TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist TSR Offiical Launch-MGS First Look

Golfspy_CG2

31 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m about 3 hours away from Carlsbad and wondering if a mere mortal can get a custom fitting there, or do they farm that out to club champion etc…

I love my Mavrik on its stock Riptide stiff shaft, and it wasn’t “fit”to me. I’ve been “cool” on Titleist drivers for quite some time, but this one is interesting. I’d probably fit into the tsr2 as I utilize a lot of the face.

Mere mortals can go to the TPI to get fit.  Info located on their site: https://www.titleist.com/fitting/golf-club-fitting/titleist-performance-institute

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

I’m about 3 hours away from Carlsbad and wondering if a mere mortal can get a custom fitting there, or do they farm that out to club champion etc…

I love my Mavrik on its stock Riptide stiff shaft, and it wasn’t “fit”to me. I’ve been “cool” on Titleist drivers for quite some time, but this one is interesting. I’d probably fit into the tsr2 as I utilize a lot of the face.

It’s open to be public (for a cost) I mean they let me through the magic gates after all.  Ha 

Seriously, the fittings there are worth the drive and the price   You are getting some of the best in the business   You are hitting on a pristine teeing area and using ProV or ProVX

Which brings up an interesting and valid side story.  The fitters told me they hand had some senior players come through who had swing speeds in the 70’s and 80’s and we’re concerned they didn’t have the swing speed for ProV—which irritates me all the time when I hear that—but when they saw their results they were shocked,    

As much as I enjoyed my driver and iron fitting there.  It was the wedge fitting that to me was the most fun and I leaned a lot from. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Had an opportunity to hit the TSR3 today.  This was part of one of MGSs lab test series so it wasn’t fit, it was just hat it was.  Compared to what I remember from this seasons most wanted testing and the other drivers in the test,it wasn’t really any  faster than the other drivers.  I was in the 100-105 speed range with ball speeds around 150.  Basically nothing earth shattering but wasn’t seeing increased swing speed or ball speed.  Still want to hit the other models and shafts, but not sure it will beat out the G400.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 9/23/2022 at 7:53 AM, cnosil said:

Had an opportunity to hit the TSR3 today.  This was part of one of MGSs lab test series so it wasn’t fit, it was just hat it was.  Compared to what I remember from this seasons most wanted testing and the other drivers in the test,it wasn’t really any  faster than the other drivers.  I was in the 100-105 speed range with ball speeds around 150.  Basically nothing earth shattering but wasn’t seeing increased swing speed or ball speed.  Still want to hit the other models and shafts, but not sure it will beat out the G400.

Yeah. I would say tbe 3 is the worst of the 3 models to hit without the proper shaft or fit.  It has the smallest deer spot of the 3 and doesn’t have the VFT that the 2 and 4 have to help retain speed on off center hits.   

Not suggesting by any means that you were hitting off center shots 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah. I would say tbe 3 is the worst of the 3 models to hit without the proper shaft or fit.  It has the smallest deer spot of the 3 and doesn’t have the VFT that the 2 and 4 have to help retain speed on off center hits.   

Not suggesting by any means that you were hitting off center shots 😬

I wasn't hitting perfectly centered shots;  I tend to hit high on driver face.     While it was Phillip's driver, he pulled the shaft for something more generic but he thinks his actual setup might be a good fit for me so I will probably try it one day.   Just had to hit what was available based on the lab test they were running.  

On 9/21/2022 at 5:16 PM, chisag said:

... If the 3 works for you that is awesome. 👍  It will clearly be the most used on the PGA Tour but I imagine the LPGA and Champs will lean toward the TSR2. For those of us that can use the forgiveness, instead of putting the 2 next to the 3, put the TSR2 next to the TSi2 and the difference is jaw dropping. Can't wait to hit it on a demo day. 

Is the 2 similar to the Rogue max ? I just haven’t had the chance to see a TSR yet

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 3 weeks later...

Dude…the speed increase…sigh…

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 hours ago, bens197 said:

Dude…the speed increase…sigh…

... I am waiting for you to look, just look at the TSR3 and then seeing what kind of improvement you have before seriously thinking about buying one. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... I am waiting for you to look, just look at the TSR3 and then seeing what kind of improvement you have before seriously thinking about buying one. 

