TESTERS WANTED! ×

Evnroll Er2 Weight

DukeStKing

I got an ER2 with 3 dots (33 inch) because I found the 34 inch too light and I was putting lights out at the store with the 33. Played today and had 20 putts on the 18 on the back- had a little trouble with the heft and lag putts. Felt better on the back and my expectations were not too high as I didn’t practice with it on real greens.

So what I’m wondering is if I lengthen it an inch that should bring the swing weight down a bit? Or should I go back to the store and get the 34? Of course I could just practice more and get used to the 370 gram head- I wanted the extra weight because I love the gravity grip and the 355 gram felt too light. I’m leaning toward practice, practice, proactive- my only worry is that I won’t be able to exchange it for the 34 inch in 2 weeks. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

Having an two dot ER5 extended to 35” has been a noticeable improvement for me (changed grip too), I’m putting much better than I did when it was a stock 34” with GG. For other readers, it may vary for different Evnroll models but I thought head weights were/are 33”-385g, 34”-370g, 35”-355g but not positive.

For those who may be curious, per Evnroll: Weight – Tour preferred swingweight at each length. One Dot @ 35”, Two Dots @ 34”, Three Dots @ 33”.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

2 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

I got an ER2 with 3 dots (33 inch) because I found the 34 inch too light and I was putting lights out at the store with the 33. Played today and had 20 putts on the 18 on the back- had a little trouble with the heft and lag putts. Felt better on the back and my expectations were not too high as I didn’t practice with it on real greens.

So what I’m wondering is if I lengthen it an inch that should bring the swing weight down a bit? Or should I go back to the store and get the 34? Of course I could just practice more and get used to the 370 gram head- I wanted the extra weight because I love the gravity grip and the 355 gram felt too light. I’m leaning toward practice, practice, proactive- my only worry is that I won’t be able to exchange it for the 34 inch in 2 weeks. 

Lengthening the putter will increase the swing weight and technically makes it feel heavier 

So if you want it to feel lighter just go with the lighter head 

As for length, don’t use length to play with swing weight. Length should be fit for your  stance/stroke. Find the length that is most comfortable and adjust head weight based on what feels best for you

If you want a 33” putter with the two dot (370) or one dot (355) the you can order a custom putter from Evnroll

One Dot 355

Two Dot 370

Three Dot 385

1 hour ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Lengthening the putter will increase the swing weight and technically makes it feel heavier 

As for length, don’t use length to play with swing weight. Length should be fit for your  stance/stroke. Find the length that is most comfortable and adjust head weight based on what feels best for you

If you want a 33” putter with the two dot (370) or one dot (355) the you can order a custom putter from Evnroll

One Dot 355

Two Dot 370

Three Dot 385

Thanks.

3 dots are 385? No wonder it feels so heavy. I thought it was supposed to be 370? 

I may go back to the store. 

8 hours ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

One Dot 355

Two Dot 370

Three Dot 385

Just double checked about a custom order and the site listed the following weights:

9C723D9C-1450-45EC-BA96-C7ABBE884E33.png

9 hours ago, Middler said:

Having an two dot ER5 extended to 35” has been a noticeable improvement for me (changed grip too), I’m putting much better than I did when it was a stock 34” with GG. For other readers, it may vary for different Evnroll models but I thought head weights were/are 33”-385g, 34”-370g, 35”-355g but not positive.

Looks like it’s this:

603DD468-9E3F-493F-A931-4B8AEC4E6DA6.png

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_Lukes said:

Ah. I know it is different for the V series

3D9E59A7-2BB9-49F3-88BE-E62B89676216.png

Ahhh- v series. Tricky Evnroll! 😜

My ER2 is 370 and 33” with a Gravity Grip.

Works terrific for me.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

My ER2 is 370 and 33” with a Gravity Grip.

Works terrific for me.

Glad you still like it!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

So I went with the ER2v (mid slant) at 34 inches (2 dots) with the Tour Tac grip. I love the idea of the V series, because I want to get a midlock shaft. The 34 inch feels great and not having the gravity grip reduces the overall weight. Still may swing canto the gravity grip but for now the pistol feels good. 

