TESTERS WANTED! ×

Most Wanted: Best Golf Bags Push/electric carts combo!

https://mygolfspy.com/best-golf-bags-push-electric-carts-combo/

Another most wanted has been published! One that is very interesting to me as we have Stewart Golf member test upcoming and can use to see what they think as well.

What are your favorite combo? What combo do you currently use?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I'm a ClicGear 3.5 user and as they are essentially the Tank of the golfing world I like them. Reliable, sturdy and just work. Yes they are heavy and don't always have the greatest maneuverability, but hard to argue with something that just works. For my bag I use a OGIO goliath (I may be wrong with the name) its been my cart bag for the last 6 years? Its a great weather resistant bag with ample space and very light weight. The combo of the two makes for a good walking/pushing experience. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

i have the big max blade quattro + big max silencio 2, soon to be aqua sport 3. 

the 4 wheel blade quattro is amazing, and the silencio does it’s main job of keeping my bag clack free on the course without having to use clubhead covers on my irons, and its bottom slots into the cart for a super secure connection. i’d give the cart 10/10 for spectacular engineering and function and the bag 8/10 since the pockets could be better designed.

If I had to buy a cart today, it would be whatever big max can be fitted with the alphard booster. 

Edited by ryan.mzzz

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

I have a bagboy pull cart. Nothing fancy with just two wheels. I don't walk that often so I didn't need anything fancier than a base model pull cart. Currently have an sun mountain 5 bag. Gave the bagboy to my daughter who uses it in conjunction with a Cobra bag for her high school golf tournaments. Still need to figure out how to prevent the bag from twisting while in the pull cart. If I tighten the straps anymore, I'm going to ginsu the bag in half 😁😂🤣

MdGolfHacker 

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

... After using my ZIP Navigator for a year and having bags slip off the base from time to time, I bought the MGI bag that locks into the ZIP base. Now it is very stable and it's one less thing to worry about. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... After using my ZIP Navigator for a year and having bags slip off the base from time to time, I bought the MGI bag that locks into the ZIP base. Now it is very stable and it's one less thing to worry about. 

Interesting that bag slip seems to be a theme amongst several here and others I've spoken to. It honestly isn't anything I've ever even thought about. With the Clicgear its never been a issue and things are pretty tight overall, same goes for other bags and carts i've used. At least it is something to keep in mind if I go and purchase a different cart in the future!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Interesting that bag slip seems to be a theme amongst several here and others I've spoken to. It honestly isn't anything I've ever even thought about. With the Clicgear its never been a issue and things are pretty tight overall, same goes for other bags and carts i've used. At least it is something to keep in mind if I go and purchase a different cart in the future!

... The nice thing about an electric cart is you can load it up without worrying about weight. I usually carry two 42oz water bottles and with one in the bag it tends to pull that way. So most bags do not have flat bottoms and with most electric carts there is a base with some kind of slot for their bag, so it isn't a snug fit. Go on a side hill slant and the bag can almost lean off the cart and while the straps keep it on, it can't tilt or slip. PIA to unstrap and reattach. MGI has a square protrusion at the rear of the base and the bag has a protruding square the fits like a puzzle piece. I am guessing every electric cart OEM has their own unique locking system.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

9 hours ago, ryan.mzzz said:

If I had to buy a cart today, it would be whatever big max can be fitted with the alphard booster

Alphard makes an adapter for the BigMaxIQ. None of their fold flat versions, which is too bad but I understand why, and how the brackets have to attach to the cart and then clamp onto the eWheels 

I’ve got an old BagBoy Quad and it works great w my Alphard eWheels - and I know I’m a broken record here - the biggest challenge w all motorized carts is the weight distribution. Unless you’ve got some big cart bag w a six pack in one of those pockets, all the weight is going to be at the top and back toward the handles. Doesn’t take too much of an incline before they start to tip.  Then it doesn’t matter how well the bag is fastened to the cart, the clubs will slide right out as it goes over…. he said sheepishly from past experience….

I complain, but I haven’t changed, just changed habits - slow the cart down and keep a hand on the handle to make sure it stays upright.  That’s also why I’d be leery of a follow cart (might tip without you seeing) but I’m anxious to read the gangs experiences.  Hope we see some video - tried this in line, tried that in line, etc…

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

8 hours ago, chisag said:

... The nice thing about an electric cart is you can load it up without worrying about weight. I usually carry two 42oz water bottles and with one in the bag it tends to pull that way. So most bags do not have flat bottoms and with most electric carts there is a base with some kind of slot for their bag, so it isn't a snug fit. Go on a side hill slant and the bag can almost lean off the cart and while the straps keep it on, it can't tilt or slip. PIA to unstrap and reattach. MGI has a square protrusion at the rear of the base and the bag has a protruding square the fits like a puzzle piece. I am guessing every electric cart OEM has their own unique locking system.

I agree about electric carts and weight.

I have a Bat Caddy and I carry a 3L CamelBak in the long pocket on left side of my bag. When I mount the bag on the cart, and I twist it slightly off center to the left and it stays in place. If I mount it straight it seems twist to the left, so I just place it that way when I mount the bag. My cart will lean off center on cambered hills, but the cart leans, not the bag.

Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5&7

Hybrids: PXG Gen 5 0311 22 Moon Wood 8

Irons: TaylorMade Stealth HD

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 56° & 60°

Putter: Cleveland Soft Milled 5

BatCaddy X8R

5 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Alphard makes an adapter for the BigMaxIQ. None of their fold flat versions, which is too bad but I understand why, and how the brackets have to attach to the cart and then clamp onto the eWheels 

I’ve got an old BagBoy Quad and it works great w my Alphard eWheels - and I know I’m a broken record here - the biggest challenge w all motorized carts is the weight distribution. Unless you’ve got some big cart bag w a six pack in one of those pockets, all the weight is going to be at the top and back toward the handles. Doesn’t take too much of an incline before they start to tip.  Then it doesn’t matter how well the bag is fastened to the cart, the clubs will slide right out as it goes over…. he said sheepishly from past experience….

I complain, but I haven’t changed, just changed habits - slow the cart down and keep a hand on the handle to make sure it stays upright.  That’s also why I’d be leery of a follow cart (might tip without you seeing) but I’m anxious to read the gangs experiences.  Hope we see some video - tried this in line, tried that in line, etc…

i get what you’re saying. it’s hard to argue with physics, so as you say, i weigh my cart down with a lot of water, and I keep the ball compartment fairly full for counterbalance. if I had an electric booster I might put a 5/10/20lb weight in the ball compartment as the counter. 

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability