TESTERS WANTED! ×

Brand Loyalty Club/Clothing Poll

RoverRick

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you loyal to a brand of club and the associated clothing line?

• I prefer one brand golf club and always wear their clothing also.
    • I prefer one brand of club and sometimes wear their clothing.
    • I prefer one brand of club but could not care less about their clothing.
    • I do not care for one brand of club over the other, but do prefer one brand of clothing.
    • It does not matter to me what brand of club or clothing I use.
    • Other than a cap I do not care about the brand of clothing.

Just about all of the major club manufacturers have an associated clothing line. Many of them are corporate siblings, Adidas/Taylormade, Titleist/Footjoy, Puma/Cobra other like Nike have one name for both. Still others like Callaway have their own line of clothing made for them.

After reading that Perry Ellis Company has bought the Ben Hogan Company rights from Callaway and are going to revive the name, at least for clothing, and having some subsequent discussions about that, I became curious about loyalty towards a particular brand of club and if that spilled over into clothing.

I wonder why a company, who already makes clothes such as Ellis for Callaway and the PGA would spend the bucks to revive the Hogan name, without having the club line to go with it. If they have the Hogan line fo golf clubs, they can sponsor a pro from head to toe with everything they need.

How loyal are your to a particular brand in golf?

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

For me it's always a function of function/style/cost. I'm willing to spend money on something that *significantly* outperforms all the others. Style is the gauge of how significant that difference has to be. Cost is really a factor of timing purchases for sales or buying lesser known brands. Very few things piss me off more than buying something only to have it go on sale a few weeks later.

Two examples:

1) My golf shirts I tend to buy Champion's shirts from Target because they're just as comfortable and much cheaper than other brands.

2) My last two pairs of shoes have been Eccos, but I bought the first on clearance for $60, and my most recent (after BOGO + sale) for roughly $80 (Ecco Street). I can get cheaper, but Eccos are so damn comfortable and nice looking, that I prefer to spend the extra cash.

edit: typo

I selected the last option, though it's not exactly a perfect fit. I do care about the brand of club and clothes, in the sense the I have found certain brands that I like and others that I don't. That doesn't mean I won't look at other brands, or that I buy everything that my favorite companies make, just that I have my preferences/biases. And I'm definitely not head to toe from any given company.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Of course since we are not paid to wear or play a particular brand then we wear whatever we want. Pay me $10 Million and I will be wearing the logo in the shower, but I do wear a Titleist cap. I noticed last Saturday night at a BBQ restaurant that of the 15 men that were there, 10 wore caps, and 8 of them were golf related.

I wear, for the most part, golf shirts by George. I bought these in 2007 from Walmart for like $12 and wear them all the time and they are holding up better than my Nike's and Cutter and Bucks and some other ones, but I do wear the Titleist cap and when I wear a glove I wear Titleist or Footjoy gloves, I wore Footjoy shoes (because of comfort and durability) until this week when I switched to Ashworth Cardiffs.

But I do see some wearing all the same brand as their clubs. I see nothing wrong with it.

For caps it's always Red Sox for me!

I know there are golf brand + baseball team logo caps, but I just don't like paying $20 to advertise a golf company. I guess it's different if most of your clubs are Titleist though.

My caps are older than my clubs. :P

I selected the last option, though it's not exactly a perfect fit. I do care about the brand of club and clothes, in the sense the I have found certain brands that I like and others that I don't. That doesn't mean I won't look at other brands, or that I buy everything that my favorite companies make, just that I have my preferences/biases. And I'm definitely not head to toe from any given company.

That sounds more like a vote for number 2. You prefer one brand over another and sometimes wear or buy that.

For caps it's always Red Sox for me!

Boooooo. In 2004 I was in Boston for work and went to Fenway for a Sox/Yanks game; it was one of the things on my bucket list. I will never forget what year it was, because it was the same year that they demolished my Cards in the World Series.

Back to topic. I have no loyalty; I tend to gravitate towards whats on sale or cheaper and from there it's based on looks and feel. When it comes to clothing, my wife is a Kohls-aholic, so we always get 30% off there; they carry Grand Slam , so thats what I buy. Not only is it cheap, but it looks and performs well. My entire closet is filled with GS dry-fit polos; I probably have every color and style they've made in the last 3-4 years.