Sam I’ll be honest and say that I couldn’t be happier with the TSI3. The way it’s been dialed in has given me so much confidence that I am truly satisfied. Chasing additional yards sounds appealing however…and a big however…I’m not playing competitive golf any longer. Most of my rounds are from tees between 6600 and 7000 yards and that’s manageable with what I have. 

I’ll still look but this time it’ll just be a look. That I can say with confidence. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

First "official" outing with the TSR3 last night.  9 holes, course to myself, 7 of 7 fairways, 5-10 yards longer average than my TSi3 (small sample size - though several of the holes were playing into a noticeable head wind).  It feels good.  It just feels good. I didn't try to swing from my heels... just nice tempo drives down the middle of the fairway - one after the other.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Not expecting to find a dream combo BUT after 5rds with TSR 10 and 3 different shafts,  it's a lock!!!  First off I tried tsi2 for a minute last year and very accurate but short and spinny to me plus I didn't enjoy the shape truthfully.  

The tsr2 , multi faceted VFT and all, keeps the spin in such a nice window while maintaining high forgiveness and added ballspeed.  

I initially tried stock tensei 55R blue and had some success but wanted a shade lower flight ..... I thought about a 9 head but just couldn't get consistency. 

Next shaft was Fujikura Speeder NX stiff/regular 50 and it really was a nice fit and I thought that things would end there. 

Well a good friend had MY shaft.....hehe 

The HZRDUS BLUE RDX SMOKE 5.5 limited edition USA graphics.......now I've never hit a the counterbalanced hzdrus before but I've hit hc red , riptide and evenflow.....

Well in short my start line with blue moved from pull cuts of 10-20yds to 1-2 yd tiny fade with easy trajectory control and awesome stability.  20221014_093105.jpg.c7865c6273b15910a1366faaecded724.jpg20221014_212409.jpg.8fa324daca8f2fa9321710b42d83a5f7.jpg

After winning the Presidents Cup give away. I went to A fitting for the TSR line of drivers. My current Driver Cobra F8+ Hzrdus Red shaft went with me.. I was at the Puetz Golf in North Seattle (they have a driving Range).  I explained why I was there (I wanted them to tell me which club would be best not me tell them what I thought I needed) and I was set-up in a bay and given some balls (Titleist Range balls) to warm up with. It is a TopTracer Range. SO I hit a few balls with current driver and the TopTracer was off, I know faily close my distance's.. On the range they have a sign at 200yds (used range finder to check) and I was consistently flying over it.. It was showing carry of 198-203 total distance of 212-216 as my balls were clearing the Sign on the fly.. That is when Beckett (who helped) me also said I would lose about 5yds from the Range balls and are losing about 10 from TopTraceras we can see it flying over the 200 yd sign.. 1st off I hit the TSR2 with a Hzrdus Blk stiff shaft 60g, felt good but ball was Ballooning and I was losing about 10 yds. with the same ball speed (134ish avg) as with MY club. Then I grabbed the TSR3 with same shaft. 1st ball was "carrying" 210 with a total yds of 228, Strike was a little toward the toe... hit a few more, club felt great, then the wind picked up a little cutting across the range left to right.. after about 5 more balls all carrying 210-215 with total yds from 228-235. He told me to hold on he had another shaft to try based on what he was seeing from my swing and my ball flight.. So I try the Hzrdus Red CB 50g to try to get more carry and speed. I hit 3 balls all carrying right at 213 total yds in the 224 range, BUT all 3 shots were 20yds to the right. He then grabbed Tensie 1k Black and still was not getting the carry as i was with the Hzrdus Blk.. so we swapped the Hzrdus Blk back in and lofted up the club to try to gain more carry, in the 205-212 range but all were to the right.. he then adjusted the club and had me hit a few more. Boom right off the bat 220 carry dead straight total yds at 238.. next 3 shots were 225 carry 242 total, 224 carry 238 total, and 227 carry 245 total.. I then grabbed My cobra driver hit 3 with it and best I could do was 221 carry and 234 total.. It was shocking to see the difference. All in all I gained 4-6 mph ballspeed (140ish avg) (with Range balls) approx. 10-12yd carry.. at the end I asked him if there is anything different he might try, his reply was "honestly I think the only thing I would do is tweak the club head AFTER You have gotten used to it and know what it will do with my swing and speed. I do not think there is a better combination for you right now.."  SO that is what I went with  TSR3 9* Head, Hzrdus Blk 4G 60g Stiff shaft, with CP2 Pro grip.. Hope this help others looking at these clubs.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

