Unexpected lecture at driving range..

Bang60

My Spinter is getting the rear transmission bracket replaced so went to the range, arrive early so wait awhile to get in and I’m first so get any lane I want. One of the owners starts complaining about me being rude from my first visit 3-4 years ago and how he tried to help me but not anymore, because I got advice from him but went to eBay. He tried to sell me a xxli driver that was very light and I was slicing like crazy so I said no. Anyway he raves on for 10 mins and this is after I’ve paid for a 100 balls so I walked to my bay and of course I’m pissed and can’t hit but rubbish, a waste of $16 nz and when I leave he says “truely” and shakes my hand  yeah whatever… it’s far cheaper to buy on eBay than buy from any store in NZ, near half price so I told him I tried stealth and only 5 metres more carry and he said most people are happy with that. I’m difficult because I want a new driver to be much better than my Sim, so is 5metres good enough for you it’s not good for me???

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I'm sorry to hear about this - who knows why the guy is acting like that - perhaps its been a rough time for him due to COVID?  Certainly his attitude isn't going to help increase his sales especially if he's at a higher price point.

All things being equal, ie. dispersion and consistency being the same, 5 meters or yards would be worth it to me.  In fact I did trade in my G410 for a Stealth and have gained 5 yards per shot scope.  I bought the Stealth at a demo day for $450 and sold the G410 for $325 on ebay (maybe one of your mates bought it :))  So for me it wasn't 550 US for the 5 yards, it was $125 which was well worth it IMO.  I also think the Stealth is more forgiving than the G410 or the SIM 2 that I was gaming.  

Regardless the SIM is a great driver, if you are comfortable with it, I say grip it, rip it and have fun.  

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

2 hours ago, revkev said:

So for me it wasn't 550 US for the 5 yards, it was $125 which was well worth it IMO.  I also think the Stealth is more forgiving than the G410 or the SIM 2 that I was gaming.  

Regardless the SIM is a great driver, if you are comfortable with it, I say grip it, rip it and have fun.  

Absolutely $125 change over I'm good with that, I bought new and sold used after hitting 100 balls with small profit. I have the CallyC4 carbon driver 8* firm shaft but can't get much out of it either, I think maybe your right business is slow over Covid etc or wifey gave him the cold shoulder lol so I didn't make a big deal out of it just not wasting my energy..

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…