Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2022 Official Arccos Bundle Member Test

GolfSpy_APH

49 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Interesting; I’m looking forward to how well the system works in capturing the putts, but “fewest putts” as a stand-alone statistic is debatable.  If your GIR is low and you’re getting up and down a lot, it’s debatable that you necessarily putted better than a guy who had a high GIR and two-putted a lot, no?

I understand your pessimism, I had the same view before Arccos and I had used Garmin for my stats before.  The difference is that Arccos studies the length of putt made, putting trends, and other data to provide a comprehensive view on my putting.  

It actually tells me that  suck at 0-10 footers on a consistent basis.  It seems that my SG analysis consistently points to my shortcomings in this area and its not GIR, approach shots, etc. Interestingly, my short game consisting of bunkers and short chip shots is actually better consistently (on SG basis) than my short to medium putts.  I always thought my bunker play was brutal, but its actually not bad when it takes into account proximity to the hole, etc.  Its my putting that's bad.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

2 hours ago, KC Golf said:

I understand your pessimism, I had the same view before Arccos and I had used Garmin for my stats before.  The difference is that Arccos studies the length of putt made, putting trends, and other data to provide a comprehensive view on my putting.  

It actually tells me that  suck at 0-10 footers on a consistent basis.  It seems that my SG analysis consistently points to my shortcomings in this area and its not GIR, approach shots, etc. Interestingly, my short game consisting of bunkers and short chip shots is actually better consistently (on SG basis) than my short to medium putts.  I always thought my bunker play was brutal, but its actually not bad when it takes into account proximity to the hole, etc.  Its my putting that's bad.

Sounds great, and I’m really excited to get those same insights. 
My comment was intended to express skepticism towards “fewest putts” as a measure of putting ability though, not to comment on the Arccos system.  
And on that point, fewest putts is a fun and worthwhile metric to strive towards lowering, I’m just saying sometimes further analysis is needed.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Had a nice end to a long/rough day when I got home…

EEC7B284-788D-4694-BE6D-A2934081F812.jpeg.6062b9335ea43c689f3842c3b3c388d4.jpeg

D714061D-A732-450D-86B0-768FFF8379C1.jpeg.178f6a305c045de96723b0ab05e78a6e.jpeg

It’s about to go down people!  Get your popcorn ready!

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

@Getoffmylawn you might want to edit the first photo if you don't want everyone knowing where you live.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

@Getoffmylawn you might want to edit the first photo if you don't want everyone knowing where you live.

He is air force....Lives life on the edge.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Definitely would be a smart move

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

He is air force....Lives life on the edge.

Crap.  Posted at the end of a very long day, didn't catch that.  Thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

So testers! What are your thoughts through the first few weeks!?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 10/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

So testers! What are your thoughts through the first few weeks!?

Overall I really like having this on my clubs. It's working great (with the phone in pocket) and I'm not overwhelmed by the data. I actually find myself reviewing rounds at night on the couch. I still don't totally get strokes gained, but I think it's showing me about what I expected to see. It was a breeze to set up and once it's set up you don't need to do anything, just turn the app on and go play.

But I do have two issues with it

1. The link does not work well at all. I played the first 3 rounds with the link clipped to my belt. The first round wasn't bad, but the other two I had to input 20+ shots after each round. The last two rounds I played I left the link at home and had the phone in my pocket. I only had to adjust the distance on maybe a handful of putts.

2. The course display is almost impossible to see on a sunny day. Even with brightness turned all the way up on the phone, it's still so dark that if there's any sun I can't see anything on the screen. They need some sort of contrast to lighten this up.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Overall I really like having this on my clubs. It's working great (with the phone in pocket) and I'm not overwhelmed by the data. I actually find myself reviewing rounds at night on the couch. I still don't totally get strokes gained, but I think it's showing me about what I expected to see. It was a breeze to set up and once it's set up you don't need to do anything, just turn the app on and go play.

But I do have two issues with it

1. The link does not work well at all. I played the first 3 rounds with the link clipped to my belt. The first round wasn't bad, but the other two I had to input 20+ shots after each round. The last two rounds I played I left the link at home and had the phone in my pocket. I only had to adjust the distance on maybe a handful of putts.

