TESTERS WANTED! ×

Titleist TSR Fairway Woods Offiical Launch-MGS First Look

Golfspy_CG2

Here's the story of the fairway wood line up by Chris Nickel

https://mygolfspy.com/titleist-tsr-fairway-woods-tsr2-tsr3-and-tsr2/

Here's the official release from Titleist 

Carlsbad, Calif. (September 8, 2022) – When Titleist engineers set out to design the next generation of Titleist Speed Project fairway metals, their goals were clear, improve upon the four F’s: Flight, Feel, Form and Forgiveness. The result is an all-new lineup of Titleist TSR metalwoods, featuring three distinct models packed with technology and advanced refinements that can benefit every player.

“The new TSR fairway metals exemplify the newest advancements in metalwood technology and offer options for all golfers looking to gain an advantage off the tee and off the deck,” said Stephanie Luttrell, Director, Metalwood Development, Titleist. “Combined with its tour-inspired shaping and powerful sound and feel, the optimized performance of TSR fairways sets a new standard for the Titleist Speed Project.”

Available in golf shops on September 30, with nationwide fittings beginning today, the Titleist TSR2, TSR2+ and TSR3 fairways are engineered to give every player an advantage with their metal wood setup.

“Our number one goal was to optimize the CG (Center of Gravity), and it is now as low as it has ever been on a Titleist fairway metal,” said Josh Talge, Vice President, Titleist Golf Club Marketing. “The lower the CG, the higher the launch. We want to get the weight down, so the golfer can get the ball up. By lowering the CG in each model through our Open Hosel Construction, we also improved the overall performance, including speed, launch angle, spin, flight, feel and forgiveness. Golfers want to see the golf ball get up in the air with their fairway metal, and with the new TSR we achieved that goal.”

TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW

Open Hosel Construction: One of the key new features of TSR2, TSR2+ and TSR3 fairways is the Open Hosel Construction. Titleist engineers were able to remove excess weight found high and towards the heel of the clubhead, which allowed them to reposition weight and make improvements to essential areas of performance. In the TSR3 fairways, engineers utilized the Open Hosel Construction to shift the CG deeper and lower while simultaneously moving it closer to the center of the face. This change creates even more forgiveness and higher launch.

Low, Face-Centered CG: Dramatic shifts in CG are constant throughout all three fairway offerings. The TSR2 features Titleist’s lowest ever CG for an all-steel construction, while the TSR2+ boasts the deepest CG of any Titleist fairway metal. TSR3 has an even deeper and lower CG than its predecessor. The CG location is engineered for the specific needs of each fairway model, but all result in maximum levels of forgiveness, high launch, and speed.

Player-Tuned Performance: Another commonality between TSR2, TSR2+, and TSR3 is the player-tuned performance. Implementing key feedback from tour professionals, every detail contained in the look, feel, and sound of TSR fairways has been scrutinized to deliver a metal wood that instills confidence in every player.

Titleist_TSR_fairway_wood-1.jpg

TITLEIST TSR FAIRWAY METAL MODELS.

TSR2: High, far, and forgiving, the TSR2 fairway features maximum forgiveness and the lowest CG of the TSR fairway metal line, resulting in fast speeds and a high ball flight.

• TSR2 fairways feature the lowest CG ever for an all-steel construction to create speed and launch without excessive spin.
  • New Open Hosel Construction created space for sizable improvements to key areas of performance by removing unwanted weight high and towards the heel.
  • Engineered to sound and feel powerful, giving players a lively response on every strike.
  • Adjustable swing weight, fixed CG location.
  • High launch, mid-spin
  • Available lofts: RH: 15.0 | 16.5 | 18.0 | 21.0; LH: 15.0 | 16.5 | 18.0

TSR2+: Inspired by the wants and needs of some of the world’s top tour professionals, the TSR2+ fairway is a new addition to the TS fairway family, designed to be a long, forgiving, and tee-biased 3 wood that does not sacrifice playability off the deck.

• Built for the tee, TSR2+ has a larger profile, taller face and more forgiveness than TSR2, perfect for those seeking more length and accuracy from their 3-wood.
  • Featuring the deepest CG location of any Titleist fairway metal, TSR2+ is engineered for maximum forgiveness and a straight, pure ball flight.
  • TSR2+ was asked for by Tour Pros but is built to benefit all golfers looking for a long and straight option off the tee that is still extremely playable off the deck.
  • Adjustable swing weight, fixed CG location.
  • Mid/high launch, mid-spin
  • Available lofts: RH: 13.0 | LH: 13.0

TSR3: For players seeking precision-tuned performance, featuring a lower, deeper CG and a new-and-improved 5-position SureFit Adjustable CG Track System.

