BGT Zne Wedge Shaft

PingMD702

On 11/10/2022 at 5:55 PM, Hoyoymac said:

Built up a lob wedge this week with a BGT ZNE 130g shaft and a Corey Paul wedge head.

Took it to the practice chipping area and went through my shag bag filled with 50 Bridgestone Tour BRX balls three times.  

Put it up against another Corey Paul lob wedge built up with a KBS Tour V 125g stiff wedge shaft that also has a ProSoft vibration dampener installed.  Grips were the same SuperStroke Traxion wrap black midsize.

Also compared it to a cobra King Snakebite 58 with a stock KBS Hi Rev 2.0 Stiff shaft.

All three wedges have similar lofts, bounce, length, lie angle and sole grinds.

On the Chipping green the performance was good for all three.  Not a lot of difference except for the contact spot on the face of the wedge with the BGT ZNE shaft was noticeably smaller and more consistent.

The feel of the BGT ZNE shafted wedge was very stable, balanced and contact felt crisp while also being very smooth and was my first choice based on feel. The KBS Tour V shafted wedge with the Pro Soft insert was a close second.  The Cobra wedge had a bit firmer feel overall compared to the other two but performed very well.

Next I went to the adjacent range and started to hit partial swing pitch shots.  This is where the  BGT ZNE shaft started to show itself.  Consistency of start line, front to back and side to side dispersion was better.

Full swing shots were even better.  I definitely felt like my start lines were better and I was just knocking down the pins with the BGT ZNE shafted wedge.

Overall I was encouraged.  I will take it out to the course again next week for another practice round and then give it a trial by fire on the course.

FBEB34C9-E7D7-4188-B516-88CD9710506D.jpeg

CF568F06-FDC8-48DA-9D2D-324BE2A50286.jpeg

Sounds like encouraging results! How are the Corey Paul wedge heads? I've seen some blanks for sale at a good price to do some stamping on and I haven't known anyone who has played them before. Also, did swing weight need to be adjusted for the BGT shaft when doing the re-shaft?

Edited by Rtracymog

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

4 hours ago, Rtracymog said:

Sounds like encouraging results! How are the Corey Paul wedge heads? I've seen some blanks for sale at a good price to do some stamping on and I haven't known anyone who has played them before. Also, did swing weight need to be adjusted for the BGT shaft when doing the re-shaft?

The Corey Paul wedge heads are very nice.  Great shaping. Traditional blade style. Soft forgings.  Raw steel. Very versatile sole grind.  Easy to bend.  Great feel.  I highly recommend them!

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Taylormade SIM Ti - 19 lofted down to 17

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Tour Edge C721 - 25

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades

Corey Paul Functional Art 50, 54 & 58

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX

Swing weight with the BGT ZNE shaft was good. No adjustments were needed when used with the SuperStroke Traxion Wrap Midsize grip which is light for its size.

The overall balance of the club was excellent as well.  

Will be putting it into play today for 18 holes of golf with our Men’s Golf Association points game.

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Tour Edge C721 - 25

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX

Put the new BGT ZNE shaft into play yesterday and was very pleased with the results. 

Got up and down 80% of the time.  Shot 75, good for low gross.  Won two skins and tied for second in the points game.

Chipping and pitching with it was outstanding, but I did not have any chances to use a full swing with it as I kept being either a little too close or a little too far for that yardage. 

My feeling after using the shaft during a full round is how precise it is.

Will play another round with it today. 

• Like 2

Ping G410 LST 10.5

Tour Edge XCG7 - 21

Tour Edge C721 - 25

Bridgestone Tour BRX