Clothes: items on sale that do their job (I just bought around 10 Nike polos for $20 each) and a pair of Nike Lunar something on sale as well

Clubs: whatever works

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I like to sport the hat of the clubs I am using. shirts what ever I can get a deal on.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

For clubs, I simply use what works the best. Although some companies (like mizuno for irons) continually top my books in certain categories, I can't say that I feel any particular loyalty towards their products in other categories. In regards to clothing, I guess you could simply say that I am loyal to my mix-matched closet of price conscious clothing.

there wasnt this option in the poll so this is my vote

i prefer 1 brand of golf clubs and another brand of clothing.

my clubs are primarily Pings and for clothing i mostly wear Polo shirts from ralph lauren. i just like the fit of RL polos.

hats , belts and shoes could be anything i fancy at any point of time.

my girlfriend also works for a company that has staff discount from Lacoste and Ben sherman so i get my stuff from there time to time.

its one thing to play good, but its another to look good while playing well ;)

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

I choose clubs that feel right to me and my clothes I buy a lot from the thrift stores. I have found quite a few name brand items, shirts , slacks and shorts i.e., ping, calloway, foot joy, under armor and nike, etc. etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key... - Carl Spackler

there wasnt this option in the poll so this is my vote

i prefer 1 brand of golf clubs and another brand of clothing.

my clubs are primarily Pings and for clothing i mostly wear Polo shirts from ralph lauren. i just like the fit of RL polos.

hats , belts and shoes could be anything i fancy at any point of time.

my girlfriend also works for a company that has staff discount from Lacoste and Ben sherman so i get my stuff from there time to time.

its one thing to play good, but its another to look good while playing well ;)

Sorry could not think of everything, but this was primarily to see if it made any difference to people if their club maker made clothes or not.

This has nothing to do with any particular brand but thought I should write it somewhere and its probablt not worthy of its own topic. But I own several "Moisture Wicking" golf shirts and one pair of "moisture wicking" golf pants. We had a couple of inches of rain yesterday on top of a couple inches of rain last week, so the course has standing water, actually there is water still running. Some of the bunkers were not completely drained yet. So in addition to no roll, water is every where. I decided to wear my moisture wicking pants. Thinking if I splashed water and muck on them they would dry quickly. Huge mistake. While the work great as sicking the sweat away, dispersing it so that it will evaporate, the reverse of that process is, the cuffs got wet so the moisture wicked up the leg, then the cuffs got wet again, and more moisture wicked up. And again, and again, by the time I made the turn, I was soaked from the knees down and my socks were soaked. By the time I got home it looked like I had been wading in thigh deep water. My toes are still cold from being soaking wet. The water proof shoes do not work well when the water is running down your legs.

I usually wear my Nike Storm pants when it is this wet, but decided to wear the "nicer" pants. Next time I will wear hip waders before I wear those pants when it is wet outside.

This has nothing to do with any particular brand but thought I should write it somewhere and its probablt not worthy of its own topic. But I own several "Moisture Wicking" golf shirts and one pair of "moisture wicking" golf pants. We had a couple of inches of rain yesterday on top of a couple inches of rain last week, so the course has standing water, actually there is water still running. Some of the bunkers were not completely drained yet. So in addition to no roll, water is every where. I decided to wear my moisture wicking pants. Thinking if I splashed water and muck on them they would dry quickly. Huge mistake. While the work great as sicking the sweat away, dispersing it so that it will evaporate, the reverse of that process is, the cuffs got wet so the moisture wicked up the leg, then the cuffs got wet again, and more moisture wicked up. And again, and again, by the time I made the turn, I was soaked from the knees down and my socks were soaked. By the time I got home it looked like I had been wading in thigh deep water. My toes are still cold from being soaking wet. The water proof shoes do not work well when the water is running down your legs.

I usually wear my Nike Storm pants when it is this wet, but decided to wear the "nicer" pants. Next time I will wear hip waders before I wear those pants when it is wet outside.

RR im sorry but u actually made me LOL while i was reading ur post abt the moisture wicking material.

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Well, by the time I finished the round my balls were soaked. And so were the tees I carried in my pocket with the golf balls.:D

Seriously, I did take my keys out of my pocket because I did not want the electric door lock thing to get wet. It was a cold and miserable day.

I honestly dont care what club or clothing I wear but I do tend to only wear Titleist Hats or Titleist/Bridgestons Large Visors. The reason being is they just fit me the best. I could care less for the brand other then the fit and quality :lol:

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

Archived