• The ultimate fairway metal when it comes to adjustability is designed with a new, easy-to-adjust 5-position SureFit Adjustable CG Track System to fine tune performance.
  • Featuring the same Open Hosel Construction as TSR2 fairways, the TSR3’s CG has been positioned deeper, slightly lower, and closer to face center to provide easy, high launch with plenty of forgiveness.
  • Everything from the look, sound, and feel of TSR3 encourages players to hit it square and long with total precision.
  • Adjustable swing weight and CG location.
  • Mid/high launch, low-spin
  • Available lofts: RH: 13.5 | 15.0 | 16.5 | 18.0 | LH: 15.0, 16.5

FEATURED AND PREMIUM SHAFTS: With a fit for every player, TSR’s featured and premium shaft options represent a wide range of performance profiles. Players can choose from four high performance featured shafts or upgrade to one of three premium Graphite Design shafts. In addition, Titleist also offers an industry-leading number of custom shaft choices. The Titleist SureFit hosel for the TSR is compatible with all TSi, TS, 917, 915 and 913 fairway metals.

Featured Shafts:

• HZRDUS RED CB: A mid-to-high launch/mid-spin lightweight shaft with an active tip section featuring counter-balance technology.
  • TENSEI AV BLUE with Xlink Tech: A mid-launch/mid-spin shaft featuring Xlink Resin for increased bond strength, enhanced feel and durability.
  • HZRDUS BLACK 4G: For players seeking spin reduction, this low/mid launch with low/mid spin shaft features a stiff butt and firm tip section to launch the ball lower.
  • TENSEI 1K BLACK: A low-launch/low-spin shaft, built with 1K Carbon Fiber Weave technology to enhance feel and stability.

Premium Shafts: TSR premium offerings include three shafts manufactured by Graphite Design and utilize exclusive TORAYCA carbon fibers to produce elite performance dynamics.

• TOUR AD UB: For the player with mid-to-high swing speed looking for mid-launch with low/mid spin.
  • TOUR AD DI: For the player with mid-to-high swing speed looking for mid/high launch with low/mid spin.
  • TOUR AD IZ: For the player with mid-to-high swing speed looking to have high launch with low spin.

TOUR VALIDATION:

Will Zalatoris, Cameron Young, Joohyung “Tom” Kim and Max Homa are among more than 60 players who have already put new TSR fairways in play on the PGA TOUR.

Zalatoris earned his first career PGA TOUR win at the FedEx St. Jude Championship gaming a TSR2+ fairway, as well as his TSR3 driver.

• “This is an absolute rocket,” Zalatoris said. “I love this thing. It’s the best 3-wood I’ve ever had. It’s pretty cool to be able to have something besides driver that I can hit off the tee and basically hit it as far as I want. And then if I need to hit high and soft into greens, I can do that as well.”

Kim also claimed his first PGA TOUR title - a week before Zalatoris - at the Wyndham Championship, after making the switch to a TSR3 driver and fairway.

• Said Kim of his new fairway metal: “In the wind, downwind, when you want to hit it up, it goes up. In the wind when you want to keep it low, it goes low. So, it's really the perfect club for a 3-wood. The 3-wood’s the hardest club to fit and they did it perfectly.”

• The Barbasol Championship winner also had a TSR3 fairway in the bag in capturing his first win on the PGA TOUR. 

• The No. 1 and No. 4 players in the Women’s Rolex World Rankings (as of 8/15) have each put TSR fairways in play – the world’s top-rankled player has two TSR2 fairways in the bag – in addition to their TSR drivers.

AVAILABILITY AND PRICE: Titleist TSR fairway metal are available in golf shops worldwide beginning September 30. MAP: $349 | $549 (Premium)

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Probably the only fairway that would replace my existing fairways... can't wait to test them.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

A TSR2, 21* 7 wood?  Oh, hey there!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

A TSR2, 21* 7 wood?  Oh, hey there!

I'm thinking... TSR2+, and the TSR2 16.5 and 21 would fit nicely in my bag if the distances are what I expect them to be.... 

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Just now, Golfspy_TCB said:

I'm thinking... TSR2+, and the TSR2 16.5 and 21 would fit nicely in my bag if the distances are what I expect them to be.... 

