Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist TSR 2 Unoffiical Review

Golfspy_CG2

21 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For me it is accuracy. I have a Mavrick Sub Zero which is great for distance, but I get so hurt on left to right that it just kills my game and rounds so often. Just wanting something I can have more confidence in really. Plus I have a tendency to spin the ball a little too much so maybe we can find something that is the best of both worlds. 

This is probably a swing issue along with how that drivers the club to the ball and where fact contact is.

It’s possible to reduce that thru a fitting to get you into the right head, right loft and right shaft that pairs with your swing to help you deliver the club better and thus reducing the amount of spin, getting better launch to pair with the spin.

The purpose of a fitting is to optimize your launch characteristics and reduce the penalty of the big miss. It won’t fix a swing fault

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Of course to an extent, however there is no question that sub zero driver versions are less forgiving and more prone to twisting than higher moi drivers. 

While moi is used to judge forgiveness what makes a driver forgiving for a player is the launch characteristics that come from how the golfer swings the club. A driver that is designed to create more spin is going to be bad and unforgiving for someone who creates a lot of spin. Also doesn’t mean a low spin driver is the best option either.

One has to determine what’s causing the spin. Is it face contact on the bottom half of the face, is it a swing path and face to path relationship.

Finding a driver that head, proper loft, face angle and shaft that feels good to the golfer will go a long way in providing the forgiveness. How many times have we seen people get fit into a driver that by “marketing” or “design” isn’t considered forgiving be the better option for the golfer. We’ve seen people fit into tsi3 who thought tsi2 or even tsi1 would be their choice. Or look at nelly korda who is one of the best in the world and has some good swing speed is playing tsi1 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

50 minutes ago, Middler said:

Not trying to argue, but unless you're grossly misfit - I didn't think a driver can do anything to improve left-right dispersion, as that's a face to path issue? A new driver won't change face to path? All the talk of improving dispersion for drivers, and most clubs, is distance. I'm going to get fitted for and buy a TSR2 driver, 3W and 3H, but I don't expect to see any measurable change in left-right dispersion.

From my experience hitting clubs; from driver to putter, different clubs perform differently and even if not grossly misfit you can improve left to right dispersion.  Face to path can be tweaked by changing head, shaft, and/or total club weight.  Weight is something that influences rotation so it can be used to fine tune club delivery 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

While moi is used to judge forgiveness what makes a driver forgiving for a player is the launch characteristics that come from how the golfer swings the club. A driver that is designed to create more spin is going to be bad and unforgiving for someone who creates a lot of spin. Also doesn’t mean a low spin driver is the best option either.

One has to determine what’s causing the spin. Is it face contact on the bottom half of the face, is it a swing path and face to path relationship.

Finding a driver that head, proper loft, face angle and shaft that feels good to the golfer will go a long way in providing the forgiveness. How many times have we seen people get fit into a driver that by “marketing” or “design” isn’t considered forgiving be the better option for the golfer. We’ve seen people fit into tsi3 who thought tsi2 or even tsi1 would be their choice. Or look at nelly korda who is one of the best in the world and has some good swing speed is playing tsi1 

Of course. And in regards to the previous quoted comment of course I have swing faults... who here doesn't. Again the sub zero head isn't known for being a driver that allows for even smaller mishits. It was a replacement head and altho it does work I have some huge drives with it and when I do have a good swing thought/day it often produces drives in the 290+ range for me. However I would much prefer something that is fit better to me, which enables me to hit more fairways even if it means I loose 10-15 yards. Example being last round every fairway I hit I made par or better. Any hole that I straight into the rough I was able to scramble and make the odd par, however I also had several bogeys and doubles. I'm hopeful that a titlelist or another oem may have a driver that can help me produce better swings/results. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Of course. And in regards to the previous quoted comment of course I have swing faults... who here doesn't. Again the sub zero head isn't known for being a driver that allows for even smaller mishits. It was a replacement head and altho it does work I have some huge drives with it and when I do have a good swing thought/day it often produces drives in the 290+ range for me. However I would much prefer something that is fit better to me, which enables me to hit more fairways even if it means I loose 10-15 yards. Example being last round every fairway I hit I made par or better. Any hole that I straight into the rough I was able to scramble and make the odd par, however I also had several bogeys and doubles. I'm hopeful that a titlelist or another oem may have a driver that can help me produce better swings/results. 