2. The course display is almost impossible to see on a sunny day. Even with brightness turned all the way up on the phone, it's still so dark that if there's any sun I can't see anything on the screen. They need some sort of contrast to lighten this up.

Great stuff!  

With the Link, clip it to to your front pocket so the device is on the outside and the clip is inside your pocket.  I found the belt location isn't as reliable, especially if you are wearing a loose fitting shirt or outer layer that rubs against or covers the device.

4 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Great stuff!  

With the Link, clip it to to your front pocket so the device is on the outside and the clip is inside your pocket.  I found the belt location isn't as reliable, especially if you are wearing a loose fitting shirt or outer layer that rubs against or covers the device.

Ok I'm playing Saturday so I will try that. And it's supposed to be in the upper 60s & sunny so I shouldn't need a pullover.

Take Dead Aim

So I was playing Saturday and looking at my SG stats. My approach stats seemed to be off. Then I was looking and saw that it was counting a lot of punch outs as negative strokes gained. I wonder why this is? I don't know a ton about SG, but this seems odd. Does all it count is that my second shot hit the green or not? I mean I put my drive into the trees and have to play a positional shot because I can't go at the green. In reality, this isn't a bad approach shot, I am just blocked from the green because my drive was terrible. I mean, shouldn't this count against my driving stats? Or does SG only care how far I hit the ball? Arccos can't identify that I'm hitting a punch shot. All it knows is that I hit a 4 iron 120 yards when I was 170 yards from the green and records that as a lost stroke in the approach game. But the stroke was lost because of a wild drive. This seems backwards to me a bit. Does anyone have insights on how this works?

Also, the caddie recommendations are pretty bad right now. It'll tell me to hit a hybrid off the tee, but then show I need to hit that shot 255 yards. I don't hit this club that far, 230 tops is my distance. Or it will show me 3 options but all of them are the same club off the tee, but then a 7-8-9 iron depending on flag position. Also on a 440 yard par 4 it recommended I hit 3W, but then on a 320 yard par 4 it recommened driver. This also seems counterintuitive? I am hoping that I need to add more data before it really starts to work. Also, most of my rounds have been in cool weather and wind. I am hoping that this is also a negative short-term impact and as I use the system next season, it will show my true distances over the course of the summer.

Take Dead Aim

5 hours ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

So I was playing Saturday and looking at my SG stats. My approach stats seemed to be off. Then I was looking and saw that it was counting a lot of punch outs as negative strokes gained. I wonder why this is? I don't know a ton about SG, but this seems odd. Does all it count is that my second shot hit the green or not? I mean I put my drive into the trees and have to play a positional shot because I can't go at the green. In reality, this isn't a bad approach shot, I am just blocked from the green because my drive was terrible. I mean, shouldn't this count against my driving stats? Or does SG only care how far I hit the ball? Arccos can't identify that I'm hitting a punch shot. All it knows is that I hit a 4 iron 120 yards when I was 170 yards from the green and records that as a lost stroke in the approach game. But the stroke was lost because of a wild drive. This seems backwards to me a bit. Does anyone have insights on how this works?

Also, the caddie recommendations are pretty bad right now. It'll tell me to hit a hybrid off the tee, but then show I need to hit that shot 255 yards. I don't hit this club that far, 230 tops is my distance. Or it will show me 3 options but all of them are the same club off the tee, but then a 7-8-9 iron depending on flag position. Also on a 440 yard par 4 it recommended I hit 3W, but then on a 320 yard par 4 it recommened driver. This also seems counterintuitive? I am hoping that I need to add more data before it really starts to work. Also, most of my rounds have been in cool weather and wind. I am hoping that this is also a negative short-term impact and as I use the system next season, it will show my true distances over the course of the summer.

My thoughts on SG:

I feel like it doesn’t penalize you enough on drives that end up blocked out of your approach, but Arccos can’t really tell if you’re behind a tree, so then your positional shot is over penalized as it would still expect you to get close to the green even though you’re blocked. It would be a nice future feature to include a “punch out” option to help even that out. 

and as for the Caddie:

Mine got way better with more shots in my history.  Sometimes I still don’t agree with it, but the distances don’t seem to be too far off. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

13 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

My thoughts on SG:

I feel like it doesn’t penalize you enough on drives that end up blocked out of your approach, but Arccos can’t really tell if you’re behind a tree, so then your positional shot is over penalized as it would still expect you to get close to the green even though you’re blocked. It would be a nice future feature to include a “punch out” option to help even that out. 

and as for the Caddie:

Mine got way better with more shots in my history.  Sometimes I still don’t agree with it, but the distances don’t seem to be too far off. 

Yes, I understand things will get better as I input more information. Also I was looking at the individual strokes gained for each club and the 5-6-7 iron are some of the best clubs in my bag, but the 4 is one of the worst. The 4 is also the club I use for 90% of my punch outs, so that would be why Arccos shows that it is a poor club for me, and my distance with the 4 is shorter than the 5 or 6 irons. 

Don't know if any ShotScope users are following along, but if so, do any of you know if SS has an option to mark shots as punch out or "positional" plays?

Take Dead Aim

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Yes, I understand things will get better as I input more information. Also I was looking at the individual strokes gained for each club and the 5-6-7 iron are some of the best clubs in my bag, but the 4 is one of the worst. The 4 is also the club I use for 90% of my punch outs, so that would be why Arccos shows that it is a poor club for me, and my distance with the 4 is shorter than the 5 or 6 irons. 

Don't know if any ShotScope users are following along, but if so, do any of you know if SS has an option to mark shots as punch out or "positional" plays?

Yes shot scope does have an option to do just that. You can mark a shot as positional so it does not affect the average distances. They do not have strokes gained for each club, but I would want it to ignore that as well. Though I still find the same thing when I make a second shot as positional I find my approach play is the weakest, but many times I feel it comes more from poor drives than my actual iron play. Or maybe I just don't want to believe my iron play is my weakest area.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Used the Arccos system for the second time today. I did not post after the first time because I did not have my putter attachment. A few thoughts: 

I like the way the app is set up and it gives you 3 distances into the green (back, middle and front) as well as how it is playing with current wind and a recommended club. However, many times the recommended club would be one longer than I need, but I am thinking that is more a lack of data for me versus a system error thing. 

Both times I have used it, the Link portion of the system has not worked well at all. The first time, it missed about 80% of my approach shots. Yesterday, it would not stay connected to the app at all, so I had to use my phone. The phone actually did well and only missed one shot (a putt). I just saw here that clipping it on your pocket vs belt has worked better so I will try that next time. 

The SG aspect is really cool, but seemed to be off on putting and driving. I did not drive well at all directionally (I tend to hit it pretty far either way) and my irons might have been the best I’ve ever hit them and my SG were almost identical on both. It’s possible that the app cannot tell if my drive is the reason I could not get a good shot at the green. I also putted pretty well but my putting was the worst. Since the app doesn’t always know pin location, you do have to move the putts around sometimes so it knows how close (approximately) to the hole you were for your putt. 

Excited to try this out again and work the kinks out. It was definitely helpful that I knew the app from the first time I played, since you can’t really “practice” the app without playing a round. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

image.png

https://mygolfspy.com/arccos-adds-usga-handicap-integration/

Any of the testers see this or care to give your thoughts on this feature which is being added?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Any of the testers see this or care to give your thoughts on this feature which is being added?

I saw this e-mail and thought that this would be cool.  Anything that can make it easier for folks to have an official handicap is great in my book.  And I say this as someone who only has an unofficial handicap 🙂  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 11/4/2022 at 9:13 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

I saw that email as well. Seems to be a cool feature as I do have a GHIN handicap. From what I read, I am assuming that I would just enter the round into Arccos and it automatically adds to my handicap? 

Used it again yesterday for a quick 9. Did not try the Link again as I did not really have time to fool with it. The phone worked fine, but it did miss a couple of drives, which after the fact can be a bit annoying, as you basically have to guess where you hit it from on the map (although it seems to get fairly close based on my other distances).  I also need to figure out how to work the putting portion better.

