Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PXG Gen 5 Driver?

azstu324

I've looked high and low and just can't find any really solid review info on these. Does anybody have any experience with the 0311? 

Im kind of at the point where I really miss my old SIM look and feel and was looking around for a gently used SIM2. I've been using the Mizuno ST-Z for the past year. While the performance results are irrefutable, I've just not been in love with the slightly oval/triangular shaped backside ala Cobra drivers for the past few generations, and the sound isn't horrible but just not my fave..  Recently I've found myself wanting to scratch that certain itch that only the SIM could reach.

In my recent perusings of the local Offer Up, I bumped into a guy selling some "off the truck" Gen 5 heads paired with any stock shaft of my choice for $200. Supposedly they are new. He claims to have a pretty heavy connection at PXG. 

I digress.. well the price is definitely attractive but the driver itself looks just bomb diggity from the pics! IMO it's like Marvel's "Venom" version of the SIM. VERY similar looking profile but murdered out and just simplistically wicked looking. From the few reviews out there I'm gathering that the sound and feel are also in the same ballpark? 

I know MGS and a few others out there posted a write up but does anyone here personally have any experience or formulated opinions on the driver? I need whatever feedback I can get because I'll more or less be buying blindly without the ability to test it. FWIW, I'm opting for the Diamana S+ 2nd gen S70 shaft which seems like a pretty solid stock option. 

Cheers! 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

There’s a 6 page thread on wrx just for the Gen 5 driver and a 50 page thread on the gen5 in general of which I recall discussion on the gen 5 driver 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 8/29/2022 at 4:53 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

There’s a 6 page thread on wrx just for the Gen 5 driver and a 50 page thread on the gen5 in general of which I recall discussion on the gen 5 driver 

Appreciate the lead! Been chatting with a few guys over there and looks like this is gearing to be a winner. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

The Gen 5 driver is really good.  I never disliked the sound of the previous generations but they really nailed the sound on the Gen 5.  I was also very happy they brought back the toe weight as my miss tends to be left.  Look at address is very TM SIM like which I always thought was great looking so that is a winner also.  For $299 it is by far the best driver you can buy right now which is what I had previously stated for the 0211 driver which is also still really, really good.

My bag is a revolving door!

52 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

The Gen 5 driver is really good.  I never disliked the sound of the previous generations but they really nailed the sound on the Gen 5.  I was also very happy they brought back the toe weight as my miss tends to be left.  Look at address is very TM SIM like which I always thought was great looking so that is a winner also.  For $299 it is by far the best driver you can buy right now which is what I had previously stated for the 0211 driver which is also still really, really good.

So far everything you mentioned is right up my alley! I also fight a pull/hook tendency when my swing just isn't totally together. Not OB left.. but hard scramble left😬. Otherwise my drive is dead straight down the middle. Would be nice to shift everything over to the right 10-15 yds so when I'm not totally connected I'm still finding a good approach. 

I also think that the ST-Z shape just throws me off a hair. I don't think it sits closed but just the way it's shaped around the back just tricks my eye into thinking it's shut a hair. 

I'm really hoping to have something worked out to pick this up in the next week

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Welp...after listing a few little things for sale I'm not using any more, I decided to pull the trigger and order the 0311 XF (Gen 5) in 9 degree.  For $299, free shipping and 60 days to try it out, and if it outperforms or even matches my Cobra from two years ago, it's a no-brainer keep and then I can offload the Cobra for whatever I can get for it.  

We'll see what the result is - I went with a REALLY different set-up than my previous Hzrds Smoke 60g Stiff (which, when tested at a fitter, was apparently coming in at 2x Stiff - no wonder it's been problematic):  Gen5 0311XF (figuring the extra forgiveness can never hurt me), ProjectX Riptide CB 40 4.0 in L flex, midsize grip (LOVE the midsize ever since testing it at a Roger Dunn).

The real wildcard here is the L-flex shaft - but after seeing the Mobile Clubmaker's video with Mr. Shortgame, I am VERY intrigued with this (for those that didn't see it, he compared the "AutoFlex" shaft against two other shafts - the Riptide CB and a discontinued shaft from 2011 (forgive me for not remembering the name off-hand - I think it was a Fujikura), and they performed almost exactly the same as the "AutoFlex", but at WAY cheaper.  Given my experience with the LagShot driver (incredibly whippy shaft with heavy head, for me, equaled crazy-straight, playable drives), I thought this was a fun way to test this combo out.  

