Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Who woulda thought that my love handles would come in handy someday?... and today was that day

brutal brutus

On another wise beautiful course... The Vineyard in CIncy, OH... There is a bit of bad course design/flow near the green of hole 3 and the tee of hole 4...

image.png.f9239201c5dd662b1fe2b7a3b5f6815a.png

So, you are looking at the approach zone, and green for hole 3 and the Tee for hole 4, which is just below the carts near the bunker.

There is a bowl off the fairway just left of center screen, in the shadow next to the pond. So not only can't you see the next tee from there, due to the large pines that are "supposed" guard the tee, you are also around 5-6ft below the level of the fairway. Every time I hit my approach on this hole, I am most definitely aware that if I slice this shot, it's going head hunting for someone over there....

So...

My cardmates and I had just finished teeing off on hole 4 and I had just put my 9i in the bag and was about to get in the cart when all of a sudden, it felt like I got stabbed in my lower back. I literally turned around and expected to see Monica Seles' attacker standing behind me... but all I saw was a ball sitting in the grass beside the bunker.  

No "FORE!" No "Heads up!" No nothing...

Instinct took over and I yelled back towards them, "Thx for the warning ***hole!" and got no response.

Hurt like hell for about 5min then went numb. Lucky I'm not a skinny guy or it might have hit me square in the top of my pelvis.

Ironically, the course marshal came around right as we were walking off the green and I explained what happened and asked him to give the twosome behind us a quick refresher on course etiquette. After we had tee'd off and were working our way down #5, the guy stepped thru the trees next to 4's tee with hat in hand. By then I had already calmed down and assured him that it was cool and just to be more aware in the future.

Good times...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

I have been hit twice on the golf course and you are correct it does hurt like hell.  Both occurrences happened several years ago at a tight 9 hole course.  The first strike happened when I was standing in my own fairway preparing to hit an approach shot and a ball ricochets off my shoulder and hits me in the side of the head.  A big slice off the tee of an adjacent hole found its mark with no warning.  The second time occurred when a thin/bladed approach shot hit me in the chest when I was walking off a tee.  Again, no warning.  If your trying to figure this one out, the #8 tee box was located behind the #7 green.  Thankfully, I took the target on my body and moved to a different course.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

37 minutes ago, David Leighton Reid said:

I have been hit twice on the golf course and you are correct it does hurt like hell.  Both occurrences happened several years ago at a tight 9 hole course.  The first strike happened when I was standing in my own fairway preparing to hit an approach shot and a ball ricochets off my shoulder and hits me in the side of the head.  A big slice off the tee of an adjacent hole found its mark with no warning.  The second time occurred when a thin/bladed approach shot hit me in the chest when I was walking off a tee.  Again, no warning.  If your trying to figure this one out, the #8 tee box was located behind the #7 green.  Thankfully, I took the target on my body and moved to a different course.  

I was hit a couple times when I drove the beer cart at the same course back in the early 00's. One was a ricochet off a tree that hit me square in the sternum... That one hurt for weeks. Deep bone bruise, ugh...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3* 10° HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 60g 6.5 D2**

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 A1**

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: TSi3* 20°  EvenFlow White 90HY 6.5X A1** 

:titelist-small: TSi2 24° HZRDUS Smoke Black 90HY 6.5 D4** 

Irons:  :titelist-small: 716 AP2 5-GW TT S300 (GW is S100) 

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM8 Jet Black 54°14F, 58°08M Wedge Flex

Putter: image.png.2cffbf846f1ed639b15f40483d11670d.png White Hot OG #7s

*All clubs with an adjustable weight, are set to neutral  **Hosel setting

Ball: Kirkland V2 or Chrome Soft Truvis Yellow

I've been hit and sadly hit others, one was my wife, HEHE, not funny but funny.  The wife shot short story, I had just bladed a 30' chip about 30 yards across the other side of the green. I was having some major chipping s*** going on. So her , her brother and friend of ours were all on the green far enough from the hole "I thought" so I decided to chip up on the green and get my putter in hand. Well I half blade this one goes straight at all 3 of them. None of them were watching what I was doing on account they had their cute little 10' putts to deal with. The ball one hops and gets her right in the side thwack. Yiiks I wasn't sure if I should laugh or toss my club someplace close tot he cart, I did both. 

I was also hit right smack in my left eyeball. That felt worse than a quad bog on a par 3. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

I was hit last year golfing with @twyatt700at stone creek. We were on 17, just walking to the green when someone hit into me and hit me on the bounce thankfully. Apparently this guy was playing up a tee with friends and didn’t know his distances. He also nearly got me on 18. No warning at all either. He just hit. I told the club house and they weren’t surprised this player was doing that. No idea if they gave him a partial ban or talked to him. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I was hit on the golf range once.  It reminded me of that scene from Tin Cup where Roy was "shooting chili peppers up Lee Janzen's a$$" haha.  I was standing to the right of a high school golf team... not sure if it was a toe, or a shank... but caught me square in the calf.  They apologized profusely... I said no problem and politely to my remaining bucket to the chipping area until they were done on the range  😉

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1