TESTERS WANTED! ×

2022 Official Arccos Bundle Member Test

GolfSpy_APH

After the summer/fall of hell, I am finally (knock on wood) ready to get on the course with Arccos tomorrow!  Forecast is for 55 degrees  I expect to be humbled at some serious regression in my game after so much time away, but I’m going to be happy to be out and on the course.

A HUGE thank you to the mods and my fellow spies for your patience as I’ve weathered some personal challenges that got in the way of this test. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

14 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

After the summer/fall of hell, I am finally (knock on wood) ready to get on the course with Arccos tomorrow!  Forecast is for 55 degrees  I expect to be humbled at some serious regression in my game after so much time away, but I’m going to be happy to be out and on the course.

A HUGE thank you to the mods and my fellow spies for your patience as I’ve weathered some personal challenges that got in the way of this test. 

Looking forward to it!  

Those first 5 rounds are kind of a drag, because I think the app gets so much better once you start to have good data in there and unlock the caddie feature.  I wish they would allow you to input you estimated starting distances (even if we're all wrong) to go with and it would adjust as you added rounds.  

Maybe I'll throw that in the suggestion box lol

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 1/30/2023 at 9:47 AM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Looking forward to it!  

Those first 5 rounds are kind of a drag, because I think the app gets so much better once you start to have good data in there and unlock the caddie feature.  I wish they would allow you to input you estimated starting distances (even if we're all wrong) to go with and it would adjust as you added rounds.  

Maybe I'll throw that in the suggestion box lol

That's one of the main concerns I have right now.  Self-inflicted I know, but I'm starting this review in dead of winter when I haven't played much...I'm not going to be in form, it's cold out, and the fairways are pretty shaggy.  Not sure how much I can rely on distances from Arccos right now.

But I suppose it's a review of the product, not of my game, so here goes...

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

First Impressions

After one round, and one round only, I'm...concerned.  Arccos is a great idea that has helped plenty of golfers I know and respect, but after my first on course experience the execution may be lacking a bit.

Unboxing & Set Up

The Arccos Caddie Bundle came professionally packaged and ready to go, and set up was as easy as advertised.

318965853_Unboxing1.jpg.4a1c404ae74a2502836cf4e56b5b73b3.jpg833342902_Unboxing2.jpg.f0e8cb9b91c0b1f93c1541c706a93783.jpg

Attaching the sensors to my clubs was easy, and once screwed into the grip the sensors fit flush, the aesthetics of the green notwithstanding.  Once installed, pairing the clubs to the app was equally seamless...simply select what club you are pairing in the app, hold the sensor under the phone camera, done.  Pairing an individual club takes about 10 seconds.

1228346309_ArccosSensors2.jpg.ec0a48f886735c95b4e5e32b827fd9c2.jpg2127701811_ArccosSensors1.jpg.c0250480c589f4f28c6e461cedb64f6c.jpgSuperStrokeAdapt4.PNG.0941e6769c56d6bd4404ce7b821d5a52.PNG

Gaming a putter with a SuperStroke grip, I also got my hands on a SuperStroke grip adapter.  As you likely know, many SuperStroke grips are counterweighted with a weight port at the end of the grip, making simply screwing in an Arccos sensor a problem.  Arccos has developed an adapter to solve the problem, and installation was equally as easy.

SuperStrokeAdapt1.jpg.59c78b270d209525b0be40c36072d7a5.jpg336860630_Superstroke4.jpg.06054e125decf14c3af7582c356823bd.jpg1449811843_Superstroke3.jpg.ab740342d50690d0010ed3419be9866a.jpg

So, after much delay, I finally got it on the course.

Round One Complete

Once I got to the course, connecting to Link and downloading the course GPS was painless and quick, and once I was paired I largely left the phone in my push cart.  For my first round in months and some funky conditions I was reasonably happy with my score (80), and I enjoyed not having to worry about my score or stats at all. 

