Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

9/11 Where were you?

tony@CIC

I still very clearly remember my assistant coming into my office to tell me that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. My initial reaction or thought was that a disoriented pilot in a small single engine plane crashed into it. Then I saw the horrific videos. What I felt was probably what are parents and grandparents felt when Pearl Harbor was attached. The videos are still clearly imbedded in my mind. 

What were you doing? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

At that time in my working career, I was with the same company I am employed with now, but actually worked midnight shifts in a test lab, with the work schedule being 10 days on, and 4 days off. It was a Tuesday, so I didn't need to be at work until 11:00PM that night, and I just dropped off my children at school and returned home when I saw those tragic events unfold that morning. Due to the uncertainty of those events, the did cancel school, so I went back and picked them both up, and we all were glued to the TV that whole day. I did have to go into work that night, but by that time, some additional details were known, and the majority of the tragic events over with except for the massive task of understanding and cleaning up.

A truly sad day in American history that should never be forgotten.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

I had finished working for the day in Moscow; returned to the Marriott near the Kremlin and went to the concierge lounge for a drink.  It was on tv... a plane had crashed into the first tower and we were all watching it unfold.  When the second plane crashed into the second tower, I think I was on my third drink.  Couldn't get home for 2 weeks.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I got up early for monthly visit to client in Wilmington, DE. The Belt Parkway has an accident and is tied up. I am cursing up a storm listening to radio alternating between WNYC’s Morning Edition and WFAN’s IMUS in the Morning.

Warner Wolf, a local TV sports guy who does some radio, calls into his show after a news report of airplane accident. He lives in Battery Park City apartments across from the World Trade Center and describes what he heard and is seeing. I think it is a BS bit.

Finally get to the Verranzano Bridge and cross it. The first tower is clearly burning from the bridge. Radio stations start to disappear. Imus is still on. Now accident reports are turning into attack reports. Warner Wolf is still giving the commentary on what he sees and hears. Imus reports President Bush is in a grammar school down in FL reading to children.   

As I get to the Outterbridge Crossing into NJ, the second tower has been hit and reports of the attack on America are starting. Imus has complete coverage as well as the commentary of Wolf.  It is pandemonium at the first rest area of New Jersey Turnpike (NJT) heading south. People are running around like chickens with no heads screaming we’re under attack. I use my cell phone to call my office and home. I tell my employer who has given the go home order and leave message for my family (wife and four children, 15, 13, 12 and 10) I am going to work; and, these dirt bags whoever they are, are not going to scare me into running home and hiding. Last time the cell phone works.

Find a land line at rest area pay phones and call DE. I tell my client where I am and ask if he will be there when I get there. He tells me if I am coming, he will be there.

Make the lonely trek to Wilmington DE listening to Imus and the further accounts of the Pentagon and PA attacks. The coverage is breathtaking and solemn. Warner Wolf’s depiction of what going on is reminiscent of a radio era long gone; like, listening to Red Barber or Vin Scully paint the picture of a ball game or Murrow’s reports on WWII.. Hear about the airports closing, airspace shutdown, Mayor Guliani has called off primary elections, UN General Assembly cancelled for emergency meeting, Logan is source of flights, President is airborne, Air Force is mobilized, Congress and the VP have run for the safety of underground …

All I see are emergency vehicles making a steady stream to NY. I get to DE. Wilmington is a ghost town. Red Cross is at the city’s gate along with military.

Get to building which houses federal court for Bankruptcy and is across from the Federal building of DE. Get to client’s floor, discuss the unimaginable site I saw from the bridge and get to work. He is on 9th floor and I can see from the windows in conference room some the rooftop armed positions taken up by federal and military personnel. It is surreal.

Went to lunch at Cavanaughs and watched the TV from bar as I tried to eat my usual Caribbean Chicken sandwich. Had to leave after the umpteenth showing of the building collapses. The pictures of the dust covered pedestrians and emergency personnel was heart wrenching.

