Maxfli TriFli...whos tried them?

LickyNatch

Has anyone tried the TriFli balls? I've always been curious but haven't bought any due to the low compression and fear of losing too much spin. The price is always intriguing. What are everyone's thoughts?  

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST200 9.5*

4 Wood: :ping-small: G25 16.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 19*

Irons: :cobra-small: MAX 4-GW

Wedge: :nike-small: VR X3X 56*

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER11v

Launch Monitor: Ernest Sports ESB1

I found a couple in one of my dew sweeper rounds. The next day I did play 18 with one and frankly was impressed with the performance. If I did not have so many Srixons and had to go back to buying balls I would put those near the top of my list for the quality and price point.

• Like 1

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

From a distance it appears to be a 3 piece with an Ionomer cover instead of urethane. Judging from the quality and performance of other Maxfli balls under DSG ownership, should be worth trying if you don't want to pay the extra $5 for Maxfli Tour.

• Like 1

Driver:  Wilson Staff Cortex 9* Atmos Blue 6

3 Wood: Walter Hagen AWX

5 Wood:  Walter Hagen AWX

4 Hybrid: TaylorMade Aeroburner 

Irons 5-AW: TaylorMade Aeroburner HL 

Sand Wedge:   Wilson Harmonized 56*

Putter:   Wilson Staff Infinite Bucktown 34"

So I grabbed two boxes on a 2/$40 deal at GG and played with them yesterday. They feel GREAT. Drivers were carrying 250-260 and rolling out another 20+. Irons felt great as well. I was nervous about the greenside spin but I had no problem putting on the brakes and even backing up a few approach shots. I was REALLY nervous about how they would feel off the putter but they were great there too. This is a true sleeper ball. I hope MGS gets it in the test in the upcoming years! 

• Like 1

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST200 9.5*

4 Wood: :ping-small: G25 16.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 19*

Irons: :cobra-small: MAX 4-GW

Wedge: :nike-small: VR X3X 56*

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER11v

Launch Monitor: Ernest Sports ESB1