Titleist TSR 2 Unoffiical Review

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to Titleist TSR 2 Unoffiical Review
35 minutes ago, cnosil said:

HMMMM.....sounds like a nice setup;  bet that would work for me too.   Anticipating normal 2 month turnaround before you switch to something else 🤣

Waiting in the wings huh? 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, cnosil said:

HMMMM.....sounds like a nice setup;  bet that would work for me too.   Anticipating normal 2 month turnaround before you switch to something else 🤣

Not a chance   I tend to keep Titleist drivers longer than anything else.  The last few models have just worked for me  

So, I don’t think so!!  Matter of fact.  Be on the Lookout for a driver Sale-A-Thon!!   . TM, Cobra, Mizuno, PXG and previous Titleist TSi1. 

14 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Waiting in the wings huh? 😂😂😂

He better grab a snickers bar…as they say 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Nice!

Definitely looking forward to hearing more about the fairway.

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My Setup:

TSR 2 10.0  HZRDUS Smoke CB Red 6.0 50G

That is interesting, I don't have as "aggressive" a move from the top, but good to hear that 6.0 works with your swing.  I am really looking forward to these being available and getting fitted with the right head/shaft combo for me.  

Also... great choice to use the Open Championship 150th ball in your pics!!  

• Like 2

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

• Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2
  • Maxfli Tour

12 minutes ago, Tiftaaft said:

That is interesting, I don't have as "aggressive" a move from the top, but good to hear that 6.0 works with your swing.  I am really looking forward to these being available and getting fitted with the right head/shaft combo for me.  

Also... great choice to use the Open Championship 150th ball in your pics!!  

Yes. To be honest I was a bit Leary of the 6.0 HZRDUS.  Especially since my first experience with a HZRDUS s few years back wasn’t great.    But the shaft really works for me.   It also goes to show what every good fitter I’ve been to says is true.  Weight is much more important than flex.   So staying in the 50g lane hasn’t cost me any swing speed, in fact picked up a bit as mentioned.   But with the sturdiness I’d this shaft I feel I can really swing hard if not fast—If that makes sense.   I don’t feel like I’m having to guide the club.   I can just let it go. 

I’m still playing with the settings a bit to optimize the flight/spin.  So I think there is still more there according to the Titleist fitting chart     The rep will be by in a couple weeks and said we can make some adjustments or changes if we need to.  But I’m happy with the early returns  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes. To be honest I was a bit Leary of the 6.0 HZRDUS.  Especially since my first experience with a HZRDUS s few years back wasn’t great.    But the shaft really works for me.   It also goes to show what every good fitter I’ve been to says is true.  Weight is much more important than flex.   So staying in the 50g lane hasn’t cost me any swing speed, in fact picked up a bit as mentioned.   But with the sturdiness I’d this shaft I feel I can really swing hard if not fast—If that makes sense.   I don’t feel like I’m having to guide the club.   I can just let it go. 

I’m still playing with the settings a bit to optimize the flight/spin.  So I think there is still more there according to the Titleist fitting chart     The rep will be by in a couple weeks and said we can make some adjustments or changes if we need to.  But I’m happy with the early returns  

Great info!  I have always steered clear of the HZRDUS shafts due to the my swing style and leaned toward the Evenflow and Tensei shafts in regular flex due to my borderline swing speed (~89-93) with a smooth transition - but as has been discussed many many times in the forum... flex is subjective from shaft to shaft - and swing style/tempo/transition plays a huge role as well.  If I have learned one thing in my time here on the MGS Forum.... it is GET FIT!  I love that that shaft is a 50g weight... I will definitely try that when I am getting my fitting.   

I know the returns are early on the TSr2 - but how is the sound/feel?  When I tested the TSi3 vs. the TSi2... the difference was night and day to me... the "3" was just so solid feeling and sounding compared... it wasn't even a choice for me.  But from a club "profile" standpoint... the "2" should have been a better option for my swing.  I realize you haven't been able to side by side the two in the TSr line, but curious your initial take on the TSr2.  

• Like 2

Official MGS Tester: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 115 shafts (<--- Click Here)

• Titleist TSi3 9* (@ 10.5*) Driver
  • Srixon ZX 3W, 5W & 7W
  • Titleist TSi2 5 Hybrid
  • Titleist 2021 T200 6-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Jet Set Limited Newport 2
  • Maxfli Tour

20 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

But the shaft really works for me.   It also goes to show what every good fitter I’ve been to says is true.  Weight is much more important than flex.   So staying in the 50g lane hasn’t cost me any swing speed, in fact picked up a bit as mentioned.

Exactly. Flex is just a letter stamped on a shaft by a manufacturer. 

50g has been the weight you’ve been fit to several times that I can recall. 

weight then shaft profile. 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Thanks for opening this thread - I will be looking forward to ongoing results - my favorite driver of all time was a Titleist but it has been a while since I've even tried one.  This driver has me thinking that it might be time to give one a whirl.

What fairway did you go with?

• Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

Are you using the same loft as the TSi1?

• Like 1

14 of the following:

Ping G425 Max

Callaway Epic Max 5 wood

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

PXG 0311P Gen. 3  6-GW

PXG 0211 5-GW

PXG 0211 sand wedge bent to 53 degrees

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

6 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Exactly. Flex is just a letter stamped on a shaft by a manufacturer. 

50g has been the weight you’ve been fit to several times that I can recall. 

weight then shaft profile. 

You are correct many times in the 50, an occasional 55 but haven't played a 60g reguarly in at least 5 years.  