Finish compilation of monthly periodic report for client, sign and date it with “God Bless America” under the independent accountant’s report signature.

Give client and his remaining staff a big handshake and hug for standing their ground in what will become this generation’s “Day of Infamy” and start the lonely trek home.

All access to NY is shutdown for emergency. Get off NJ Turnpike exit to Outterbridge Crossing thinking I can back door it in only to find out it is closed all the way to NY. Talk to a NJ trooper and explain my dilemma. He asks if I know the Garden State Parkway (GSP); and, where it intersects to upstate NY. I do, he suggests that route as it will get me “closer” than I am now.

Hit the NJT heading toward GSP exit and stop at rest area. People are stranded all over asking how to get to or through NY. I walk to the big map with a few and quickly draw a crowd. I show them the route from the NJT to the GSP to Route 17 to the NY Thruway. Some ask if they can follow, I say sure. Start a caravan and finish the route. We stay to the right at about 40 mph to allow the stream of emergency vehicles heading to NYC to bypass without incident. Most go separate ways once we hit the Yonkers area at the Cross County Parkway which I take to the Hutchinson River Parkway to the Whitestone Bridge which is closed. There is a NYC cop at toll booth. He waves me to a stop; and, asks what the hell I am doing. I give him the events of my day, show him my driver license to verify my home address and show him my client’s financial statement which I had compiled earlier. He sees that the work I do is for the United States Department of Justice by the wording of the report and asks what I do.

I tell him about my day and now all I got to do is get home to complete the day.

He moves the barrier, says something about the bridge will reopen shortly; and, be careful of emergency vehicles, stay on the Cross Island Parkway to the Southern State Parkway and then get off your exit.

I can see a steady flow of the emergency vehicles at or around the exits for Long Island Expressway and Grand Central Parkway.

Pull into my driveway to be greeted by my loved ones. Fear is evident.

We sit and talk the night away with WCBS TV on in background which was only station working at the time. We talk about their fears and the philosophy of life and what terrorism is and why one never backs down from a bully and should stand toe to toe with him and knock him out.

That night and the next morning we start to hear about the 44 residents of our village of 25,000, most moms or dads, who did not come home. All were better folk than I.

Now through the years I have watched their sons and daughters grow, their surviving spouses struggle, driven the streets renamed for them and watched the athletic events at the playing fields named in their honor; but, nothing is the same, nothing is better, nothing is over – it is something that will last a lifetime of those who remain and were affected.

I watched the children of the village grow into young men and women graduate high school and enlist or join the services after college graduation.  They still remember, some of them lost a mom or dad.  Have them over for a few beers before they go and when they come back on leave.  Least I can do.

Additionally we have sent our finest along with those of our allies to attempt to get the bad guys and prevent this from occurring again, yet it happens again in foreign lands against our people, those of our allies and the homelanders where the terror strikes.

We are in a new age and it aint the “Age of Aquarius”. If all Islam, Judaism and Christianity emanated from Abraham I reckon he would want a do-over at this point. If we could replace the hatred with tolerance and provide the hungry with food, the homeless with shelter and the parentless with love, we all be better off, but heck that might be too religious!

A little tolerance would go a long way and so would some integrity in doing the right thing.

Too many have died before, too many have died now and too many will die in the days to come.

God bless their souls and remaining families; as well as, the others and those who have perished in the fight against terrorism.

Epic Flash Driver 12deg Project X Even Flow 40

Epic Flash 3 wood 15deg Project X Even Flow 60

Epic Flash 5 wood 18deg Project X Even Flow 55

Epic Flash 7 wood 21deg Project X Even Flow 65

Epic Flash 5 hybrid 24 deg Mitsubishi Tensei AV Silver

2019 Big Bertha OS irons 5-9 UST Mamiya Recoil ESX 460|F2

Callaway Jaws Raw 48deg Project X Catalyst Wedge

Equalizer II 52deg UST Recoil 760-F2/A-Flex

Sure Out 2 56deg UST Mamiya Wedge 65

Meridian Okatie putter

I was in 7th grade. It was picture day

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I was on my way to pick up a friend to go play golf.  When I got to his house, he called me inside and watched the 2nd plane hit the tower.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I was at work. I had recently relocated with my company from Ozone Park NY to East Lyme CT. Once the news started releasing info work sent someone home to get a TV for the conference room. Everyone knew my brother and sister were NYPD. They wanted to keep us all up to date as many of us just came up from NY. 

Needless to say with cell phones and land lines either down or overloaded it took almost 48 hours before I heard they were both ok. Years later my brother developed some issues from breathing in all the crap while he was on the bucket brigade. Sifting through each bucket looking for personal items or parts of people. On top of that 9/11 (today) is my oldest sons birthday. He was 13 at the time and was devastated that this happened on his birthday. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I'm a 'newsaholic' and subscribe to Apple News which compiles lots of different news sources. I was disappointed that I had to go into their search feature to find a news article on 9/11. All of the feature articles were about the Queen's passing, King Charles III speech and from there quickly downhill to the typical Kardashian updates. Shame on you Apple News. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I was on an airplane that morning; heading from MSP to PHX. Never made it to Phoenix, got diverted to ABQ and eventually made my way back to MSP by the following Saturday. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I was working for a company that had a corporate office in Vancouver BC.  I had travelled from Washington State to the corporate office that week for meetings, and help prepare for the annual customer golf event in the coming weekend.  The news started coming across as I was driving to the offices and after realizing the gravity of what was going on, I went back to my hotel to be with my wife and watch the coverage.  The borders were closed down, so I stayed in BC until the followning week when I was able to cross the border again into Washington.  My first child was born the following year and it is never lost on me that my kids have grown up in the post 9/11 world.  Everything changed that day.

Remembering all the innocent and brave lives lost that day.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

I was Manager of a hotel in Washington DC, about 1 mile from the White House and about 3 miles from the Pentagon.  To say it was a crazt day in the distrit is an under statement. 

We had TV's on in the lobby as usual.  And as Tony metnioned when someone came in my office and mentioned the first one, my firstt thought was a horrible accident by a traffic or private plane.   On a trip to get some coffee a few moments later,  stopped to watch the coverage and when the 2nd plane hit.   The mood int he hotel immediately became different.   This was not accident America was under attack and everyone was scared to death.   Employees and friends were trying to get ahold of family members that worked at the Pentagon.   Everyone in the hotel baiically just all sat and watched the TV's in silence.   Many people tried to make cell phone cas but the networks were either jammed or shut down. 

We had a large meeting going on in the hotel with the FDA.  Of course their phones started going off and the rest of the day was chaos.  The city was basically shut down, no way in or out.   Rumors came through that another plane was on the way to the Capitol (later to be determined that was  UA Flight 93) more rumors that a bomb was found at the State Department-thankfully later to be found out false. 

There were black hawk helicopters flying around the city--for days-afterward.   A 

Our hotel basically was shutdown for two days, as no one could get out, airports were clsoed, rental cars non exiistent, so the current guests were in essence trapped there for a couple days.   of course incoming guests due to arrive that day couldn't and didint'.

It was around 8 PM before I could finally getout of the city and  go home.  My Fiance was relieved and thrilled to see me.   I just sat ont he couch and tried to comprehend what had happened over the last 12 hours.  

The hashtag #neverforget  is certainly true, I never will 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

15 min drive away from the pentagon in a team meeting and watched the second plane hit on tv.

We ended the meeting early and went to our govt office and the contracts pmo office. Was listening to local Dc radio station when the reports came in for the Pentagon getting hit.

Once location was announced we knew that we probably lost all of our support staff. Within a day it was confirmed we lost 8 (including a friend who was also the husband of one of my coworkers who I was also stationed with a few years before that) of the 11 staff. The 3 that survived were in the office next dood, where two were thrown out into the space between two rings and another was trapped under a desk. 