1238443050_App1.PNG.d10dcd74d6f00b09ba72d443c938c756.PNG376902401_App3.PNG.e93fd560efc9908d04c6593dbd0e453d.PNG439427670_App2.PNG.fcb9f423070b1eb1fa5769dad7ae913d.PNG

Turns out, I did...Link missed 12 shots!  As much as I enjoyed seeing a 68 on my scorecard, it was a pain in the butt to have to go in and hunt around for where the shots were missed, and then add them in.  I'm not saying the process of having to add the shots was a pain, the interface is easy enough, but to put it bluntly...I expect things to work.  I have no problem keeping a manual scorecard and tracking some stats as I walk to the next tee.  If Arccos is going to make me do this every round, I'm not sure the juice is going to be worth the squeeze.  (I have NO desire to carry my phone in my pocket...this whole experiment depends on Link working.) And yes, this picture is exactly how I had Link positioned...uncovered, clipped to my left (target side) front pocket.

597492920_Link1.jpg.73317d8148b9f794b2fa43d5adf6fd0c.jpg

Once edited, Arccos informed me that my approach game sucks, which I certainly expected.  More on the analytics portion as I add more rounds in.

713385268_App4.PNG.9b0eb1d537c7136ad6ac465f97da2a75.PNG 

I should be able to get out next Monday as well, so I plan to have much more to say about Link.  And, I intend to spend a lot more review time on the app itself, particularly the GPS.  In the mean time, please ask questions, or comment!  (And, once more, thank you for everyone's patience with some of my personal challenges that got in the way of this review this fall...I really appreciate it.)

Got out again yesterday for my second round with Arccos.  Wasn't a great day weather wise, but that ended up being a good thing as far as testing purposes.

Big fan of the GPS!

First, for some background, I have been a Grint member for a while, and for a long time I used the Grint app for GPS purposes, but when I got a Bushnell rangefinder I ended up using the laser a LOT more and didn't really use GPS all that much.  After reading/listening to Jon Sherman's "Four Foundations of Golf" I started to realize the folly of that approach.  To be clear, from a course management perspective I'm smart enough to not fire at every pin.  That said, having only the pin distance as a data point is really incomplete information when you start trying to play away from hazards and pick better targets in general.

What's more, having really not spent much time looking into GPS, I had no idea I could get condition-adjusted yardages as well! Here's a couple screenshots from the Arccos GPS on approach shots:

1409537930_GPS1.PNG.7b6d5731db0beef677b36b568e59dacb.PNG1129630886_GPS2.PNG.56a623eac922f26440c85437647f81ba.PNG

Having wind adjusted yardage help was huge in terms of confidently selecting the right club and putting a committed swing on it.  I really really enjoyed this feature and the use of the GPS as a whole; if I don't stick with Arccos I'm definitely still going to be in the market for a quality GPS solution.

On the day, shot a 78 in not awesome conditions so I was reasonably happy.  I honestly think it's a little harder to play right now...nothing goes as far as normal stock yardages given the temperatures, you're getting next to no roll in the shaggy fairways, etc.  (I can come up with more excuses if I need to...) I'm very skeptical of Arccos as far as club/distance recommendations when I have enough rounds in given the conditions I'm currently playing in, but we'll see.

161868496_2ndScorecard.PNG.439c23be6f5e1023c8ab55966e66ec05.PNG

A couple other quick observations:

- Phone battery:  I put my phone in low battery mode before each of these first two rounds.  During the rounds I had the occasional text from the wife, a few checks of the inter-webs to see if the Broncos had signed Sean Payton yet, etc.  After a three and half hour round, my phone battery (again, in low battery mode) had fallen off 25%.  I've got a 2-year old iPhone 12.  So, not a terrible battery suck at all to be running the app so far, in my limited experience.