8 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Boom right off the bat 220 carry dead straight total yds at 238.. next 3 shots were 225 carry 242 total, 224 carry 238 total, and 227 carry 245 total.. I then grabbed My cobra driver hit 3 with it and best I could do was 221 carry and 234 total.. It was shocking to see the difference. All in all I gained 4-6 mph ballspeed (140ish avg) (with Range balls) approx. 10-12yd carry.. at the end I asked him if there is anything different he might try, his reply was "honestly I think the only thing I would do is tweak the club head AFTER You have gotten used to it and know what it will do with my swing and speed. I do not think there is a better combination for you right now.."  SO that is what I went with  TSR3 9* Head, Hzrdus Blk 4G 60g Stiff shaft, with CP2 Pro grip.. Hope this help others looking at these clubs.. 

... Thanks, I am soooooo tempted to pick up a TSR3 10* and put in my AD-IZ S/R flex shaft. But I am hitting my Sim2 Max better than any driver I can remember. Sold my Stealth and selling my LTDx but the siren song of the TSR3 keeps calling me. 🤪

It’s a never-ending disease, Sam!

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

5 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

It’s a never-ending disease, Sam!

... I hear ya, but going on a little over 1.5 years with the Sim2 Max which is pretty long for me. Stealth was no change and I like the sound/feel of the Sim2 more. Same with my Cobra Limited Edition Black LTDx. Looks great all blacked out but same performance and I have a ton of confidence in the Sim2 since I out in the AD-IZ. Not the Marketing but so many players have said they gained 5-10yds with the new TSR's and say it's the best feeling driver they have hit. Disease enablers!!!

On 10/21/2022 at 8:16 PM, chisag said:

... Thanks, I am soooooo tempted to pick up a TSR3 10* and put in my AD-IZ S/R flex shaft. But I am hitting my Sim2 Max better than any driver I can remember. Sold my Stealth and selling my LTDx but the siren song of the TSR3 keeps calling me. 🤪

The Cobra F8+ was the best driver I have ever played, then again I am not a club ho.. LOL.. When I am playing regularly I can still get fairly consistantly 240-250 with the occasional 270+. When i played last time (3 weeks ago, due to Hunting), I 3 drives in the 270- 280 range (total distance carrying 250ish.. So when i went for the fitting I was a little flustered that the TopTracer was only showing 200 carry.. but the ball flight with the TSR3 was beautiful, Straight and High carrying over the 200yd sign easily.. my strike pattern was slightly toe side (half a ball toward the toe), with all strikes in a verticle line with the highest one just slightly above center.. The fitter reiterated when I expected that it was my swing for the day, as the strike pattern on my own driver was slightly toe side ( not quite as much).. @chisag, if nothing else Try it.. I loved everything about it immediately.. 😍

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, Reesedw said:

