TESTERS WANTED! ×

BGT Zne Wedge Shaft

PingMD702

Hey everyone!

I currently play DG TI S400 for my 50,54,58. I just recently watched TXGs Ian Fraser do a wedge fitting with this new BGT Zne Shaft and it definitely got me curious since I am firm believer of the stability shaft on all my putters. I’m curious, if I were to try one out what wedge would you pick to test? In the video, it was on Ian’s 54 but I want to get the MGS fam input on the matter before pulling the trigger. Thanks very much everyone! 

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

I just installed these shafts in two wedges for a customer and have a couple of observations and unfortunately I didn't get to hit them since they weren't my clubs.  He purchased the 115g version.  The website lists these as 500 CPM and I can confirm these shafts are crazy stiff.  There is no movement whatsoever when trying to waggle the clubs in my hand.  They also made the swingweight of the wedges a few points higher which makes sense as the top half of the shaft is lighter graphite combined with a heavy steel tip (this is similar to the original stability shaft putter adding swingweight).   

It's a little strange looking down at them from address but having played the stability shaft in my putter for so long, it didn't really bother me.  The two tone color could bother some people though.  I'm really interested in hearing back from him on how they feel, especially since they are so stiff.  BGT claims that everyone that tests them feels they feel better than regular steel shafts.

I'd be really interested in seeing a comparison of the ZNE shaft and a super stiff wedge shaft such as a DG X7 or CTaper 130X or even a very stiff graphite wedge shaft to see if the dispersion and spin are similar or not.  Obviously the ZNE shaft is going to be lighter in the 115 weight than those which a lot of people may prefer.  I'm guessing the graphite might also feel a little better than a super stiff steel shaft but of course feel is subjective and dependent on a lot of factors.

Overall a very cool concept but fairly expensive.  I'm actually half tempted to purchase one of the 115g or 130g shafts and install it in a putter to see if it could be a budget stability tour putter shaft since the ZNE shafts are $180 vs. $300 for the regular stability tour putter shaft.

My bag is a revolving door!

The ZNE shaft as a putter shaft sounds pretty interesting.  I have zero interest in paying $300+ for a after market putter shaft LA Golf or other manufacturers to my already expensive Scotty Cameron.

I still need to understand and try one of these non steel putter shafts to see how it performs.  I have yet to notice one of these premium putter shafts on any of my friends putters.  

But clearly my putting stats must suck because I don't have one of these things! 🤣

A question to the club building pros on this site....  

How hard is it to replace my putter shaft with a new graphite or steel aftermarket shaft?  My Scotty is a straight shaft putter with a plumbers neck, etc.  Its a Squareback.  Also is the original shaft still okay after its been removed ie. can it be put back on to my Scotty again if I don't like the new shaft... (so is extraction without damaging it possible, etc.)

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

1 hour ago, KC Golf said:

How hard is it to replace my putter shaft with a new graphite or steel aftermarket shaft?  My Scotty is a straight shaft putter with a plumbers neck, etc.  Its a Squareback.  Also is the original shaft still okay after its been removed ie. can it be put back on to my Scotty again if I don't like the new shaft... (so is extraction without damaging it possible, etc.)

Very easy, depending on what you have.  For your plumber's neck Scotty Squareback, you'll just have to find a .355 tip aftermarket shaft and swap it in for your regular steel shaft.  Heat the hosel w/ a torch for 10-20 seconds and twist the steel shaft right out.  You can very easily put back in the stock shaft if you decide to go back.  Steel putter shaft installation is probably one of the easiest clubmaking tasks out there after installing grips.  

If you find a graphite putter shaft that is .370 tip and you have to use it, you'll have to sand some of the tip down to fit inside of the .355 plumber's neck hosel.  Not hard but just takes a bit of care to make sure you don't sand too much.  You're only inserting a shaft into a plumber's neck style putter hosel about 1/2" or so.

My bag is a revolving door!

5 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Very easy, depending on what you have.  For your plumber's neck Scotty Squareback, you'll just have to find a .355 tip aftermarket shaft and swap it in for your regular steel shaft.  Heat the hosel w/ a torch for 10-20 seconds and twist the steel shaft right out.  You can very easily put back in the stock shaft if you decide to go back.  Steel putter shaft installation is probably one of the easiest clubmaking tasks out there after installing grips.  