- Link battery:  on hole 17 of my second 18-hole round, the app gave me a warning that the Link charge was getting low.  Both of my rounds were about 3.3 hours.  If you're slogging through 4+ hour rounds during peak days and times, I'm not confident Link would make it through 2 consecutive rounds at that pace without charging it in between, but that's just my suspicion.

- On more than one occasion I found myself gripping "up" on an iron, making the club effectively a little bit longer, because I wasn't discerning that it was the sensor and not the actual butt end of the club that I was feeling.  Something I need to look out for in the future.

- Link did a little better, missed 5 shots and somehow added two.  I intend to spend a little more time focusing on Link in my next review, because whether or not it works well is very much a make or break thing for me with regards to my future with Arccos.

Questions/comments?  Hit me up!

@Getoffmylawn it seems you're in good company with some concerns and issues with the link working properly.  I normally carry my phone in my pocket, so its not a problem for me, but there are a lot of people who feel the way you do.  

Like you I enjoy the GPS side of Arccos, maybe even more so than the shot tracking.  I'm curious if this will lead you to carrying your phone with you during rounds, and less issues with the link to spoil your experience.  

For what it's worth,  Arccos rarely misses a shot for me using my iphone.  And I usually just check it as I'm marking the flag stick location.  If I need to make an edit it is easy enough walking to the next tee while it's still fresh in my mind.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

@Getoffmylawn it seems you're in good company with some concerns and issues with the link working properly.  I normally carry my phone in my pocket, so its not a problem for me, but there are a lot of people who feel the way you do.  

Like you I enjoy the GPS side of Arccos, maybe even more so than the shot tracking.  I'm curious if this will lead you to carrying your phone with you during rounds, and less issues with the link to spoil your experience.  

For what it's worth,  Arccos rarely misses a shot for me using my iphone.  And I usually just check it as I'm marking the flag stick location.  If I need to make an edit it is easy enough walking to the next tee while it's still fresh in my mind.

Yeah, I really really really don’t want to carry my phone in my pocket.  If I have more than a tee, ball marker, and repair tool in my pocket it bothers me.  And I don’t want to be that close to the “what hole are you on” texts from the wife!

I do walk 99% of the time, I suppose checking my phone while walking to the next tee box would be a better practice than combing through after the entire round.

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I have used my phone and had no issues so I have pretty much given up on the link. Hoping to play again Friday so will give an update then as well. 

Also, Go Broncos @Getoffmylawn

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

22 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I have found that the apple watch detects the best out of anything I have tried. Between the iphone and link, apple watch was the best. Got it every single time. 

Srixon ZX7 Mk II Irons 5-9

Titleist U505 2 Iron 

PING G430 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland 3 Wood

2024 Calloway Ai Smoke Triple Diamond Driver with Oban shaft

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Putter

Taylormade 2024 TP5x 

25 minutes ago, BeansGuy said:

I have found that the apple watch detects the best out of anything I have tried. Between the iphone and link, apple watch was the best. Got it every single time. 

I use the apple watch for the GPS and updating my putts/marking flags... but I have not used it for shot detection because I was worried about it draining the battery.  I've been able to get through two rounds with no issues (and still have enough for the rest of the day).  How do you find it impacts the battery life on your watch when you use it for shot identification too?

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I use the apple watch for the GPS and updating my putts/marking flags... but I have not used it for shot detection because I was worried about it draining the battery.  I've been able to get through two rounds with no issues (and still have enough for the rest of the day).  How do you find it impacts the battery life on your watch when you use it for shot identification too?

On my latest generation watch, it would use around 30% I believe. Previous generation of the watch it used much more, around 60%. If you don't mind wearing a watch when playing, to me it was the best. 

Titleist U505 2 Iron 

PING G430 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland 3 Wood

Taylormade 2024 TP5x 

I played Friday and went phone only, I think it missed 2 shots. So overall it went well. 

One thing that I have noticed is that the strokes gained putting seems to be lower than I feel I am playing. I am wondering if it takes into account putting from off the green, as I do that a decent amount if it’s flat and fairly close, even if I mark it as a chip on the app. Does anyone else know about that? Maybe I’m not as good of a putter as I think I am 😂

Weather, school, and an upcoming family trip thwarted my hopes of getting Arccos Round #3 in...will have to wait a bit.  In the interim I've been making sure I am doing everything right to make sure Link is set up to work.

Here's the Arccos site support info on Link missing shots, if anyone is interested:

https://support.arccosgolf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045850252-Why-is-my-Arccos-Link-missing-shots-

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2023 at 6:01 PM, Ben_Howell34 said:

I played Friday and went phone only, I think it missed 2 shots. So overall it went well. 

One thing that I have noticed is that the strokes gained putting seems to be lower than I feel I am playing. I am wondering if it takes into account putting from off the green, as I do that a decent amount if it’s flat and fairly close, even if I mark it as a chip on the app. Does anyone else know about that? Maybe I’m not as good of a putter as I think I am 😂

I would love to know about this as well with the putting, I had NO idea you can mark the Texas wedge shots as chips how do you do that?! My buddy just got Arccos and was asking me about the putting off the green stuff as well. (Never mind I found it in the putting menu on the zoomed in green) 

Edited by G0al3d

What's in my ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png Pioneer Bag:

Driver: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max 10k 9* (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 50s)

3 & 7 Woods: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 Max (fujikra.png.8382fa5c997744d5f1292f9e8f7a8183.png Speeder NX 60s/70s)

3 & 4 Hybrids: ping-Ti.png.6cd5b395c0cff9084e0a161b65c03b28.png G430 (KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 75r) 

5 - PW Irons: mizuno-png-file-mizuno-logo-svg-1280-Ti.png.126a6588b3a078798a2ef7665da37175.png Pro 243 (KBS $ Taper 120s)

Wedges: cleveland-Ti.png.75bbccb15db6b4f1af15544ff6d82299.png RTX-6 50*/54* (mid) CBX&RTX Full-Face2 58*

Putter: lablogo_small_stacked.png.6384fc480e5c02d0a2a3ce2194f2fc8a.png DF 2.1 TPT shaft

Ball: Titleist ProV1

arccos.png.b5139ec0e8590e6219c1043121e31b84.png

On 2/22/2023 at 1:43 PM, G0al3d said:

I would love to know about this as well with the putting, I had NO idea you can mark the Texas wedge shots as chips how do you do that?! My buddy just got Arccos and was asking me about the putting off the green stuff as well. (Never mind I found it in the putting menu on the zoomed in green) 

If you just go to the putt and select it, it gives you the option to turn it into a chip. 

Okay testers, what is your favourite part of the app/dashboard? What has stood out to you in there and have you gone through much of it to find your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Okay testers, what is your favourite part of the app/dashboard? What has stood out to you in there and have you gone through much of it to find your biggest strengths and weaknesses?

I would say my favorite part of the app is the strokes gained portion, but more specifically the breakdown. My weakness is iron play, but this has really shown me how much weaker it is. 

image.png.185cb75e0294a396fe4a4b58a7151349.png

However, as we all have a finite amount of time to practice golf, and I especially do as a working dad with two young kids and no club membership, it is important to know what to work on to maximize our improvement. 

I would have told you that I’m decent at shorter irons and terrible at long irons, but Arccos says differently according to proximity to the hole: 

image.png.412789f5b5771c8b435188aeec8af66e.png

So this has helped me A: reset my expectations to know what is actually a good shot or not and B: see what I need to work on in my finite practice time. My current strategy/portion of the test is to focus 80% of my practice time on making great contact with my irons and wedges so that my dispersion in both my distances and direction drops. 

Now the other side of this is, I don’t want to neglect the other parts of my game and lose them either. So trying to balance feeding my weak spots versus maintaining my strengths (driving and putting). 