A 7 wood to replace my 3 iron is tempting.  My 4 iron is 22* but I can't fathom hitting that further or the same as a 7 wood.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Just now, bens197 said:

A 7 wood to replace my 3 iron is tempting.  My 4 iron is 22* but I can't fathom hitting that further or the same as a 7 wood.

Agreed, the difference in shot shape aside, I'm sure the 7 wood would be closer in distance (if not a little farther) than your 3i.  AND, they are so FUN to hit... at least that is my opinion :).  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

27 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Length, more mass plus more launch is going to give the carry distance to the 7w over the 4i. 

Unless you absolutely smoke a 3i 7w is going to definitely be a better option.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Even tho I just picked up a Sim2 Max 3 wood….these might be finding their way into my bag. Have a TSi3 driver and absolutely love it. These woods have to be money. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

these releases make me want to test the 7w and the driver. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I was inspired by @Golfspy_CG2's love for Titliest products, so i ordered a TSR 2 Plus fairway wood. Nothing wrong with my Callaway 3HL wood, just want to see what happens with a lower lofted but supposedly forgiving 3 wood off tee. i almost exclusively use 3 wood off the tee and i generally hit them ok for that use. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

lower lofted but supposedly forgiving 3 wood off tee.

^^^this. 

but from the write up... lower lofted by degrees of loft, while higher flying in terms of launch... yes please.

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

^^^this. 

but from the write up... lower lofted by degrees of loft, while higher flying in terms of launch... yes please.

Yeah, sounds like a unicorn off the tee 3 wood. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I really like my TSi3.  Not sure I need an upgrade.  Its feels like butter and goes really far for me.  I may consider a 5W to replace my U-510 2 wood, but its hard to tell until i see how it feels on the range.  Can't wait.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

• 2 weeks later...

I swing it like 110 with my driver 104 with my fairways….. I’m thinking it’s time for a and 7 wood must be TSR 2? Seems like best head, I’m not super high spin kind of average flight etc.

Driver Callaway Max LS K1 50x

3 wood Callaway subzero mavrik 13 degree Mitsubishi blue 75 TX

2 iron Taylor made UDI hump 100x

Srixon 4-PW ZX7S with 105 Nippon x 

50-54-58 vokey raw S400

• 2 weeks later...

GolfSpy_TCB Titleist TSR Fairway Fitting Overview

After finding out I was the winner of the Presidents Cup contest (2nd prize) and a brand new TSR Fairway Wood, I reached out the the Titleist fitter that was at the PGATourSS TSR Fitting last week when I went ( and the same guy that fit me at my club for my Titleist T200's last summer).  I found out he had a another fitting day scheduled at the Edwin Watts near me, so I booked a time this past Thursday (which was conveniently timed directly following a tee time I had scheduled at Memorial Park GC).  

Since we had spent a few sessions together already, we pretty much hit the ground running.  I feel very fortunate to have someone that is a little familiar with my swing, and that I am comfortable with to work through the options.  Not sure what I will do if I decide to get fit into a different brand in the future 😉 . 

We worked through all three 3wood options (TSR2, TSR3 and TSR2+).  He asked if I was looking to use the 3 wood for approach shots or for positional shots (such as tee shots on tight or shorter holes, and shots intended to go short of the green from the fairway - like long par 5's).  I verified that the latter was my game.  If I can roll a ball up to the green with the 3W great, but I'm not looking to land and stick it.  I have a 5W and 7W for those type of longer shots.  If I'm not approaching the green with a 7W in my hand, I'm really just trying to get it close enough for an up and down, and if I get lucky a putt.  (of course having said that, my recent post in the "shot of the day" thread turned out to be in the "lucky" outcome).  

After looking at ball speed, launch angle, spin and dispersion with each of the heads, using the same shaft I was fit into with the TSR3 Driver (Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Xlink in Regular flex), we started moving through the different shafts.  With the Tensei shaft we found that the best head for ball speed and spin was the 2+ head... and the best for launch angle was the 2 head (I am sure there is a reason for that... such as 13* vs 15* 😉 ). 

TSR2+ Fairway

But when he cycled through a couple of shaft options, one stood out to bring the launch up on the 2+ and kept my ball speed and spin results in a similar range as the Tensei shaft. 

Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1 flex.

image.png

I should mention that all the head shaft combos (to include my current gamer the Srixon ZX 3W) were very tight in dispersion and shot shape... ball starts straight on the target line, then fades right to about 15 yards right of the target line.  May be my stock swing, may be the fact that I was a little tired from my round and was hanging back, may be that the LM at Edwin Watts was fade biased... maybe none of the above, maybe all of the above... but what it WAS, was consistent - with carry and total distance (in shortest to longest order) Srixon ZX, Titleist TSR3/TSR2 (very close), Titleist TSR2+.

