Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Mizuno JPX 923

GolfSpy TCB

Picked up on the comment from Mizuno that 923 will have slightly higher bounce and camber. That would likely work for me.....really well to enhance feel through the ball! I'm the steeper guy.

Driver - Titleist TSi3 9.0  (Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0)

3 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 15 (Ventus Blue 7S)

5 wood - TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19 (Ventus Blue 7S)

Irons - Titleist T100s 4-PW + 49 (KBS $-Taper)

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 54D (KBS 610) & 58M (KBS 610)

Putter - Titleist Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 11.5

Ball - Titleist Pro V1 & Taylormade Tour Response (Blue/Pink Stripe)

I'm a big Mizuno fan (JPX 800 Pro through JPX 921 HM Pro). But I'm not crazy about the incremental loft changes we're seeing lately. When I started gaming the 921s, it took a full season to adjust mentally to looking down at my 8 iron, but seeing a 7 iron loft. I wouldn't bother going through that frustrating experience again. But that's exactly what Mizuno did again with these new irons. This can't be good for customer experience. In fact, the rate of change is increasing! I don't get it.

JPX 919 ~ 9 iron = 40 degrees

JPX 921 ~ 9 iron = 39 degrees

JPX 923 ~ 9 iron = 37.5 degrees

image.png.27ee30d2d69f473af9be3cd9a67495fc.png

image.png.77ab900fc7e16802b1841df74d9b6116.png

image.jpeg.966132715688e0490132701c338cecca.jpeg Burner 2.0 Woods TP X-Stiff

image.jpeg.83be7ecd5878ca80a99a5f1f3fbc9583.jpeg JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-LW

image.jpeg.f58634f0177e78792743b7cddf3d6a64.jpeg Versa #1

2 hours ago, Middler said:

After 58 years using forged irons exclusively, for feel mostly, I may buy GI this time around and let the club do more for me.

I played blades forever, then switched to forged cavity backs last year, and I recently have been doing some personal testing with cast GI's and I have to say... my eyes are starting to open on them... 

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

I'm a big Mizuno fan (JPX 800 Pro through JPX 921 HM Pro). But I'm not crazy about the incremental loft changes we're seeing lately. When I started gaming the 921s, it took a full season to adjust mentally to looking down at my 8 iron, but seeing a 7 iron loft. I wouldn't bother going through that frustrating experience again. But that's exactly what Mizuno did again with these new irons. This can't be good for customer experience. In fact, the rate of change is increasing! I don't get it.

JPX 919 ~ 9 iron = 40 degrees

JPX 921 ~ 9 iron = 39 degrees

JPX 923 ~ 9 iron = 37.5 degrees

I've always compared 7 irons, and that doesn't look quite as "crazy?"

JPX 919 ~ 7 iron = 30 degrees

JPX 921 ~ 7 iron = 29 degrees

JPX 923 ~ 7 iron = 28.5 degrees

Once you get up into near wedges, like the 9 iron, club makers are stuck as they're not going to market stronger loft wedges? So comparing 9 irons may not be the best measure? Just my guess.

And lofts didn't change at all from 921 to 923 for 4/5/6 irons so you have to look at more than one iron loft.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

7 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

IMHO the answer to your questions is ... "yes".  

Swings are like snowflakes.  What setup works for one, doesn't work for another.  I see value in stronger lofts and lower CG for some swings, and higher lofts with higher CG for others... and of course in the case of the HMHL - higher lofts with lower CG for another subset of swingers.  I can only imagine the towering shots produced by high swing speed players with that low CG... in fact there was a video of some tour players testing out the T200 last year that talks about that... 

I think the advantage of the HL is maximizing carry, where the stronger lofts obviously are intended to maximize total distance - especially for slower swing speeds.  The HMHL is an intriguing option, and I think it is one that will be met with skepticism early, but will probably find the way into many Amateur bags in the next year.  I have gone full circle on what I want from my irons, with my slowing swing speed with each passing week it seems.  I started wanting total distance with a low bore flight.  But if I'm trying to play to pins more, or even to the correct half of the green... I'm finding I would rather have confidence in my carry distance consistency, and the ability to stop the ball on the green... enter the HMHL as a viable option.

