TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 Official Arccos Bundle Member Test

GolfSpy_APH

Sometimes the old ways are the best ways. We are going to go through and continue this test/review under the old method as we intend to create a little competition here. I will leave a link to this thread in the old one, however in the mean time please welcome our testers once again as they look to put the Arccos bundle through its paces and see how it can help/improve their game along the way. 

Stay tuned for more about our side challenges/games to create a bit more fun and involvement in this test and maybe have some of you readers join in on the fun as well!

Testers
@Getoffmylawn 

@MyWifesSwingCoach

@Ben_Howell34

@DiscipleofPenick

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Logo.png.84821fc4a3dd4e07e48c9cca0feb15b8.png

Getoffmylawn’s Take:  Arccos is a great concept that can definitely help you play better golf, but it’s still a little rough around the edges in execution, and for me it’s a little too invasive in my on-course routine. Read on!

Greetings fellow golf junkie!  My name’s Hayes.  I’m on Active Duty in the Air Force, I’m a happily married father of 5 and pretty damn busy as a result, and when I’m not working or doing family stuff, I’ve got golf on the brain. 

IMG_3183.jpg.5460a0bc7508c199b52e8838fbcd4bc7.jpgIMG_3038.jpg.e50cefe3d315f3bb1ade643dd4f94b3d.jpg

(Yes, I know I seriously out-kicked my coverage in the wife department.)

I’ve been playing for 9 years now and have slowly whittled my way down to a single digit handicap. I tend to get 1-2 rounds in a week at best, and have struggled to find consistency lately; I am as likely to shoot an 83 as I am a 73. Practice time is even more precious to me, so when I do get a chance to practice it’s become very important to me to make sure I’m using my time wisely. My long-term goal in golf is to get to a plus handicap and eventually enter (and compete well in) some mid-am competitions.  If I’m going to improve, I need to focus my efforts and some Strokes Gained analytics should surely help me reach my goals.  Enter Arccos...?

IMG_3987.jpg.46fe23963c0d3403bed4b465fef45a79.jpg

If you have any experience with Arccos, you know the company makes some very bold claims regarding their product, not the least of which is their statement that the average new member reduces their handicap by 5.71 strokes in the first year! Arccos says you’ll “Improve faster by harnessing the world’s largest on course data set,” and “Make better decisions with A.I. machine learning!  They say you’ll “Know your game by truly understanding your strengths and weaknesses” and “Vote for Pedro, and all of your wildest dreams will come true.”  Okay, Arccos doesn’t make that last claim, but it kind of feels like they stop just short of it, right?  Well on the MGS forum we try to cut through the hype and see if the product actually delivers. Arccos does, sort of…

First Impressions (3 out of 5 Stars)

For this test I received the Arccos Starter Bundle, which consists of 14 sensors, and Arccos Link.  As far as packaging was concerned, everything was perfectly in order and arrived well-protected.  

Unboxing2.jpg.b387c97da4db406f61ee26d21d6a8df3.jpg

Installation was stress-free; the app brings up a pairing wizard wherein you basically identify the club, scan the sensor with your phone, and tada…your club is paired. 

SuperStrokeAdapt4.PNG.36f33c839b59f8efeaca5bb4d145eb73.PNG

I also received a Superstoke Putter Grip adapter. If you’re familiar with SuperStroke putters, the end of the grip includes a counterweight port, which means you can’t simply screw in an Arccos sensor.  Arccos has made an adapter kit to account for that which works pretty well (and as far as I can tell is something the Shotscope bubbas haven’t developed yet.)

SuperStrokeAdapt1.jpg.a0ad7e3c641282326545c2d765a7bea2.jpgSuperstroke4.jpg.2834fd202c67812e04e535e849eaa58d.jpg

As to aesthetics and fit and finish, I have to admit I’m not entirely thrilled with Arccos in this department. I understand Arccos is a brand with a signature look, but the green is pretty meh when it buts up against some contrasting colors.  Arccos recently released a Limited Edition “Smoke” package that replaced that green with a gray, and I would really prefer that look.

