Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf Apps for Samsung Watch 4

I'm looking at getting a Samsung Watch 4 and am interested in what apps anyone loves for this watch. I was previously considering a GPS watch designed for golf, so I'm looking to replicate as many of the features of a golf-specific watch as much as possible. Any suggestions from Android watch users?

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

21 hours ago, FightingScot82 said:

I'm looking at getting a Samsung Watch 4 and am interested in what apps anyone loves for this watch. I was previously considering a GPS watch designed for golf, so I'm looking to replicate as many of the features of a golf-specific watch as much as possible. Any suggestions from Android watch users?

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and use Arccos. They have an app for the watch that works very well, IMO. It looks like there are a fair amount of apps available that may do what you want, I just don't have any experience with them. Please report back on things you try and what you like!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

5 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 and use Arccos. They have an app for the watch that works very well, IMO. It looks like there are a fair amount of apps available that may do what you want, I just don't have any experience with them. Please report back on things you try and what you like!

Thanks. Do you also have the sensors on your clubs? I'm currently using 18 Birdies on my phone (free version) and I'd prefer to keep my phone in my bag. Also bonus points on anything that adjusts for slope - I'm in Pennsylvania and its not exactly flat on our courses.

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

18 minutes ago, FightingScot82 said:

Thanks. Do you also have the sensors on your clubs? I'm currently using 18 Birdies on my phone (free version) and I'd prefer to keep my phone in my bag. Also bonus points on anything that adjusts for slope - I'm in Pennsylvania and its not exactly flat on our courses.

I do have the sensors on my clubs. I have gotten used to having my phone in my pocket, but with the app on my watch, I barely pull it out unless it's a strange course or I need a yardage to a pond, or something. I just googled best golf apps for galaxy watch 4 and found "Golf GPS Rangefinder". It appears to be free and in the screencaps, it shows adjustments for elevation and wind.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I’ve used GolfPad for about two years on an Apple Watch, but they have an Android version.  I like it and have their sensors.  If you email them they’ll let you trial the full version.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.