And here is the key... everything I said above is how I would approach a new set of irons for MY SNOWFLAKE.  

I think we have also seen that in the SGI category like Ceveland HiBore and Cobra's Max line have kept the lofts high since those players with the slowest speeds don't get enough height even with the hotter faces and lower CGs. Ultimately I think it is just as you said, giving an option to those that can't get enough height on the HM or just want that height, now is an option without trying to end what is likely a tough club to move.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, Middler said:

I've always compared 7 irons, and that doesn't look quite as "crazy?"

Fair enough, though my first set of Mizuno was the JPX 800 Pro and that 7 iron was 33 degrees. Back then the 6 iron was 29 degrees. That said, the new 7 iron in the 923 set up is 28.5 degrees. So the new 7 iron is stronger than my old 6 iron. Granted, I'm not getting any younger, and so it's almost like my clubs are compensating for my age, but still it really feels weird knowing that I'm holding a 7 iron with the right length shaft, but looking down at a club, I see something stronger than a 6 iron. As such, it really did take me an entire golf season to make the adjustment. For what it's worth, I love my 921s. Best clubs I've ever gamed.

image.png.8d59cc5a6c9efc4709747986d90899f3.png

image.jpeg.966132715688e0490132701c338cecca.jpeg Burner 2.0 Woods TP X-Stiff

image.jpeg.83be7ecd5878ca80a99a5f1f3fbc9583.jpeg JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-LW

image.jpeg.f58634f0177e78792743b7cddf3d6a64.jpeg Versa #1

For me, stronger lofts have meant having fewer irons and more wedges. I just picked up a set with a 27 degree 7 iron. I don’t even bother putting the 5 and 6 irons in the bag. I bought them used. If I was ordering a new set, I would just buy 5 irons. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 9/27/2022 at 7:00 AM, Butterworth said:

Took me awhile to get used to 921s.even took 5i out of bag for a time. Would not trade for anything else. Was fitted and at 74 these will probably my last new irons. Oh by the way there gorgeous. Hdc.3.6

I’m 75 (very soon76) and looking serious at the 923.  Maybe my last iron purchase also but I’ve said that more than a few times.  
Looking at a fitting when local golf shop gets their fitting cart with the LH irons.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I did the thing I should have done and went to a store and got fit. The fitter was actually pretty solid, had a good dialog. Hit the HM and HM HL the best. The added loft of the HL was good, definitely hit them higher, launch angle was higher and peak height was higher. 

I was swinging the 7 iron at about 85 mph after i was warmed up, so the fitter said speed is not my issue as it relates to launch angle and peak height. He was leaning towards standard Hot Metal but bent weak, 1 to 2 degrees. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I did the thing I should have done and went to a store and got fit. The fitter was actually pretty solid, had a good dialog. Hit the HM and HM HL the best. The added loft of the HL was good, definitely hit them higher, launch angle was higher and peak height was higher. 

I was swinging the 7 iron at about 85 mph after i was warmed up, so the fitter said speed is not my issue as it relates to launch angle and peak height. He was leaning towards standard Hot Metal but bent weak, 1 to 2 degrees. 

You’re a lot younger with faster swing speed than me.  I’m thinking the HL will be my iron if choice.  The only reason I’m going for a fitting will be the shaft options for an Ole Fart like myself.  My 2nd concern will be what irons I need 6 thru GW or even 7-GW.  My 6 hybrid has been pretty good.
I remember the day when my set was 3-PW!!! 
Don’t get old Grasshoppers!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, Rickp said:

You’re a lot younger with faster swing speed than me.  I’m thinking the HL will be my iron if choice.  The only reason I’m going for a fitting will be the shaft options for an Ole Fart like myself.  My 2nd concern will be what irons I need 6 thru GW or even 7-GW.  My 6 hybrid has been pretty good.
I remember the day when my set was 3-PW!!! 
Don’t get old Grasshoppers!!!

The HL irons are great, not just for slower swing speeds. I was closely considering the HL, but think I am going to go with the standard HM bent weak. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

On 9/27/2022 at 12:22 PM, Samsonite said:

Okay - here's my next question.  So, I'm definitely not the market for the HMHL - driver is between 99-101, typically.  But: why wouldn't someone like me look at the HL?  I mean, I don't mind the loft being more "traditional", it's something I've been looking at anyway, since I'd rather get consistent distance control than sometimes hitting a 185 yard 7-iron (Sim Max to the rescue?) and other times hitting it 170...  I guess I'm wondering why the high launch would be a bad fit for someone with faster swing speeds - would the ball just spin up too much?  Go "too high" (shout out to Major League)?  How much different would the HL (at 31) be from, say, a MP225/223 at 32 (recognizing fully that those are not nearly as chunky - I'm just spit-balling here)?  

I'm guessing that my swing speed is sufficient to get the desired height from the HM/Pro model, and therefore that would be the better fit, I'm just not sure I need to be hitting a 28.5 degree 7-iron.  

Sincerely,
Confused in Santa Clarita

You should watch the video Ian did with Chris Voshall on the entire lineup.   Ian won’t a 92 mph 7 iron swing speed was having fun with the HL.  But his results were very playable.  He loved the spin and stopping power he was getting. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Took our fitting cart and Swing DNA out to fit myself for the HL.   That thing is really smart.  2 of the 3 irons it suggested for me are irons I have been fit into before. One of them just 4 months ago.   The third is a brand new shaft from KBS.   But it replaces one I was fit onto before.   It’s such an easy and accurate Device.  

i encourage anyone that is able to ask their fitter to use it, to do so.  We have used it for non Mizuno fittings …sush don’t tell 😬

I really liked what o was seeing out of the HL.  So I ordered the 5-SW with the KBS.I love my vokeys.  But I’m curious what it’s 55\12 sand wedge will play like.  

here’s my DNA results. 

84826F0F-231B-46CA-91B5-67200704B1EF.png

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Took our fitting cart and Swing DNA out to fit myself for the HL.   That thing is really smart.  2 of the 3 irons it suggested for me are irons I have been fit into before. One of them just 4 months ago.   The third is a brand new shaft from KBS.   But it replaces one I was fit onto before.   It’s such an easy and accurate Device.  

i encourage anyone that is able to ask their fitter to use it, to do so.  We have used it for non Mizuno fittings …sush don’t tell 😬

I really liked what o was seeing out of the HL.  So I ordered the 5-SW actually. I love my vokeys.  But I’m curious what it’s 55\12 sand wedge will play like.  

here’s my DNA results. 

Well did you go Modus or steelfiber?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

47 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Well did you go Modus or steelfiber?

Yeah I forgot that detail.  Ha.  I went with the KBS.  I think a 95g weight is my wheelhouse.  All three had very similar results.  

And our Lead Instructor who was watching me for a 3nd set of eyes said they all looked good to him.  So it wasn’t worth the upcharge to SF and Modus being a few grams heavier and about 8 grams above my ideal I I felt the KBS would be best.   I also have payed the KBS Tour 90 in a few sets in the past as well as C Taper Lt…but that is up in the 110 range and that was 5 yesrs or so ago. 

That Optimizer ALWAYS shows Steelfibers as a fit, regardless of the fact that it feels like crap for the majority of people.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I really liked what o was seeing out of the HL.  So I ordered the 5-SW with the KBS.I love my vokeys.  But I’m curious what it’s 55\12 sand wedge will play like.  

I’ve done the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer 3D twice, and I’d recommend it as well. Not a replacement for a quality fitting, but it will point most people in the right direction. You could buy any of the top three recommended shafts and not be too far from well fit.

Even if you may buy another brand of irons, I’d do the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer anyway.

ST-4-2.jpg

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

2 hours ago, MattF said:

That Optimizer ALWAYS shows Steelfibers as a fit, regardless of the fact that it feels like crap for the majority of people.

i've been playing Steelfibers for so long (almost a year is a long time in my book), that i almost forgot that shafts can have feel lol. 

Updated 07/15/2022

12 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

here’s my DNA results. 