So far I don’t have enough rounds in to justify getting too into the weeds on the data, but I am certain I’m going to be enjoying the Strokes Gained data.  Through 2 rounds Arccos is confirming what I already knew, my approach game needs work:

3C07AB11-3B41-465D-823D-4CB9B8904ABF.png.9e254ef49a9e99971648e47ac3f87b70.png

But, data like this on my putting makes it obvious I just don’t have enough rounds in yet:

0281FD19-7AA9-4F05-A297-A4959E0F7870.png.4b8691681af3a9c2ca0e4df8d7e6297a.png

Next week is not looking promising weather-wise, but I am optimistic I am going to crank out rounds in short order soon.

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone missed it from the main HQ site, Arccos has upgraded the Apple Watch experience.  To whom it may concern:

https://mygolfspy.com/arccos-announces-major-upgrades-to-apple-watch-app/

1 hour ago, Getoffmylawn said:

In case anyone missed it from the main HQ site, Arccos has upgraded the Apple Watch experience.  To whom it may concern:

Well that sounds like a good update for those who really don't want their phone with them.  Although I know I've been able to mark pin locations prior to this update, so it's weird that it's being called out here.  Either way, I like that we're still seeing updated from Arccos.  If you're going to push a subscription model on your customers it is important to show where those dollars are going.

52 degrees and no rain in the forecast tomorrow means I've very likely to go get a round in.  Greens slow, fairways still shaggy, but I'm looking forward to it.

It also feels like it's going to be a make or break round for me regarding Arccos, and specifically Link.  I love having a quality GPS, especially adjusted for conditions, but the real goodness I've been looking for from Arccos is low-maintenance user-friendly Strokes Gained analytics.  

As some of you know, I'm a DECADE guy, but I haven't really taken advantage of the data entry and Strokes Gained analytics so far.  I have an Elite membership, but the data entry looked staggering at the time, and I'm usually rushing off the course to get home, so Arccos doing it for me was particularly appealing. So far I've had two less than awesome experiences of having to adjust and edit my rounds due to Link missing shots.

Here's a (partial) screenshot of what DECADE offers for Strokes Gained analysis, which right now isn't populated because I haven't entered anything, yet.

ScreenShot2023-03-08at10_36_34AM.png.10cdf824f76b010d1ba443e7aa145bca.png

The point being, if Arccos isn't going to in fact do it for me, it's going to be very hard long-term to not say "the hell with that" and go buy a good GPS solution, and simply invest the time to get my SG from DECADE.  (I know how stubborn it is of me, but I'm NOT going to wear a watch or carry my phone.)

OK I have the new latest generation Arccos Caddie Link sensors installed and played three 9 hole rounds so far this winter and am using my iPhone 8plus to capture the data. I am missing shots (mostly drivers) and going back having to work through it all is a pain and inaccurate as to about where the ball landed.   The phone does work well for distances to the pin.

So the big question is IF I go buy the Arccos Caddie Link 2 Clip on unit, will it record my shots much better and more consistently than my iPhone in the front pocket?  

Reading through the forum posts here on this topic it looks like some said the Arccos Caddie Link Gen 2  records much better than the phone and some said the phone was same or better than the Caddie Clip Link.  Thanks for your assistance. 

Edited by RITZ

I'll post more on this after I've had a chance to go through the card and the data, but Arccos and I had a pretty darn good day today...dare I say a breakthrough day.  Much credit goes to @GolfSpy_BOS for his recommendation to check the shot tracking after each hole on the way to the next tee box, rather than after the end of the round.  That saved me some head-scratching after the round for sure.

The good news:  Link didn't miss a shot this time for me!  The bad news: somehow it added a few.  A couple times I came off a hole and found Arccos had recorded two chips when I hadn't, which I thought was rather odd.  However, it was easily fixed in the app during the stroll to the next tee box!