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Thanks for opening this thread - I will be looking forward to ongoing results - my favorite driver of all time was a Titleist but it has been a while since I've even tried one.  This driver has me thinking that it might be time to give one a whirl.

What fairway did you go with?

I know, I know you've told me you've  just have never hit Titleist drivers well.     Well maybe this is the one.   If you are able to get to a fitting or Titleist Thursday when they start in your area, definitely do so.   You will be surprised, I bet. 

3 hours ago, Hook DeLoft said:

Are you using the same loft as the TSi1?

No, I had a 9 in the TSi1, as I knew it was a higher launching, higher spinning head.   So went with the 10 in the TSR.  But I got with our teachiing pro and we  played with it a bit in the D2 setting which is -1 degree loft as I was launching a bit too high on my first go round with it.   I only hit about 6 shots with it there and it got a bit better launch.  

• Like 4

I am watching this thread closely, thanks for starting it, I will be following with interest. I have every intention of going for a driver, 3W and 3H fitting soon. I was planning on True Spec, but in that I am not interested in paying any premium for after market shafts - I am trying to find a demo day with a bonafide Titleist rep within driving distance. I just want someone to tell me if the TSR2 heads are right, and which of their standard shafts fit me best. Right now I am driver 50g S, 3W 60g S, 3H 75g S - I should probably drop to Regular shafts now, not sure if I need to drop to lighter as well.

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys

8 minutes ago, Middler said:

I am watching this thread closely, thanks for starting it, I will be following with interest. I have every intention of going for a driver, 3W and 3H fitting soon. I was planning on True Spec, but in that I am not interested in paying any premium for after market shafts - I am trying to find a demo day with a bonafide Titleist rep within driving distance. I just want someone to tell me if the TSR2 heads are right, and which of their standard shafts fit me best. Right now I am driver 50g S, 3W 60g S, 3H 75g S - I should probably drop to Regular shafts now, not sure if I need to drop to lighter as well.

I think TrueSpec is a great company, and @jlukes did a good fitting with them, and I think he can probably tell you they won't try to upsell you like CC will.   Just from what I have heard, no personal experience.    If not them, than keep an eye out  and Use This Link to find a fitting near you. 

One of the traps guys your age and mind, I think we are similar, can fall into is going with what we've always gone with.   That can be dangerous too ways,  staying in something that is too strong for you when you don't have the right swing to anymore.  Or even on the other side, thinking something is too strong for you when really the other profiles inthe shaft may offset the listed flex.   That is the exact case fo rme with this HZRDUS 6.0 shaft.   There is nothing in the numbers of my swing speed that would tell you it's the right shaft for me.   But for knowledble fittters that know it's firm in the places I need it and a bit softer where I need it, it obvisouyly was a good choice.    You've read the stated gians above, so I won't repat them.  I just hope I repeat them on the course Thursday for my league play 🙂

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I think TrueSpec is a great company, and @jlukes did a good fitting with them, and I think he can probably tell you they won't try to upsell you like CC will.   Just from what I have heard, no personal experience.    If not them, than keep an eye out  and Use This Link to find a fitting near you. 

So like the fitting I just scheduled myself Rob since you know I was excited to see the the TSR line. We'll see what happens here.

• Like 4

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4.0 C, DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

4 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

So like the fitting I just scheduled myself Rob since you know I was excited to see the the TSR line. We'll see what happens here.

Nice can't wait to hear about it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You are correct many times in the 50, an occasional 55 but haven't played a 60g reguarly in at least 5 years.  

The “red” profile also seems to be a consistent one as well. I know the Diamana red has been in one or two of your fittings 

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Nice can't wait to hear about it. 

First thing to note, advertised as free through Titleist's website, but it's apparently 100 dollars at Turning Stone, but I get a dozen balls, a glove and a 50 dollar store credit for a same day order... so works out even I think.

• Like 5

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX119 18* Hybrid, Project X Evenflow Blue, 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole 4.0 C, DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV Divide

I still love my TSi3, but you guys are killing me with these TSr reviews.  I have to admit it looks really nice.

I am too scared to go to my local Titleist rep since if I get more than 5-7 yards with tighter dispersion, I am a sucker for buying it on the spot.  

Thankfully, the delivery would be several months out, so I think I will refrain from seeing the local Titleist rep and wait it out until our season is over up here.  

Plus I figure TM will have the next gen Carbon Wood to compare it against. I got to try to support Rory and Tiger with my dollars for not going to Liv right? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

:titelist-small:  TSi 3   9.0  AV Raw White 65 Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 AV Raw White 75 Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

Haywood  5-PW iron Signature - Recoil 780 ES F4 Stiff - Bent 2 deg flat

:taylormade-small:  52 - 09 Tour Preferred EF  - KBS Tour Wedge 

Haywood   56 - 12 KBS Tour Wedge

:taylormade-small:  60 - 10 Tour Preferred - KBS Tour Wedge 

:titelist-small:  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35

:srixon-small: Z-Star XV 

image.png.1cf0013c54bf0f68066ba2034c7799d0.png

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

I still love my TSi3, but you guys are killing me with these TSr reviews.  I have to admit it looks really nice.

I am too scared to go to my local Titleist rep since if I get more than 5-7 yards with tighter dispersion, I am a sucker for buying it on the spot.  

Thankfully, the delivery would be several months out, so I think I will refrain from seeing the local Titleist rep and wait it out until our season is over up here.  

Plus I figure TM will have the next gen Carbon Wood to compare it against. I got to try to support Rory and Tiger with my dollars for not going to Liv right? 🤣

Lots of Titleist guys stayed too. 😎

• Like 1

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway.