more offset than the 223, and much less offset than the HMP  and so on... but just conjecture at this point.  

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Tiftaaft said:

I would expect to see some differences in the offset for each model as well... difficult to see from the "other" site until we have the official release from MizunoUSA.  I would assume the "tour" along with the more traditional lofts than the HMP and HM, will be slightly more offset than the 223, and much less offset than the HMP  and so on... but just conjecture at this point.  

Yeah, I think all those assumptions are pretty spot on.  I'm going back and forth with our rep to set up a time to meet.  Was supposed to be last week but he had to cancel.   Also waiting on the heads for our fitting cart but no estimated arrival on those yet.

Mizuno did a chart last year and I assume they will with the new ones, showing each head on a graph from say least forgiving on the far left to most forgiving on the far right with both the Pro and JPX lines accounted for.   I think it pretty much falls in line with what you mentoned above on offset specs and such.

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I think all those assumptions are pretty spot on.  I'm going back and forth with our rep to set up a time to meet.  Was supposed to be last week but he had to cancel.   Also waiting on the heads for our fitting cart but no estimated arrival on those yet.

Mizuno did a chart last year and I assume they will with the new ones, showing each head on a graph from say least forgiving on the far left to most forgiving on the far right with both the Pro and JPX lines accounted for.   I think it pretty much falls in line with what you mentoned above on offset specs and such.

This is fascinating to me - I didn't realize that the two lines had differing offsets.  So the 223 would be for someone who likes as little offset as possible, while the JPX Tour/Pro would have slightly more?  Is that catering to two different caliber players, or is it just preferential?  As my swing has gotten more mechanically sound and my contact gets better, I'm noticing more and more the offset in my clubs (not BAD for me, per se, but definitely noticeable), and I'm curious if the "JPX" line, in general, caters more to a specific player than the MP line does.

In my fitting, I hit the 919 Hot Metal, and it was hands-down the best-feeling club I hit in that fitting, but it was just slightly out of my budget at the time, so ended up with the Sim Max heads, which have done great for me over the last two years.  

It's pretty nerdy that I'm fascinated by this nuance, isn't it? You can say yes - I can take it.  🙂

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Here's the chart I was talking about, it's from 2020 I believe after the JPX21 line was released.  I think it will hold true to the current Mizumo Pro and JPX23 lineup as well.  With the addtion of the Hot Metal HL probably being slotted at the very top right after the Hot Metal.

For those who haven't followed the Mizuno naming convention going from MP to Mizuno Pro they would be

MP20 MB = Mizuno Pro 22

MP20 MMC = Mizuno Pro 223

MP20 HMB = Mizuno Pro 225

Mizuno Irons Handicap Chart Hot Sale, 56% OFF | www.playamazarron.com

1 hour ago, Samsonite said:

It's pretty nerdy that I'm fascinated by this nuance, isn't it? You can say yes - I can take it.  🙂

I think you have aptly described most of us here 🙂

Just to add a bit to @Golfspy_CG2 post above, there are a several factors that can provide the golfer forgiveness... including where the weight is positioned around the club head (lower weight distribution to help the ball get up - especially for slower swing speeds, and/or with less of a negative AoA).  Another of the methods to help add forgiveness is the offset.  You could argue that more offset is for higher handicap players, and lower offset for better players - and is true to a certain extent... but that isn't absolute.  Personal preference also plays a role.  But in general, more offset helps the golfer square the club face from open, so golfers with fade/slice or push tendency would find more offset helpful in straightening out the shot shape.  It also improves the launch by moving the club center of gravity back further... helping the ball get up in the air.  

I love the look of less offset personally, and I can better judge my club face "squareness" with less offset (or shape shots both directions easier)... which is why I love a blade.. (and don't get me started on the top line discussion ;)), and also why I chose my current gamers (they offered lower offset with a bit more GI aspects than a traditional blade or players club style).  Having said that,  I have also really enjoyed testing out some other higher offset irons recently - and more offset irons may find their way into my bag at some point (which is why I'm on this thread :)). 