If I hate it - well, I have 60 days to send it back for a full refund (or, more likely, try out a different combo if I can take it to a local fitter).  So it feels like a fun experiment.  The potential upside is that, for effectively just more than the cost of the shaft alone, I get to try out something that's as current as can be, and could potentially be a (pardon the over-usage) game-changer. 

I'll let you know what's what when I get it in-hand sometime in the next two weeks. 

-S

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

47 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

We'll see what the result is - I went with a REALLY different set-up than my previous Hzrds Smoke 60g Stiff (which, when tested at a fitter, was apparently coming in at 2x Stiff - no wonder it's been problematic):  Gen5 0311XF (figuring the extra forgiveness can never hurt me), ProjectX Riptide CB 40 4.0 in L flex, midsize grip (LOVE the midsize ever since testing it at a Roger Dunn).

Which smoke shaft? There are several. I’m assuming based on the statement that it was 2x stiffer it’s the black.

Also that 2x stiffer really means nothing. There are no industry standards for flex so that shaft is the flex that PX states for the hzrdus smoke 60 line.

That line will measure different the same shaft in 70g as well as other px shafts. Stiffness I only relative to shafts in the same line and same weight class. Comparing anything else is basically pointless. What it really means is that shaft was a bad fit for your swing.

Hopefully then shaft you choose works for you but blind buyin shafts tends to leans to bad fits unless is a similar weight and profile to one that works for you. The human factor is what determines whether a shaft is a good fit or not. Yes this shaft may have performed as well as an ultra premium shaft for the tester but that doesn’t mean it will do the same for everyone.

All shafts are good shafts. What makes them good or bad is how they affect the golfers swing

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Which smoke shaft? There are several. I’m assuming based on the statement that it was 2x stiffer it’s the black.

Also that 2x stiffer really means nothing. There are no industry standards for flex so that shaft is the flex that PX states for the hzrdus smoke 60 line.

That line will measure different the same shaft in 70g as well as other px shafts. Stiffness I only relative to shafts in the same line and same weight class. Comparing anything else is basically pointless. What it really means is that shaft was a bad fit for your swing.

It came standard with the "Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 Graphite", in stiff.  I had a very hard time hitting the ball in any kind of consistent manner - some of it was swing-based, for sure, but some of it was I just couldn't tell where the head was in the backswing, which made my tempo fluctuate.

8 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Hopefully then shaft you choose works for you but blind buyin shafts tends to leans to bad fits unless is a similar weight and profile to one that works for you. The human factor is what determines whether a shaft is a good fit or not. Yes this shaft may have performed as well as an ultra premium shaft for the tester but that doesn’t mean it will do the same for everyone.

All shafts are good shafts. What makes them good or bad is how they affect the golfers swing

For sure - not suggesting blind-buying is the way I would normally go, at all.  However, given the return policy and the incredible pricing (that ends today), I thought I'd take a chance.  I've managed to get my driver to behave a little better with 2 strips of lead tape on the bottom to help me feel the head in my swing, but it's still less than ideal.  The dream would have been to get to a PXG center for a proper, in-person fit - my schedule just didn't allow that, so here we are. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

On 8/31/2022 at 8:37 AM, Samsonite said:

The real wildcard here is the L-flex shaft - but after seeing the Mobile Clubmaker's video with Mr. Shortgame, I am VERY intrigued with this (for those that didn't see it, he compared the "AutoFlex" shaft against two other shafts - the Riptide CB and a discontinued shaft from 2011 (forgive me for not remembering the name off-hand - I think it was a Fujikura), and they performed almost exactly the same as the "AutoFlex", but at WAY cheaper.  Given my experience with the LagShot driver (incredibly whippy shaft with heavy head, for me, equaled crazy-straight, playable drives), I thought this was a fun way to test this combo out.

YES! I saw that same episode. They actually both did similar collaborative videos for their individual channels. While the Autoflex show isn't something that jumps out at me personally, I thought it was pretty awesome how 2 very knowledgeable guys basically middle fingered the $800 Autoflex magic wand with a $50 hack. And yes it was a Fuji shaft.. I think the OG Motore. Or speeder. 

I'm also doing something a tad unconventional with my setup.. and my approach. I was able to find a guy on offer up who used to work for PXG. He still has connections. My understanding is that every year PXG fits every employee with a full set. Even employees who have no intentions of playing golf. Well he strikes a deal with these non-players that if they give him their clubs, he'll sell them and split the profits. He has a good lineup of stock shafts and grips too. So for $200 I got a brand new 0311 head, a Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 2nd gen 70S shaft, an extra CG2 grip and weights in case I want to cut it down to 45" which is what I normally play.. otherwise it's at a stock 46". 