Overall with my 1st 3 rounds it’s been fun to use and cool to see the data. 

I find it really interesting that the Link is causing so many issues. Although I've moved on from Arccos I still am a member of the Facebook group and it seems very few people actually have success getting the Link to capture shots correctly.

I really did enjoy Arccos' analytics, but ShotScope is catching up quickly in that area.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Yeah I am surprised too. I have had nothing but success with the Link. I’ve had two - one fell off my rainsuit one day and despite a vigourus search between its last known location I just couldnt find it.  But I’d had such success with it I ordered a replacement before I was off the course.

I attached it to the bottom of my front left pocket so it’s never covered by a pullover or jacket, and it always in position to “hear” the strike signal.  Missed putts, sure. But never a missed strike that I can attribute to the link. Always missing an x club means it’s that sensors battery dying. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I have never used the link, not really had the desire to. I always felt like using a older iphone for the sole purpose of arccos worked great. The experience is just so much better on IOS vs Android and the older iphone I have is slim enough that it is more than fine being in my pocket. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Another thing I've thought about with the link - I'm not sure it's really even useful. I find myself taking the phone out of my pocket for each shot to get all the data, or recommendations for club selection, I need to have it in my pocket. I check the yardage from the tee, and then on approach shots, I laser the flag then see what the plays-like distance is reading and make my calculation off of that. I can see using the link in tournament play where I'm not allowed to use the full Arccos features, but still want to be able to do shot-tracking. Leave the phone in the bag so I'm not even tempted and just use my rangefinder like I have for years. 

Also the Caddy suggestions are incredibly conservative. I played a round and I planned to hit whatever Arccos recommended off the tee. Not once did it recommend driver. 430 yard par 4? Hit a 3-wood. 475 yard par 5? Hit your Hybrid. There were only the 5 holes I disagreed with it (two 400+ par 4s & 3 reachable par 5s). It was a short course with all the other par 4s in the 330-370 range, so hitting hybrid & long irons into the fairway wasn't the worst play, as they still left me in wedge distance. Never hitting driver seems to be the opposite of the SG approach though? After that experiment, I make note of the suggestion, but mostly ignore it. It is good to know what my backup club should be when I have a day that the driver isn't working.

Take Dead Aim

• 4 weeks later...

Used it again Friday, app worked fine, but I am about to give up on the Link. Had it being charged for days before my round, and it picked up the first shot and then disconnected and would not connect. And it’s too much to fool with when I’m playing with buddies. 

I may go play a cheap course one day by myself and just see if I can get it working or figure out the kinks. I just can’t bring myself to fiddle with my phone and the Link when I am playing with others. Thankfully the phone works just fine when in my pocket. Although I do have to adjust putts most holes. I see something for “footsteps” on putting but cannot figure out what that is. Will do more research. 

Tried the link one more time, and it worked the best it has thus far for me. Missed a couple of drives but overall did well. Not sure what the difference was, but hopefully it sticks. 

I have never had any problems with my link. Missed maybe a shot every 3 rounds, usually when its very windy or twilight. I have it attached to my left pocket so its not blocked by my sweater, windbreaker etc.

My 2 main negatives with the arccos is the subscription model, quite expensive. Getting accurate data on the exact length on the putts is also a grind. To get useful putting stats (and to some extent short and approach) one would have to at a minimum pace off every putt and write down the lengths.

• 2 weeks later...

So I know you guys are on a little snow break but how is the quality of your Arccos sensors? Any build issues? Any batteries dying yet?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I have used it I believe six times total. The sensors seem to be doing great. It is also fun to look at stats and where it is saying I could see the most improvement, which is one of my main focuses in testing. I do need to figure out a better way to get more accurate on the putting, as I think those stats are skewed.  The issues I have had with the Link are documented, but the last round I had only one missed shot, so I think the charge the night before inside may have fixed the issue. 

I have not been able to play in over a month due to weather/work. I am hoping to have some days in January where I might be able to play and just fool around with it, as it is somewhat tough to learn on the fly without staring at my phone during a round.