If you find a graphite putter shaft that is .370 tip and you have to use it, you'll have to sand some of the tip down to fit inside of the .355 plumber's neck hosel.  Not hard but just takes a bit of care to make sure you don't sand too much.  You're only inserting a shaft into a plumber's neck style putter hosel about 1/2" or so.

Thank you for the advise.  I was actually not looking to do it myself, but I appreciate the detailed instructions.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Just put my 4th BGT Stability Tour shaft into a putter last week.  All DIY installs.  Easy to do.

The wedge shafts are very interesting to me.  I would put it in to the one or two wedges that you use most around the green.  For me that would be my 58, followed by my 54.  Both are full swing clubs too.

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

23 hours ago, KC Golf said:

The ZNE shaft as a putter shaft sounds pretty interesting.  I have zero interest in paying $300+ for a after market putter shaft LA Golf or other manufacturers to my already expensive Scotty Cameron.

I still need to understand and try one of these non steel putter shafts to see how it performs.  I have yet to notice one of these premium putter shafts on any of my friends putters.  

But clearly my putting stats must suck because I don't have one of these things! 🤣

A question to the club building pros on this site....  

It's very easy to replace the shaft in your putter, but I would not do it as I saw ZERO improvement when I tested one of the BGT $200 shafts in one of my putters a few years ago. I had two Dart putters, exactly the same in every way, So I installed one of the BGTshafts in one  and left the other one as stock, I then hit balls for about 3 hours on a local putting green, hit 10 foot, 20 foot and out to 50 feet, both up hill and down hill. I took photos of my results for later . When I was done and looked at all of the photos, I saw NO difference in either accuracy or distance control. Bottom line is that the $200 shaft did nothing at all to improve my test results. Putting is one of the strengths of my game, so maybe if I was a bad putter it might have helped, but for me it was a total waste of both my time and money. NOT saying the BGT shaft is no good, just saying it's not any better than a standard steel putter shaft that came in my Dart. IF you have not tried the Dart putter I would highly recommend you give one a try if you can find one today. Great putter that is very easy to align to your target and it gives me excellent results on both long and short putters every time. 

Best oem putter I have every tried, and I have tried hundreds of them over the years. Reason I have two of them is that after using a Dart in a putting contest as Golf Galaxy I liked the Dart so much that I purchased the one I used in the contest before I left the store, Only to learn two days later that I won the contest and they sent me a second Dart putter as my prize. Now I have two of them, one with the factory steel shaft and the other with the $200 BGT shaft installed. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

As for which wedge would I install the BGT wedge shaft in, I'd try it in my 60* wedge as that is the wedge I use the most for all types of shots, Both appoach shots into the green and pitch shot when just off the greens to bunker shots from firm sand. Not sure if it would be an improvement or not, but it might be worth a try. Fact is I have one on the way to me as I type this. There factory sales rep contacted me about the new wedge shaft and I told her I would be interested in doing a test and review on their new wedge shaft, so now I have one on its way to me. I will do an in-depth test and post a review after it gets here and I have finished my testing. The BGT wedge shaftt only come in the .335 " tip diameter style, so I'll have to use an adapter when I install it in a .370" hosel head. 

All my clubs are custom built with aftermarket shafts that have been spine and FLO aligned for max performance every swing. 

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I agree that it should be installed in a versatile wedge like the 54 or 58! My buddy is giving me a deal on three of these 130 shafts for 360. I’m just unsure if the 50 really needs one. Also 130 would make the most sense since I’m playing s400 currently right?

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

my small business has an account with BGT. anything you want me to try to figure out, let me know, i can ask.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

my small business has an account with BGT. anything you want me to try to figure out, let me know, i can ask.

whats up man DLow! It's JR from betti talk HAHA

20 hours ago, PingMD702 said:

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I agree that it should be installed in a versatile wedge like the 54 or 58! My buddy is giving me a deal on three of these 130 shafts for 360. I’m just unsure if the 50 really needs one. Also 130 would make the most sense since I’m playing s400 currently right?

I have the 130 grams version on order. Like you I play steel shafts in all of my irons and wedges so 130 Grams is what I have now and 130 BGT would make the most sense to try. 

Retail price for those BGT shafts is $180 so 3 for 360 would be a good deal. Assuming they work for you enough better than the shafts you are using now. I have ONE on order and that's enough until I find out if they work better than what I'm using now. On the flip side of that, If they don't work any better than what I'm using now, than there is not good deal to be had. I'll know more when the shaft gets here and I can try it out at the range. 

• 1 month later...