The difference in the shaft is a 5g heavier profile than I'm used to and in an S flex rather than X. I know flex is all wonky between brands and even models but reading the profile, it looks to be on par with a general "S" profile but with weight closer to most X flex sticks. A bit higher torque tip section but stiffer butt and moderate mid. Mid launch with 9° and lower spin head.. fingers crossed it'll be sending missiles. If all else fails, I'll just swap out my MotoreX F1 6X that's been my Excalibur for the past year or so. 

I'll be going to the PGATSS tonight to compare my ST-Z (TXG's DOTY) loaded with the MotoreX against "Venom SIM" (0311) and the Diamana. Hopefully I can get some comparison stats to post. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

3 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I was able to find a guy on offer up who used to work for PXG. He still has connections. My understanding is that every year PXG fits every employee with a full set. Even employees who have no intentions of playing golf. Well he strikes a deal with these non-players that if they give them their clubs, he'll sell them and split the profits. He has a good lineup of stock shafts and grips too.

hmm.....🤔

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

23 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

hmm.....🤔

I know I know.. likely story. I actually vetted him out (super spy stuff) before I bought the club and everything checked out. The guy is legit

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 8/28/2022 at 10:57 PM, azstu324 said:

In my recent perusings of the local Offer Up, I bumped into a guy selling some "off the truck" Gen 5 heads paired with any stock shaft of my choice for $200. Supposedly they are new. He claims to have a pretty heavy connection at PXG. 

You can buy the *real deal* one direct from PXG for $299 currently (plus shipping).

*EDIT:

Didn't see your last post ^ ... well a deal's a deal!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

2 hours ago, azstu324 said:

YES! I saw that same episode. They actually both did similar collaborative videos for their individual channels. While the Autoflex show isn't something that jumps out at me personally, I thought it was pretty awesome how 2 very knowledgeable guys basically middle fingered the $800 Autoflex magic wand with a $50 hack. And yes it was a Fuji shaft.. I think the OG Motore. Or speeder. 

I'm also doing something a tad unconventional with my setup.. and my approach. I was able to find a guy on offer up who used to work for PXG. He still has connections. My understanding is that every year PXG fits every employee with a full set. Even employees who have no intentions of playing golf. Well he strikes a deal with these non-players that if they give them their clubs, he'll sell them and split the profits. He has a good lineup of stock shafts and grips too. So for $200 I got a brand new 0311 head, a Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 2nd gen 70S shaft, an extra CG2 grip and weights in case I want to cut it down to 45" which is what I normally play.. otherwise it's at a stock 46". 

The difference in the shaft is a 5g heavier profile than I'm used to and in an S flex rather than X. I know flex is all wonky between brands and even models but reading the profile, it looks to be on par with a general "S" profile but with weight closer to most X flex sticks. A bit higher torque tip section but stiffer butt and moderate mid. Mid launch with 9° and lower spin head.. fingers crossed it'll be sending missiles. If all else fails, I'll just swap out my MotoreX F1 6X that's been my Excalibur for the past year or so. 

I'll be going to the PGATSS tonight to compare my ST-Z (TXG's DOTY) loaded with the MotoreX against "Venom SIM" (0311) and the Diamana. Hopefully I can get some comparison stats to post. 

Definitely let us know what's what! I'm fingers-crossing this set-up gives me the same "feels" with more speed as the LagShot. I'm just trying to look at it like an extended testing period where I can put it through its paces and see if it helps my game at all. If not, no problem. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Here are some #'s to tease y'all with..

sketch-1662007005196.png.f52d3c900b8311908929792498a16f7c.png

I couldn't figure out how to do a 10 shot average but was seeing these #'s over and over. This is literally at about 75%. I really want to focus more on quality over quantity so finding the center + good contact + launch + spin + smash factor = solid repeatable distance and playable 2nd shots

0831221950.jpg.2a151707c5ebc8d5c0db5174a637a49f.jpg

Here is a snapshot of my ST-Z #'s at the same swing pace 

0831221952.jpg.5e838fad2753e01efb5c33cc3d4bf394.jpg

0830222037.jpg.eedf6138d6e2dde1d29b7c8014c3d2a6.jpg

MAXFLI  Tour CG

8 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Here are some #'s to tease y'all with..

0831221950.jpg.2a151707c5ebc8d5c0db5174a637a49f.jpg

Looks odd to me,  I don’t see 155 ball speed carrying 283.   Ballpark 105 swing speed would be in the 260 range wouldn’t it?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Ballpark 105 swing speed would be in the 260 range wouldn’t it?  

That's around what I usually see when I use my PRGR launch monitor.  It's not an expensive launch monitor by any means but it reads swing speed and ball speed very accurately.

My bag is a revolving door!

The "Plugged In Golf" has reviews on the PXG Gen 5 0311 Driver, the Gen 5 0311 XF Driver as well as the Gen 5 Fairway Woods and Hybrids. On a personal note, I purchased a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS  earlier this year, and recently purchased a PXG Gen 5 0311 Driver when the price dropped to $299. Both drivers have a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue shaft installed and both are 10.5*. Each one is longer than my previous driver, but the PXG is far more forgiving than the Rogue ST Max LS. I normally use Pro V1 balls but switched to the Pro V1X for the Rogue ST to get a better launch and trajectory. Testing both drivers side by side "on course" utilizing both balls, The PXG Gen 5 is marginally  longer and noticeably more forgiving  for me. The PXG Gen 5 0311 Driver is now my gamer and I am back to using the Pro V1. That said, I add the usual caveat- your milage may vary!     

Driver: Callaway Paradym (10.5)  

3 Wood: Callaway Paradym (15*) 

5 Wood: Callaway Paradym (18*)

Hybrid: Callaway EPIC SuperHybrid 4

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 (5-AW)

Wedges: PXG Sugar Daddy (54*/58*)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5S

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Looks odd to me,  I don’t see 155 ball speed carrying 283.   Ballpark 105 swing speed would be in the 260 range wouldn’t it?  

I know PGATSS launch monitors aren't the best. I was on one of their old GC2's and with no face dots. I do know that my avg controlled SS is around 110-112 which is about what I was applying last night. I've gotten it to 116 when swinging out of my shoes but that's only gonna come around at annual scrambles or when flexing with the bros (totally kidding). 

So while I'd say the ball speed is probably about 5+ MPH low, the rest of the #'s look on par. Usually out on the course in dry heat I'd find everything to be about 10 yds longer even. My biggest focus with this driver is finding some better consistency. Might sound silly but even the profile of the head and how it frames the ball plays enough into my psyche to make a difference. I think last night was a very positive result for PXG

Now.. I'm still considering cutting it down by .5". It's currently 56". I swing weighted it at D5 which is just a hair beefy from what I'm used to in D3 and 55" in my Mizuno. I'm planning to put a slightly lighter grip CG2 standard grip so hopefully that evens things out a little. Hoping not to lose too much distance but maybe bring the length back into my comfort zone a little. That's still something I'm mulling ove though 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

5 minutes ago, CampagnoloBob said:

The "Plugged In Golf" has reviews on the PXG Gen 5 0311 Driver, the Gen 5 0311 XF Driver as well as the Gen 5 Fairway Woods and Hybrids. On a personal note, I purchased a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS  earlier this year, and recently purchased a PXG Gen 5 0311 Driver when the price dropped to $299. Both drivers have a Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue shaft installed and both are 10.5*. Each one is longer than my previous driver, but the PXG is far more forgiving than the Rogue ST Max LS. I normally use Pro V1 balls but switched to the Pro V1X for the Rogue ST to get a better launch and trajectory. Testing both drivers side by side "on course" utilizing both balls, The PXG Gen 5 is marginally  longer and noticeably more forgiving  for me. The PXG Gen 5 0311 Driver is now my gamer and I am back to using the Pro V1. That said, I add the usual caveat- your milage may vary!     

Great comparison! I had the Rogue LS on my list too. Cross another one off! 😬

MAXFLI  Tour CG

25 minutes ago, CampagnoloBob said:

So the reviews on Plugged in were one of the few that I found. There are a small number of YouTube reviews too but nothing like what we'd see from the other guy's upon a new release 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

So the reviews on Plugged in were one of the few that I found. There are a small number of YouTube reviews too but nothing like what we'd see from the other guy's upon a new release 

That’s because pxg doesn’t send out clubs to these type of people. So most reviewers have to either buy one or go to a pxg facility like Michael Newton does 

6 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I know PGATSS launch monitors aren't the best. I was on one of their old GC2's and with no face dots. I do know that my avg controlled SS is around 110-112 which is about what I was applying last night. I've gotten it to 116 when swinging out of my shoes but that's only gonna come around at annual scrambles or when flexing with the bros (totally kidding). 