From yesterday, my best shaft didn't end up being one that was in the top 3, but i would say it is similar in nature to the others in the top 3 (i.e. lightweight steel, mid to upper 90 grams, "higher" launching, etc.), so i would consider Mizuno getting it right for me. I didn't get recommended any of the graphite shafts like you had in the list above, but all the others listed for you were in about my top 5. 

Updated 07/15/2022

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You should watch the video Ian did with Chris Voshall on the entire lineup.   Ian won’t a 92 mph 7 iron swing speed was having fun with the HL.  But his results were very playable.  He loved the spin and stopping power he was getting. 

I did! I loved it - that's what has me a little confused, ultimately.  Seems like these things (other than being "chunky") seem to be pretty amazing - they launch it HIGH, stopping power for days, no real distance drop-off (even given the weaker lofts) - I guess I'm just wondering why a mid-handicapper (I mean, I'm a 12 - does that count as "mid") wouldn't think about putting these things in the bag.  I do understand if you were playing in a lot of windy conditions they may not be the best option - I guess there really is a thing with "too high" being a problem.  

The "look" of the HM Pro definitely has me intrigued - especially if bent slightly weaker (say, 30 degree 7-iron) - but I'm in Sim Max irons now, so I'm guessing the "chunk" of the HL's wouldn't be any kind of shock to my system, lol.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

8 hours ago, MattF said:

Not in our case,it rarely comes up. We get recoil a lot.  I actually like the feel of it, it fits my aggressive transition which quickly becomes "moderate" speed 🙂

7 hours ago, Middler said:

I’ve done the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer 3D twice, and I’d recommend it as well. Not a replacement for a quality fitting, but it will point most people in the right direction. You could buy any of the top three recommended shafts and not be too far from well fit.

Even if you may buy another brand of irons, I’d do the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer anyway.

ST-4-2.jpg

Yeah, correct.  It's not meant by any means to repalce a quality fitting.  It's actually the starting point in a quality fitting, well starting after the fitter has done an interview with the palyer to get a feel for his game etc.  It saves us from "guessing" which of the 40 or so shafts on hand might work.  Often times if a player has been fit before, one of the choices will be something he's played and the others may be ones he heard about or wondered about. 

8 hours ago, MattF said:

Hasn’t come up in either session I had with Shaft Optimizer and a predecessor. In my case the Recoil 95 was the first graphite shaft that came back, though well down the list. I doubt “ALWAYS” or even often is true, where did you get that?

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

15 hours ago, Middler said:

Hasn’t come up in either session I had with Shaft Optimizer and a predecessor. In my case the Recoil 95 was the first graphite shaft that came back, though well down the list. I doubt “ALWAYS” or even often is true, where did you get that?

The Mizuno rep for NEO that fitted me said he sees it all the time and wouldn't recommend it for anyone. It was the first shaft listed for me when we did my fitting.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I would like to see one or two more offerings in light weight (50 to 75g) graphite for us old farts. 

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

4 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

I would like to see one or two more offerings in light weight (50 to 75g) graphite for us old farts. 

they have UST MAMIYA RECOIL ESX GRAPHITE

Updated 07/15/2022

6 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Like these?

B1166CFD-5048-4665-BE90-1DCBAE0AE26C.jpeg

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

On 9/29/2022 at 7:09 AM, MattF said:

It’s why hitting the shafts are a must and even more so a fitting. The tool is a starting point to narrow down potential shafts.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

6 hours ago, MattF said:

The Mizuno rep for NEO that fitted me said he sees it all the time and wouldn't recommend it for anyone. It was the first shaft listed for me when we did my fitting.

Curious why he said he never Recommends it.   I have them in my OXf and they are great I always steered away from them thinking they were too “stout” “boardy” or “harsh” for me.  But the results of them in my PXG fitting were amazing in terms of dispersion and differential.    I think like any shaft it’s important to get weight correct.  In the right weight for a golfer. I think it’s a great option.  Albeit an expensive one. 

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Like these?

B1166CFD-5048-4665-BE90-1DCBAE0AE26C.jpeg

I am aware of those.  I would like to see a couple of other choices.  Perhaps KBS and MMT.

14 of the following:

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS