TESTERS WANTED! ×

Greater Savannah Area within 100ish miles

CLee23

Down in Savannah for a couple weeks for work and looking for suggestions on places to play that aren’t going to break the wallet. Also if anyone is looking to get out and play, let’s go!

Active Duty Air Force with the Army style golf game.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Sapelo Hammock GC, its about 30 minutes south in a small fishing village.  Has some cool holes on the intercoastal waterways and will only run you about $50.

As far as courses closer to Savannah, Crosswinds by the airport is actually a decent track for the price, and I believe there is a course ran by the military next to Hunter Airfield, I've never played it but see you are active duty so I assume that is where you will be.  Also you can of course take the short drive to Hilton Head where there are multiple options.

Dont forget the bug spray!

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

22 hours ago, DeBartola_B said:

Check out Sapelo Hammock GC, its about 30 minutes south in a small fishing village.  Has some cool holes on the intercoastal waterways and will only run you about $50.

As far as courses closer to Savannah, Crosswinds by the airport is actually a decent track for the price, and I believe there is a course ran by the military next to Hunter Airfield, I've never played it but see you are active duty so I assume that is where you will be.  Also you can of course take the short drive to Hilton Head where there are multiple options.

Dont forget the bug spray!

Gotten a handful in at Crosswinds. I like that course and is priced well for the quality.

I’m staying in Pooler and haven’t had a chance to make it to Hunter this trip but may on the next trip down. The Sapelo Hammock looks like it will be on my list the next time I’m down here as well!

Active Duty Air Force with the Army style golf game.

• 2 weeks later...

I will second the bug spray, especially @ Sapelo Hammock. They will pick you up and tote you off at certain times of the year.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 2 months later...

Next time you are in the area let me know.  I’m a member at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club and would be happy to play with you as my guest when you are here.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4