So while I'd say the ball speed is probably about 5+ MPH low, the rest of the #'s look on par. Usually out on the course in dry heat I'd find everything to be about 10 yds longer even. My biggest focus with this driver is finding some better consistency. Might sound silly but even the profile of the head and how it frames the ball plays enough into my psyche to make a difference. I think last night was a very positive result for PXG

Now.. I'm still considering cutting it down by .5". It's currently 56". I swing weighted it at D5 which is just a hair beefy from what I'm used to in D3 and 55" in my Mizuno. I'm planning to put a slightly lighter grip CG2 standard grip so hopefully that evens things out a little. Hoping not to lose too much distance but maybe bring the length back into my comfort zone a little. That's still something I'm mulling ove though 

Wait...Fifty-Six inches?? I thought standard was 45.5"...is that a typo, or are you 7-feet tall? Lol. Andre the Giant over here. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

5 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Wait...Fifty-Six inches?? I thought standard was 45.5"...is that a typo, or are you 7-feet tall? Lol. Andre the Giant over here. 

Oh damn!! Take everything I said and subtract 10"🤦🏼‍♂️ #whenmultitaskinggoeswrong

MAXFLI  Tour CG

53 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I hate to hear what you told women back in the day 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😝😝😝😝

53 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I hate to hear what you told women back in the day 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️😝😝😝😝

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂.. wait.. 😠

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I did it.. I cut the shaft .5" to play 45.5. it feels a bit more in my comfort zone length wize. I put a GP CP2 standard wrap on which weighs in at about 10g lighter than the PXG Lamkin and we're at a VERY manageable D4 SW.

I'm hoping to get out for a practice round soon before taking to the big stage on Monday. Gold Canyon Dinosaur Mountain does not take kindly to wandering tee shots. 

image.png.f36d4b1c271ae63a7b1c6c53490d7ce7.png

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Another LM session in the books with the 0311 driver. 

So last year I started the season with a RADspeed. I was fit for it, got good numbers at the shop, but just couldn't take that game to the course. I then went back to the drawing boards and after watching the TXG 2021 driver brackets, got a hold of the ST-Z and it was all she wrote. The driver got such good numbers, it was consistent, and long! I ended up plugging in the Fujikura Motore X F1 6X that I was a tester for in 2020 for MGS and the thing was a beast! As I mentioned previously, I just never got along with the profile and the sound was just ok. 

Moving on.. tonight I opened up the throttle a little. I wanted to see how stable the Diamana S+ S flex is and how forgiving the driver might or might not be.. I was getting some really hot numbers! I'd dare say hotter than the ST-Z and maybe even more forgiving! As for the feel and sound, tonight I was in the more open bays where the real sound is more audible. VERY SIM esque and that's exactly what I was after. Look at address is very square. Not closed at all but not open either. 

If I can take the same #'s to the course that I saw tonight, I don't see how this isn't a top contender for MGS DOTY. So far it's shaping up to be THAT good! Now the only thing I have left to do is get a tip for the 0311 to put on my MotoreX and then compare the shafts. So far though I'm really liking the new Diamana. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

So I was able to get out and take the 0311 for a proper spin. 

Anyone with any bit of hesitation about looking into these and/or pulling the trigger, box that $hit up, put a padlock on it and throw it in ocean! 

Looks, sound, feel, performance=10/10!

Forgiveness is as about as good as I could hope for. I will say that when my hard pull draw showed up a couple times, it was more of a looping draw to the left rough and not OB so that was pretty awesome. 

The feel and sound are probably the most noticable characteristics. They're so good that I was just disappointed when we came to a par 3. I was so jazzed up to hit another drive. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 9/5/2022 at 4:54 PM, azstu324 said:

So I was able to get out and take the 0311 for a proper spin. 

Anyone with any bit of hesitation about looking into these and/or pulling the trigger, box that $hit up, put a padlock on it and throw it in ocean! 

Looks, sound, feel, performance=10/10!

Forgiveness is as about as good as I could hope for. I will say that when my hard pull draw showed up a couple times, it was more of a looping draw to the left rough and not OB so that was pretty awesome. 

The feel and sound are probably the most noticable characteristics. They're so good that I was just disappointed when we came to a par 3. I was so jazzed up to hit another drive. 

Super excited to get my shipping notification.  I have a lesson set up for the 16th - hoping to have it in-hand for that, and playing on the 18th for a buddy's birthday round, and nothing would give me greater pleasure than absolutely crushing him. 🙂

I'm going to attempt to treat this 60-day period like a MGS testing period, so expect lots of pics/vids/write-ups.  Fingers crossed it's a keeper.  (Though, now that I just sold my Garmin G80 from pandemic-life, the driver is effectively free - which rocks)

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T