After winning the Presidents Cup give away. I went to A fitting for the TSR line of drivers. My current Driver Cobra F8+ Hzrdus Red shaft went with me.. I was at the Puetz Golf in North Seattle (they have a driving Range).  I explained why I was there (I wanted them to tell me which club would be best not me tell them what I thought I needed) and I was set-up in a bay and given some balls (Titleist Range balls) to warm up with. It is a TopTracer Range. SO I hit a few balls with current driver and the TopTracer was off, I know faily close my distance's.. On the range they have a sign at 200yds (used range finder to check) and I was consistently flying over it.. It was showing carry of 198-203 total distance of 212-216 as my balls were clearing the Sign on the fly.. That is when Beckett (who helped) me also said I would lose about 5yds from the Range balls and are losing about 10 from TopTraceras we can see it flying over the 200 yd sign.. 1st off I hit the TSR2 with a Hzrdus Blk stiff shaft 60g, felt good but ball was Ballooning and I was losing about 10 yds. with the same ball speed (134ish avg) as with MY club. Then I grabbed the TSR3 with same shaft. 1st ball was "carrying" 210 with a total yds of 228, Strike was a little toward the toe... hit a few more, club felt great, then the wind picked up a little cutting across the range left to right.. after about 5 more balls all carrying 210-215 with total yds from 228-235. He told me to hold on he had another shaft to try based on what he was seeing from my swing and my ball flight.. So I try the Hzrdus Red CB 50g to try to get more carry and speed. I hit 3 balls all carrying right at 213 total yds in the 224 range, BUT all 3 shots were 20yds to the right. He then grabbed Tensie 1k Black and still was not getting the carry as i was with the Hzrdus Blk.. so we swapped the Hzrdus Blk back in and lofted up the club to try to gain more carry, in the 205-212 range but all were to the right.. he then adjusted the club and had me hit a few more. Boom right off the bat 220 carry dead straight total yds at 238.. next 3 shots were 225 carry 242 total, 224 carry 238 total, and 227 carry 245 total.. I then grabbed My cobra driver hit 3 with it and best I could do was 221 carry and 234 total.. It was shocking to see the difference. All in all I gained 4-6 mph ballspeed (140ish avg) (with Range balls) approx. 10-12yd carry.. at the end I asked him if there is anything different he might try, his reply was "honestly I think the only thing I would do is tweak the club head AFTER You have gotten used to it and know what it will do with my swing and speed. I do not think there is a better combination for you right now.."  SO that is what I went with  TSR3 9* Head, Hzrdus Blk 4G 60g Stiff shaft, with CP2 Pro grip.. Hope this help others looking at these clubs.. 

I am sold on the importance of having a fitter watch your shots and make adjustments with the knowledge of what each shaft profile will give.   I was always an "off the shelf" club buyer... trying to diagnose my own swing to get the best fit (while relying too much on what others were using and having success with).  It has really only been in the past year that I have started to utilize the various fitting resources available to me... I have also developed relationships with a few of these fitters (one Titleist fitter in my area, and one shop fitter) so they know my swing (for better or worse) and I trust them to take the time in finding my best fit.  I will still do some one off testing of my own (for example my recent experiments with the Otto-Phlex shaft), but I always have the "fitted" club(s) as my control when I experiment.  

Awesome review of your fitting experience @Reesedw I know Puetz Golf well (though the location in South Seattle area), I frequented that store a lot when I was living in SW WA, glad you had a good experience with them.  Looking forward to hearing how your new TSR3 works out for you!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 10/21/2022 at 11:16 PM, chisag said:

Just to look at, right? 🙂

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

I got to hit all three yesterday for the first time, and I couldn’t be happier. Awesome.

I hit the two purest 7 woods of my life yesterday. ***

82D4E0EB-A58A-4B09-A376-E259DA306FC6.jpeg

*** I've never owned a 7 wood before and hit mine twice yesterday. 😄

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I recieved my TSR3 Tuseday evening and was able to get some pictures last night.. I could not be happier with the driver, Mind you I have not hit it and played with adjustments but it is Beautiful.. Take a look... I will post my thoughts later in an Unofficial test post after getting it out to at least the range.. I hope you enjoy.. Dave

20221026_183455.jpg.41500e4f26593e827c7c29065a0823c5.jpg20221026_183326.jpg.bcf18218db221c2a71ecc42e84797e5e.jpg20221026_183525.jpg.86ed38ac0f64a57e20c68b3f7dcfb681.jpg20221026_183549.jpg.a266f651229176afa19313e7d4cc9a94.jpg20221026_183615.jpg.ac542f4771bf56eb63d846e550cb7e42.jpg

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Played another round with my new TSRs (see sig below) and fared even better than the first time. Hit 12 of 14 fairways, and the trajectories on my new fairway woods are much better. Loving them so far!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I got out yesterday and hit a bucket of balls with it.. Got a nice little mark on the top edge near the Toe.. WTH... lol With 80% balls I was consistently carrying 200-210.. which puts me in the 240ish range.. rolling out to 260+.. The was a typical Seattle Fall day.. cool 52* with range balls.. so I'll take that all day... my SLIGHT fade seems to be a little more exaggerated.. fading now about 15yds.. from the normal 0-5.. might just be take a little getting used to, also I know i was holding back a little staying off my left knee which I tweaked which I know contributed to the Toey strike location.. .. so All in All VERY happy.. Based on the previous numbers and the numbers with current driver I gained 12yds, of carry and appeared to be more consistent with that distance.. Mind you it is a little more than 1 bucket of balls.. but Loving the driver.. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