6 hours ago, RITZ said:

OK I have the new latest generation Arccos Caddie Link sensors installed and played three 9 hole rounds so far this winter and am using my iPhone 8plus to capture the data. I am missing shots (mostly drivers) and going back having to work through it all is a pain and inaccurate as to about where the ball landed.   The phone does work well for distances to the pin.

So the big question is IF I go buy the Arccos Caddie Link 2 Clip on unit, will it record my shots much better and more consistently than my iPhone in the front pocket?  

Reading through the forum posts here on this topic it looks like some said the Arccos Caddie Link Gen 2  records much better than the phone and some said the phone was same or better than the Caddie Clip Link.  Thanks for your assistance. 

First, welcome to the forum!  I encourage you to stick around, cruise through the site, and introduce yourself, here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/60-introduce-yourself-wiyb-whats-in-your-bag/

So, as it sounds like you've noticed, a couple of us have had problems with Link.  That said, my experience has improved each time out.  I'm sure you know but it does merit mentioning...make sure Link isn't covered by anything.  I've found clipping it to my pocket works well.

In your case, it sounds like you're having a problem specific to one club, your driver.  If that's the case, you could potentially have a bad sensor, something that hasn't happened to me but I have heard happen to other Arccos users on this forum.

Here's a link to the Arccos troubleshooting guide specific to sensors:

https://support.arccosgolf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036471452-How-can-I-check-if-my-sensors-are-working-paired-correctly-

And, here's the Link troubleshooting guide:

https://support.arccosgolf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045850252-Why-is-my-Arccos-Link-missing-shots-

If that doesn't help, perhaps contact Arccos.  (And if you do, come back and tell us how that goes.)

I decided to go arccos way again. I ordered the grips, and I have an apple watch that gives you the best success rate when detecting shots. I do love their stats, as they are beneficial. I hope I like the grips. 

Titleist U505 2 Iron 

PING G430 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland 3 Wood

Taylormade 2024 TP5x 

Great job with the reviews everyone!!  

I know some of you mentioned in the play/trade section that you weren't sure if it was worth it to renew it after the 1 year is complete.  That's exactly where I'm at with Arccos.  I used it last year (without link) and did like that I could put hard data on where to focus, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price to renew it for another year.  Mine showed that I really needed to improve on approach shots (which I knew), but never realized how strong my short game was because I'm always having to use it. 🙂 

I feel like the one thing I really want to continue using is just the GPS to get real adjusted numbers.  I'm wondering if I can just do something else like 18Birdies to make it cheaper.

I'm almost wondering if Arccos is something that you turn on every few years just to check progress rather than keep renewing it year after year.  Love to get your thoughts as well!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Anyone have an Apple Watch to try out the latest Arccos update?  I pulled the sensors off my clubs last year but am thinking of giving it another try if the watch upgrades are truly that great.  I never really enjoyed keeping a phone in my pocket, and the link wasn't that great right after launch.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

6 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Great job with the reviews everyone!!  

I know some of you mentioned in the play/trade section that you weren't sure if it was worth it to renew it after the 1 year is complete.  That's exactly where I'm at with Arccos.  I used it last year (without link) and did like that I could put hard data on where to focus, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price to renew it for another year.  Mine showed that I really needed to improve on approach shots (which I knew), but never realized how strong my short game was because I'm always having to use it. 🙂 

I feel like the one thing I really want to continue using is just the GPS to get real adjusted numbers.  I'm wondering if I can just do something else like 18Birdies to make it cheaper.

I'm almost wondering if Arccos is something that you turn on every few years just to check progress rather than keep renewing it year after year.  Love to get your thoughts as well!

Thanks for the feedback.

I briefly looked into other GPS alternatives, and found that most of the good apps and devices out there are subscription based too.  18Birdies for instance is free, but to unlock the premium version with conditions-adjusted GPS (among other things) requires a premium membership…$99 a year.
Definitely something I’ll be investigating a lot when the time comes.

I am seeing a theme in these tests: the app is giving confirmation on what we thought our weaknesses are, not necessarily giving us new information.