Anyway, as a reference point, here is a run down of the current Mizuno Irons with the offset shown on the right most chart.  

image.png.103a4263c62900326f364dbfbbae1ae9.png

Now, let your nerdiness blossom 🙂

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I think all those assumptions are pretty spot on.

One correction to my own statement I realized after pulling the screen capture above... The offset for the "tour" looks to sit right between the blade and everything else... which now makes sense when I think about it.  That "tour" model JPX my be the best players club in the bunch.  Man, I can't wait to see the 923 in my hand!  CHA here I come.

Edited by Tiftaaft
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Okay, so the good news is, according to Mizuno's charts above, I should be playing either the 223, 225 or JPX Forged. 

The bad news is that, according to Mizuno's charts above, I should be playing either the 223, 225 or JPX Forged. 

I'll be right back - gotta go list a kidney on ebay.

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

8 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

One correction to my own statement I realized after pulling the screen capture above... The offset for the "tour" looks to sit right between the blade and everything else... which now makes sense when I think about it.  That "tour" model JPX my be the best players club in the bunch.  Man, I can't wait to see the 923 in my hand!  CHA here I come.

Yeah, I wasn't going to nit pick, especially wihtout having all the data right in front of me, I figured that was the case. But that's great info onthe chart.  I think I have that one is in our MizunoFitters site somewhere as well. 

And good comment about usually for higher caps but not 100% absolute, I wish I could remember who it was but there is a tour player--current--who has made no secret about it, that he actually prefers a bit of offset in his irons.  For some reason I want to say it is Kevin Kisner, but I am probably completely wrong on that. 

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to nit pick, especially wihtout having all the data right in front of me, I figured that was the case. But that's great info onthe chart.  I think I have that one is in our MizunoFitters site somewhere as well. 

And good comment about usually for higher caps but not 100% absolute, I wish I could remember who it was but there is a tour player--current--who has made no secret about it, that he actually prefers a bit of offset in his irons.  For some reason I want to say it is Kevin Kisner, but I am probably completely wrong on that. 

I know Adam Scott's one of one irons both from Titleist and now have more offset. That was common when he was younger to have more offset in blades is what he has said.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

21 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

I think you have aptly described most of us here 🙂

Just to add a bit to @Golfspy_CG2 post above, there are a several factors that can provide the golfer forgiveness... including where the weight is positioned around the club head (lower weight distribution to help the ball get up - especially for slower swing speeds, and/or with less of a negative AoA).  Another of the methods to help add forgiveness is the offset.  You could argue that more offset is for higher handicap players, and lower offset for better players - and is true to a certain extent... but that isn't absolute.  Personal preference also plays a role.  But in general, more offset helps the golfer square the club face from open, so golfers with fade/slice or push tendency would find more offset helpful in straightening out the shot shape.  It also improves the launch by moving the club center of gravity back further... helping the ball get up in the air.  

I love the look of less offset personally, and I can better judge my club face "squareness" with less offset (or shape shots both directions easier)... which is why I love a blade.. (and don't get me started on the top line discussion ;)), and also why I chose my current gamers (they offered lower offset with a bit more GI aspects than a traditional blade or players club style).  Having said that,  I have also really enjoyed testing out some other higher offset irons recently - and more offset irons may find their way into my bag at some point (which is why I'm on this thread :)). 

Anyway, as a reference point, here is a run down of the current Mizuno Irons with the offset shown on the right most chart.  

image.png.103a4263c62900326f364dbfbbae1ae9.png

Now, let your nerdiness blossom 🙂

It's the same for me... some offset definitely helps me hit it straighter, but too much and my alignment gets wonky and it does more harm than good.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Just now, GolfSpy_BOS said:

It's the same for me... some offset definitely helps me hit it straighter, but too much and my alignment gets wonky and it does more harm than good.  

Yep, exactly for me.  Somethng like the Callaway Rogue, I couldn't stand to look at.  But the Titlesit T300 for a GI or the PXG 0311 XP are not offensive at all...to me at least. 

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to nit pick,

I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to nit pick myself 🙂.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1