The next several days were spent setting up temporary workspace for our 24/7 staff and the weeks after getting other offsite spaces up and working

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I was calling on customers with one of our sales reps when a co-worker called to tell us about the Trade Center Tower being hit by a plane.  At one of our accounts, we watched the second plane hit.  Last night, my wife and I watched 60 Minutes which featured the 9/11 attack.  It is so amazing the courage the NYFD displayed on that day.  Fireman attempting rescues knowing they would probably not survive.  We can't honor these heroes enough.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

I was in 6th grade, we were on our math topic for the day. I went to a small catholic elementary school, so all of the kids age 5th grade and above were moved into the library/computer room and they rolled out one of those old TVs that sat on a cart with the VHS player below it. A boy in the 7th grade class had a family member that worked in the twin towers, I remember him being really scared. All of the teachers were crying and most of us were pretty confused. We knew what was happening was bad, but I think a lot of us were too young to really, truly understand at that time what was unfolding. We watched live as the second tower was struck.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I worked across the street from World Trade at 1 Liberty Plaza.  The old Merrill Building for those that know lower Manhattan.

Fortunately, I was in Toronto that day so walked downstairs to the trading floor to see how a plane could accidentally hit World Trade.  Then saw the surreal scene on TV.  Didn't go back to see the pit for many years.  Fortunately had my assistant pack my personal stuff so I didn't have to go back to the building.

One of my roommates at the time saw more than any person should see since he was working at Goldman and tried to help.  He's never been the same, and we really never talk about it. One of my classmates from MBA school lost his brother at World Trade. 

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Take 5 minutes today/this week and remember those we lost and friends who lost loved ones.

I was in my office checking my calendar for the day. But I will never forget when a mutual friend called to let me know that an extremely close friend was on American flight 77 that ended at Pentagon.  He was a great caring guy leaving a loving wife and a young daughter. No way did he deserve his fate. 

I was in the 5th grade, running an errand to the library for the teacher. As I walked in, everyone was glued to the tv as the 2nd plane hit the tower. 

I remember my mom crying at dinner that night as we prayed. Was tough to understand the gravity of what happened then as a kid, and is still sad to think about now. God bless those first responders who ran into danger for those they’ve never met before. We are fortunate to have men and women like that protecting us. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

53 minutes ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

I was in the 5th grade, running an errand to the library for the teacher. As I walked in, everyone was glued to the tv as the 2nd plane hit the tower. 

I remember my mom crying at dinner that night as we prayed. Was tough to understand the gravity of what happened then as a kid, and is still sad to think about now. God bless those first responders who ran into danger for those they’ve never met before. We are fortunate to have men and women like that protecting us. 

Interesting perspective.  You were the same age I was when JFK was shot.  I don’t remember much about school that day.  But I do remember mom and dad watching the news and both crying and hugging each other.   Like you I don’t quite grasp the gravity of it at the time.  But it’s the first time I can recall seeing my mom cry and the only time I ever saw my dad cry…until he dropped me at rhe airport aboit 10 years ago.  Both of us knowing I wouldn’t see him again until  his funeral service in a matter of weeks.

I was in 8th grade English class. Mr. Devlin. I don’t remember what we were learning that day but I remember the announcement coming across and the school was brand new each class had a TV in it. He turned the TV on and we watched and stayed in that classroom all day until early dismissal to go home.

Was odd I don’t remember anything else of that day but just watching that TV. Like others have said I don’t think I fully grasped it even as a 13 year old, I didn’t even know what the World Trade Center was, fast forward to the Boston marathon bombing being 25 I understood and remember alot more, but that initial gut feeling was exactly the same….

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Remember it like yesterday.  Working in my office when Shipping Mgr called me and said the WTC had a airplane accident!  Minutes later SWMBO also called.  The main Conference Room was next to my office so I went in there and turned on the TV and it seemed most of the shop/office personnel started coming in also as the 2nd plane hit.  I was still on the line with SWMBO.  
Will never forget, like the day President Kennedy was assassinated. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list