My original ER 3 is 385 grams but I was told by an Evnroll rep that they felt that was too heavy and were no longer making heads that weight. When I purchased an ER 7CS I could only get it with a 370 g head. (Bought the mallett once it was available as they only originally had blades). Took me awhile to get used to the lighter head and even put lead weights on it for a month or so but now use at 370g.

Ping G425 SGT Driver

Ping Rapture V2 4 wood

Ping Rapture V2 23 ° Hybrid

Ping G430 26 ° Hybrib

Ping G 6 to PW irons

Ping 50° & 54° Glide 2 Wedge

Square Strike Chipper

Sandy Andy Sand Wedge

Evnroll ER7CS Center Shaft putter

I guess the hosel will make the 2 dot ER2v weigh 370? 

59A5922A-3D05-4A61-9240-3D09DA9681DC.jpeg

I bought a used Armlock shaft for my ER2 V (2 dots) and I know that the Armlock heads are 3 dots (185 grams). So I’m thinking of pouring tungsten powder down shaft to bring the weight up 15 grams. Anyone see a problem with that plan? 

I think . . . heavier weight improves accuracy on my short putts but I putt cross handed and very little arc, a face balanced big heavy Scotty Futura X and a lighter Musty wood mallet.  The Musty being lighter, I don't control it as well on short putts.  But putting is so individual, your height, weight, length of arms, legs, waste, neck, curve of neck, etc.  Try a buncha, and PRACTICE a lot.   

Driver: PXG 0211, A flex Evnflo Riptide (2021). And an old Callaway 454 TI (2004) on regular flex.

3 W: Callaway Steelhead Xr A flex Tensei CK 55 gram. The rest are Regular flex.

5 W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hybrid iron, GFF, even tho it is a hollow body iron.

6,7,8,9,wedge: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex shafts.

Gap wedges: 52 x 9 Mizuno forged S5, wedge shaft; 60 x 6 Mizuno forged T7, wedge shaft.

Sand: Old original Hogan Sure Out on Apex original shaft, probably 56 / 12.

Chipper:  (yep I carry a chipper) old Don Martin "Up n In" bronze? copper? 🙂

Putter: Just switched Jan 2024 to a Odyssey Stroke lab "R" Ball with the 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

• 1 month later...

Couple comments.

1) The image of ER2B on a scale suggest that different hosels weight the same.  It seems unlikely that a "Long Plumber" will weigh the same as a "short slant", for example..  

2)The image of the website.  I cannot find it either at the ".com" link or ".ca".  Moreover, if I search "340" or "355"  it only shows ER10 weight kit.  Perhaps the website change?

3)Those weights listed above are clearly lower than what had become the EVNROLL standard of 355 / 370 / 385.  Any thoughts on why?

Personally, I would welcome a 340 gram blade (that I would cut down to 34") with ER technology, but that is just me.

For future reference. 

I bought an ER1v black one light grey dot.  Headweight with no hosel but with screw 319 grams.  (Screw weight 4 grams) -- roughly in line with photo above for 2 dot.

Decided to replace shaft.  Headweight with hosel came in at 355 grams. 

Fortunately, the BGT Tour shaft I pulled from another eBay mistake club brought the overall weight in line with my preferences.  Love the club. 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I was trying to figure out why my ER2B felt so jumpy and light, didnt realize there were different head weights.  Even with a BGT and gravity grip it still feels light and difficult to maintain speed consistency putt to putt.

I gave up and went back to my mallet quickly.  Thanks for highlighting this.

WITB: Callaway, PXG, Ping, Cobra, Cleveland

• 11 months later...
On 12/2/2022 at 10:39 PM, Steve67 said:

For future reference. 

I bought an ER1v black one light grey dot.  Headweight with no hosel but with screw 319 grams.  (Screw weight 4 grams) -- roughly in line with photo above for 2 dot.

Decided to replace shaft.  Headweight with hosel came in at 355 grams. 

Fortunately, the BGT Tour shaft I pulled from another eBay mistake club brought the overall weight in line with my preferences.  Love the club. 😀

Mmm, your 1 dot ER1V head+screw+hosel weight 355garms. Can you tell us what's your hosel type?

I don't think every type of hosel weight the same.