TESTERS WANTED! ×

15 Top Custom Putter Designers!

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

putter-designer-banner.jpg

600_light_brown_dots.jpg

In the showcase below we present 15 Top Custom Putter Designers that still do it the old-school way...with their hands. The majority of the putter designers below make all of their putters from scratch and almost all are produced in the good ol' USA. These are only a couple of the features that make these designers special...these guys do some amazing work. Anyone can go to a store and spend $300 on a mass produced putter with no blood, sweat and tears mixed in. But wouldn't you rather have a putter that no one else in the world can say they own?

We strongly encourage you to check out their work and check out what some of them are capable of. Have a putter design of your own...let one of them know...many of them will take your own design and bring it to life for you.

** NOT IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER **

1. Piretti Putters

piretti putters

2. Slighter Golf

slighter putters

3. Gauge Designs

gauge design putters

4. Sizemore Golf

sizemore putters

5. DogLegRight Putters

dog leg right putters

6. Tad Moore Putters

tad moore putters

7. Kevin Burns Putters

kevin burns putters

8. TP Mills Putters

tp mills putters

9. Clay Long Putters

clay long putters

10. Byron Morgan Putters

byron morgan putters

11. 350 Milled Putters

350 milled putters

12. Dave Hicks Golf

dave hicks putters

13. Edel Golf Putters

edel putters

14. Deschamps Putters

deschamps putters

15. Dave Curry Putters

dave curry putters

600_light_brown_dots.jpg

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Great list of craftsmanship. I could go on and on about how great the Byron experience is as a consumer.

Aren't Gauge and Sizemore having issues though?

A copper Machine is near the top of my want to have list. So great looking and so many transformation options.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

It is a great list, hard to say (or find someone who says) something negative about any of them.

Definitely a thumbs up from me for Byron, though that's obvious to anyone who has seen my putter collection (6, plus one in transit, and counting). Craftsmanship, customer service, everything about that group is absolutely top of the line.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Kind of upset to see Mannkrafted not up there.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Byron and Slighter are the two that jump out at me in terms of hearing consistent overwhelming positive feedback on discussion boards (MGS and others).

After looking at the websites, 350 milled is one that I want to look into further. The putters showcased on their site look amazing and I love the customization options.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I think this is a pretty good list, although a couple of names come to mind that may be missing but I'm really happy to see one name not on the list.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

• SPY VIP

I think this is a pretty good list, although a couple of names come to mind that may be missing but I'm really happy to see one name not on the list.

:)

Very strong following for many of these SMALL makers. I think that the one you are thinking of is a touch bigger...

Volvo Intorqueo

Byron and Slighter are the two that jump out at me in terms of hearing consistent overwhelming positive feedback on discussion boards (MGS and others).

After looking at the websites, 350 milled is one that I want to look into further. The putters showcased on their site look amazing and I love the customization options.

I don't know anyone with a Slighter who was unhappy with the process or the finished product. I've emailed Tom a couple times and have been nothing but impressed with the quality of the customer service. Same for the guys at 350 Milled.

:)

Very strong following for many of these SMALL makers. I think that the one you are thinking of is a touch bigger...

I agree. These guys listed all make fine putters as does a couple of names not on the list. I also think they should be referred to as "custom builders" and not "custom designers" in some cases, although many do have original ideas in the lineups along with the old tried and true styles. JMO of course.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

• SPY VIP

The DogLegRight putter looks really neat. You can adjust flanges and weights. Very nice.

These are very cool. Machine is the name of the putters though. Search them. Very nice stuff with amazing craftsmanship. Metal grips too.

The copper ones are stunning.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

All sorts of different colors, all CNC milled. Here is a link.

That's them, good link. I have never used one of the metal grips. I expect it would take a while to get used to the feel. These guys make a mean putter though. I trust that there is some performance in the grip too.

Volvo Intorqueo

That's them, good link. I have never used one of the metal grips. I expect it would take a while to get used to the feel. These guys make a mean putter though. I trust that there is some performance in the grip too.

I wonder what would happen if your hands were all sweaty? I assume they would get rather slick.

I got to demo a Machine putter with their custom shaped grip. It wasn't the metal one, but it had the reverse-arch (I believe that's the name, couldn't find it on the site) shaping. It's a very hard thing to describe, but when you look at it and put it in your hands you say, "Hmmm...this makes sense." I'm not sure that it made me putt better, but it was a cool idea and I wish I had more time to mess with it.

I got to demo a Machine putter with their custom shaped grip. It wasn't the metal one, but it had the reverse-arch (I believe that's the name, couldn't find it on the site) shaping. It's a very hard thing to describe, but when you look at it and put it in your hands you say, "Hmmm...this makes sense." I'm not sure that it made me putt better, but it was a cool idea and I wish I had more time to mess with it.

Did the grip ever slip or anything?

Did the grip ever slip or anything?

No, it was a normal rubber grip, well installed. The shape does not cause it to slip out of your hands, it's designed to fit more naturally into your hands, and I think it does a good job of that. Again, I'd try to describe it more clearly but it was a couple years ago and I remember having zero success describing it at the time, so I won't try.

No, it was a normal rubber grip, well installed. The shape does not cause it to slip out of your hands, it's designed to fit more naturally into your hands, and I think it does a good job of that. Again, I'd try to describe it more clearly but it was a couple years ago and I remember having zero success describing it at the time, so I won't try.

Oh sorry, I must have misread your previous post, I thought you were using one of the metal grips.

Really like the 350 Milled putters. Nice to see they offer a floating face. Two questions for the board: 1) Anyone know if either or both of the 'oil' finishes they offer have a no-glare finish or are they shiny? 2) How much do these putters cost?

FOURTEEN STIX

LIMITLESS DEALS ON GOLF GEAR

ONE DEAL AT A TIME

GET HOOKED

www.14STIX.com

Pretty sure they can do matte oilcan. Don't really know. check out Putter Talk and ask them.

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Like several members here and their loyalty to byron and his designs, my personal favorite is TP Mills. I had the chance to meet David in December of 2009 at his shop down in Alabama. A true gentleman and first class person. Being in that shop and seeing all the milling machines made me appreciate the process one step at a time. He even remembered my puttter, as he said he only made a few of the tour issue softtails with the shorter neck. Heck he even gave me a couple of his grips and installed one for me.

A little history, if you have ever wondered whats behind the sunburst and the RS, it stands for Rising Sun. Not as in David being the Rising Son to TP, but apparently his putters are huge in Japan, so hence the homage to the land of the rising sun.

nothing i have ever rolled feels as good as a carbon Mills. Strictly my opinion of course.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• SPY VIP

Like several members here and their loyalty to byron and his designs, my personal favorite is TP Mills. I had the chance to meet David in December of 2009 at his shop down in Alabama. A true gentleman and first class person. Being in that shop and seeing all the milling machines made me appreciate the process one step at a time. He even remembered my puttter, as he said he only made a few of the tour issue softtails with the shorter neck. Heck he even gave me a couple of his grips and installed one for me.

A little history, if you have ever wondered whats behind the sunburst and the RS, it stands for Rising Sun. Not as in David being the Rising Son to TP, but apparently his putters are huge in Japan, so hence the homage to the land of the rising sun.

nothing i have ever rolled feels as good as a carbon Mills. Strictly my opinion of course.

Great story, but shouldn't you be studying to get that stripe? :)

Volvo Intorqueo

Speaking of that part of the world, Byron is more popular in Korea then SC is.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Great story, but shouldn't you be studying to get that stripe? :blink:

yes, but whats done is done now. Glad that test is over. Let the agaonizing waiting process begin. lol

I have to wait until around June to find out if i made it or not.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• SPY VIP

yes, but whats done is done now. Glad that test is over. Let the agaonizing waiting process begin. lol

I have to wait until around June to find out if i made it or not.

I am sure you did great man, but waiting til June is very lame...

Volvo Intorqueo

I am sure you did great man, but waiting til June is very lame...

true that, but there is actually a rhyme and reason to the government making me wait. People are deployed so they cant test until they get back, and my scores have to be bumped against everyone else in my career field across the Air Force...that takes time.

i wish they would scan the paper though when you are finished so that you at least knew what you received and could figure out if you were close to making it or not.

Archived