TESTERS WANTED! ×

Who is your Spirit Golfer?

GolfSpy TCB

According to Dictionary.Com, A "Spirit Animal" is a spirit which helps guide or protect a person on a journey and whose characteristics that person shares or embodies.... also... someone or something a person relates to or admires.  

With that in mind...

Who is YOUR Spirit Golfer and Why?

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

For me, the answer is easy.  

The King, Arnold Palmer.

Not only did Arnold Palmer usher in the new age of golf during the development of televised events, but he epitomized the every man - and told a nation that anyone can play golf, not just the country club elites.  Arnold was the poster-boy for golf tradition and attracted the masses to golf.  A rare few have brought more people to the game, and I would argue that none have done so with the integrity that Arnold did.   And if you were lucky enough to receive a "thumbs up" from the King... you knew that the golf gods were looking down favorably on you.

palmer_1920_thumbs_up.jpg

While his professional golf record is amazing... including 7 majors with 4 Green Jackets.. and as his tournament victories were as explosive as his losses - it is his impact on the institution of golf... outside the tour that impresses me most to this day.  My grandfathers came from different worlds, and usually didn't agree on anything... but one thing they had in common... their favorite golfer was Arnold Palmer.  If he was good enough for them, he is good enough for me.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

For me would have to go with Mike Weir. 
Canadian and Lefty and someone who I admired both his attitude and demeanor on and off the golf course. 
image.png

He did so much for the game in Canada and catapulted its popularity for a long time as well as was always an easy guy to root for. Him being a slightly smaller guy and not the longer hitter was much like me as a junior/younger golfer and again being a lefty helped a lot. 

I know he wasn't the most successful, but he made a lasting impression on me and my golf game. 

It has also been really nice to see his resurgence the last couple years and him being more competitive in various events across a number of good fields!  

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For me would have to go with Mike Weir. 
Canadian and Lefty and someone who I admired both his attitude and demeanor on and off the golf course. 
image.png

He did so much for the game in Canada and catapulted its popularity for a long time as well as was always an easy guy to root for. Him being a slightly smaller guy and not the longer hitter was much like me as a junior/younger golfer and again being a lefty helped a lot. 

I know he wasn't the most successful, but he made a lasting impression on me and my golf game. 

It has also been really nice to see his resurgence the last couple years and him being more competitive in various events across a number of good fields!  

First Lefty to put on the Green Jacket!  One could say he paved the way for Phil and Bubba!  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

image.jpeg.fe53c6c69b6d3e17416f9f213de38102.jpeg

As a kid, I loved his swing.

I wanted to have that fluidity and ease of power. But he also had a calmness about him. He never seemed to be out of control of his emotions.

If I had to pick 2 guys, Id also pick Wiersy. I'm Canadian and he changed the landscape of golf for the better here in Canada

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

1 minute ago, JerBooth said:

image.jpeg.fe53c6c69b6d3e17416f9f213de38102.jpeg

As a kid, I loved his swing.

I wanted to have that fluidity and ease of power. But he also had a calmness about him. He never seemed to be out of control of his emotions.

If I had to pick 2 guys, Id also pick Wiersy. I'm Canadian and he changed the landscape of golf for the better here in Canada

Love this @JerBooth.  As a native PNW golfer... Freddie was one of my golf heroes.  I remember making a bet with my golfing buddies - taking Freddie against the field at the '92 Masters... I almost had a heart attack on the 12th hole Sunday!!!!  Boom Boom is GREAT!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

@Golfspy_TCBI'd just love a day with the guy. Golf course or not.
He seems like such an interesting person. Yes I'd love to play golf with him. I'd honestly get my ass kicked but just to chat and chase a ball would be be a dream round.

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.