The fitter and I discussed the previous fitting for the TSR driver and if the GD UB5 would be a better option than the stock Tensei that we landed on last week.  He reminded me that we did try this shaft and we got good results from it, and it would be worth going through the fitting process again in more detail between the two shafts, but I'm not going to be disappointed with the Tensei shaft (I really appreciated his honesty and not trying to immediately upsell me).  I will continue to consider the upgrade shaft in the future - especially after I have a chance to play this TSR2+ 3Wood with the GD UB-5 shaft, and see what it can do for me. 

I have said it many times already, but thanks to MGS (and @Golfspy_CG2) and Titleist for this awesome prize.  

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

Great fitting review TCB.  That should be a killer combo.   FYI. I have the same TSR3, shaft and flex coming next eeek.  Will be fun to compare results. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

7 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

GolfSpy_TCB Titleist TSR Fairway Fitting Overview

After finding out I was the winner of the Presidents Cup contest (2nd prize) and a brand new TSR Fairway Wood, I reached out the the Titleist fitter that was at the PGATourSS TSR Fitting last week when I went ( and the same guy that fit me at my club for my Titleist T200's last summer).  I found out he had a another fitting day scheduled at the Edwin Watts near me, so I booked a time this past Thursday (which was conveniently timed directly following a tee time I had scheduled at Memorial Park GC).  

Since we had spent a few sessions together already, we pretty much hit the ground running.  I feel very fortunate to have someone that is a little familiar with my swing, and that I am comfortable with to work through the options.  Not sure what I will do if I decide to get fit into a different brand in the future 😉 . 

We worked through all three 3wood options (TSR2, TSR3 and TSR2+).  He asked if I was looking to use the 3 wood for approach shots or for positional shots (such as tee shots on tight or shorter holes, and shots intended to go short of the green from the fairway - like long par 5's).  I verified that the latter was my game.  If I can roll a ball up to the green with the 3W great, but I'm not looking to land and stick it.  I have a 5W and 7W for those type of longer shots.  If I'm not approaching the green with a 7W in my hand, I'm really just trying to get it close enough for an up and down, and if I get lucky a putt.  (of course having said that, my recent post in the "shot of the day" thread turned out to be in the "lucky" outcome).  

After looking at ball speed, launch angle, spin and dispersion with each of the heads, using the same shaft I was fit into with the TSR3 Driver (Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Xlink in Regular flex), we started moving through the different shafts.  With the Tensei shaft we found that the best head for ball speed and spin was the 2+ head... and the best for launch angle was the 2 head (I am sure there is a reason for that... such as 13* vs 15* 😉 ). 

TSR2+ Fairway

But when he cycled through a couple of shaft options, one stood out to bring the launch up on the 2+ and kept my ball speed and spin results in a similar range as the Tensei shaft. 

Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1 flex.

image.png

I should mention that all the head shaft combos (to include my current gamer the Srixon ZX 3W) were very tight in dispersion and shot shape... ball starts straight on the target line, then fades right to about 15 yards right of the target line.  May be my stock swing, may be the fact that I was a little tired from my round and was hanging back, may be that the LM at Edwin Watts was fade biased... maybe none of the above, maybe all of the above... but what it WAS, was consistent - with carry and total distance (in shortest to longest order) Srixon ZX, Titleist TSR3/TSR2 (very close), Titleist TSR2+.

The fitter and I discussed the previous fitting for the TSR driver and if the GD UB5 would be a better option than the stock Tensei that we landed on last week.  He reminded me that we did try this shaft and we got good results from it, and it would be worth going through the fitting process again in more detail between the two shafts, but I'm not going to be disappointed with the Tensei shaft (I really appreciated his honesty and not trying to immediately upsell me).  I will continue to consider the upgrade shaft in the future - especially after I have a chance to play this TSR2 3Wood with the GD UB-5 shaft, and see what it can do for me. 

I have said it many times already, but thanks to MGS (and @Golfspy_CG2) and Titleist for this awesome prize.  

Nice review! I used to love the old Graphite Design YS-6+ and Tour AD YS-Q shafts. Would love to try the current offerings, but man are they pricey. The color on that UB looks awesome too. Enjoy the new TSR!

Driver: PXG 0811XF Gen 4 w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6- 
3 Wood: PXG 0341XF Gen 4 w/ Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70g
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Spornia SPG-7 hitting net review
2023 Titleist White Box ProV1 review