Dialing back my swing speed has done exactly that for me, same driver I bought in 2018. My longest drives definitely aren't as far by 15-20 yards, but I hit more fairways and my average length is almost the same - because my distance dispersion is better, along with side to side. I fight the urge to hit longer, but I score better if I hit more fairways, and that's more important than that one to two bombs per round. And I don't lose as many balls as I used to... 🙂

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

15 minutes ago, Middler said:

Dialing back my swing speed has done exactly that for me, same driver I bought in 2018. My longest drives definitely aren't as far by 15-20 yards, but I hit more fairways and my average length is almost the same - because my distance dispersion is better, along with side to side. I fight the urge to hit longer, but I score better if I hit more fairways, and that's more important than that one to two bombs per round. And I don't lose as many balls as I used to... 🙂

Funny you do mention dialling back. I did do that last round and made real effort to. It was a little better, but found the swing also felt a bit goofy and not as tight or compact. I'm sure I could get use to it ... however something new a shiny also may complement that haha

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

34 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Funny you do mention dialling back. I did do that last round and made real effort to. It was a little better, but found the swing also felt a bit goofy and not as tight or compact. I'm sure I could get use to it ... however something new a shiny also may complement that haha

At least with driver, I feel that my closer to "all out" swing is much more accurate than my "dialed back" swing.  I think I end up getting more out of sync when I try to go easy on it. YMMV, but my motto has been like my head cover this year.... "Just Bomb It!"

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

54 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I’m buying TSRs soon, and I know it won’t improve my drives or score…I like new shiny things too!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Again the sub zero head isn't known for being a driver that allows for even smaller mishits. It was a replacement head and altho it does work I have some huge drives with it and when I do have a good swing thought/day it often produces drives in the 290+ range for me.

Correct and it’s usually meant for higher swing speed players that don’t miss to far from either center or the sweet spot that’s just towards the toe and just above center.

Its used by some to reduce spin, the problems come when the golfer makes a better swing and hits the ball higher on the face and it takes too much spin off the shot and increases launch. With this if the numbers are just right can lead to longer drives due to the high launch low spin

6 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Realized the GG near ikea where I have to get meatballs after my round Saturday I’d have their free event that day. Is it worth stopping in and testing? I know I have three other fitters that likely would do a better job. 

Cascade Station 🙂

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I feel that my closer to "all out" swing is much more accurate than my "dialed back" swing. 

Sadly, both these swings are VERY similar for me.  

BTW, I have my appointment at PGASS next Friday at 1:15 🙂

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Sadly, both these swings are VERY similar for me.  

BTW, I have my appointment at PGASS next Friday at 1:15 🙂

Mine is at 1:15 as well.

The Twilight Zone Gif on Behance

Of course I'm EST not CST, but still! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Mine is at 1:15 as well.

The Twilight Zone Gif on Behance

Of course I'm EST not CST, but still! 

That must be the reserved timeslot for MyGolfSpy Mods... haha.  Yes, that is a little freaky in it's coincidence - time zone notwithstanding.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

5 hours ago, Middler said:

We all have different preferences, not suggesting one is better than another, but I simply wouldn't buy a matte finish driver or FW. Just a traditional thing for me I guess. I see people talk about looking down at clubs, I am only looking at the ball at address, and can't see the club once my backswing starts.

That's fair. I'm on the equator so it's impossible for me not to see the club when it's blinding me

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

7 hours ago, cnosil said:

From my experience hitting clubs; from driver to putter, different clubs perform differently and even if not grossly misfit you can improve left to right dispersion.  Face to path can be tweaked by changing head, shaft, and/or total club weight.  Weight is something that influences rotation so it can be used to fine tune club delivery 

I agree different clubs / setup / weight can influence ballflight and dispersíon.  I am a seasonal weight mover.  My stiff winter body needs most of the weight toward the heel or its slice city.  My less stiff summer body has me move the heavier weight to the toe or its hook city.  Having a driver that allows that flexibility in weight set up compensates for (one of) my swing limitations.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 9/14/2022 at 7:06 PM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I understand that "X" vs "S" on a shaft really doesn't tell us very much.  What I found surprising is that what is suggested is that if I fit into a Ventus Blue profile, getting the 5, 6, or 7 part right is more important than the R, S, or X.

I'd imagine it's all still intertwined and you can't go crazy in either direction.  Just another little nuance to consider when being fit. 

... How you swing has always been more important than how fast you swing. Over generalized but the later your release the more important flex is. That is the guiding principle behind Karsten putting one size fits all x flex shafts in his Eye 2's because as an engineer he thought it took loading/unloading the shaft out of the equation. It is also behind the Nunchuck shaft that theoretically makes contact with the shaft in a straight line because it is so heavy and extra stiff. But not over generalized, I also think it is al intertwined and the nuances that should be worked through in a good fitting. 

... I am as excited about the TSR2 as any new driver in recent memory and am really looking forward to demoing one. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

So, I had my fitting this weekend for TSR 2 and I have to say, I left with a sour taste in my mouth. Yes, that's what they call a tease... I'll post my thoughts later tonight after work.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

You should have left these home. 😝😂

23EFDB10-618C-4E5A-AB10-0B8A24709E7E.webp.f3cd9a0bd7d90b471e3fef0d4b8bdd55.webp

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Ok, so first I understand my role in this story I am about to tell and that some of it is my fault, but I figured it would be worth telling regardless.

So Saturday, I went to Turning Stone for their Titleist fitting event. Checked in with a guy in the shop was the pro when I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods and we caught up with each other. Paid my $100 for the fitting, got my dozen Pro V1s and a Taylormade TP glove. So even if I didn't order anything I got nearly 75 bucks worth of kit, so that was nice. I then waited to go to the outdoor range and when I got there there was a guy going through a fitting, they told me to get warmed up.

Here was my first flaw. The fitter was working with this guy and the pro was working with him too because he was going through a full bag fitting. He apparently booked multiple slots to try everything so he was working on a whole bag sale after 4 days in the area. So when I got on the Trackman with my driver, I was a bit puzzled when he told me the numbers. Carry 171, total 217.

I was swinging at a read 95 mph on Trackman, which wasn't that crazy of a number for me. What was crazy, launching at 5 degrees, with a negative AoA of 3 degrees, but still spinning in the 2200-2400 range. The numbers didn't make sense, but he gave me a TSR 2, lofted up to 11.5 with... a Hzrdus Black 60 6.0. So lofting up with a low launch low spin shaft where he wanted to see my launch go up and it did, to around 6 degrees, spinning up around 150 rpms more. Best shot was carry 207, total 246. 

At this point, I should have said something, but I didn't because I was frustrated in what was happening. That was my issue. I should have pushed back stronger but since everything was going so wrong and the numbers made no sense, I decided to just take the L on the day and move on. I did get to hit the TSR 2 with an AD-DI in it, 6 S. It made no difference here.

So why I did leave sour? I felt a little shut out by the fitter and considering I cancelled a fitting with my usual guy in Victor and paid for this fitting, that turned me off. Again, I understand that this was also my fault, I should have pushed back firmer, but I was just a bit upset by the whole thing and that's not a me.

So what did I think of the TSR, I hope I can tell you after October 10th, when I got for a full long game fitting at my Club Champion. There appears to be promise in it for me, I just think I need to really unlock it or perhaps get my swing in more working order because what happened on Saturday was not what made any sense to me.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

5 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Ok, so first I understand my role in this story I am about to tell and that some of it is my fault, but I figured it would be worth telling regardless.

So Saturday, I went to Turning Stone for their Titleist fitting event. Checked in with a guy in the shop was the pro when I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods and we caught up with each other. Paid my $100 for the fitting, got my dozen Pro V1s and a Taylormade TP glove. So even if I didn't order anything I got nearly 75 bucks worth of kit, so that was nice. I then waited to go to the outdoor range and when I got there there was a guy going through a fitting, they told me to get warmed up.

Here was my first flaw. The fitter was working with this guy and the pro was working with him too because he was going through a full bag fitting. He apparently booked multiple slots to try everything so he was working on a whole bag sale after 4 days in the area. So when I got on the Trackman with my driver, I was a bit puzzled when he told me the numbers. Carry 171, total 217.

I was swinging at a read 95 mph on Trackman, which wasn't that crazy of a number for me. What was crazy, launching at 5 degrees, with a negative AoA of 3 degrees, but still spinning in the 2200-2400 range. The numbers didn't make sense, but he gave me a TSR 2, lofted up to 11.5 with... a Hzrdus Black 60 6.0. So lofting up with a low launch low spin shaft where he wanted to see my launch go up and it did, to around 6 degrees, spinning up around 150 rpms more. Best shot was carry 207, total 246. 

At this point, I should have said something, but I didn't because I was frustrated in what was happening. That was my issue. I should have pushed back stronger but since everything was going so wrong and the numbers made no sense, I decided to just take the L on the day and move on. I did get to hit the TSR 2 with an AD-DI in it, 6 S. It made no difference here.

So why I did leave sour? I felt a little shut out by the fitter and considering I cancelled a fitting with my usual guy in Victor and paid for this fitting, that turned me off. Again, I understand that this was also my fault, I should have pushed back firmer, but I was just a bit upset by the whole thing and that's not a me.

So what did I think of the TSR, I hope I can tell you after October 10th, when I got for a full long game fitting at my Club Champion. There appears to be promise in it for me, I just think I need to really unlock it or perhaps get my swing in more working order because what happened on Saturday was not what made any sense to me.

How did he not realize the distance was off with the swing speed???

32 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

How did he not realize the distance was off with the swing speed???

Again, he was on Day 4 so I understand. Guy was at local Golf Galaxy the day before so he had seen a lot of atuff i assume. The spin troubled me, a negative AOA with a standard spin rate was weirder.

It kinda is what it is Tom. I learned a lesson that I should have learned from the trip, if yoi have a guy who you trust, why divert from him?

SIK Golf Flo-C

I am anxiously awaiting my first look/swings with the TSR series at PGASS tomorrow.  I am really anxious to see how they compare with my TSi3.  I'm also hoping to have enough time to dive into shafts.  Love my Tensei AV Blue, but since I already have that and can pop it in the new head, makes little sense to me to get the same shaft in the new driver if there is an equivalent or better option available for my swing.  

I have heard A LOT of positive comments about the "2".  I wasn't a fan of the TSi2 based on feel and sound compared to the TSi3... but performance will trump that this go-around... again... I have the TSi3 that checks those boxes.  I have a feeling it will be a pretty obvious choice once I swing the new line a few times.  

Updates to follow after my fitting session.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I am anxiously awaiting my first look/swings with the TSR series at PGASS tomorrow.  I am really anxious to see how they compare with my TSi3.  I'm also hoping to have enough time to dive into shafts.  Love my Tensei AV Blue, but since I already have that and can pop it in the new head, makes little sense to me to get the same shaft in the new driver if there is an equivalent or better option available for my swing.  

I have heard A LOT of positive comments about the "2".  I wasn't a fan of the TSi2 based on feel and sound compared to the TSi3... but performance will trump that this go-around... again... I have the TSi3 that checks those boxes.  I have a feeling it will be a pretty obvious choice once I swing the new line a few times.  

Looking forward to hearing what you think. When I went into the shop today no LH available and asked to check in other stores and same thing... None in the main big shop in Switzerland 😞

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

If a shaft is a good fit for your swing the chances that another shaft will perform better is slim. 

The shaft would have to have some influence on your swing mechanics to have an affect on your launch characteristics.

Since titleist kept that shaft in the matrix would indicate that it’s as good a pairing with the TSR line as it is the tsi.

One really needs to look at the pros and see how infrequently they change shafts despite changing heads. They will more than likely change loft before shaft because loft of the head has more impact over launch. When they change shafts it’s for either a different feel and that feel changes to some extent their swing.

The video of Ian’s witb from several months back comparing shafts or some of his recent videos you can see the differences in swing path change despite things like face to path remaining the same and the swing path influencing his results some good and some bad

31 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Since titleist kept that shaft in the matrix would indicate that it’s as good a pairing with the TSR line as it is the tsi.

No question, I think the Tensei line is a great line of shafts, and the AV Blue is really good for my swing.  You are most likely correct that I won't see a performance boost from another shaft... just considering the opportunity to have my cake and eat a piece of pie as well 😉.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

3 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

yeah man!  I'm getting pretty excited to try it out.  I remember listening to @Lacassem smashing the TSi3 in the hitting bay and absolutely loving the sound, so I have high expectations for the TSR line.  

As far as performance, I really don't see how anything is going to top the Epic Max LS for me, but I've been wrong before!

Either way, it will be fun to swing something new and share my perspective with the forum! 

@Golfspy_TCB long drive competition?? 😉 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

long drive competition?? 😉 

You want some of my 89mph @GolfSpy_BOS?  Come get it!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Ugh I told myself I was going to wait another year before even trying out any new drivers but this thread has me shook....

My only challenge with the TSi3 (10* at C1 with T1 weight) which has been the best driver for me since the R11 is that when I start to early extend which happens more when I am not playing as much (those pesky kids getting in the way) and miss heel side, I see high spinny fades that lose a fair amount of distance. When I tinker with the weight/adapter it just creates other issues, so I keep it at the settings I was fitted for and deal with the misses. The purchase justification side of my brain wonders if an 8* or 9* TSr2 would mitigate that spin on heel misses without messing with all the other positives with the TSi3...only one way to find out!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

19 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

The purchase justification side of my brain wonders if an 8* or 9* TSr2 would mitigate that spin on heel misses without messing with all the other positives with the TSi3...only one way to find out!

No. Balls on the heel are going to spin more than balls hit in the middle or towards the toe and have the same ball fade/slice ball flight. The amount of spin reduction you see from an 8° or 9° compared to the 10° isn’t going to be significant 

Just returned from my TSR fitting at PGA Tour Superstore.  

Just as beautiful in person as in the pics.  I was lucky enough to have the same fitter that fit me into my T200's last summer, so he at least had some background in my swing (there were no false hopes that I would be rolling out to 350... haha).  But it was good to have someone I was familiar with, and I was comfortable with. 

I arrived early, and spent about 10 minutes loosening up in an open bay, it was evident I didn't have my A swing today, so I knew the fitter would have a challenge with me.  I took 4 swings with my current TSi3, and actually hit 3 decent (for me) shots to set the baseline.  He had me hit the TSR3, then the TSR2, and it was evident to both of us... the "3" was a better fit for me.  It just felt right. 

What the numbers showed, was an average increase in ball speed by about 3 MPH between my TSi3 and the TSR3.  But more importantly, the spin numbers were lower and with less dispersion.  I was averaging 2500 rpm with my driver, and I averaged 2100 with the TSR.  As a result, I was seeing about 10-15 yards more in total distance (roll out) on the monitor.  

Because I'm sure @GolfSpy_BOS will want to embarrass me publically after his fitting... my peak total distance was 268... (so Bryan, you can go ahead and use your 4 iron to best me in the Long Drive competition today),  my average was 258 compared to my current driver average of 245.  I told you all I was a slow swinger.  My ball speed numbers were averaging 131 with my current driver, and were up around 134 with the TSR3... I had one that was up in the 136 range.  Sadly, I was having trouble straightening out my fade, so I probably cost myself a little distance there... but that is just Launch Monitor games anyway.  

From a look, feel and performance standpoint... it isn't light years from the TSi3, but it outperformed the TSi3 in small, but measurable increments in pretty much every category.

We also toyed with different shafts, swing weights, and weight position settings... and we also discussed how my A3 hosel setting is probably accentuating the fade I have... so we pulled back to the A2 setting (which is an upright setting, vs. upright and closed with the A3 according to the fitter).  The shaft he fit me into after trying several flexes and brands was the Tensei AV Blue X-link in Regular.

I didn't order the driver on the spot... but based on my fitting today... it will happen soon, I'm a fan.

Looking forward to hearing the results of everyone else's fittings - and @GolfSpy_BOS - if this will challenge your Epic Max!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1