Just finished testing with the 115 shaft as compared to the 115 spinner in my gammer. 

There is something to the shaft. although not 100% it is a good  shaft. Video to follow

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I was intrigued as well when I watch the TXG video. My problem is that I heard they don't work well (or there is very little benefit) when hitting full shots. I hit a lot of full wedge shots into greens, so I don't know if it's worth the investment. I would be interested to hear your results because I hit a lot of wedges per round!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

6 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

I was intrigued as well when I watch the TXG video. My problem is that I heard they don't work well (or there is very little benefit) when hitting full shots. I hit a lot of full wedge shots into greens, so I don't know if it's worth the investment. I would be interested to hear your results because I hit a lot of wedges per round!

I actually went ahead and got the 130 ZNEs installed on my 50,54,58 and I must say on full shots they are extremely solid! The weighting and the stoutness of the shaft feel great as the head cuts through the turf! When it comes to green side chipping and pitches, I like the feedback it gives. The way the shaft performs out of thick rough keeps the ball on my target line. My old DG TI S400 wedge shafts would get caught up in thick rough and my usual miss is left. For the ZNE's, it keeps it steady on whatever my target line is. With that said, I can definitely see people seeing this as a gimmick but for my personal game, I definitely am sold on these! Hope it helps! 

I watched that video with Ian and while he did hit the ZNE shaft wedge different than with the steel shaft, I did NOT see much if any improvement in his shots. Not straighter or better distance control. Just different not better. Not sure I saw a good reason to spend $180 on a wedge shaft for no improvement in performance. And I have 4 wedges in my bag now, so that would mean $720 for 4 shafts no including labor charges for those that don't do their own club work. So far I have not hit it enough in my 60* wedge to tell if it's any better than my steel shaft wedges. Time and more range time will be needed before I decide one way or another. 

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Built up a lob wedge this week with a BGT ZNE 130g shaft and a Corey Paul wedge head.

Took it to the practice chipping area and went through my shag bag filled with 50 Bridgestone Tour BRX balls three times.  

Put it up against another Corey Paul lob wedge built up with a KBS Tour V 125g stiff wedge shaft that also has a ProSoft vibration dampener installed.  Grips were the same SuperStroke Traxion wrap black midsize.

Also compared it to a cobra King Snakebite 58 with a stock KBS Hi Rev 2.0 Stiff shaft.

All three wedges have similar lofts, bounce, length, lie angle and sole grinds.

On the Chipping green the performance was good for all three.  Not a lot of difference except for the contact spot on the face of the wedge with the BGT ZNE shaft was noticeably smaller and more consistent.

The feel of the BGT ZNE shafted wedge was very stable, balanced and contact felt crisp while also being very smooth and was my first choice based on feel. The KBS Tour V shafted wedge with the Pro Soft insert was a close second.  The Cobra wedge had a bit firmer feel overall compared to the other two but performed very well.

Next I went to the adjacent range and started to hit partial swing pitch shots.  This is where the  BGT ZNE shaft started to show itself.  Consistency of start line, front to back and side to side dispersion was better.

Full swing shots were even better.  I definitely felt like my start lines were better and I was just knocking down the pins with the BGT ZNE shafted wedge.

Overall I was encouraged.  I will take it out to the course again next week for another practice round and then give it a trial by fire on the course.

FBEB34C9-E7D7-4188-B516-88CD9710506D.jpeg

CF568F06-FDC8-48DA-9D2D-324BE2A50286.jpeg

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

On 11/10/2022 at 5:55 PM, Hoyoymac said:

Built up a lob wedge this week with a BGT ZNE 130g shaft and a Corey Paul wedge head.

Took it to the practice chipping area and went through my shag bag filled with 50 Bridgestone Tour BRX balls three times.  

Put it up against another Corey Paul lob wedge built up with a KBS Tour V 125g stiff wedge shaft that also has a ProSoft vibration dampener installed.  Grips were the same SuperStroke Traxion wrap black midsize.

Also compared it to a cobra King Snakebite 58 with a stock KBS Hi Rev 2.0 Stiff shaft.

All three wedges have similar lofts, bounce, length, lie angle and sole grinds.

On the Chipping green the performance was good for all three.  Not a lot of difference except for the contact spot on the face of the wedge with the BGT ZNE shaft was noticeably smaller and more consistent.

The feel of the BGT ZNE shafted wedge was very stable, balanced and contact felt crisp while also being very smooth and was my first choice based on feel. The KBS Tour V shafted wedge with the Pro Soft insert was a close second.  The Cobra wedge had a bit firmer feel overall compared to the other two but performed very well.

Next I went to the adjacent range and started to hit partial swing pitch shots.  This is where the  BGT ZNE shaft started to show itself.  Consistency of start line, front to back and side to side dispersion was better.

Full swing shots were even better.  I definitely felt like my start lines were better and I was just knocking down the pins with the BGT ZNE shafted wedge.

Overall I was encouraged.  I will take it out to the course again next week for another practice round and then give it a trial by fire on the course.

FBEB34C9-E7D7-4188-B516-88CD9710506D.jpeg

CF568F06-FDC8-48DA-9D2D-324BE2A50286.jpeg

Sounds like encouraging results! How are the Corey Paul wedge heads? I've seen some blanks for sale at a good price to do some stamping on and I haven't known anyone who has played them before. Also, did swing weight need to be adjusted for the BGT shaft when doing the re-shaft?

Edited by Rtracymog

4 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

Sounds like encouraging results! How are the Corey Paul wedge heads? I've seen some blanks for sale at a good price to do some stamping on and I haven't known anyone who has played them before. Also, did swing weight need to be adjusted for the BGT shaft when doing the re-shaft?

The Corey Paul wedge heads are very nice.  Great shaping. Traditional blade style. Soft forgings.  Raw steel. Very versatile sole grind.  Easy to bend.  Great feel.  I highly recommend them!

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Swing weight with the BGT ZNE shaft was good. No adjustments were needed when used with the SuperStroke Traxion Wrap Midsize grip which is light for its size.

The overall balance of the club was excellent as well.  

Will be putting it into play today for 18 holes of golf with our Men’s Golf Association points game.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Put the new BGT ZNE shaft into play yesterday and was very pleased with the results. 

Got up and down 80% of the time.  Shot 75, good for low gross.  Won two skins and tied for second in the points game.

Chipping and pitching with it was outstanding, but I did not have any chances to use a full swing with it as I kept being either a little too close or a little too far for that yardage. 

My feeling after using the shaft during a full round is how precise it is.

Will play another round with it today. 

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

• 3 months later...

So bare with me as this is my first post, but I hope this will help BGT and was curious if you all have noticed the same issues...

So I also watched the video and had to try these shafts! the dispersion element was most interesting and I couldnt pass up the opportunity. So I had my DG TI S400's pulled and put the BGT ZNE 130 in my new Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges(58 & 54). 

My initial reaction was that they felt VERY stable(stiff) which is what I was looking for and expected. I went out and practiced/played I ended up loveing them as I found that they truly did help with my dispersion and did not impact my feel and touch around the greens/bunkers. They actually gave me extra confidence out of the rough as I play in SC and our course has very deep/think Bermuda rough and I felt as I did not have to worry about the face shutting down. But here come the unfortunate part.... 

After less than a month totaling 15-20 hours of practice and 4 or 5 rounds I noticed that the my shots were starting to be very inconsistent and I could not figure out what was wrong to save my life. Then one day on the range I noticed that the shafts looked bent in the tip section. Unfortunately, both of the shafts had failed at the connection point had bent backwards. The shop I use had some new ones that they were going to swap but upon further examination we noticed that all of the shafts(including the unused ones) were not straight and when rolled was very noticeable. They reached out to BGT and they replaced all of their inventory with new goods but the replacements also had the same issue.

I really did love the way these shafts felt and played but I will have a hard time trying them again as I have lost confidence in the quality/durability... it was an expensive experiment so I will let others test until they can get the kinks ironed out. 

Has anyone else noticed these issues?

TSi3 9° Tour AD ub 7 TX

Callaway XR 3wood UST 85g X

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 3I DG TI X100

Cobra King Tour 4-P DG TI X100

50° RTX4 DG X100

54°, 58° RTX Zipcore DG TI S400

Ping Oslo H

Chrome soft X LS

On 2/17/2023 at 7:19 AM, Jreggan29 said:

So bare with me as this is my first post, but I hope this will help BGT and was curious if you all have noticed the same issues...

So I also watched the video and had to try these shafts! the dispersion element was most interesting and I couldnt pass up the opportunity. So I had my DG TI S400's pulled and put the BGT ZNE 130 in my new Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges(58 & 54). 

My initial reaction was that they felt VERY stable(stiff) which is what I was looking for and expected. I went out and practiced/played I ended up loveing them as I found that they truly did help with my dispersion and did not impact my feel and touch around the greens/bunkers. They actually gave me extra confidence out of the rough as I play in SC and our course has very deep/think Bermuda rough and I felt as I did not have to worry about the face shutting down. But here come the unfortunate part.... 

After less than a month totaling 15-20 hours of practice and 4 or 5 rounds I noticed that the my shots were starting to be very inconsistent and I could not figure out what was wrong to save my life. Then one day on the range I noticed that the shafts looked bent in the tip section. Unfortunately, both of the shafts had failed at the connection point had bent backwards. The shop I use had some new ones that they were going to swap but upon further examination we noticed that all of the shafts(including the unused ones) were not straight and when rolled was very noticeable. They reached out to BGT and they replaced all of their inventory with new goods but the replacements also had the same issue.

I really did love the way these shafts felt and played but I will have a hard time trying them again as I have lost confidence in the quality/durability... it was an expensive experiment so I will let others test until they can get the kinks ironed out. 

Has anyone else noticed these issues?

Thanks for the feedback. Were you hitting a lot of full shots with them? I hit a ton of full shots with my wedges and this is concerning.

11 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

Thanks for the feedback. Were you hitting a lot of full shots with them? I hit a ton of full shots with my wedges and this is concerning.

No problem, I'm sure its not the feedback you were hoping for but I hope it helps. And yes like you I hit a lot of full shots with my wedges. The 54 was bent A LOT more than the 58, but I also hit a lot more full shots with the 54. 

We reached out to BGT and the rep actually mentioned they knew about the issue but thought they had fixed it and that the bad inventory had been replaced. He asked us to send back all the shafts(even the replacements) so they could get them to their research team. We are waiting a phone call from BGT on what to do moving forward as we do not want to keep replacing shafts every 4-6 weeks.

I most likely will give them one more run and see how they hold up but if they fail again I'll probably give up on that idea. If/when I them again I'll let you know how they hold up!

TSi3 9° Tour AD ub 7 TX

50° RTX4 DG X100

Ping Oslo H

Chrome soft X LS

On 2/17/2023 at 5:19 AM, Bogeys ov said:

Well now you've got me in a bit of a worry - I just got my Zipcore 60 yesterday and I'm expecting a BGT 130 in the mail tomorrow. So check for straightness before install and after the first few range days?

I came here to ask if anyone who had done an install already had any tips, I'd prefer not to mess up a nearly-$200 shaft if I can avoid it.

Driver: Epic Max 10.5*  iM10
 5W: Launcher HyWood
 4H: Launcher XL Halo
 5-6H: Apex '21 Hybrid
 Irons: 7-PW Apex '21 Black Recoil Dart
 Wedges: CBX2 48/54 Recoil Dart / RTX6 60 BGT ZNE
 SmartSole Chipper BGT ZNE
LAB Golf Putter: Mezz.1 Max Armlock BGT Stability

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I miss 90% of the shots I do."

7 minutes ago, ellomdian said:

Well now you've got me in a bit of a worry - I just got my Zipcore 60 yesterday and I'm expecting a BGT 130 in the mail tomorrow. So check for straightness before install and after the first few range days?

I came here to ask if anyone who had done an install already had any tips, I'd prefer not to mess up a nearly-$200 shaft if I can avoid it.

Yeah I would double check everything before you install and after a few range sessions. If you roll the shaft on a table(must be level) you'll notice quickly if it has an issues in the tip section. 

Good luck! I'm hoping they got it all fixed as I really did like them.

TSi3 9° Tour AD ub 7 TX

50° RTX4 DG X100

Ping Oslo H

Chrome soft X LS

image.png.a4d9b76716d8f037cb54d2c8bb85e9e2.pngimage.png.4f2cd8619bc17f7c29b191096b342af8.png

*Really* pleased with how the 130 looks on the new RTX6. Can't wait to throw some balls downrange in the morning when the epoxy full cures.

Edited by ellomdian

Driver: Epic Max 10.5*  iM10
 5W: Launcher HyWood
 4H: Launcher XL Halo
 5-6H: Apex '21 Hybrid
 Irons: 7-PW Apex '21 Black Recoil Dart
 Wedges: CBX2 48/54 Recoil Dart / RTX6 60 BGT ZNE
 SmartSole Chipper BGT ZNE
LAB Golf Putter: Mezz.1 Max Armlock BGT Stability

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I miss 90% of the shots I do."