Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Is this a Mizuno MP32 iron?

Bought some Mizuno irons to try, the seller said these irons are MP32 but no stamping on it anywhere, all photos I've seen online show MP32 stamping but not these ones. Does anyone know the significance of no stamping, I'm concerned I've got something else but would be surprised from this seller but maybe they don't know either? Please Mizuno players can you identify this iron?

IMG_20220916_125133.jpg

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I would contact Mizuno and see if they can help you. There's probably folks on here that can probably identify a fake, but the photos I've seen don't have the running bird and instead have the M and MP33. There might be a serial number on the shafts, so I'd check that out. 

I’d call Mizuno. 32’s as well as earlier models had SN etched on ferrules rather than the hosel. In the event someone would pull the shafts you’d have no # for authentication. 

Let us know what you find. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Yeah thanks guy's Will do, visited a friend this am who played mp53 and he said they look like Mizuno. And showed me 2 Cleveland wedges that one had more writing than the other identical wedge, so I'm going to email Mizuno and see what they have to say. I'll also contact the seller and ask him, I've also asked Maltby and they said never seen a head like this one before but could be a special model for a Pro. Plus the shaft is different, True Temper Dynamic Gold SL..

I'm guessing the SL means super light, it feels lighter but I'll keep trying and post here my results. Cheers Colin...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

The T200 appears to be a distance iron and more forgiving than the blade mizuno MP32 the differences in design would correlate to the harsh feedback or sting you feel when you make an off center hit. 

For being the same in distance you might want to have the lofts checked or find a bunch of the shafts because if both clubs are at spec you should be 1/2 to 1 club shorter with the mizunos. I.e. the 5 iron is 27 where the T200 is 25. Doesn't sound like much but can be a game changer in the distance category. It is not uncommon to loft jack the mizuno for that very reason.

Yes the vibration inserts will help and a softer grip will also dampen the "zing" on an off center hit but will not eliminate it.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

18 hours ago, McGolf said:

The T200 appears to be a distance iron and more forgiving than the blade mizuno MP32 the differences in design would correlate to the harsh feedback or sting you feel when you make an off center hit. 

For being the same in distance you might want to have the lofts checked or find a bunch of the shafts because if both clubs are at spec you should be 1/2 to 1 club shorter with the mizunos. I.e. the 5 iron is 27 where the T200 is 25. Doesn't sound like much but can be a game changer in the distance category. It is not uncommon to loft jack the mizuno for that very reason.

Yes the vibration inserts will help and a softer grip will also dampen the "zing" on an off center hit but will not eliminate it.

Thanks for that, I appreciate the numbers as I did wonder about loft and lie because dispersion is improved. I would say the T200 might not have std loft and lie because of the left dispersion tendency, actually very disappointed with them hence looking at Mizuno. I changed the grips on the 5-8 irons to try tomorrow, I worked hard today on not over swinging which I do as I've got older looking for length. I've tried to look at smash factor with my Rapsodo to improve ball striking, my ave was 1.42 and ball speed 135 which I've not got for quite some time. Cheers Colin...

• 2 months later...

My MP 32 didn't have the running bird logo at all.

Screenshot_20221122_125052_Twitter.jpg.1e2db6ab8ce4ceec21480b085cba624d.jpg

:cobra-small: RADSpeed 9° Matrix Black Tie X-Flex 🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small:CLK 19° Hybrid Speeder Evo HB S 

:mizuno-small: MP54 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 115 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

7 hours ago, DStar said:

My MP 32 didn't have the running bird logo at all.

Screenshot_20221122_125052_Twitter.jpg.1e2db6ab8ce4ceec21480b085cba624d.jpg

Hey thanks for your feedback much appreciated, I've been playing  a few weeks now with these MP32's and I have to say I like them because I'm hitting them real well. In fact the seller from Japan said there a matched set made for a Japanese Pro and he didn't want the stamp on them "Special" for him, I thought yeah yeah a sellers spiel but now I'm thinking maybe it's true. I'm really happy with one shot I hit 50metres into the green nice punch that bounces twice and stops on third bounce 2feet from the pin, it's so long since I've done that I don't remember lol and what's worse I didn't see the spin but my mate did but I did see the resulting bounce and stop WOW...

16 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Hey thanks for your feedback much appreciated, I've been playing  a few weeks now with these MP32's and I have to say I like them because I'm hitting them real well. In fact the seller from Japan said there a matched set made for a Japanese Pro and he didn't want the stamp on them "Special" for him, I thought yeah yeah a sellers spiel but now I'm thinking maybe it's true. I'm really happy with one shot I hit 50metres into the green nice punch that bounces twice and stops on third bounce 2feet from the pin, it's so long since I've done that I don't remember lol and what's worse I didn't see the spin but my mate did but I did see the resulting bounce and stop WOW...

I'm betting they are real. You see a lot of Japan Mizuno sets with different or much lesser stamping. Not uncommon at all. 

5 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I'm betting they are real. You see a lot of Japan Mizuno sets with different or much lesser stamping. Not uncommon at all. 

I'm thinking they are 110% real, I base that on my one perfect shot hoping for more. I want to insert damping foam and soft grips as I get a stinging on off center hits in my hands, but I'm concerned anything I change within the irons may change the balance and the FEEL. Have you tried doing this and was it ok, I'm a believer if it ain't broke don't fix it?

Cheers ...

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Billcop72 said:

I have some MP-32s as well as a few other blade iron sets. I like the Winn grips that are softer and a bit spongy but have recently started using some Champkey polyurethane grips that tame some stinging but are not as spongy as the Winn grips. I really like them!

Ahhh thanks, I've used the Winn grips on some T200 irons I had but they wear pretty easily, I've got a little better with ball striking so not much stinging now. I'll look online for the champ grip, probably on eBay.