Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

KBS Tour Lites

mikeanthony

It was 4 years ago that I went through a full bag fitting and along with that, swung the Mizuno Shaft optimizer and was recommended into the Nippon Pro Modus 105 stiff. Really enjoyed that shaft through two different sets of irons and just loved the overall feel of them and how it really suited my iron swing tempo. For my previous irons, I switched to PING's AWT 2.0 stiff, which is made by Nippon, for about 9 months and enjoyed the AWT as well. 

Recently purchased Sub70's 659 TCs and mainly in an attempt to save an extra $90, I went with KBS' new Tour Lites in parallel (105g) stiffs. Went in blind, never swung the shaft before, but did do extensive online research and found them to be in line with the Modus 105s from a spec and swing tempo recommendation standpoint. And honestly, I wanted to try something different. 

After a round of golf and 3 range sessions with the new clubs and shafts, I'll say that I'm reeeally impressed with these new shafts. I bring my SwingCaddie MLM each time at the range and my 8i swing speed is consistently in the 83-85mph range. The new TC 8i is a 1.5* weaker than my previous G425 8i ... and I know these are two entirely different club heads ... but I'm hitting the new TC 8i about as far as my old G425 with a much more penetrating ball flight. 

Whether it's a combination of higher CG on the new irons compared to the previous PINGs being lower, or KBS known to have a more penetrating ball flight compared to that of Nippon ... either or, for me and my swing tempo, the new iron heads and shaft are a perfect marriage at the moment. 

All this to say if you're considering KBS' new Tour Lites, I highly recommend that you give them a try. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

14 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

It was 4 years ago that I went through a full bag fitting and along with that, swung the Mizuno Shaft optimizer and was recommended into the Nippon Pro Modus 105 stiff. Really enjoyed that shaft through two different sets of irons and just loved the overall feel of them and how it really suited my iron swing tempo. For my previous irons, I switched to PING's AWT 2.0 stiff, which is made by Nippon, for about 9 months and enjoyed the AWT as well. 

Recently purchased Sub70's 659 TCs and mainly in an attempt to save an extra $90, I went with KBS' new Tour Lites in parallel (105g) stiffs. Went in blind, never swung the shaft before, but did do extensive online research and found them to be in line with the Modus 105s from a spec and swing tempo recommendation standpoint. And honestly, I wanted to try something different. 

After a round of golf and 3 range sessions with the new clubs and shafts, I'll say that I'm reeeally impressed with these new shafts. I bring my SwingCaddie MLM each time at the range and my 8i swing speed is consistently in the 83-85mph range. The new TC 8i is a 1.5* weaker than my previous G425 8i ... and I know these are two entirely different club heads ... but I'm hitting the new TC 8i about as far as my old G425 with a much more penetrating ball flight. 

Whether it's a combination of higher CG on the new irons compared to the previous PINGs being lower, or KBS known to have a more penetrating ball flight compared to that of Nippon ... either or, for me and my swing tempo, the new iron heads and shaft are a perfect marriage at the moment. 

All this to say if you're considering KBS' new Tour Lites, I highly recommend that you give them a try. 

You and I have had a similar experience. I've had the modus 105 in the last couple sets of irons I've had and truly have loved them. However with a increase of swing speed they became a bit softer and when I wanted my new irons I wanted to go down a different route and went KBS Tour V 90 (which for the record is a tougher shaft profile to find online - kbs site has Tour V and Tour 90). These are a bit heavier then the modus 105 at 110 grams vs the 106.5 that nippons are. 

The feel in them is great, I'm really happy with them so far. They don't feel that much different then the nippons as a whole and if I was to characterize the shaft differences I would say the prevailing feeling of the 105's is the word Smooth vs the KBS Tour 90 is Stable. Just my own feeling of the differences between the two, however I agree with you definitely if you have a chance check them out at KBS and with all their options I'm sure they will have one that works for you. 

For a bit more reference the XP95's are just about the worst shaft for me and DG just seem to feel a bit on the heavy side and make me work too hard to get the results I want. 

Thank you KBS and looking forward to trying out more of their products in the future!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Well said. I’d agree with the smooth and the stable comparative comment, that’s spot on. For me, the Tour Lite just feels a tinge stiffer than the Modus, more like a S+ … very likely the same with your Tour V 90. And the KBS shaft lineup is very robust. 

How are you getting along with the new clubs? 

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

So far good! I find the KBS shafts compliment the TC heads nicely. 

Still doing some work on the swing, but a very strong powerful feeling with them. I wouldn't say super soft, but solid compared to a slight click feeling with the i210. 

Looking forward to getting some more time on course with them next week. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• 1 month later...

The KBS Tour Lite shafts are the replacement of the previously available Tour 90 shafts.  

The new KBS Tour Lite 95 is essentially the same as the older Tour 90 Regular, the Tour Lite 100 is analogous to the Tour 90 Stiff and the new Tour LIte 105 is more like an X-Stiff Tour 90 if that stiffness had been available.  

They all have the same bend profile and very smooth feel that KBS is known for.  As the weight goes up the stiffness goes up.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

9 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

The KBS Tour Lite shafts are the replacement of the previously available Tour 90 shafts.  

The new KBS Tour Lite 95 is essentially the same as the older Tour 90 Regular, the Tour Lite 100 is analogous to the Tour 90 Stiff and the new Tour LIte 105 is more like an X-Stiff Tour 90 if that stiffness had been available.  

They all have the same bend profile and very smooth feel that KBS is known for.  As the weight goes up the stiffness goes up.

Yessir … they’re very smooth indeed. 

Didn’t mention this before, but since my initial post, I did send my irons back to Sub70 and had them switch out the Tour Lites from S to X … and love em even more. 

Once I found a groove and confidence with new irons over time, I did find the S just a hair too light. Spoke w/ Sub70 and they suggested the X flex at 110g, just 5g heavier. 

Was nervous to move up to an X flex shaft, but they assured me it’s still the same blend and profile, just a tinge stiffer and heavier. 

image.png

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2022 at 8:10 AM, mikeanthony said:

Yessir … they’re very smooth indeed. 

Didn’t mention this before, but since my initial post, I did send my irons back to Sub70 and had them switch out the Tour Lites from S to X … and love em even more. 

Once I found a groove and confidence with new irons over time, I did find the S just a hair too light. Spoke w/ Sub70 and they suggested the X flex at 110g, just 5g heavier. 

Was nervous to move up to an X flex shaft, but they assured me it’s still the same blend and profile, just a tinge stiffer and heavier. 

Very happy to see/read this. Just ordered zx5 mkii 5-A in tour lite X and was concerned it may be a bit of an oxymoron to get lite, X stiff shafts but I need help with trajectory and spin. From the little out there on Tour Lite X I was a bit concerned until now. 8-9 don't get crazy high or balloon on you? Any feedback now? I'm averaging 83 to 85 mph with 7 iron and thay seems to be the sweet spot for these but I'd like to get up to 90 mph before too long and hope I can still play these at that point. 

Edited by Wel-Done

Taylormade 2019 P790 irons 4-GW

Cobra LTDX Volition 10.5 

Cobra RadSpeed 3W & 5W

Odyssey Marksman