The other oddity that kept creeping up for me concerns the fit of the sensors.  They fit perfectly flush against the grip of course, but I found myself consistently gripping up on the club as a result of the sensor, basically treating the sensor as the “new” butt end of the club.  Not good, and maybe that’s just me, but it’s something I’ll have to pay attention to going forward.

Finally, Link.  From an aesthetics standpoint it’s a clean and unobtrusive little gizmo.  Once it’s clipped to my front pocket I didn’t really pay any attention to it until it was time to mark a flag.  More on Link later…

LinkPosition.jpg.07a918efa8a9288b62a85df74f2eb989.jpg

The Numbers (4 out of 5 stars)

When discussing the numbers in Arccos, there are really three different sets of numbers to consider.  The first, the GPS, is 5 stars all the way. As a guy who maybe reaches for his Bushnell rangefinder a little too often, I was very keen to get my hands on a good GPS, and Arccos did not disappoint.  Arccos pulled in my home course no problem, but where it really shined was in providing conditions-adjusted yardages for the front, center, and back of the green.  ALL of my Arccos rounds so far have been in cold temps and wind, and having the guess work taken out of the distances was extremely helpful in picking a club and putting a committed swing on it. Mind you, I still had to hit the shot and I didn’t always pull it off, but if I missed a shot it wasn’t because of indecision.

GPS1.PNG.2b808442ddeed38dfb858c72b5266726.PNG

The second set of numbers is the Strokes Gained figures, and here Arccos is going to be a difference maker in the long term.  Now mind you, going in I kind of knew I was pretty good off the tee, really good around the green, and not so awesome with my approach game or putting.  After test-driving Arccos, guess what?  Turns out I’m pretty good off the tee, good around the green (but maybe not as good as I thought I was), and not so awesome with my approach game or putting.

SGSofar.PNG.b53a680507b70292b0b0f3e80d2ceac7.PNG

However, Arccos is great at chopping up the numbers further into specific yardages, and I can’t wait to get more rounds in and watch the data set grow.  One cool feature you can use to do that is the Arccos Dashboard; if you don’t want to stare at your phone, you can log in to the Arccos site and manage your account and comb through your data directly on their website.  They’ve also just rolled out a Beta version of the dashboard that should be fun to cruise through:

ArccosDashboardBeta.png.93a62c9f100cee7cf79036494a7ff45d.png

The third set of numbers is the distances by club.  Here, the jury’s out but so far I’m not impressed. Now granted, I don’t have a ton of rounds in so this should improve considerably in theory.  And, Arccos has supposedly improved their algorithm to eliminate outlier shots that shouldn’t be calculated in your total distances.  That said, but there just ain’t no freakin’ way these are my yardages.  (I'll now pause while you mutter "he's in denial" to yourself.)

IMG_3990.PNG.fa968e919f887bac7a338f224814b8c7.PNG

As I said, I’ve been playing a lot in cold temps and a lot of wind, meaning I’m taking a lot of club and hitting knockdown shots.  I’m not confident Arccos, despite whatever updates have been made, is really capable of accurately assessing club yardages if it can’t filter better for knockdowns, punch outs (which I do a lot with my 7-iron), etc.  I intend to come back to this thread as this part of the story evolves, but so far I’m unimpressed with this part of the system.

One thing is for sure, I’m going to get a ton of use out of the Strokes Gained data, and the GPS will be a go-to for distances during the rounds.

A couple of other nuggets I’ll pass on:  I make a habit of putting my iPhone 12 in low battery mode before playing.  In low battery mode, checking Arccos for GPS yardages and checking whether or not it was capturing my shots, it still drained about 25% of my battery life.  Of course, I may have been checking ProFootballTalk and answering “what hole are you on” texts from the wife a bit too.  Also, regarding Link, I purposefully didn’t charge it after my first 18, and my 13 on my second 18 hole round a week later I started to get low Link battery notices.  It still made it through the second 18, but it’s probably best to charge it after every round.

On-Course (4 out of 5 stars)

First, the positive…as I’ve already discussed, the condition-adjusted GPS was enough on its own to help me hit better shots. That said, it’d be an exaggeration to say you can simply start your round in Arccos, forget about it, and presto…there’s your score after 18.  Frankly, I had mixed results that got progressively better with each round. 

My first time out, Arccos Link missed a ton of shots, and I must have spent 15 minutes combing through my scorecard trying to update the shots I missed.  The interface on Arccos to add shots is easy enough, but crawling through the scorecard to try and plug them in was pretty much a PITA.  My second time out, Link performed a little better, but I stil had to add a couple shots and, oddly enough, delete a few shots that Arccos had added in.  My third time out, after some tips from some helpful users on this forum, Link did much better after I adjusted how I was using it.

To make it work, I did have to add a few steps to my normal routine. One, I didn’t always remember to mark the flag.  It’s easily done with a click on the Link, but it did take a while to get into the habit. Two, my post round score cleanup was much improved after another user recommended I simply take a quick look on my way to the next tee box, just to make sure everything had been captured correctly and do any quick cleanup.  That practice worked MUCH better than waiting until the end of the round.

The Good, the bad, the inbetween (3 out of 5 stars)

Part of the Link discussion is a matter of personal preference. If you’re good with wearing a watch, Arccos just released updates to let you start and play an entire round, tracking all your shots, without every touching your phone.  Or, you could always go old school and keep your phone in your pocket.  For me, call me stubborn but I won’t wear a watch or carry my phone…Link has got to work or Arccos is a no-go for me.  And it does, most of the time.

The other nuance with Link that kind of bothers me is how much it draws my attention to my score if I check that it properly recorded my score each hole. I suspect I’m not alone in this, but I continue to struggle with doing some math in my head and knowing how much I’m over par by a certain point in the round, and what I need to shoot coming in to meet a certain goal score.  It’s a bad habit to get into…I would much rather be process and “next shot” oriented than results oriented. I’ve always found I’ve shot my best rounds when I’m not keeping the card and I’m letting a playing partner do it…gives me a chance to not dwell on it after every hole.  Well, for Link to work without a massive 15-minute scorecard review at the end of the round, guess what…I’ve got to review each hole and dwell on my score.  I don’t like that nuance, at all

Play it or Trade it? (4 out of 5 stars)

I’m certainly going to play it for a season. Frankly, if I can’t get my mental game strong enough to not let knowing my score bother me, then I feel like I’ve got bigger problems. And, as you’ve probably guessed by now, I am really really excited for a year of Strokes Gained analytics, and the conditions-adjusted GPS as well.  I’m also impressed so far with what seems to be an attitude of perpetual improvement from Arccos.  I’ve already mentioned the new Dashboard and the Apple Watch updates, and these improvements seem to follow a trend of continuous upgrades each year.  Bottom line:  I’m going to give it a chance.

Conclusion

Is Arccos going to reduce my handicap by 5 strokes?  I highly doubt it, but remember Arccos claims to reduce strokes by an AVERAGE of 5. I came into this having a pretty good idea of where I need to work hard to improve, and I’ll use the Strokes Gained analytics on the Dashboard to further refine my practice habits. If a higher handicap player came to Arccos having no idea where they’re losing shots, I can see this system yielding some eureka moments that leads to those 5 stroke gains. And as I’ve said earlier, perhaps the data will get better with more rounds, but the notion that Arccos will help me understand how far I really hit my clubs isn’t panning out. In my opinion, that part of the system needs work to further refine and eliminate outliers like knockdown and flighted shots.  That’s a tall order I know, but it strikes me as a deficiency just the same.

Final Score (18 out of 30 stars)

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

My name is Matt Wardell and I am 30 years old. I live in Southgate, MI with my Wife and two daughters. I want to start off by thanking MyGolfSpy and Arccos for this amazing opportunity.

I am a CAD Designer and now work with wiring harnesses for gas and electric vehicles. I have been working from home since the pandemic began, and while I want to take more advantage of that to go golf, nothing could be better than being at home with my Wife and girls.

image.png.eaeef687c30b6510854bd818c4828361.png              image.png.e58c92175e96becdd7ea209f963c86f4.png

The lockdowns are what brought me back to the game I love after a near decade hiatus, it began with youtube videos and MyGolfSpy whilst I was on medical leave helping my Wife through some severe post-partum issues. This led me to buy some used clubs, swinging and putting in the living room. But lets back up a little bit.

