Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Tour Championship - 2022

fixyurdivot

So we're down to this. Will be fun to watch. I see #31 Wise got in to replace (suspended) Gooch, but #32 Lowry did not get in with Zalatoris WD - 29 players tee off.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 12.59.46 PM.png

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Happy to see Theegala get in and I will miss Zalatoris & Lowry

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Wow, tough break for Will Z.  I haven't seen any details but the back issue must be a bit more serious than initially reported?  Hopefully nothing that becomes chronic.

Bad backs + golf = no Bueno. 😐

I don't quite get why Leishman doesn't get the 30th spot if he's the next 30th highest points position... whud-up wit dat?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

9 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, tough break for Will Z.  I haven't seen any details but the back issue must be a bit more serious than initially reported?  

two herniated discs,

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

two herniated discs,

Nasty, just when he makes a breakthrough.

Rick

Left Hand, 

29 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Nasty, just when he makes a breakthrough.

No kidding.  At least he has the off season for repair (if needed) and recovery.  But ultimately this could be a trouble spot for his career... just ask Boom-boom 😐.

I'm pulling for Cam Young -  he was on my fantasy team all year.  If he can't do it I'm backing Scottie Scheffler  

:Sub70:  849D 10.5* UST PROFORCE v2 Black, 939X Hybrid 3H Aerotech SteelFiber Hybrid HLS 780

:taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX USA EDITION for winning the 2021 Ryder Cup contest sponsored by Taylormade and MGS  

:Hogan:  GS53Max 10.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black 5.5 ,  GS53 Fairway 4W HZRDUS Smoke Black 5.5,   VKTR+Hybrid 18* 

:titelist-small:  975D 9.5* ,  975F  3-w , 5-w 

:Sub70:   699 Pro Utility Black 19.5*

:Sub70:   TAIII  RAW 4-AW , True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 (R) 

:benhogan-small:  ICON Black  4- PW , with SteelFiber i80 (R) shafts

:benhogan-small:  Wedges Equalizer II  50*, 54*, 56*,  58*, 60*  , UST Recoil 780-F4/Stiff (Graphite)

:Sub70:  005 Wide Blade putter - with :garsen: Max 17"

:Sub70:  002 Mid Mallet putter - with :garsen:  Max 17"

:Arccos: Smoke Sensors (GEN 3+) ,  Link (GEN 2) 

old clubs

:wilson_staff_small:   Wilson Dyna-Power II  3-PW,  R90 Sand iron

Xanadu Soufflé……..

my Wife’s favorite 😉 

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

Okay, I'm revising my stance on the Tour Championship and the "handicapped" system... I REALLY dislike it.  An 8 to 10 stroke lead over half the field, before even teeing the first shot of the event, is absurd. This silly system makes the final event of the season a complete fizzle for me... ymmv.

Best Dud GIFs | Gfycat

Nice to see Smith slide down the leaderboard.  Maybe he can clean up as a liver.  But I'll never know. 

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

52 minutes ago, Bluesman57 said:

Nice to see Smith slide down the leaderboard.  Maybe he can clean up as a liver.  But I'll never know. 

I suspect he's having a hard time concentrating.  Too many banks calling and offering safe havens for his 375,664,809 Saudi Riyals.

On 8/26/2022 at 7:17 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Okay, I'm revising my stance on the Tour Championship and the "handicapped" system... I REALLY dislike it.  An 8 to 10 stroke lead over half the field, before even teeing the first shot of the event, is absurd. This silly system makes the final event of the season a complete fizzle for me... ymmv.

And yet here we are on Sunday (almost) and the leaderboard looks a lot like any tournament. The points leaders are still near the top, there’s been some considerable movement up and down and even guys at the bottom have moved considerably - e.g. Wise from 29th to T13. Exactly as intended. It’s certainly a horse race as the 3rd round ends and 4th begins. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it’s shaping up about right and there will be one winner instead of two like the old format (no bueno).

C047196F-36EE-496E-81B2-AF13B3B70D1E.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

2 hours ago, Middler said:

And yet here we are on Sunday (almost) and the leaderboard looks a lot like any tournament. The points leaders are still near the top, there’s been some considerable movement up and down and even guys at the bottom have moved considerably - e.g. Wise from 29th to T13. Exactly as intended. It’s certainly a horse race as the 3rd round ends and 4th begins. I’m not saying it’s perfect, but it’s shaping up about right and there will be one winner instead of two like the old format (no bueno).

C047196F-36EE-496E-81B2-AF13B3B70D1E.jpeg

The tours stated intent is to assure the winner of the event is also the FedEx winner... ridiculous.  There's nothing wrong with having different winners of the event and FEC. Just adjust the payouts if necessary. Without the handicap, Scheffler and JT Poston would be tied and Sungjae leading (by quick look) as it stands currently.  

Here's hoping for an upset.

48 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The tours stated intent is to assure the winner of the event is also the FedEx winner... ridiculous.  There's nothing wrong with having different winners of the event and FEC. Just adjust the payouts if necessary. Without the handicap, Scheffler and JT Poston would be tied and Sungjae leading (by quick look) as it stands currently.  

It’s called the Tour Championship, not the Last Tournament of the Year!

So the season shouldn’t count for anything toward a Tour Championship? Why should Poston have the same odds as Scheffler for the tour championship when he had nowhere near the results this season? Poston would have had no chance for the FedEx Cup under the old or the new format. It was never supposed to be a standalone tournament- it was the PGAs answer to most fans who evidently wanted playoffs and winners like the NFL, NBA, MLB and every other sport. Sort of like college football had to come up with the BCS to satisfy fans. So far this format:

2019 Thomas started -10, McIlroy won.

2020 DJ started -10 and won.

2021 Cantlay started -10 and won.

I like Scheffler, but I don’t expect him to win. That would mean the format has only directly led to a win 50:50.

I thought the old format made no sense as the tournament winner was not the feature, the FedEx Cup winner was - and that’s what the players wanted most. I’m glad they’ve tried to change the format to one winner, and the FedEx Cup has always been the point of the whole thing. If there’s a better format that results in one winner, let’s hear it.

Obviously we’re not going to agree, and that’s just fine.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

18 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

They use to have it that way didn't they and they changed it because it was confusing for watchers because you could win the event but not the championship and it just had a really weird feeling. If memory serves it was Rose and Tiger but I don't exactly remember who win what.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The only other part i would add is coverage is bad enough trying to follow one main story line and often important portions are missed. Having two major things for them to focus on would only create more havoc and disjointed viewing experience. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The only other part i would add is coverage is bad enough trying to follow one main story line and often important portions are missed. Having two major things for them to focus on would only create more havoc and disjointed viewing experience. 

I distinctly remember 2017 when Xander Schauffelle won the Tour Championship tournament and $1.575M as a rookie no less - and most of the focus and media was on Justin Thomas for winning the FedEx Cup and $10M! Or 2018 when Tiger Woods won at East Lake but Justin Rose won the FedEx Cup and the $10M. Huh?

Like I said earlier, would those who don't like the FedEx format be OK if the Super Bowl winner wasn't considered the season winner if the other team got the big prize for still having the best W-L record after the SB was played? Make zero sense.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

1 hour ago, Middler said:

I distinctly remember 2017 when Xander Schauffelle won the Tour Championship tournament and $1.575M as a rookie no less - and most of the focus and media was on Justin Thomas for winning the FedEx Cup and $10M! Or 2018 when Tiger Woods won at East Lake but Justin Rose won the FedEx Cup and the $10M. Huh?

Like I said earlier, would those who don't like the FedEx format be OK if the Super Bowl winner wasn't considered the season winner if the other team got the big prize for still having the best W-L record after the SB was played? Make zero sense.

Actually I think it does make sense.  Just keep the current top 125/70/30 format and play it straight up. Since the FEC points are acquired all season long, and without use of an adjusted starting score, it makes no sense to me to use it for the final event.  They might as well rename it "The 95% Predetermined Winner Invitational".  Again, having the final event winner and FEC winner not be the same player is no big deal. What is so confusing about having two trophy presentations?  One reflects a season long points effort and the other the final season event.

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Actually I think it does make sense.  Just keep the current top 125/70/30 format and play it straight up. Since the FEC points are acquired all season long, and without use of an adjusted starting score, it makes no sense to me to use it for the final event.  They might as well rename it "The 95% Predetermined Winner Invitational".  Again, having the final event winner and FEC winner not be the same player is no big deal. What is so confusing about having two trophy presentations?  One reflects a season long points effort and the other the final season event.

Evidently most people disagreed with you or they would have left the format as it was. All other major sports have one season winner and did not like two winners, especially where the actual 72 hole tournament winner was a relative after thought in terms of $ and accomplishment. No other sport does that, and there would be serious push back if the NFL, MLB, NBA or others had two winners in their final game/series.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Wow, things got interesting in a hurry!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

10 minutes ago, Hobert said:

Wow, things got interesting in a hurry!

Sure did!  Rory tied 1st & Im playing well.

Rick

Left Hand, 

My wife is glued to the TV, she doesn’t play or like golf, but she thinks Rory is “cute.”

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I’m glued to the TV as well, albeit for different reasons. Downright riveting at this point.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

On 8/22/2022 at 1:51 PM, Kenny B said:

McIlroy is pi$$ed after his lackluster play at the BMW.  He will be on fire!!  He also seems to like Eastlake.

Congratulations RORY!!

What do I win????  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Unbelievable Rory! Condolences to Scheffler and Schauffele, congrats to Im. Great watch!

Rory has been under a lot or pressure this year, acting as primary spokesperson for the PGA through it all. And The (British) Open was a tough (major) loss. Almost seems a deserved FedEx win, with no ill will for any other PGA player, especially Scheffler.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Congratulations Rory, great and interesting finish!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Outstanding golf from Rory today! That was a great showing of a player keeping their head on straight and focused. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Congrats to Rory. Also congrats to the fan favorite Max Homa. He really stepped up to the plate this year. Took in more responsibility to build his golf career. He stopped his podcast and really put forth the effort. Top 5 finish is fantastic. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

6 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Congrats to Rory. Also congrats to the fan favorite Max Homa. He really stepped up to the plate this year. Took in more responsibility to build his golf career. He stopped his podcast and really put forth the effort. Top 5 finish is fantastic. 

I’ll second  that one. Max has been a fun one to watch this season. Hope he keeps going strong. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Just now, ParFore74x said:

I’ll second  that one. Max has been a fun one to watch this season. Hope he keeps going strong. 

The tour needs more guys like this to bring in storylines. They also need to create some battles, it will help as some of the younger guys take on a larger footprint that have come on the scene stronger over the last year or two

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review