3 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I got out yesterday and hit a bucket of balls with it.. Got a nice little mark on the top edge near the Toe.. WTH... lol With 80% balls I was consistently carrying 200-210.. which puts me in the 240ish range.. rolling out to 260+.. The was a typical Seattle Fall day.. cool 52* with range balls.. so I'll take that all day... my SLIGHT fade seems to be a little more exaggerated.. fading now about 15yds.. from the normal 0-5.. might just be take a little getting used to, also I know i was holding back a little staying off my left knee which I tweaked which I know contributed to the Toey strike location.. .. so All in All VERY happy.. Based on the previous numbers and the numbers with current driver I gained 12yds, of carry and appeared to be more consistent with that distance.. Mind you it is a little more than 1 bucket of balls.. but Loving the driver.. 

Looks like you are set in A1 position on the hosel... if you continue to get the right fade, you might try moving to A2 position (a little more upright which will help square the face), also not sure where you have the slider weight set in the back, but you can also move it into the H1 or H2 position to help the face release through impact.  That is the beauty of the "3" a couple different adjustments you can easily make with the wrench.  Just some thoughts for you as you get more used to the driver.  It really is beautiful!!  Golf Clubs and Guitars are like artwork to me 🙂 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

21 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Looks like you are set in A1 position on the hosel... if you continue to get the right fade, you might try moving to A2 position (a little more upright which will help square the face), also not sure where you have the slider weight set in the back, but you can also move it into the H1 or H2 position to help the face release through impact.  That is the beauty of the "3" a couple different adjustments you can easily make with the wrench.  Just some thoughts for you as you get more used to the driver.  It really is beautiful!!  Golf Clubs and Guitars are like artwork to me 🙂 

I did play with the adjustments a little, but figured I would wait to make changes until I get a little more time with it.. It is beautiful.. LOL

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Finally was able to see the TSR series in left and was able to compare to the TSI series. 

My own personal opinion was i like the Tsi3 shape the best. The tsr3 while driving was a little more pear shaped. The tsr2 was great in that it took me from the Tsi3 look and shape while not looking as long as the Tsi2. 

Certainly winning looking drivers in terms of shapes and looks. Unfortunately didn't have time to make any swings with them. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

For the first time in about 12 years I have been very happy with both a driver (TSi3) and 3w (TSi2) for 2 straight years. Despite dropping my annual rounds played from 50 to 25 with 2 children joining the family my handicap has stayed the same, and it's entirely due to more consistent tee shots & par 5 fairway woods getting near/on the green in 2 without sailing off the planet right/left, offsetting a more inconsistent wedge & short game. And yet my brain won't shut off about the potential gains of TSR...golf is the best!

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

• 2 months later...

Has anyone found that the TSR3 has a bit of a whistle at faster swing speeds in both the backswing and the downswing? No review videos have made mention of it so I'm curious if its my club specifically or a design of the weight track aerodynamics.

Driver:  :titleist-small: TSR3 8°, set to A1, Graphite Design UB 7X 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small:SIM 3 Wood 15°, Aldila Rouge Silver 7X

3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 18°, Ventus Blue 8S

2 Utility: :srixon-small: ZX Utility, LA Golf Tour AXS Blue, (15th club)

4i-AW:  :srixon-small:ZX7, Tour Issue Dynamic Gold 120's S400

56°: :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

60° :Sub70: TAIII, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :L.A.B.: Mezz1 Max

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Forum Reviews: 

:Sub70: Official Member Review Sub 70 TAIII Wedges

:Nippon: Official Member Review Zelos 7 Shaft Review

:vokey-small:Unofficial Vokey SM8 and Wedge & Wedge Works Review 

:srixon-small:Unofficial Srixon 2021 ZX7 Iron Review

:titleist-small: Unofficial TSR3 Review

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 4:46 AM, ZMendle10 said:

Has anyone found that the TSR3 has a bit of a whistle at faster swing speeds in both the backswing and the downswing? No review videos have made mention of it so I'm curious if its my club specifically or a design of the weight track aerodynamics.

I'm a bit late to the game, but I got a TSR3 a few days ago and it whistles on my backswing. Its not a huge deal, but it was certainly distracting at first.