My journey in Golf started with a misunderstanding, while I was getting ready for high school (~early 2000s) my father was talking to me about sports to play. While I have played many sports throughout my life such as hockey, soccer, basketball, and baseball, Golf wasn’t really on my radar. But I misunderstood my Dad and I thought that playing a sport was a requirement to graduate, my old man had been playing golf for a little bit so high school golf it was. 

I played on the varsity team, worked at a virtual golf facility and fell in love with the game, the camaraderie, the fact that it is a difficult game but also fun, always wanting to improve whether it be strategy or form. I think Arnold Palmer said it best… "Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."

These days I can play a couple times a month and thankfully my area has some nice courses as well as some really nice courses if you don’t mind a short drive. I am also working to help my Wife and kids get into the game as they saw my enthusiasm for golf, and we thought it would be a nice family activity. Unfortunately, that has been a slow path lately and I hope that come spring we can really get moving on that, I will still be reviewing the Arccos system during that time as well so that will help.

Testing

For this test, I will be increasing the amount that I typically golf. This is due to Michigans season eventually coming to an end, and to provide as much data as I can for what I will call the first half of the review. As we are being generously provided a year membership to Arccos, I will be attempting to collect data until I am no longer able to play due to weather, I will then look into what areas need improvement per Arccos recommendation. During the off season, I will use Arccos data to work on areas that need improvement and see how much it has helped me in the beginning of next season.

I am also playing with the idea of putting the Arccos system head-to-head against my ShotScope V2 watch, how I would do this is not completely ironed out so I will update when I am able.

According to the Arccos website, new users can expect a 5 stroke improvement. So after getting my initial handicap via their strokes gained analysis, I will be seeing if that kind of improvement is achievable between now and when my prepaid membership expires. It is at that point I will make my decision whether the system will stay with me or not. 

I am very excited to test this product as I have been wondering about stats and what I should keep and not keep while also paradoxically wanting to keep everything as simple as possible while still improving. My hope is that this Arccos system will do just that for me. 

My biggest hope above all else, is for all those reading to take something valuable from my review be it a new interest, perspective, maybe even a laugh. I will end this introduction with one of my favorite prayers...

“Lord, please use my crap as fertilizer for their growth. Amen” 

I hope you all enjoy the review and please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

Ah competition. Music to my ears! image.gif.7b6baa3d93bc7fa27eae2070e04ebccd.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Yes!  Can't wait for a little not-so-friendly competition here! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

33 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Competitions now I regret being hurt, but I hope this is a good one

Doesn't meant you won't be able to join us somehow during the test!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Doesn't meant you won't be able to join us somehow during the test!

I’ll definitely be happy to get my back to the point I can golf again this year while swinging freely and not in pain. If not I’ll call it quits a month or so early

On 9/18/2022 at 6:42 AM, Lacassem said:

Ah competition. Music to my ears! image.gif.7b6baa3d93bc7fa27eae2070e04ebccd.gif

Well, not really much of a competition in some cases, but you go ahead and get your hopes up sport.  🤣

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

15 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Well, not really much of a competition in some cases, but you go ahead and get your hopes up sport.  🤣

I mean I’m already scoring so low it would be tough to improve! Rest of ya have a huge window for before and after handicaps! You’ll win hands down if that’s one of the “competitions”

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

The bundle is supposed to arrive Monday evening; can't wait.  New driver, 3 wood, and re-shafted hybrids should be right behind too...going to be a fun week!

I just got a UPS notification, should get them Saturday! Thrilled to try these out! 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

I also got my notification that these will arrive on Monday, and I got an email from a contact at Arccos confirming they have shipped and wishing me luck.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I also got my notification that these will arrive on Monday, and I got an email from a contact at Arccos confirming they have shipped and wishing me luck.

Got that same email.  Nice little bit of customer service to start this test…

Intro posted, got my delivery date for monday and also an email from Arccos. 

image.png.c6ca3da9ab240fd0b250c0daf531c7de.png

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

On 9/18/2022 at 4:27 AM, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

My name is Matt Wardell and I am 30 years old. I live in Southgate, MI with my Wife and two daughters.

I think we need to be on opposite sides for this competition. A little bit of Cleveland vs. Detroit challenge. And as a Buckeye, well it goes without saying... 😜

Also we should meetup. There's some great courses in Toledo I need an excuse to go play.

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

I think we need to be on opposite sides for this competition. A little bit of Cleveland vs. Detroit challenge. And as a Buckeye, well it goes without saying... 😜

Also we should meetup. There's some great courses in Toledo I need an excuse to go play.

Huckleberry Doc Holliday - quickmeme

34 minutes ago, Ben_Howell34 said:

FF7F25C3-BC2C-4547-B809-0473E4822988.jpeg.28ec7b5a5683760dfdd22f07aec5a828.jpeg

Come to papa! 

So 20 minutes till your next round?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

How was the pairing process for you guys that have got your systems and what phones are you using?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

So, a little more detail I didn't share from my intro...I'm extremely excited about finally having some Strokes Gained data to support my practice and overall improvement efforts.

As I posted, I'm a quite busy husband, officer, student, and father of 3...my practice time is precious, and getting out for a round doesn't nearly as often as I'd like.  Then, of course, once I'm actually able to get out for a round, the "what hole are you on" texts start coming and I inevitably sprint from the 18th to the truck to get home because one of three kids has to get to whatever practice or activity they need to get to.

Long build up to show you this, a screenshot of the Analysis tab for entering your post round data in the DECADE Elite program:

1381473419_DecadeStrokesGained.PNG.941f25a1a1c1cae7d70a165f8cda9006.PNG

I know that's not the best picture; I'm not expecting anyone to read it as much as recognize that it's a lot, and I have grudgingly learned that it's just not realistic to think that I'm going to be a guy that can sit down and manually enter a bunch of info post-round...life gets in the way.  (If your mind goes to "well then why did you pay that much for DECADE Elite, I didn't, which is another story.)

So, I'm extremely excited for Arccos to help me have some data and analytics in a convenient and easy manner, and part of my review will be seeing whether or not Arccos lives up to that promise.

51 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So, a little more detail I didn't share from my intro...I'm extremely excited about finally having some Strokes Gained data to support my practice and overall improvement efforts.

As I posted, I'm a quite busy husband, officer, student, and father of 3...my practice time is precious, and getting out for a round doesn't nearly as often as I'd like.  Then, of course, once I'm actually able to get out for a round, the "what hole are you on" texts start coming and I inevitably sprint from the 18th to the truck to get home because one of three kids has to get to whatever practice or activity they need to get to.

Long build up to show you this, a screenshot of the Analysis tab for entering your post round data in the DECADE Elite program:

1381473419_DecadeStrokesGained.PNG.941f25a1a1c1cae7d70a165f8cda9006.PNG

I know that's not the best picture; I'm not expecting anyone to read it as much as recognize that it's a lot, and I have grudgingly learned that it's just not realistic to think that I'm going to be a guy that can sit down and manually enter a bunch of info post-round...life gets in the way.  (If your mind goes to "well then why did you pay that much for DECADE Elite, I didn't, which is another story.)

So, I'm extremely excited for Arccos to help me have some data and analytics in a convenient and easy manner, and part of my review will be seeing whether or not Arccos lives up to that promise.

This is definitely part of the reason I enjoy it as well. Easy digestible data, already generated.

Looking forward to seeing everyones day to day data!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I wonder who is going to have fewest putts in their first round with the system. Putting is something that can be trick with Arccos, but once you are use to I do find it quite intuitive. Curious to hear your thoughts on it as the test goes on.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

I wonder who is going to have fewest putts in their first round with the system. Putting is something that can be trick with Arccos, but once you are use to I do find it quite intuitive. Curious to hear your thoughts on it as the test goes on.

Yes and making sure you are tracking it is important. Data will be very skewed if not.

Some of the upgrades like the walking path on the green is very helpful. I can see where I look at a putt and where I putt from very easily.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I agree with the comments around putting.  The Link is great for making sure you get each putt recorded and the location on the pin with the button.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Today's the day! I should have mine this afternoon!

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Interesting; I’m looking forward to how well the system works in capturing the putts, but “fewest putts” as a stand-alone statistic is debatable.  If your GIR is low and you’re getting up and down a lot, it’s debatable that you necessarily putted better than a guy who had a high GIR and two-putted a lot, no?